Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

QuarkJets
Sep 8, 2008

actionjackson posted:

another small cleaning question - I have a bit of quartz in my shower niche, and there is a slightly visible ring on it from the shampoo bottle. I first tried barkeeper's friend, which I think helped somewhat, but it's still a bit visible. Would you recommend baking soda as my next option? I've read to leave it and warm water on there for 15-30 minutes. Other cleaners I have are either unsafe for quartz, or I'm not sure - I don't have any other quartz in my home.

Tons of people have quartz countertops, I'd look up some guides for cleaning those - the same guidance should apply to your shower. I'm going to guess that baking soda is fine. Carefully scraping it off with a thin blade may also be an option

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Queen Victorian
Feb 21, 2018

actionjackson posted:

another small cleaning question - I have a bit of quartz in my shower niche, and there is a slightly visible ring on it from the shampoo bottle. I first tried barkeeper's friend, which I think helped somewhat, but it's still a bit visible. Would you recommend baking soda as my next option? I've read to leave it and warm water on there for 15-30 minutes. Other cleaners I have are either unsafe for quartz, or I'm not sure - I don't have any other quartz in my home.

Have you considered accepting steam as your lord and savior?

actionjackson
Jan 12, 2003

Queen Victorian posted:

Have you considered accepting steam as your lord and savior?

what do you mean

Cyrano4747
Sep 25, 2006

Yes, I know I'm old, get off my fucking lawn so I can yell at these clouds.

actionjackson posted:

what do you mean

She wants you to enjoy discounted video games.

Queen Victorian
Feb 21, 2018

actionjackson posted:

what do you mean

Get a steam cleaner: https://dupray.com/products/neat-steam-cleaner or https://www.mccullochsteam.com/shop/steam-cleaners/mc1375-canister-steam-cleaner

Basically you just blast grime with superheated steam and it melts out of whatever it's embedded in and you wipe it up. No harsh chemicals or scrubbing required.

There's a ton of other stuff you can do with it, like clean the entire bathroom and kitchen, steam-mop the floors, clean windows, disinfect sponges etc., block your knitting/crochet, clean your extractor fan, kill mold and mildew, clean and deodorize upholstery, dewrinkle clothes, detail your car, and more.

QuarkJets
Sep 8, 2008

I haven't yet been convinced to buy a steam cleaner. On the other hand, I did buy a pressure washer a few years ago and that thing's been surprisingly handy, so maybe that's what would happen with a steam cleaner

What does steam-mopping floors entail? Are we talking about a mop-head attachment of some kind or are you separately spewing steam across the surface and then using a mop on it?

Queen Victorian
Feb 21, 2018

Yeah it has a mop head attachment with reusable microfiber pads (or just tie whatever rag you want to it). So you're blowing the steam through the microfiber while you run the mop across the floor.

Hed
Mar 31, 2004

Fun Shoe
Can you compare/contrast those models? As is one looks like it is modern and will break, and the other looks like serious PROFESSIONAL GRADE but I'd love to know if this is like BlendTec/Vitamix or something else

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

Queen Victorian posted:

Get a steam cleaner: https://dupray.com/products/neat-steam-cleaner or https://www.mccullochsteam.com/shop/steam-cleaners/mc1375-canister-steam-cleaner

Basically you just blast grime with superheated steam and it melts out of whatever it's embedded in and you wipe it up. No harsh chemicals or scrubbing required.

There's a ton of other stuff you can do with it, like clean the entire bathroom and kitchen, steam-mop the floors, clean windows, disinfect sponges etc., block your knitting/crochet, clean your extractor fan, kill mold and mildew, clean and deodorize upholstery, dewrinkle clothes, detail your car, and more.

doesn't seem to take stains out of my grout, seemed to do okay on the rest of my shower

Queen Victorian
Feb 21, 2018

Tunicate posted:

doesn't seem to take stains out of my grout, seemed to do okay on the rest of my shower

Yeah it won't unstain grout, just de-gunk and sanitize it. My suspicion is that the miraculous grout-cleaning shots involve newer grout that's merely gunked up and not stained.

My grout, which is absolutely ancient (and failing in a few places), has gotten a bit lighter in places, but it's far from perfect, because the staining is reeeeally set in, and the lightening is probably from removing grime/mildew that was on top of the already stained grout. Applying bleach or hydrogen peroxide to the grout might help lift the stains.

Hed posted:

Can you compare/contrast those models? As is one looks like it is modern and will break, and the other looks like serious PROFESSIONAL GRADE but I'd love to know if this is like BlendTec/Vitamix or something else

I don't think you could go wrong with either, but there are a few notable differences.

The Dupray models are definitely designed in a way to make them appealing to homeowners (I love that my steamer is a cute little breadbox with a hose sticking out of it) who might want to do household tasks with them, while the McCulloch design scheme seems to target the workshop/automotive crowd more. Other than outward design/branding, this is reflected in the assortment of attachments. The McCulloch has more types of brushes, but the Dupray has that nifty window squeegee attachment, and the microfiber bonnet (which goes over the triangle brush), which is perfect for walls and upholstery.

One big thing that I noticed was that the Dupray advertises a much higher steam temp, at 275F, while the McCulloch says it heats to "over 200F".

devicenull
May 30, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Queen Victorian posted:

Yeah it won't unstain grout, just de-gunk and sanitize it. My suspicion is that the miraculous grout-cleaning shots involve newer grout that's merely gunked up and not stained.

My grout, which is absolutely ancient (and failing in a few places), has gotten a bit lighter in places, but it's far from perfect, because the staining is reeeeally set in, and the lightening is probably from removing grime/mildew that was on top of the already stained grout. Applying bleach or hydrogen peroxide to the grout might help lift the stains.

I don't think you could go wrong with either, but there are a few notable differences.

The Dupray models are definitely designed in a way to make them appealing to homeowners (I love that my steamer is a cute little breadbox with a hose sticking out of it) who might want to do household tasks with them, while the McCulloch design scheme seems to target the workshop/automotive crowd more. Other than outward design/branding, this is reflected in the assortment of attachments. The McCulloch has more types of brushes, but the Dupray has that nifty window squeegee attachment, and the microfiber bonnet (which goes over the triangle brush), which is perfect for walls and upholstery.

One big thing that I noticed was that the Dupray advertises a much higher steam temp, at 275F, while the McCulloch says it heats to "over 200F".

I found the dupray window tool to be a gimmick - it's a lot quicker and less messy to use some Invisible Glass and a microfiber rag. The problem with glass is the steam instantly condenses, and makes a mess of the floor.

Kaiser Schnitzel
Mar 29, 2006

Schnitzel mit uns

Queen Victorian posted:

Does it work on hardwood floors or does it gently caress up the finish?

VelociBacon
Dec 8, 2009

Kaiser Schnitzel posted:

I'm not an expert but I think this is where you see a difference between actual hardwood floors and engineered hardwood.

BonoMan
Feb 20, 2002

Jade Ear Joe
Godddddammnnnnn pieceofshitpreviousowners

Pretty sure this was a known problem that was shittily repaired and repainted and has made itself known again.

In wall water leak (or possibly in slab).

This is the closet that shares a wall with a bathroom. Sink, toilet and tub all on this side. No signs of leaking in the actual bathroom areas.

I was in this closet rearranging a month ago and no damage or wet carpet at the moment when I did that. Luckily my wife randomly noticed the molding moulding. The brown areas on the carpet are from a cardboard box that had it's corner start breaking down from the water.

Plumber has already been called. Can't wait to see how our home warranty fails us.

Inner Light
Jan 2, 2020

Kaiser Schnitzel posted:

I really like Wirecutter, which is a "Consumer Reports but better" thing from NYT, they have opinions on Steam Mops and warn against anything but glazed tile or sealed stone.

