Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ruggan
Feb 20, 2007
WHAT THAT SMELL LIKE?!

Philouza posted:

I'm just working through Gold Fliers to finish unlocking Pirate's Cove but should I be ignoring this Defences and Consequences quest line? The latest is asking for 300 honey and that would basically clear me out.

If you haven’t done A Towering Investment to unlock the tower yet (which I’m guessing you haven’t as you’re not yet at PC) then don’t spend the honey. You will need 600 to unlock tower, and unlocking tower is a priority because the rewards for tower 10 (halve the timers for farming) and tower 20 (10% increased silver for selling) are relatively easy to reach and are a huge jump in power.

If you’re far enough away from tower that you think you’ll have ANOTHER 600 honey by then in addition to the 300 you have now, then go for it. But I doubt that - you’ll probably get to ATI around farming mid-90s and tawny owl only gets you around 10 honey per day.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

H110Hawk
Dec 28, 2006
I would get pirates cove before bothering with tower. I am sitting on ATI 1 (2bn silver) for weeks now. Pirates cove has been a ton of silver for me.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

I finally have 1 billion silver gonna buy that next row of crops when the event starts for sure.

andy_social
Oct 29, 2008
Millions of Peaches worth it?

koshmar
Oct 22, 2009

i'm not here

this isn't happening

andy_social posted:

imo if you have spare perk points, you can maintain a pretty steady stream of peaches with soap if you've got raptors.

Ruggan
Feb 20, 2007
WHAT THAT SMELL LIKE?!

andy_social posted:

I got it, and yeah, I think it’s worth it, but as a low priority perk after you’ve gotten most of everything else you want. Like I said, I do almost all my PHRs.

Xerol
Jan 13, 2007

I think it's more worth it if you're getting deeper into cooking and want to make some fruit punch. I've only ended up using like 2 peach juices this month and that's for PHRs that wanted herbs and gold fish.

bbcisdabomb
Jan 15, 2008

SHEESH
Holy poo poo I'm out of corn jail.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

I’m only 1/4 of the way there :geno:

Lone Goat
Apr 16, 2003

When life gives you lemons, suplex those lemons.

bbcisdabomb posted:

you are out of a corn jail

Vasler
Feb 17, 2004
Greetings Earthling! Do you have any Zoom Boots?
Is it worth it to buy all the gold-only cooking upgrades?

Kaboobi
Jan 5, 2005

SHAKE IT BABY!
SALT THAT LADY!

other than fruit puncher (which is marginally useful) they’re all very nice QOL upgrades

Hobojim
Oct 31, 2011

bbcisdabomb posted:

:toot:

monkeytennis
Apr 26, 2007

Toilet Rascal

Lone Goat posted:

you are out of a corn jail

LLSix
Jan 20, 2010

The real power behind countless overlords

I'm working on getting runestone 20, the eggplant rune. It occurs to me that the meal that makes crops grow instantly would be a big help. Can someone make me a breakfast boost? I'm happy to send a grape juice and cheese back. Or all the other ingredients except flour which I can't make.
https://farmrpg.com/#!/profile.php?user_name=LLSix

bbcisdabomb posted:

:woop: Congratulations. I may join you sometime. Next month. Or the month after that.

Kaboobi
Jan 5, 2005

SHAKE IT BABY!
SALT THAT LADY!

sent over a bunch, go hog wild

LLSix
Jan 20, 2010

Kaboobi posted:

sent over a bunch, go hog wild

Oh wow! Thank you so much!

2 Breakfast boosts and four thousand eggplants later, I got it! Thank you! Thank you!

I didn't figure this out until my second round, but when playing in a browser you can have multiple windows open. I was able to cycle through selling and rebuying full seed inventories much faster with three tabs.
Farm tab to plant/harvest.
Sell tab/Mariya friendship tab(eggplants are a liked gift) to get rid of eggplants without voiding.
Buy tab to buy more seeds.

