Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

RPATDO_LAMD
Mar 22, 2013

🐘🪠🍆

Leon Sumbitches posted:

Using "cel" vocabulary, how would you describe the 30+ years where he was not in sexual or romantic relationships? I know his story and have nothing but respect for the man, but he was celebate and it was either voluntary or involuntary.

lonely? single?
incel in the modern lexicon has connotations far beyond just "wants to get laid and is a virgin"

incel forums aren't just about "involuntary celibacy" any more than "human biodiversity" forums are just about an honest scientific interest in genetic variation. names lie

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Large Testicles
Jun 1, 2020

[ASK] ME ABOUT MY LOVE FOR 1'S

Leon Sumbitches posted:

Using "cel" vocabulary, how would you describe the 30+ years where he was not in sexual or romantic relationships? I know his story and have nothing but respect for the man, but he was celebate and it was either voluntary or involuntary.

i didn't have sex for like 5 years due to not really trying but i wouldn't have ever really called myself celibate, cause that's sad

Agents are GO!
Dec 29, 2004

Leon Sumbitches posted:

Actually, during those 3 decades he was cel shaded, nobody wanted his cartoon dick.

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

It's okay if you have any questions.

https://twitter.com/fireh9lly/status/1584184622308814848

https://twitter.com/CSMFHT/status/1584064134353940480

Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

from hell's heart I cast at thee
🧙🐀🧹🌙🪄🐸

Leon Sumbitches posted:

Using "cel" vocabulary,
Why

Bogus Adventure
Jan 11, 2017

More like "Bulges Adventure"

Frank Frank posted:

Crazy Sean Pennergy going on here

Leon Sumbitches
Mar 27, 2010

Dr. Leon Adoso Sumbitches (prounounced soom-'beh-cheh) (born January 21, 1935) is heir to the legendary Adoso family oil fortune.

I was responding to this tweet from Inceltown

the post/username synergy was strong so I ran with it.

It seems to have rubbed people the wrong way, my bad.

Leon Sumbitches has a new favorite as of 00:15 on Oct 24, 2022

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

Large Testicles posted:

i didn't have sex for like 5 years due to not really trying but i wouldn't have ever really called myself celibate, cause that's sad

I'm not celibate I'm just a temporarily embarrassed sex god.

Frank Frank
Jun 13, 2001

Mirrored

Dareon
Apr 6, 2009

by vyelkin

RPATDO_LAMD posted:

lonely? single?
incel in the modern lexicon has connotations far beyond just "wants to get laid and is a virgin"

incel forums aren't just about "involuntary celibacy" any more than "human biodiversity" forums are just about an honest scientific interest in genetic variation. names lie

:ohdear: My brain just spiralled a bit thinking of how bad a topic you can talk about under the umbrella of "human biodiversity." Positively, I'm picturing someone going "I love banging foreigners. Black folks, Asian folks, Mexican folks, even the darker kinds of Canadians, I collect them like Pokemon."

Mostly though, I realize it's got to be about "We're, ah, discussing the negative impacts, of, ah, human biodiversity, which is why my daughter is not allowed to date anyone who rates 3 or higher on the Munsell Color Standard for Frozen French Fried Potatoes."

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

https://twitter.com/peymamas/status/1583925078923673600

Bogus Adventure
Jan 11, 2017

I guess some of BYU's coeds felt the Mormon Soak was a bit too close to crossing the line...

Bogus Adventure
Jan 11, 2017

Or, comedy option, someone borrowed a personal groomer without asking their roomie what they used it for...

Morpheus
Apr 18, 2008

My favourite little monsters
Serious question, do crabs not spread via, for example, scratching the affected area, shaking hands, then them scratching their own pits?

Mind you how that would lead to an outbreak is beyond me

Biplane
Jul 18, 2005

Morpheus posted:

Serious question, do crabs not spread via, for example, scratching the affected area, shaking hands, then them scratching their own pits?

Mind you how that would lead to an outbreak is beyond me

They're loving the armpits.

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

Biplane posted:

They're loving the armpits.

Do we know that for sure? Maybe the women are armpit scissoring.

