Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

The series is now available on....Disney+ in Japan

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jerry Manderbilt
May 31, 2012

No matter how much paperwork I process, it never goes away. It only increases.
also the entire school saw him propose and if he's a teenager trying to overcompensate for it, well

Supremezero
Apr 28, 2013

hay gurl

skaianDestiny posted:

So notably, Suletta's answers for 5 and 6 focus on workers and workplace safety, yet the corporate-backed school curriculum marks those answers as incorrect.

6 is, but uh, Factory personnel probably don't create the processes, they run them. Unless the designers are also factory personnel. Like it could just be bad english, but as is she (probably) is wrong.

Supremezero fucked around with this message at 19:45 on Oct 23, 2022

Aug 26, 2006

The Magic Number

College Slice
Someone hasn’t read up on the labor theory of value.

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice

Detheros
Apr 11, 2010

I want to die.

Buy the dip! :v:

Yawgmoft
Nov 15, 2004
A Gundam series two years after multiple countries had large scale protests where "less than lethal force" left people blind, crippled, or dead, where the gas canister completely shatters the street.

But what could it mean?!

Pootybutt
Apr 5, 2011

Chuchu's got good form.

Feelin more like Planetes Gundam this week than Utena. We're already p firmly beyond that territory.

Ammat The Ankh
Sep 7, 2010

Now, attempt to defeat me!
And I shall become a living legend!
drat, there's getting rejected and there's the girl running to her mecha and blasting the gently caress off

Good ep this week. Now that the initial arc is wrapped up, we get a satisfying amount of character development and world building.

One thing that stood out to me: Miomio's room is a mess, girl needs to pick up after herself.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018
Women are wonderful animals, they should be making music and writing novels about having a complex relationship with your mother.
https://twitter.com/ippeigyoubu/status/1584105779652485120?s=46&t=QypA9vWKxR7TrFmzpS58Ug

Doodles
Apr 14, 2001

:bravo:

Cripes, "Chuchu fever" might actually become thing at this rate. And then we get to hear about the fatalities at anime cons when people cosplay her without putting turn signals on that hairstyle.

wielder
Feb 16, 2008

"You had best not do that, Avatar!"

Pootybutt posted:

Feelin more like Planetes Gundam this week than Utena. We're already p firmly beyond that territory.

The Planetes anime did have some Gundam-like vibes*, despite the radically different context. At certain points, you could even call it an unintended prequel to the Universal Century.

*(I was about to say..."except for the very silly parts", but then I remembered that ZZ is still canon to UC).

That said, I think the Utena parallels are still going strong on the interpersonal front right now.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Ammat The Ankh posted:

One thing that stood out to me: Miomio's room is a mess, girl needs to pick up after herself.
shes a rich gamer, it tracks.

Scallop Eyes
Oct 16, 2021
I was expecting Sulleta to just clear the test even blind, but seeing her ugly cry (really good work by the VA ) shows her personality. She's never been to school before,she never had to deal with people like this.

Also lol at Miorine saying "He's just after me" and Elan going" I don't care about you at all" without missing a beat

SgtSteel91
Oct 21, 2010

I also liked it wasn’t the sabotage itself, but the culmination of being the center of attention as The Holder who came from a backwater mining colony, and the things that came from it like duels and the bullying are what caused Suletta to break down and cry

chiasaur11
Oct 22, 2012

wielder posted:

The Planetes anime did have some Gundam-like vibes*, despite the radically different context. At certain points, you could even call it an unintended prequel to the Universal Century.

*(I was about to say..."except for the very silly parts", but then I remembered that ZZ is still canon to UC).

That said, I think the Utena parallels are still going strong on the interpersonal front right now.

I'll say it's Planetes when someone foils a major terrorist plot just to get a loving smoke break and not a second before.

Aug 26, 2006

The Magic Number

College Slice
Planetes vibes should be a given since it’s the same writer at the helm. I’m fine with this since Planetes is one of the all-time greats and I hope the hints we’ve been seeing in g-witch lead to the same kind of extremely biting anti-capitalist themes being presented.

Hellioning
Jun 27, 2008

Chu Chu is my friend and should punch more spacians in the face. Except Suletta and MioMio, they need hugs and better parents.

I once again also love Suletta's crush on, and Miorine's jealousy for, a guy who not only doesn't seem to be romantically interested in her but also never seems to express any actual emotion at all. It's really funny to watch him completely no-sell any of Suletta's blushy stuttering or Miorine's assumptions of his motives.

I also eagerly await everyone realizing Guel is being tsundere.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
I realized that the moment he came up to insult the raccoon dog lady.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
The English Site finally put up the glossary
https://en.gundam.info/about-gundam/series-pages/witch/words/

Also profiles for the Earth House students

Martin Upmont posted:

A third-year student in the management strategy department, and the leader of Earth House. Martin is an indecisive and somewhat unreliable leader, who has difficulty handling the strong personalities of his House members.

Ojelo Gabel posted:

A second-year student in the mechanical department, who belongs to Earth House. Ojelo is cheerful and encouraging. He is also a gambler who sinks his living allowance into betting on duels.