Not sure how hard it will paywall you, and also they will benefit from your URL clicks, which I don't mind: https://www.nytimes.com/wirecutter/reviews/best-steam-mop/

Queen Victorian
Feb 21, 2018

devicenull posted:

I found the dupray window tool to be a gimmick - it's a lot quicker and less messy to use some Invisible Glass and a microfiber rag. The problem with glass is the steam instantly condenses, and makes a mess of the floor.

Yeah one of the reviews I watched mentioned the pooling on the floor issue. Perhaps that's why the promotional/demonstrative footage shows the person using the window tool with one hand and immediately following up with a microfiber rag in the other.

I haven't used it yet, but my plan was to mainly use it outside (where getting water on the floor won't matter) for the front windows, which include a bunch of transoms and dentil molding (would just use the nozzle the molding). I'll provide a trip report in the spring when it's time to clean the exterior of the windows.

Inner Light
Jan 2, 2020

BonoMan posted:

Godddddammnnnnn pieceofshitpreviousowners

Pretty sure this was a known problem that was shittily repaired and repainted and has made itself known again.

In wall water leak (or possibly in slab).

This is the closet that shares a wall with a bathroom. Sink, toilet and tub all on this side. No signs of leaking in the actual bathroom areas.

I was in this closet rearranging a month ago and no damage or wet carpet at the moment when I did that. Luckily my wife randomly noticed the molding moulding. The brown areas on the carpet are from a cardboard box that had it's corner start breaking down from the water.

Plumber has already been called. Can't wait to see how our home warranty fails us.

:stonk: :stonk:

I'm sorry you are dealing with that. Not fun to find. Regretfully as you may be familiar with, I'm not aware of any home warranty that covers water damage. Here is a sample contract from known horrible company Home Warranty of America, ctrl+f'd "water damage" and they don't cover it: https://www.hwahomewarranty.com/docs/NA_Sample_Coverage_Terms.pdf

But if the plumber is from their network or you are otherwise able to guarantee payment of the plumber's fee via your home warranty, that could cover the cause of it, if it is plumbing related. However, if there is a need to access inside a covered and painted wall, the warranty will not cover any fees related to access or fixing wall damage after a repair. Or I guess that contract ^ says they'll patch it but won't paint it.

I assume you already went through homeowner's / condo insurance also? Or do you think it's under your deductible :-/

Inner Light fucked around with this message at 01:59 on Oct 24, 2022

BonoMan
Feb 20, 2002

Jade Ear Joe

Inner Light posted:

:stonk: :stonk:

I'm sorry you are dealing with that. Not fun to find. Regretfully as you may be familiar with, I'm not aware of any home warranty that covers water damage. Here is a sample contract from known horrible company Home Warranty of America, ctrl+f'd "water damage" and they don't cover it: https://www.hwahomewarranty.com/docs/NA_Sample_Coverage_Terms.pdf

But if the plumber is from their network or you are otherwise able to guarantee payment of the plumber's fee via your home warranty, that could cover the cause of it, if it is plumbing related. However, if there is a need to access inside a covered and painted wall, the warranty will not cover any fees related to access or fixing wall damage after a repair. Or I guess that contract ^ says they'll patch it but won't paint it.

I assume you already went through homeowner's / condo insurance also? Or do you think it's under your deductible :-/

Yeah I went through the Home Warranty company to schedule them. They do cover leaks and breaks but yeah not the wall repair which I'm fine with. I can do that myself and we were gonna replace the carpet anyway. I'm just more concerned with getting the leak/break fixed and pleasejesusdontbeintheslaborimsellingtheplaceandmovingtomexico

Motronic
Nov 6, 2009

devicenull posted:

I very recently got one of these and I can't see using it on regular interior windows. But it cleaned the poo poo out of my glass shower door.

I feel like it might be worth it for "remedial" cases, but those should mostly be exterior......I hope.

Chaosfeather
Nov 4, 2008

Re: Itchy, sneezing with water in the apt.

Did another test with my partner, this time tolerated the shower until it was actively itching and burning my skin, sneezing, took two water samples and the chlorine and chloramine levels were much higher (not quite double though) than the initial test. The scratch I got from the cat in particular hurt like a goddamn fire, to the point the peroxide after the shower to clean it was almost positively soothing.

We ordered a shower filter/shower head combo that targets chlorine and chloramine more, not complete elimination but to see if it helps at all.

Tonight's shower with the new filter, despite being hot in temperature, offered no rash, no burns, no sneezing, I waited until I normally start showing severe symptoms. I have a little bit of a nose sniffle but that's it. Honestly I forgot how nice a shower felt, the relief is incredible.

Thanks for the assistance, goons. I'm sure people in here might chalk it up to a placebo effect and maybe that's true, but I strongly suspect that's not the case here. I'm just glad to have an answer.

BonerGhost
Mar 9, 2007

I bought the Dupray the other day too and have been working my way across the disgusting grout in the rental I live in.

It got here on Friday and I'm already on the 3rd nylon brush, and the floor is like half done. I don't think that's a brush issue, I think that's a grimy floor issue.

The cube is very cute, but the lack of onboard storage for tools is a little annoying and my bulging L5-L3 discs don't love that cute little short handle. Still, it's at least as good as any other non-commercial steam cleaner I've used and the price isn't bad.

Chaosfeather posted:

Re: Itchy, sneezing with water in the apt.

Did another test with my partner, this time tolerated the shower until it was actively itching and burning my skin, sneezing, took two water samples and the chlorine and chloramine levels were much higher (not quite double though) than the initial test. The scratch I got from the cat in particular hurt like a goddamn fire, to the point the peroxide after the shower to clean it was almost positively soothing.

We ordered a shower filter/shower head combo that targets chlorine and chloramine more, not complete elimination but to see if it helps at all.

Tonight's shower with the new filter, despite being hot in temperature, offered no rash, no burns, no sneezing, I waited until I normally start showing severe symptoms. I have a little bit of a nose sniffle but that's it. Honestly I forgot how nice a shower felt, the relief is incredible.

Thanks for the assistance, goons. I'm sure people in here might chalk it up to a placebo effect and maybe that's true, but I strongly suspect that's not the case here. I'm just glad to have an answer.

I was just wondering about you the other day, I'm so glad you found something that helped. Which filter did you end up with?

actionjackson
Jan 12, 2003

I'll try the baking soda today, not going to buy a whole steam cleaner for just a few pieces of quartz. yes i know you can use it for other stuff, but I'm finally upgrading to a really nice HEPA vacuum (shark vertex with duofins, recommended by vacuum wars). I have a small place, "wood" (laminate) floors, some wool rugs and tile. my old vacuum is terrible. most annoying thing is bagel seeds in the kitchen

actionjackson fucked around with this message at 17:47 on Oct 24, 2022

DaveSauce
Feb 15, 2004

Oh, how awkward.
Maybe I got a lovely steam cleaner (McCulloch MC1275), or maybe I used it wrong, but honestly I've got better results cleaning my shower with scrubbing bubbles and a dish scrub pad.

Or maybe I just expected too much from it? I guess it just seems like the time spent running the steam wand over the things I want to clean I could have done a better job with a scrubber.

Honestly the whole thing was very underwhelming. Glad we have it, in case we ever need it, but it's been used maybe twice in the 4 years we've had it.

BonerGhost
Mar 9, 2007

DaveSauce posted:

Maybe I got a lovely steam cleaner (McCulloch MC1275), or maybe I used it wrong, but honestly I've got better results cleaning my shower with scrubbing bubbles and a dish scrub pad.

