Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Wanna talk more Gundam? Check the General Gundam Thread!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XLDVIwtBFx4

Prologue episode streaming on GundamINFO
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5YGW2JRxWUU

The first new mainline Gundam TV series in 7 years is upon us!

New episodes each Sunday starting 10/2, simulcast on Crunchyroll (and maybe GundamINFO on Youtube)

quote:

A.S. (Ad Stella) 122―

An era when a multitude of corporations have entered space and built a huge economic system.
A lone girl from the remote planet Mercury transfers to the Asticassia School of Technology,
run by the Beneritt Group which dominates the mobile suit industry.

Her name is Suletta Mercury.
With a scarlet light burning in her pure heart,
this girl walks step by step through a new world.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bBjzNiGSC3A

Staff

Planning and Production: Sunrise (Bandai Namco Filmworks)
Director: Hiroshi Kobayashi
Series Composition and Script: Ichiro Ohkuchi
Original Character Design: Mogumo
Character Design: Marie Tagashira, Juri Toida, Hirotoshi Takaya
Mechanical Design: JNTHED, Kanetake Ebikawa, Wataru Inata, Ippei Gyobu, Kenji Teraoka, Takayuki Yanase
Music: Takashi Ohmama
Opening Theme: "The Blessing" - YOASOBI

Characters:

Suletta Mercury (Kana Ichinose)
Mobile Suit: Gundam Aerial
A second-year student in the piloting department, who transferred to the school from Mercury. Suletta is timid and somewhat lacks communication skills. She is the pilot of the Gundam Aerial developed on Mercury.

Miorine Rembran (Lynn)
Mobile Suit: N/A
An attractive and academically distinguished second-year student in the management strategy department. Miorine is the only daughter of Delling Rembran, the president of the Beneritt Group and chairman of the school's board. She has a strong rebellious feeling towards her father.

Guel Jeturk (Yohei Azakami)
Mobile Suit: Guel's Dilanza
An heir to Jeturk Heavy Machinery, one of the group's three branches, and a third-year student in the piloting department. Guel has a rough temperament and is quick to anger. As the ace pilot of Jeturk House, he has absolute confidence in his own skills.

Elan Ceres (Natsuki Hanase)
Mobile Suit: Gundam Pharact
The top pilot backed by Peil Technologies, one of the group's three branches. A third-year student in the piloting department. Elan is a taciturn and solitary person, who doesn't open his heart to anyone in school. He has an interest in Suletta.

Shaddiq Zenelli (Makoto Furukawa)
Mobile Suit: Michaelis
An adopted child of the CEO of Grassley Defense Systems, one of the group’s three branches. A third-year student in the piloting department who leads Grassley House. Shaddiq is a smooth-talking ladies' man with a carefree manner. Although still a student, Shaddiq has shown his skill in business too, he is a candidate for next generation executive.

Chuatury Panlunch (Miyu Tomita)
Mobile Suit: Chuchu's Demi Trainer
A first-year student in the piloting department, who belongs to Earth House. She is nicknamed "Chuchu." She hates the Spacians who discriminate against Earthians, and often gets into fights. Chuchu pilots a unique restored older-generation Demi Trainer.

Nika Nanaura (Yume Miyamoto)
Mobile Suit: N/A
A second-year student in the mechanical department, who belongs to Earth House. She loves mecha, and is very curious about Suletta's Gundam Aerial. Nika has outstanding maintenance skills, and is proud of herself for customizing Chuchu's Demi Trainer.

Waffleman_ fucked around with this message at 14:32 on Apr 9, 2023

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

Witch Gundam is witch

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

Strum in a harmonizing quartet
I want to cause a revolution

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild
Just in time for the seasonal thread :toot:

Maybe this will be one of the few gundams i can get into...

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

Reposting this for the new thread

https://twitter.com/lowproteinhighf/status/1566385853580312577

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

If we don't get a Gundam with a big witch hat than I'll be very upset

Hogama
Sep 3, 2011
Watch her Turn A Gundam into a newt.

Fluffdaddy
Jan 3, 2009

That gundam has 90's Marvel comic lady dimensions

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Yeah, a lot of the IBO suits had the cinched waist thing going on too.

Hunter Noventa
Apr 21, 2010

I am absolutely here to get in on the ground floor.

I just hope its on GundamInfo in addition to CrunchyRoll.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

ASK ME ABOUT MY
UNITED STATES MARINES
FUNKO POPS COLLECTION

the anti-racist girl with massive hair who pilots a retro suit making a strong early bid for best character

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Her name is Panlunch.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Waffleman_ posted:

Her name is Panlunch.