Mister Speaker
May 8, 2007

WE WILL CONTROL
ALL THAT YOU SEE
AND HEAR

Dareon posted:

:ohdear: My brain just spiralled a bit thinking of how bad a topic you can talk about under the umbrella of "human biodiversity." Positively, I'm picturing someone going "I love banging foreigners. Black folks, Asian folks, Mexican folks, even the darker kinds of Canadians, I collect them like Pokemon."

This reminds me of Drew Barrymore's character in Confessions of a Dangerous Mind, who talks a lot about all the different races of people she's slept with, and pronounces 'ashkenazi' like 'nazi'.

Blackula Vs. Tarantula
Jul 6, 2005

😤I am NOT Captain_Redbeard🧔

Dareon posted:

Mostly though, I realize it's got to be about "We're, ah, discussing the negative impacts, of, ah, human biodiversity, which is why my daughter is not allowed to date anyone who rates 3 or higher on the Munsell Color Standard for Frozen French Fried Potatoes."

Haha, nope! They love human biodiversity, which is why they are anti-miscegenation! You see, currently there's people of all different races. But if those races interbreed, then they dilute that diversity. So they believe people should only associate within there own race, but it's not because they are racist, they just don't want the races to lose what is unique and special about them by blending. It's closely tied with ethno-nationalism, because once you have this idea, it's clear that nations make the perfect borders for these races. So every country should kick out everyone who doesn't belong to their dominant race, Germans stay in Germany, Jews stay in Israel, etc. This idea never extends to white people leaving America to Native Americans, because it is actually an elaborate deflection from their obvious racism.

The whole point is to give plausible deniability to the racist things they do and say, so nothing about it can be negative. They love Black people! And how black they are! And they love Africa! So black people shouldn't associate with white people, because it would make them less black, and they should go back to Africa, not because they are racist but because the slave trade was a terrible evil that separated people from their homelands and should be reversed. In fact you are the real racist for disagreeing.

To be clear none of this is anything I believe I am just explaining the racism, which I hate.

Blackula Vs. Tarantula has a new favorite as of 01:38 on Oct 24, 2022

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

If this was a tweet I'd like it.

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

Leon Sumbitches posted:

dw dude, I at least figured that was the username post combo you were talking about. That could be my paranoia or narcissism coming to the fore but end result is that at least one person got what you were saying.

The Saddest Rhino
Apr 29, 2009

Put it all together.
Solve the world.
One conversation at a time.

Someone did a longer version of the "I like waffles no it does not mean I hate toast" tweet which is more rambling, but lol at someone responding to "I don't want to have children" with "you are an eco fascist"

https://twitter.com/shaTIRED/status/1442813004794433538?t=drz7KAljS8WJrDnFmL7tGg&s=19

Nottherealaborn
Nov 12, 2012

This was one of the replies

https://twitter.com/natecorbitt/status/1583999544341430272?s=42&t=tQv9XxrpvgkWbfhg51Pwag

Also, this is the first thing I thought of after reading that:

Your Gay Uncle
Feb 16, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
https://twitter.com/StrangestMedia/status/1584287480337289216

Dareon
Apr 6, 2009

by vyelkin

Blackula Vs. Tarantula posted:

Haha, nope! They love human biodiversity, which is why they are anti-miscegenation! You see, currently there's people of all different races. But if those races interbreed, then they dilute that diversity. So they believe people should only associate within there own race, but it's not because they are racist, they just don't want the races to lose what is unique and special about them by blending. It's closely tied with ethno-nationalism, because once you have this idea, it's clear that nations make the perfect borders for these races. So every country should kick out everyone who doesn't belong to their dominant race, Germans stay in Germany, Jews stay in Israel, etc. This idea never extends to white people leaving America to Native Americans, because it is actually an elaborate deflection from their obvious racism.

The whole point is to give plausible deniability to the racist things they do and say, so nothing about it can be negative. They love Black people! And how black they are! And they love Africa! So black people shouldn't associate with white people, because it would make them less black, and they should go back to Africa, not because they are racist but because the slave trade was a terrible evil that separated people from their homelands and should be reversed. In fact you are the real racist for disagreeing.

To be clear none of this is anything I believe I am just explaining the racism, which I hate.

:sigh: Why is this poo poo always stupider than my wildest imaginings?

