Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

You're all garbage, back up the truck BACK IT UP!

BlindSite posted:

I really want Shane Steichen to be the Panthers head coach next year.

You'll get Liam Coen and like it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Ches Neckbeard posted:

You'll get Liam Coen and like it

...the old QB from UMass????????

how the gently caress did he end up OC for the Rams lmao

really queer Christmas
Apr 22, 2014

really queer Christmas posted:

They gonna score 20 easily on thursday

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

Did you have the balls to start their DST, though

epic bacon
Sep 19, 2022

interesting question about Todd Bowles: could a coach who isn't even actually a coach be fired?

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

What in Todd Bowles’ history lead the collective NFL media to think he was a great coach?

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

New Love Glow
He’s been an excellent defensive coordinator but yeah they should have given that job to leftwich and called it a day. Imo

adaz
Mar 7, 2009

Dan Campbell's seat might be getting a weee bit toasty

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!
Yeah I don’t think it was ever realistic to think the lions could be playoff contenders but he’s on track to perform exactly as well as last year which isn’t what you want in a rebuild

Mohawk Potato
Jan 15, 2008

At what point does LaFleur get on the hot seat

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

Mohawk Potato posted:

If the Packers wash out for the rest of the season (6-11 or worse finish) LaFleur is definitely on the hot seat for next season. It's not looking great right now though, there's no life or identity in these Packers. They just kind of do things, and ineffectively at that.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Diva Cupcake posted:

What in Todd Bowles’ history lead the collective NFL media to think he was a great coach?

He was chosen by brady to succeed the coach he got fired

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Strong stroll for a mangy stray

FizFashizzle posted:

He was chosen by brady to succeed the coach he got fired

and brady is a genius, ergo facto it was a genius move and your eyes deceive you the bucs are actually amazing

Acebuckeye13
Nov 2, 2010

Against All Tyrants

Ultra Carp

adaz posted:

Dan Campbell's seat might be getting a weee bit toasty

It shouldn't be, at least not after this game. The Lions coaching staff did everything they needed to do to win this game, putting players in the right position to succeed and not making any egregious mistakes. The defense in particular played much better, holding Dallas to 10 points over 3 and a half quarters. The offense, short three of its top playmakers (DJ Chark, Amon-Ra St. Brown, and DeAndre Swift), was also able to move the ball effectively for most of the game. The problem was twofold: First, turnovers, particularly the two interceptions and two fumbles, from Goff and the extremely costly fumble from Jamaal Williams on the goal line, and second Goff's general lack of awareness and inability to throw the ball downfield.

Campbell has had struggles, but neither he nor any of the other coaches were the problem in this game—the core issue is, and has been, Jared Goff, and it's become pretty apparent at this point that this team will continue to struggle so long as he's the one behind center.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!
I feel like taking any sort of feedback from that game is silly.

The first half of the season the offense was literally the best in the league and they still lost

Can’t blame everything on Goff

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
The Lions got outscored 53-6 in their last two games. Seems like the coaches are not, in fact, doing everything they needed to do.

Acebuckeye13
Nov 2, 2010

Against All Tyrants

Ultra Carp

Benne posted:

The Lions got outscored 53-6 in their last two games. Seems like the coaches are not, in fact, doing everything they needed to do.

I'm not talking about the Patriots game. I'm talking about this game, which I watched every down of. And in this game, every touchdown that Dallas scored came from a mistake that Jared Goff made. He is not the only reason why the Lions lost, but he is by far the biggest reason.

e: And yeah, Goff played better back at the start of the season, when he had Amon-Ra St. Brown and DeAndre Swift on the field. And even then he still had issues (such as his horrendous downfield accuracy), they were just shielded by the fact that he could dump it off to Swift and watch him run 50+ yards down the field.

Acebuckeye13 fucked around with this message at 23:30 on Oct 23, 2022

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Mohawk Potato posted:

https://twitter.com/andyhermannfl/status/1584277782972235776?s=46&t=u0pjm8MIWd22XEOuPb4Lpw
https://twitter.com/mattschneidman/status/1584291326480113664
https://twitter.com/BleacherReport/status/1584264374671200256

Chris James 2 fucked around with this message at 00:01 on Oct 24, 2022

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

New Love Glow
Lol cool robe. The wardrobe of a man who is phoning it in

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

New Love Glow
He looks like he’s working from home on covid lockdown. lol

Phobeste
Apr 9, 2006

never, like, count out Touchdown Tom, man
He looks like he's on visitation day at the asylum tbh

Magnetic North
Dec 15, 2008

Beware the Forest's Mushrooms

Bismack Billabongo posted:

He looks like he’s working from home on covid lockdown. lol

But I heard he was innoculated :thunk:

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret
He's a second tier henchman in some cyberpunk B-movie filmed in Canada.

Ragnarok the Red
Jun 21, 2002
Aaron just needed a Gatorade cup half-filled with a White Russian there to complete the laziest cosplay of The Dude ever.

Ragnarok the Red fucked around with this message at 23:58 on Oct 23, 2022

Dr_Strangelove
Dec 16, 2003

Mein Fuhrer! THEY WON!

Play posted:

and brady is a genius, ergo facto it was a genius move and your eyes deceive you the bucs are actually amazing

more like ego, fucko

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Dr_Strangelove posted:

more like ego, fucko

:lmao:

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

Brandon Staley should be feeling the heat

kalensc
Sep 10, 2003

Only Trust Your Respirator, kupo!
Art/Quote by: Rubby

fartknocker posted:

He's a second tier henchman in some cyberpunk B-movie filmed in Canada.

Week 9 - Beyond TundraDome

Aaron Rodgers and the Green Bay Packers saw their losing streak continue via another surprising upset, this time at the hands of the Winnipeg Blue Bombers and their crafty veteran QB Zapp Rowsdower

Erainor
Dec 30, 2017

THUNDERDOME LOSER

Mohawk Potato posted:

Can Rodgers be on the hot seat? This team has nothing, but I can't see the Packers moving on from the coach yet.

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Erainor posted:

Can Rodgers be on the hot seat? This team has nothing, but I can't see the Packers moving on from the coach yet.

i doubt it but he's definitely not playing up to his pay or his reputation right now

the rest of the team isn't playing great either though so it's not like it's all his fault

syzpid
Aug 9, 2014
For the last 2 seasons Rodgers been afraid to throw to anyone but Adams. I don't know how the front office thought extending Rodgers & trading Adams was going to work out fine. I know they had no choice with Adams, but this was completely avoidable.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

I mean they couldn’t just let Rodgers go, there wasn’t much of a choice. Everyone would have clowned on them for that

sirtommygunn
Mar 7, 2013

Initially yeah, but if he went somewhere else and played like this they'd be praised. Front offices can't be afraid of a little bad press.

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

You're all garbage, back up the truck BACK IT UP!
I imagine the front office throwing their hands up shouting "we finally drafted receivers and you're still not happy!"

Tee Higgins instead of Jordan Love and they're in way better shape. Dude went 3 picks after their original pick. That 1 drat draft pick hosed them so hard.

adaz
Mar 7, 2009

Ches Neckbeard posted:

I imagine the front office throwing their hands up shouting "we finally drafted receivers and you're still not happy!"

Tee Higgins instead of Jordan Love and they're in way better shape. Dude went 3 picks after their original pick. That 1 drat draft pick hosed them so hard.

or this year spending their 2 first round picks on an off ball linebacker and a run blocking DT. Honestly a lot of the packer's problem is they've invested _so many_ resources into the defense and it's mediocre at best.

Rod Hoofhearted
Jun 18, 2000

I am a ghost

Also, should we worry that maybe the WRs coach is bad?

Relentlessboredomm
Oct 15, 2006

It's Sic Semper Tyrannis. You said, "Ever faithful terrible lizard."
Staley should 100% be on the hot seat

if you have a franchise QB you can't be looking this lost every week. its pathetic

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!

Relentlessboredomm posted:

Staley should 100% be on the hot seat

if you have a franchise QB you can't be looking this lost every week. its pathetic

Yeah.

Herbert is also looking not himself most likely because of the ribs.

And now Mike is hurt.

This sucks.

Ornery and Hornery
Oct 22, 2020

Bring in Sean P to right the ship for the chargers

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!

Ornery and Hornery posted:

Bring in Sean P to right the ship for the chargers

People have been saying this.

But isn't his offense basically what the Chargers are running with Lombardi?