Or maybe I just expected too much from it? I guess it just seems like the time spent running the steam wand over the things I want to clean I could have done a better job with a scrubber.

Honestly the whole thing was very underwhelming. Glad we have it, in case we ever need it, but it's been used maybe twice in the 4 years we've had it.

Steam is a good alternative on most surfaces for people who don't tolerate scented cleaning products or have allergies/chemical sensitivities. It won't necessarily get things cleaner than the heavier duty consumer-grade cleaners, but it allows you to get most things just as clean without them and generally with less scrubbing.

I don't think people who generally put a lot of manual scrubbing and/or real chemicals into cleaning will see much difference in the level of clean you get with a steam cleaner. I've got this stupid little Bissell wet vac/mop thing too, and it doesn't get the floors any cleaner than I would get with a rag mop and bucket of pine sol. However, I can't operate a mop and bucket anymore, just like I can't scrub the hell out of any surface in my house anymore, and I'm unwilling to tolerate the day-long sore throat and runny nose from using chemistry. So steam it is.

Sirotan
Oct 17, 2006

Sirotan is a seal.

Need some painting advice. I've got an old wooden front door that I sanded and repainted a couple years back. At that time after I got it back installed in the frame, the center panel (and only the center panel) had a bunch of bubbles develop. Yesterday while doing some other exterior painting tasks I finally had a chance to sand, patch, and repaint this area. Two coats of paint later and it was looking really good last night and this morning.

I just went out to grab the mail and god dammit , a bunch of the bubbles are back:

It is a warm day today and the sun is out. It was shining directly on the front door for a couple hours. This area is quite hot to the touch. Obviously I need to prep this section better before painting it again but how? Sand and leave it bare to bake in the heat for a day or so in case this is somehow moisture caught in the wood? Prime it first? I am using SW Duration Exterior, which is an acrylic paint.

Danhenge
Dec 16, 2005
A lot of those like like surface holes to me? Are you filling them before painting?

For sanding, just make sure it's smooth and even to whatever grit the instructions suggest. When you're done and use a tack cloth or compressed air to make sure you get the dust off.

Can't speak to how to paint because I'm a poo poo painter i just know like two things about surface prep.

actionjackson
Jan 12, 2003

Sirotan posted:

Need some painting advice. I've got an old wooden front door that I sanded and repainted a couple years back. At that time after I got it back installed in the frame, the center panel (and only the center panel) had a bunch of bubbles develop. Yesterday while doing some other exterior painting tasks I finally had a chance to sand, patch, and repaint this area. Two coats of paint later and it was looking really good last night and this morning.

I just went out to grab the mail and god dammit , a bunch of the bubbles are back:

It is a warm day today and the sun is out. It was shining directly on the front door for a couple hours. This area is quite hot to the touch. Obviously I need to prep this section better before painting it again but how? Sand and leave it bare to bake in the heat for a day or so in case this is somehow moisture caught in the wood? Prime it first? I am using SW Duration Exterior, which is an acrylic paint.

my friend i made a painting thread that doesn't get much use, you can also check there! there is one dude that is super knowledgeable that always seems to reply

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3972382&userid=0&perpage=40&pagenumber=5

Final Blog Entry
Jun 23, 2006

"Love us with money or we'll hate you with hammers!"

Sirotan posted:

I see bubbling front doors a lot when they get direct sun. It's much worse with dark colors from absorbing more heat so you've got that working in your favor with the white. It's most likely caused by solvent entrapment and offgassing. Basically the top of your paint dries really quickly but underneath it's still trying to dry but it can't offgass and you get bubbles. If the patch you used needed more cure time that could have something to do with it as well.

Sand out the bubbles to a sound smooth surface and repaint. Keep to a thin coat and if you need/want another coat give the first one overnight to dry. Paint when the door is out of direct sun and when it's not hot to the touch. You can create shade if possible with a tarp or sheet to avoid direct sun while it's drying or if your door opens in to the house just leave it open if you can to avoid the sun.

Sirotan
Oct 17, 2006

Sirotan is a seal.

Final Blog Entry posted:

I see bubbling front doors a lot when they get direct sun. It's much worse with dark colors from absorbing more heat so you've got that working in your favor with the white. It's most likely caused by solvent entrapment and offgassing. Basically the top of your paint dries really quickly but underneath it's still trying to dry but it can't offgass and you get bubbles. If the patch you used needed more cure time that could have something to do with it as well.

Sand out the bubbles to a sound smooth surface and repaint. Keep to a thin coat and if you need/want another coat give the first one overnight to dry. Paint when the door is out of direct sun and when it's not hot to the touch. You can create shade if possible with a tarp or sheet to avoid direct sun while it's drying or if your door opens in to the house just leave it open if you can to avoid the sun.

It's actually a dark blue :negative:

But thanks, that basically confirms my suspicions. I probably did not give it enough time to dry last night so I'll do another around of sanding and patching and give it a day or so before I put any paint back on.

Final Blog Entry
Jun 23, 2006

"Love us with money or we'll hate you with hammers!"

Sirotan posted:

It's actually a dark blue :negative:

Oh lol reflection or flash made it look light but yeah I see that now that I'm looking again. Yeah that doesn't help unfortunately.

Queen Victorian
Feb 21, 2018

DaveSauce posted:

Yeah, as was already stated, a huge benefit for me is that I can avoid scented cleaners.

In most cases, I find myself using the blast of steam while lightly agitating with the little brush head. The combo obliterates most instances of grime I've come across without requiring nearly as much elbow grease/agitation as regular scrubbing. A case where I've still needed significant agitation is lifting the ancient film of grime from the tub. But that poo poo is deeply set in thanks to 90 years of etching and has so far been impossible to fully remove with conventional cleaning methods and household chemicals. It's slow going and still there's scrubbing, but holy poo poo I'm actually seeing progress.

A huge caveat with my use case is that my bathroom in its current state is very difficult and annoying to clean. It has 4' tile wainscoting throughout, meaning lots of tile to clean that's not around the tub, and it's extremely old, with hand painted accent tiles that get wrecked by rough scrubbing, and many of the tiles have come loose and will fall out of the wall if you look at them funny. Similar deal with the floor - 1" hex tiles, many of which are loose. There's a hard-to-clean radiator that can harbor mold/mildew. There's two shower curtains and two shower liners to maintain, which are way more annoying to clean than a glass enclosure and I'm tired of wastefully replacing the liners every month or two.

With the steam cleaner, I can now thoroughly clean all the tile without (further) damaging the decorative tiles, dislodging loose tiles, or spending hours scrubbing and dealing with a wash bucket, I can clean the shower liners, I can steam-mop the floors without worrying too much about the loose hex tiles and actually get it clean, and I can more effectively clean the tub.

And one thing I realized it could do was remove errant grout and paint splats from ceramic tile/enamel. Future projects include cleaning the glazed tile hearths and trying to remove the coating of paint from one of the laundry sink basins (PO or someone definitely dumped paint down the sink).

Oh, and I can finally clean out the litter box in situ and no longer have to deal with dragging it out to the backyard, hosing it out (and probably getting hit with contaminated splash-back), and waiting for it to dry.

As for the MC1275, I can't speak to that model in particular, but maybe the issue is a combo of technique and expecting too much? And maybe it being a smaller/underpowered model? I came from the angle of wanting to avoid smelly chemicals that give me headaches and have so far been pleased because I can indeed clean and disinfect without having to use smelly chemicals. I keep finding new things I can do with it (remove paint splatter, deodorize upholstery, block crochet, etc) and am happy. One reviewer of the Dupray that I bought said that a lot his complaints/disappointments came from excessively high expectations about what was possible with steam as a cleaning agent he had going into using one.

Sirotan
Oct 17, 2006

Sirotan is a seal.