RPATDO_LAMD
Mar 22, 2013

🐘🪠🍆
Blackula is clearly reading different HBD blogs than me because the ones I know of are just thinly veiled scientific racism from internet "rationalist" / "dark enlightenment" peeps and never said anything about loving black people.
Yknow "im not racist, it's just simple phrenology genetics that those people are lower IQ".

There was a big thing where prominent rationalist blogger Scott Alexander aka Scott Siskind aka Slatestarcodex was secretly big into scientific racism / HBD and friends with lots of alt-right racists behind the scenes. After the New York Times ran an article about him, an ex-acquaintance leaked an email chain leaked where he talked about being a scientific-racism true believer but trying to go light on that stuff stuff so he could slowly expose his audience to it and radicalize his readers without scaring them off.

and since this is pyf tweets have it in tweet form (the tweet thread has since been deleted):

Bar Ran Dun
Jan 22, 2006

Dareon posted:

:sigh: Why is this poo poo always stupider than my wildest imaginings?

It’s an essential characteristic of Revolutionary Romanticism, of which fascism is a type, to be incoherent.

Blackula Vs. Tarantula
Jul 6, 2005

😤I am NOT Captain_Redbeard🧔

RPATDO_LAMD posted:

Blackula is clearly reading different HBD blogs than me because the ones I know of are just thinly veiled scientific racism from internet "rationalist" / "dark enlightenment" peeps and never said anything about loving black people.
Yknow "im not racist, it's just simple phrenology genetics that those people are lower IQ".

There was a big thing where prominent rationalist blogger Scott Alexander aka Scott Siskind aka Slatestarcodex was secretly big into scientific racism / HBD and friends with lots of alt-right racists behind the scenes. After the New York Times ran an article about him, an ex-acquaintance leaked an email chain leaked where he talked about being a scientific-racism true believer but trying to go light on that stuff stuff so he could slowly expose his audience to it and radicalize his readers without scaring them off.

and since this is pyf tweets have it in tweet form (the tweet thread has since been deleted):

I've probably specifically seen the stupidest expressions of this movement because my exposure to it is almost entirely people making fun of them.

To be clear, no one believes them about not hating other races, not even themselves, it's just an exercise in plausible deniability.

codo27
Apr 21, 2008

https://twitter.com/StrangestMedia/status/1584161486477271040?s=20&t=uBsYJh6XK8xPKnaomXRXYg

Yngwie Mangosteen
Aug 23, 2007
https://twitter.com/interneth0f/status/1584348149493424130?s=46&t=Km-2kaTb3yrvI1vRspJOfw

https://twitter.com/bertovo/status/1584228586017665024?s=46&t=Km-2kaTb3yrvI1vRspJOfw

Yngwie Mangosteen has a new favorite as of 12:55 on Oct 24, 2022

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

https://twitter.com/horror4kids/status/1584531625463119872

AlbieQuirky
Oct 9, 2012

Just me and my 🌊dragon🐉 hanging out

Leon Sumbitches posted:

If you have to use a “cel” (why?) I guess it would be “volcel”. He told his friend Thom Gunn that he had chosen to focus on his love for his patients and his work.

Blue Footed Booby
Oct 4, 2006

got those happy feet

Leon Sumbitches posted:

I think it was less that it rubbed people the wrong way and more that it was so lame as to be unrecognizable as a joke.

One More Fat Nerd
Apr 13, 2007

Mama’s Lil’ Louie

Nap Ghost
https://twitter.com/weirddalle/status/1584551896312082432?s=20&t=mdyX-dfHK0YoKd_0hZO-Jg

Morpheus
Apr 18, 2008

My favourite little monsters
https://twitter.com/LilNasX/status/1584584124580253699

repiv
Aug 13, 2009

https://twitter.com/steamedhamms/status/1584567456466862080

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

https://twitter.com/HoneydewWilkins/status/1584213281216278529

Khizan
Jul 30, 2013

They have my vote.

Dungeon Ecology
Feb 9, 2011

they've only delivered on 2) and 4) for me so far

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

on a whole 'nother level than the rest of us

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AlbieQuirky
Oct 9, 2012

Just me and my 🌊dragon🐉 hanging out

Dungeon Ecology posted:

they've only delivered on 2) and 4) for me so far

what are their prices like? my electric company, dispensary, and gamestop are all a bit more expensive than I’d like

no intention of switching my giant hog provider, 10/10 would recommend