Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

I'm done with the "video game series stopped after x" meme

I will acknowledge all video games good and bad.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

I MAY LOOK LIKE SHIT BUT IM ALSO DUMB AS FUCK

Sweet!

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

Whizzing Wizard posted:

somehow I ended up watching the Resident Evil announcement stream with some fansite streamers commentating over it and they hooted and hollered while shouting "It's the same! It's exactly the same!" when it showed gameplay of that village section in RE4. They literally applauded and cheered when the commercial said they could preorder now.

(human) streamers ftl

rox
Sep 7, 2016

parasite eve owns

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011
Victoria 2 days.

bone emulator
Nov 3, 2005

Wrrroavr

karmicknight posted:

Victoria 2 days.

excited about this

Last Celebration
Mar 30, 2010
AI: Nirvana Initiative BIG SPOILERS: i just got to the big twist of the game and my brain hurts and I don’t think I like it very much. I guess it’s a cool idea that the two younger characters got super immortality genes so you can hardly notice the inconsistencies wrt their appearance but…man.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

Electric Phantasm posted:

I'm done with the "video game series stopped after x" meme

I will acknowledge all video games good and bad.

OK, have fun with 3rd birthday

PunkBoy
Aug 22, 2008

You wanna get through this?
I found a copy of Parasite Eve 1 in a used game store, but it was like, $60. The used games market is really dumb.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
I'm quietly making solid progress in Nuts and Bolts, I've got over 50 jiggies of 131 total. I can already tell that some of the TT trophies are gonna be proper dicks though

rox
Sep 7, 2016

Shinjobi posted:

OK, have fun with 3rd birthday

acknowledging a game doesnt mean you have to play it

frytechnician
Jan 8, 2004

Happy to see me?

haha what posted:

parasite eve owns

Hell yeah.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

haha what posted:

acknowledging a game doesnt mean you have to play it

I've made some horrible mistakes

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

Whizzing Wizard posted:

excited about this

What's everyone's starting nation gonna be

I hope Central America is an interesting region in this installment

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

I have been playing Case of the Golden Idol the last couple hours and it is v good if you want an Obra Dinn-like

i was kind of put off when I saw the screenshots but it looks great when you're actually playing it

Chev
Jul 19, 2010
Switchblade Switcharoo
Golden Idol's really good. I especially like the use of intermediate deductions (like the names, or finding who was where during the crime) to help reach the full final deduction. One flaw though is sometimes it turns into a game of hunt-the-word, ie you know what word you need to complete a deduction but need to find where it's said or written. It's exacerbated in the final couple scenes by the fact the words are inconsistently clickable, ie you can't just pick, say, Bob from any sentence he's mentioned but have to find the one where the link will work.

Arrrthritis
May 31, 2007

I don't care if you're a star, the moon, or the whole damn sky, you need to come back down to earth and remember where you came from
just lmao if the parasite eve remake ends up being as bad as the 3rd birthday.

please don't make it as bad as the 3rd birthday.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
Parasite Eve: The Third Birthday: Part 1

rox
Sep 7, 2016

its gonna
be good

Arrrthritis
May 31, 2007

I don't care if you're a star, the moon, or the whole damn sky, you need to come back down to earth and remember where you came from

haha what posted:

its gonna
be good

it would be rad af if so!

Square has been killing it with remakes lately, so i'm allowing myself to be a little hopeful.

bone emulator
Nov 3, 2005

Wrrroavr

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

Either something straightforward like Britain or France to learn the mechanics or going wild with Anarchist Texas or something

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

Last Celebration posted:

AI: Nirvana Initiative BIG SPOILERS: i just got to the big twist of the game and my brain hurts and I don’t think I like it very much. I guess it’s a cool idea that the two younger characters got super immortality genes so you can hardly notice the inconsistencies wrt their appearance but…man.

If you've seen the twist then you're near the end at least.

I still enjoyed Nirvana, but between the twist and the fact that they went back to the amnesia plot for 2 characters, I'm left thinking the first one was a much better game. Also I don't really see myself ever doing a replay of it, but I definitely could play the original again.

JollyBoyJohn
Feb 13, 2019

For Real!
I'm not always in love with my switch but when it's letting me watch YouTube on a hotel TV while in bed before gearing up for some bayonetta it's hard to beat

Last Celebration
Mar 30, 2010

Walla posted:

If you've seen the twist then you're near the end at least.

I still enjoyed Nirvana, but between the twist and the fact that they went back to the amnesia plot for 2 characters, I'm left thinking the first one was a much better game. Also I don't really see myself ever doing a replay of it, but I definitely could play the original again.

Yeah, even before the twist it felt like I was right at the endgame just going by the gate locks. This game was…well, in the moment I enjoyed it quite a lot, I like pretty all these characters and seeing their stories play out, along with just talking to them as I went about investigating but where AI 1 had one simple twist that retroactively explained everything and probably makes the Cyclops Killer’s actions easy to track on replay, I doubt putting the code in on a replay to start Mizuki’s path ASAP is gonna have the same benefit.

Also despite the twist it’s kinda obvious the game was localized in it’s presented order and Mizuki’s half begins to deteriorate in that regard slightly, which is probably only noticeable since AI1 set a high standard.

In any case, you played these games with your son, right? I hope you two enjoyed them regardless!

Mister Speaker
May 8, 2007

WE WILL CONTROL
ALL THAT YOU SEE
AND HEAR
Watching a playthrough of Scorn now and I gotta say, for a game inspired by the work of HR Giger I am sorely disappointed at the distinct lack of dicks & pussies everywhere so far.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Mister Speaker posted:

Watching a playthrough of Scorn now and I gotta say, for a game inspired by the work of HR Giger I am sorely disappointed at the distinct lack of dicks & pussies everywhere so far.

Because its not inspired by Giger, its inspired by Beksinski

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007
the last act has several pieces that are extremely Giger

Mister Speaker
May 8, 2007

WE WILL CONTROL
ALL THAT YOU SEE
AND HEAR

Barudak posted:

I thought it was both? The gooey biomechanicality of everything is pretty Giger; the ominous structures and atmosphere is more Beksinski.

OK now we're getting started. Buddy pulled out these three pipes that got cum on everything and then he got raped by a ceiling monster, and had to connect the rectum hallways together to get pieces for the key that makes the four giant testicles descend.

Mister Speaker fucked around with this message at 02:35 on Oct 24, 2022

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
I love that I can't tell if people describing scorn are just making poo poo up or not lol

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

Barudak posted:

it's a combination of the two, quite explicitly: giger's biomechanism with beksinski's monolithic nightmares

there's plenty of the usual giger fare throughout even the first level, like the second "puzzle" (and i use the term loosely) is you maneuvering a bunch of dick-shaped energy cells into a large tower that then overloads and explodes in a shower of white liquid

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

FirstAidKite posted:

I love that I can't tell if people describing scorn are just making poo poo up or not lol

Based on the preview videos, I believe all of it

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

Last Celebration posted:

In any case, you played these games with your son, right? I hope you two enjoyed them regardless!

We did, and we had a great time. My son wants a third entry, but I kind of hope Uchikoshi moves on to something else. I had a great time with these characters but I'm not sure what new stories could be told.

Edit: Though now that I think about it, a replay of 2 might be worth it if you unlock Mizuki's path immediately and try to play in the "proper" order. Though I'm not sure if it would help the plot much.

Bad Video Games fucked around with this message at 02:47 on Oct 24, 2022

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

https://www.kotaku.com.au/2022/10/disco-elysium-writer-robert-kurvitz-files-lawsuit-against-za-um/

Robert Kurvitz, the writer of Disco Elysium who was recently let go from ZA/UM, has filed suit against them.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

It must be loving painful being ousted and losing the rights to the works YOU created.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
Lawsuit, the ultimate red check

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Waffleman_ posted:

https://www.kotaku.com.au/2022/10/disco-elysium-writer-robert-kurvitz-files-lawsuit-against-za-um/

Robert Kurvitz, the writer of Disco Elysium who was recently let go from ZA/UM, has filed suit against them.

Phil, now is the time for your wildest acquisition yet.

Feldegast42
Oct 29, 2011

COMMENCE THE RITE OF SHITPOSTING

Waffleman_ posted:

Get their rear end

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

The longest Chile you or anyone's ever seen

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

Gaius Marius posted:

The longest Chile you or anyone's ever seen

wb

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

I just saw this ad on YouTube and... what? Why did they write ad copy that sounds like those weird mobile games, and also fake a mobile game interface

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a30p0gXg4Oo