Nuno Kargan posted:

A second-year student in the mechanical department, who belongs to Earth House. Nuno is a geek with a solid knowledge of software. He and Ojelo are partners in crime.

Till Nys posted:

A third-year student in the mechanical department, who belongs to Earth House. Till is calm and taciturn, an unsung hero who supports the other members of his House.

Lilique Kadoka Lipati posted:

A first-year student in the management strategy department, who belongs to Earth House. Lilique has a cheerful and easygoing personality. She loves to gossip about school romances, and is popular with the male students.

Aliya Mahvash posted:

A third-year student in the mechanical department, who belongs to Earth House. Aliya is an intuitive type who likes to take her time. She loves the divination skills and livestock (yaks, goats, and chickens) that she has inherited from her hometown.

Chuchu is notably the only piloting course student from Earth House.

MonsterEnvy fucked around with this message at 19:52 on Oct 26, 2022

Buschmaki
Dec 26, 2012

‿︵‿︵‿︵‿Lean Addict︵‿︵‿︵‿
I'm glad all the bishis are bad guys, or at least antagonists

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

https://twitter.com/RaihanH98/status/1584179150914727937

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Man, some real good Gundam names here. I mean, come on...Martin.

Ethiser
Dec 31, 2011

Kind of a bummer that Till didn't get to help out after being the only one to volunteer. You tried buddy!

Plastic_Gargoyle
Aug 3, 2007

MonsterEnvy posted:

Oh the MS's used by the riot police were all customized for earth.

Well that just screams P-Bandai only, doesn't it.

It's a bit weird that they've seemingly dropped the "all the mobile suit names are Japanese onomotopoeia" thing...but are still doing weird nonsense names for human characters.

Technowolf
Nov 4, 2009

Spacian capitalism kills

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.

Hellioning posted:

Chu Chu is my friend and should punch more spacians in the face. Except Suletta and MioMio, they need hugs and better parents.

I once again also love Suletta's crush on, and Miorine's jealousy for, a guy who not only doesn't seem to be romantically interested in her but also never seems to express any actual emotion at all. It's really funny to watch him completely no-sell any of Suletta's blushy stuttering or Miorine's assumptions of his motives.

I also eagerly await everyone realizing Guel is being tsundere.

Nothing indicates crush, she just wants friends.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

doesnt she call him handsome/good-looking in this ep?

the show's pretty blatantly going for a messy love hexagon thing

Technowolf
Nov 4, 2009

https://twitter.com/uzukinokaze/status/1584223329530978305?s=20

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Plastic_Gargoyle posted:

Well that just screams P-Bandai only, doesn't it.

It's a bit weird that they've seemingly dropped the "all the mobile suit names are Japanese onomotopoeia" thing...but are still doing weird nonsense names for human characters.

Other than Zaku which has a bit of meaning, I don’t think any other Mobile Suits were named after anything. Tomino himself he just made them silly nonsense to check if the show runners where paying attention.

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

https://twitter.com/raihanh98/status/1584179150914727937?s=46&t=U8Zek087ORSwDhU_Idy_iQ

This is funny until you realize she’d probably hate Domon for being a spacian

chiasaur11
Oct 22, 2012

Nodosaur posted:

https://twitter.com/raihanh98/status/1584179150914727937?s=46&t=U8Zek087ORSwDhU_Idy_iQ

This is funny until you realize she’d probably hate Domon for being a spacian

Domon spent most of his life on Earth, though.

Would she hate him more for being born in space, but loving the Earth and growing up there, or hate Kamille more for being born on Earth but abandoning it for an upper class life in Space?

(Either way, Chibodee is a good pick for a trainer. New York born and raised, and he spends a lot of time back in his hometown to inspire the people of THE GREATEST NATION ON EARTH to achieve their dream. THE AMERICAN DREAM!)

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

chuchu would think that master asia was right

Justin_Brett
Oct 23, 2012

GAMERDOME put down LOSER
She'd just be that one guy from the first episode of G Gundam at first.

chiasaur11
Oct 22, 2012

Justin_Brett posted:

She'd just be that one guy from the first episode of G Gundam at first.

So, you're saying Chuchu is a cop.

Hellioning
Jun 27, 2008

MonsieurChoc posted:

Nothing indicates crush, she just wants friends.

She also wants to go on dates, remember.

Potsticker
Jan 14, 2006

Episode 4 was really good. I'm glad they're showing how the school operates and what's "normal" to the students. That it's not just focusing solely on the duels. I too thought the makeup test was going to go very different after the girls pranked the cockpit with Suletta and Miomio overcoming the problem, but I'm glad to see our protagonist isn't a superhuman piloting prodigy and is facing real challenges for her. Also everything with Chuchu is gold. The ending where she tells Suletta that she has to call her senpai and then Suletta being completely okay with it throwing Chuchu off was fantastic.

kirtar
Sep 11, 2011

Strum in a harmonizing quartet
I want to cause a revolution

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild
I see that MioMio wanting to escape to Earth buys her no points with the Earthians (or at least Chuchu)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Traveller
Jan 6, 2012

WHIM AND FOPPERY

That cut from the girl accidentally punching Suletta, realizing her huge fuckup only to see pink murder coming her way owned :allears: