Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

fuctifino
Jun 11, 2001

https://twitter.com/RishiSunak/status/1584294869341655040

lmao

"and abroad"

tldr: gently caress off back to the caribbean

[edit] This is a much better snipe than my last one. 300 - the amount of votes Boris had before he conceded to the loser

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Only Kindness
Oct 12, 2016
Page 3 Catte

I mean, Page 300 Catte

The Question IRL
Jun 8, 2013

Only two contestants left! Here is Doom's chance for revenge...

Chinese Gordon posted:

Because most Tory MPs - even some of the completely psychotic ones - recognise that Boris II would be a disaster who would probably split the party and crash the pound on his way to being forced to resign/kicked out. Even though the average MP has got considerably stupider since Brexit, they are still ruthless as a collective when it comes to choosing the best route to maintaining power.

(Looks at Tory Party. Looks at Liz Truss. Looks back at Tory party.)

THAT PERFECT POLITICAL MIND!

fuctifino
Jun 11, 2001

https://twitter.com/TiceRichard/status/1584277290573529088

Lots of people are throwing their toys out of the pram on twitter over Boris dropping out. The party is losing the support of many cult of Bojo followers as well as a lot of racists (Venn diagram etc). There are also the many 'sensible tories' (lol) who are starting to see through this poo poo show, and as services fail this winter and the poo poo really hits the fan, they will quickly realise they've been taken for a ride.

Interesting times. It's not just lefties who are pissed off anymore

Chinese Gordon
Oct 22, 2008

The Question IRL posted:

(Looks at Tory Party. Looks at Liz Truss. Looks back at Tory party.)

THAT PERFECT POLITICAL MIND!

Yes there are quite a few bonkers MPs but they did actually go for Sunak over Truss. The fact she was allowed in the final two is pretty damning though, obviously. Wouldn't be surprised if the Tory leadership process is quietly amended to fully cut out the deranged membership for future contests.

fuctifino
Jun 11, 2001

https://twitter.com/Mike_Fabricant/status/1584284748385771521

josh04
Oct 19, 2008

"THE FLASH IS THE REASON
TO RACE TO THE THEATRES"

This title contains sponsored content.

killerwhat posted:

This is gorgeous and very (black) metal

Cheers!

NotJustANumber99
Feb 15, 2012

somehow that last av was even worse than your posting
lol has rishi counted his chickens too soon once again?

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

What an unreasonably stupid country

I'd really hoped it would be Boris.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

dick lice

fuctifino
Jun 11, 2001

Infighting already
https://twitter.com/montie/status/1584296921690038272

:allears:

Angepain
Jul 13, 2012

what keeps happening to my clothes
Likely or not, Mordaunt winning pretty much entirely on the basis of Not Being Rishi would be absolutely hilarious so sure let's go for that

fuctifino
Jun 11, 2001

https://twitter.com/NadineDorries/status/1584303574061707264

https://twitter.com/NadineDorries/status/1584304190020792321

:allears:

fuctifino fucked around with this message at 23:31 on Oct 23, 2022

JoylessJester
Sep 13, 2012

At this rate the tories will get into double digit female Pms before Labour manage 1.

Skull Servant
Oct 25, 2009

Part of me feels like that Mordant will bend to pressure to drop out for the sake of unity, especially if Rishi continues to rack up endorsements.

Not sure which would be more destructive for the Tories, it going to a vote or Rishi getting coronated.

fuctifino
Jun 11, 2001

The Tories don't have a good option. There's nothing that they can do to prevent the party from tearing itself apart from the inside, while alienating more and more of the public.

It's loving hilarious

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

JoylessJester posted:

At this rate the tories will get into double digit female Pms before Labour manage 1.

Tories: first Jewish PM, first woman PM, about to have the first non-white PM. Even the first Scottish born PM was a Tory.

Truly the really progressive party

Jaeluni Asjil
Apr 18, 2018

Sorry I thought you were a landlord when I gave you your old avatar!
I had to read this twice (Dave's comment).

https://twitter.com/davemacladd/status/1584305038419447809

Just Another Lurker
May 1, 2009

Does this mean he will attend the COBRA Committee meetings?

Drone_Fragger
May 9, 2007

fuctifino posted:

https://twitter.com/TiceRichard/status/1584277290573529088

Lots of people are throwing their toys out of the pram on twitter over Boris dropping out. The party is losing the support of many cult of Bojo followers as well as a lot of racists (Venn diagram etc). There are also the many 'sensible tories' (lol) who are starting to see through this poo poo show, and as services fail this winter and the poo poo really hits the fan, they will quickly realise they've been taken for a ride.

Interesting times. It's not just lefties who are pissed off anymore

If the Tories are still in control during winter then it'll be fun. We're going to get power cuts, there simply isn't enough power to get home. Last time it was labours fault for blockading the coal mines. This time it's the tories for grossly, grossly mismanaging the economy and our national infrastructure.

I feel fairly sure left wing policy will become a lot more mainstream when labour is pointing out that "hey, maybe if our energy policy wasn't dictated by a bunch of money grubbing ghouls who thought that rather than building any power plants they'd just buy power from the EU and sell it for a 10% markup was a sustainable policy" will likely hit harder when people can't put the kettle on or watch coronation street.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Drone_Fragger posted:

I feel fairly sure left wing policy will become a lot more mainstream when labour is pointing out that "hey, maybe if our energy policy wasn't dictated by a bunch of money grubbing ghouls who thought that rather than building any power plants they'd just buy power from the EU and sell it for a 10% markup was a sustainable policy" will likely hit harder when people can't put the kettle on or watch coronation street.

I am not really sure labour will be arguing that because I don't think they want to actually change that.

I agree that it could be an extremely effective time for a party with a national platform willing to put that forward, but I think labour is going to be doing their utmost to avoid doing that.

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

Drone_Fragger posted:

Left wing policies are already mainstream, if you're talking about what people want. There just isn't anyone who will give them to us.

BIG FLUFFY DOG
Feb 16, 2011

On the internet, nobody knows you're a dog.

Sunak will fail simply because the year of three ministers doesn't sound as good as the year of four ministers.

Clarence
May 3, 2012

Three or five. Four isn't prime.

fuctifino
Jun 11, 2001

https://twitter.com/Peston/status/1584325483050639362

https://twitter.com/Peston/status/1584325489828974594

He came from a middle class background....?....??????

e: Peston deleted some tweets... brb... going to see if I can screenshot them

cocks. It was a hilarious rewriting of Rishi's history claiming that he came from a middle class household

fuctifino fucked around with this message at 00:48 on Oct 24, 2022

Julio Cruz
May 19, 2006
does that mean that by 2026 the average PM will last less than a month

fuctifino
Jun 11, 2001

It's incredible that Nadine and Boris's sister can discuss Boris on national radio, and somehow this is normal?

https://twitter.com/LBC/status/1584287528957272064

crispix
Mar 28, 2015

Grand-Maman m'a raconté
(Les éditions des amitiés franco-québécoises)

Hello, dear
rishi is going to be a slightly more protracted rerun of truss imo lol

fuctifino
Jun 11, 2001

https://twitter.com/MrKennethClarke/status/1584297016502255616

Hallucinogenic Toreador
Nov 21, 2000

Whoooooahh I'd be
Nothin' without you
Baaaaaa-by

crispix posted:

rishi is going to be a slightly more protracted rerun of truss imo lol

I can't see Rishi doing anything to tank the markets. He'll govern for the actual 1%, not some first year economics student's libertarian fever dream version of the 1%.

Comrade Fakename
Feb 13, 2012

Do people really think there’s going to be an election? Why would this happen? The Tories are not going to voluntarily call an election they are very likely to lose badly. There aren’t going to be riots on the streets about this.

fuctifino
Jun 11, 2001

He's doubled down and reposted what he posted earlier, but only 3 tweets instead of 4, so he's removed stuff. He still calls Rishi middle class. I'm screenshotting it this time.

delfin
Dec 5, 2003

SNATTER'S ALIVE?!?!

Hallucinogenic Toreador posted:

I can't see Rishi doing anything to tank the markets. He'll govern for the actual 1%, not some first year economics student's libertarian fever dream version of the 1%.

Which is part of his problem. From what I've gathered, his stance as Chancellor during COVID was "we are conservatives, but we cannot let the overall economy and social services simply implode during a pandemic for lack of funding," where the hard right's response was "yes, you loving SHOULD!" Truss's alternative plan of "slash taxes on the rich, a miracle happens, we win" was complete pie-in-the-sky, but realism doesn't sell well on that end.

But while the Daily Mail types will fume, can they actually do much to undermine things once Sunak's in? It sounds like the last gasp for anyone-but-the-backstabber types would be for Mordaunt's support to magically surge overnight because All Good People Everywhere will suddenly see Sunak as a horrible traitor, which seems... unlikely.

Hallucinogenic Toreador
Nov 21, 2000

Whoooooahh I'd be
Nothin' without you
Baaaaaa-by
The Tories are trying to take us back to the 19th century, so it makes sense that "not literally landed aristocracy" would be their definition of middle class.

Tarnop
Nov 25, 2013

Pull me out

Drone_Fragger posted:

lol
lmao

Comrade Fakename
Feb 13, 2012

What does Bobby Pesto think an “aspirational background “ even means?

Hallucinogenic Toreador
Nov 21, 2000

Whoooooahh I'd be
Nothin' without you
Baaaaaa-by

Comrade Fakename posted:

What does Bobby Pesto think an “aspirational background “ even means?

You see it's not that his parents were rich, what matters is that they were hard workers who wanted the best for their child, unlike all the bad minorities.

Angepain
Jul 13, 2012

what keeps happening to my clothes

fuctifino posted:

He's doubled down and reposted what he posted earlier, but only 3 tweets instead of 4, so he's removed stuff. He still calls Rishi middle class. I'm screenshotting it this time.

Absolutely in love with this. The bar to individual advancement, the only advancement that matters, has been lifted. Now all you have to do is be an odious poo poo with ridiculous amounts of money and your pals will allow you, one of the good ones, to become prime minister at the worst possible time once everyone else has had a go and once you already lost the first time due to the incredibly racist membership. Isn't Britain great

Only Kindness
Oct 12, 2016
gently caress "aspirational", it's a psyop - an actual one, not a made up one. You want things for everybody and not just for you? Well, guess you're not "aspirational" then.

Let me tell you that even Corbynite Mild Social Democracy is a LOT more "aspirational" than "all the money for me, forever".

And gently caress Li'l Bobby The Pest too. Yeah, you're sitting in the dark, your job's gone to China, your pension's literally been stolen and your children will never own a home. But at least we generously let a backstabber be prime minister.

Ahem ahem, why can't we have both social and economic equality? We could, y'know, ASPIRE to something.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

qhat
Jul 6, 2015

So is a general election even remotely plausible? Are there enough Tory MPs who would happily sink the party this week because they above all else hate Rishi Sunak?