Mouse Breadlunch.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Waffleman_ posted:

The Dilanza seems pretty thick however.

A fun fact a different mecha artist does the Mobile Suit designs for each faction in this show, rather then the normal same designer for all suits in the show. Edit: that was wrong.

quote:

Each Corporation's Mobile Suits have a different real-world designer:
Ochs Earth Corporation Mobile Suits are designed by JNTHED.
Jeturk Heavy Machinery Mobile Suits are designed by Ippei Gyoubu.
Grassley Defense Systems Mobile Suits are designed by Kanetake Ebikawa.
Peil Technologies Mobile Suits are designed by Wataru Inata.

MonsterEnvy fucked around with this message at 04:39 on Sep 27, 2022

Potsticker
Jan 14, 2006

Get 'em!

chiasaur11
Oct 22, 2012

Waffleman_ posted:

There it was more of a unified design language, thanks to the massive reactors. Every suit was armor over a standard frame, with less armor at the waist to improve mobility. Here, it seems to be explicitly to emphasize the, well, feminine design language of the main Gundam, with other designs not sharing the trait. (Barbatos, by contrast, was designed as a hot-headed young samurai).

Technically, this is my fourth time on the ground floor, but two of those were Build, so they hardly count. For Iron Blooded Orphans, my Gundam experience was Turn A, War in the Pocket, a little G, and the Origin manga, so my expectations were... rather high. Made the show living up to them pretty exciting.

Now, though, I've gotten hardened and cynical thanks to SEED, AGE, 00, G-Reco, Hunter of Black Clothes, IGLOO... look. There's a lot of Gundam that's rough going in one way or another. Good, bad, or indifferent, this'll be part of that legacy.

I'm hoping for good, but hey. I finished Kyoukai Senki. Even if it's terrible, I'm here for the ride.

MonsterEnvy posted:

The Dilanza seems pretty thick however.

A fun fact a different mecha artist does the Mobile Suit designs for each faction in this show, rather then the normal same designer for all suits in the show.

That's not actually the standard for Gundam. Just for IBO, you had three different mech designers. Naohiro Washio handled Barbatos, Bael, and Guision for the "protagonist" Gundams, while Kanetake Ebikawa worked on the Graze line (and Flauros), leaving Ippei Gyoubu to take up design duties for the rest, including Gaelio's Gundams.

Monaghan
Dec 29, 2006

The animation for this show is drop dead gorgeous judging by the trailer and the prologue.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

https://twitter.com/fukodupendel/status/1537812776181444608?s=20&t=zDC1hw_EMNRFF0aVSsk5-w

I adore her and she's gonna kill so many people.

Buschmaki
Dec 26, 2012

‿︵‿︵‿︵‿Lean Addict︵‿︵‿︵‿
This show is gonna frickin pwn

Tulalip Tulips
Sep 1, 2013

The best apologies are crafted with love.
I hope it's on Gundaminfo but I'll finally shell out for Crunchyroll just to watch it otherwise. A friend of mine is down and she usually isn't into Gundam because "there's too many dicks on the dancefloor" for her but this looks up her alley. It'll be the first time I have a currently airing anime buddy in a long time.

chiasaur11
Oct 22, 2012

Tulalip Tulips posted:

I hope it's on Gundaminfo but I'll finally shell out for Crunchyroll just to watch it otherwise. A friend of mine is down and she usually isn't into Gundam because "there's too many dicks on the dancefloor" for her but this looks up her alley. It'll be the first time I have a currently airing anime buddy in a long time.

It's going to be up on Gundam Info, so no worries there.

Dangerous Person
Apr 4, 2011

Not dead yet
Prologue was dope, show looks like it's gonna be dope

Potsticker
Jan 14, 2006

chiasaur11 posted:

It's going to be up on Gundam Info, so no worries there.

Good to hear.

GodFish
Oct 10, 2012

We're your first, last, and only line of defense. We live in secret. We exist in shadow.

And we dress in black.
Excited to see fresh and new war crimes.

Warmachine
Jan 30, 2012

Hogama posted:

Watch her Turn A Gundam into a newt.

Page 1 and we already have a candidate for a title change.

The Witch From Mercury: Turn A Gundam Into A Newt

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

GodFish posted:

Excited to see fresh and new war crimes.