The door has been sanded, again, and looks like my problem is the wood filler failed and all the little weird bubbles were spots where there are holes in the veneer??? Can't imagine how that could happen on the center panel only. Door is 81yo and I guess has seen some poo poo.

Chaosfeather
Nov 4, 2008

BonerGhost posted:

I was just wondering about you the other day, I'm so glad you found something that helped. Which filter did you end up with?

We ended up going with Aquasana's shower filter. A bit pricey but It's doing a good job so I'm fine with the investment.

Raenir Salazar
Nov 5, 2010

College Slice
Is this the right thread to inquire if this is a good (enough) roombarobot vacuum?

I thought I was getting a good deal because I saw a 550$ coupon to reduce the price to like 150$ (Canadian) but then I learned that doesn't mean I actually got a 700$ value roomba, so deceptively I maybe at best only got a 150$ value roomba.

But it seemed to be recommended highly at this random website.

I got it before I could try cancelling the order, so I'm going to go ahead and give it a try and see if it works; if it does then who cares is what I'm thinking.

Thoughts?

devicenull
May 30, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Raenir Salazar posted:

Is this the right thread to inquire if this is a good (enough) roombarobot vacuum?

I thought I was getting a good deal because I saw a 550$ coupon to reduce the price to like 150$ (Canadian) but then I learned that doesn't mean I actually got a 700$ value roomba, so deceptively I maybe at best only got a 150$ value roomba.

But it seemed to be recommended highly at this random website.

I got it before I could try cancelling the order, so I'm going to go ahead and give it a try and see if it works; if it does then who cares is what I'm thinking.

Thoughts?

I'd be concerned by combining mopping and vacuuming you're getting the worst of both worlds. I disassembled one of the Eufy robot vacs, and there's not a lot of empty space in there. I can't imagine being able to cram a fresh + dirty water tank in there is going to be easy.

If you don't need mopping I'd suggest one of the Eufy ones to start with, looks like they're about $200 right now.

I would not trust that "review" website worth poo poo. Everything about it screams affiliate scam

Inner Light
Jan 2, 2020

Sirotan posted:

The door has been sanded, again, and looks like my problem is the wood filler failed and all the little weird bubbles were spots where there are holes in the veneer??? Can't imagine how that could happen on the center panel only. Door is 81yo and I guess has seen some poo poo.

That's some wacky veneer. Veneer always is thin and wears strange but maybe extra thin (or thicc?) 81 years ago.

xsf421
Feb 17, 2011

devicenull posted:

I'd be concerned by combining mopping and vacuuming you're getting the worst of both worlds. I disassembled one of the Eufy robot vacs, and there's not a lot of empty space in there. I can't imagine being able to cram a fresh + dirty water tank in there is going to be easy.

If you don't need mopping I'd suggest one of the Eufy ones to start with, looks like they're about $200 right now.

I would not trust that "review" website worth poo poo. Everything about it screams affiliate scam

It honestly looks like an exact copy of my eufy, minus the lidar sensor. There’s a small water reservoir in the dirt compartment, it’s pretty worthless for mopping.

Raenir Salazar
Nov 5, 2010

College Slice

devicenull posted:

Yeah I should've researched it more but I saw a deal that looked too good to be true and: :f5:

c355n4
Jan 3, 2007

Going to be drywalling a 4'6" x 6' room. Any tips/tricks? I'm most worried about doing the ceiling. Would I be ok with just getting that general purpose premix? I already have the following or will be getting:

- Drywall screw setter
- Assorted lengths of metal drywall knives
- Tape (Was looking at using FibaFuse with gloves)
- Utility knife
- Jab knife

c355n4 fucked around with this message at 16:42 on Oct 25, 2022

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

actionjackson
Jan 12, 2003

Sirotan posted:

i like the blue sirotan, what color is it exactly? looks like it has some gray in it

*posts disclaimer about colors on monitors never looking accurate*