Considering the amount of war crimes in the prologue alone, I have no fear we'll get lots and lots of war crimes.

tsob
Sep 26, 2006

Chalalala~

chiasaur11 posted:

That's not actually the standard for Gundam. Just for IBO, you had three different mech designers. Naohiro Washio handled Barbatos, Bael, and Guision for the "protagonist" Gundams, while Kanetake Ebikawa worked on the Graze line (and Flauros), leaving Ippei Gyoubu to take up design duties for the rest, including Gaelio's Gundams.

Didn't 00 have different designers for each of the factions too? Kanetaki Ebikawa designed Setsuna's units (i.e. the lead units), Takayuki Yanase designed the rest of the Celestial Being's units (i.e. all of HAllelujah, Lockon & Tieria's units), Naohiro Washio designed the Team Trinity units, Hitoshi Fukuchi designed the AEU and Union units (since both had a lot of similarities due to stealing tech/designs from each other) and Kenji Teraoka desiged the HRL units. I think Gundam AGE had a similar thing too so far as I can see on a quick look at the Wikia, with Ebikawa doing the Federation units (including the Gundams) and Junya Ishigaki doing the Vagan suits. I'm not sure if SEED/Destiny had a similar break down along faction lines. I know Mead only did a couple of units in Turn A, though I can't remember who did the rest off-hand either. I imagine the same must be true stretching back a ways though, and I'm pretty sure Katoki did the Oz units for Wing TV, while Okawara did the Gundams.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

https://twitter.com/YOASOBI_staff/status/1574760001415290881?s=20&t=yg6Nc4yhep4E7ncBMOnkWg

The full OP single is coming out the day before the show premieres.

wdarkk
Oct 26, 2007

Friends: Protected
World: Saved
Crablettes: Eaten
Could have sworn we agreed on “killing at a twelfth grade level” for the title. Although the newt one might be better.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I almost did but I figured something more general would get people in better.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
So do we have any idea of how conflict among the school houses will work. Like there is clearly going to be Mobile Suit fighting, but I don’t think it would have Test Pilots killing each other.

tsob
Sep 26, 2006

Chalalala~
Mobile suit Quidditch games. Including the brooms. Mobile suit sized brooms.

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

MonsterEnvy posted:

So do we have any idea of how conflict among the school houses will work. Like there is clearly going to be Mobile Suit fighting, but I don’t think it would have Test Pilots killing each other.

The first part will have them be part of the school with part of their curriculum being sent to fight other forces, with some degree of clashing between the three important houses, then everything will go to hell after one of the leaders of the houses proves themselves to actually have big schemes for the world and betrays the school, leading to a timeskip where all-out war has broken out.

Mobile Suit Gundam: Three Houses.

chiasaur11
Oct 22, 2012

MonsterEnvy posted:

Hey, works for the Raven's Nest.

Caros
May 14, 2008

tsob posted:

Mobile suit Quidditch games. Including the brooms. Mobile suit sized brooms.

Mobile brooms.

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

Has Not Actually Done Cocaine

Blaze Dragon posted:

Considering the amount of war crimes in the prologue alone, I have no fear we'll get lots and lots of war crimes.

Hopefully they won't be gross about it like in say SEED

Justin_Brett
Oct 23, 2012

GAMERDOME put down LOSER
Everybody forgets Trails of Cold Steel when it comes to civil war JRPGs, very sad.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Justin_Brett posted:

Everybody forgets Trails of Cold Steel when it comes to civil war JRPGs, very sad.

Is it civil war when it’s companies?

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
Oh found translations for the various character quotes in the second trailer.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bBjzNiGSC3A

Suletta: “So this is it, the School. Mom, I’m finally here.” “Mom once said Run away and your hands are tied, move forward and there is always another option in your grasp.” “Me and Aerial won’t lose!”

Miorine: “Don’t you go deciding the lives of others!”

Guel: “No matter who or what company, I’m gonna have it all!"

Elan: “GUND-ARM…Gundam…”

Shaddiq: “If it’s a mobile suit of the witch, then we can’t really leave it alone.”

Nika: “Mercury has these kind of mobile suits...”

Chuchu: “Aren’t Spacians the ones who push around the Earthians here?”

Ethiser
Dec 31, 2011

I’m really curious to see how Gundam tech went from forbidden technology to be locked away to just something multiple factions are cool with in a little over a decade.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kanos
Sep 6, 2006

was there a time when speedwagon didn't get trolled
The answer will probably be :capitalism:.