LLSix fucked around with this message at 18:12 on Oct 22, 2022

Philouza
Jul 20, 2005

Ruggan posted:

If you haven’t done A Towering Investment to unlock the tower yet (which I’m guessing you haven’t as you’re not yet at PC) then don’t spend the honey. You will need 600 to unlock tower, and unlocking tower is a priority because the rewards for tower 10 (halve the timers for farming) and tower 20 (10% increased silver for selling) are relatively easy to reach and are a huge jump in power.

If you’re far enough away from tower that you think you’ll have ANOTHER 600 honey by then in addition to the 300 you have now, then go for it. But I doubt that - you’ll probably get to ATI around farming mid-90s and tawny owl only gets you around 10 honey per day.

Yeah my Exploring is only level 85 so I’m just gonna hold on to my honey. Hopefully I can get another blue gel exchange or two to finish off the fliers before the event as I’ve been hoarding my large nets in hopes to use them for PC

Ruggan
Feb 20, 2007
WHAT THAT SMELL LIKE?!

Philouza posted:

Yeah my Exploring is only level 85 so I’m just gonna hold on to my honey. Hopefully I can get another blue gel exchange or two to finish off the fliers before the event as I’ve been hoarding my large nets in hopes to use them for PC

Can’t catch gold fish with nets anyway 🤷‍♂️

Just get a few “cat’s meow” meals and manually fish for them. They’ll come much more quickly.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

So once I’m kinda done making pipes and shields what’s the next thing I can craft to make good money with?

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

If you see me posting please remind me that I have Charlie Work in the reports forum to do instead

MarcusSA posted:

So once I’m kinda done making pipes and shields what’s the next thing I can craft to make good money with?

Lanterns until you unlock whispering creek, drums and guitars until you unlock pirates cove, large nets and mastery goods for the rest of time.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

GreyjoyBastard posted:

Lanterns until you unlock whispering creek, drums and guitars until you unlock pirates cove, large nets and mastery goods for the rest of time.

Ok I think I’ll skip the lanterns since I’m a few hours from unlocking the creek.

Thanks!

Philouza
Jul 20, 2005

Ruggan posted:

Can’t catch gold fish with nets anyway 🤷‍♂️

Just get a few “cat’s meow” meals and manually fish for them. They’ll come much more quickly.

Oh sorry I meant to take advantage of the increased sell price during the event. I’m hoping I can use them all at Pirate’s Cove rather than Large Island.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Just so I make sure how raptor pens work,

First I need to find an egg then it will give me the option to build the pen,

Then I need to find more eggs to hatch?

Is the animal leveling up perk worth it? Looking at the chart it seems to reduce the leveling time by quite a bit.

LLSix
Jan 20, 2010

MarcusSA posted:

Is the animal leveling up perk worth it? Looking at the chart it seems to reduce the leveling time by quite a bit.

The animal leveling perk also increases the profits from pigs and cows: https://farmrpg.com/#!/wiki.php?page=slaughterhouse It's an extra million a day from pigs/bacon alone.

I think I'm only a little behind you. I'm currently planning to finish off my Quicker Farming, Wanderer, and Forester, perk lines finished before getting Animal Lover, but at only 15 points it's cheap enough to slip in most anywhere in your purchase list without setting you too far back.

monkeytennis
Apr 26, 2007

Toilet Rascal

MarcusSA posted:

I can’t remember about the animal thing but it’s probably useful.

That’s correct for raptors though. Get into WC and find them eggs then enjoy more antlers than you can make into large nets.

Hobojim
Oct 31, 2011

My personal help requests today give me 110 herbs.

Also 65 gold crabs, which is a nice bonus.

Sometimes these things are cool.

Weedle
May 31, 2006

i hit tower level 100 yesterday. the rewards are sick. also cooking rocks. this is still my goty

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Ok thanks everyone!

Kaboobi
Jan 5, 2005

SHAKE IT BABY!
SALT THAT LADY!

EVENT UPDATE:
The event bonuses will start around 9pm server time this evening and will actually be +20% Skill XP, +20% Silver at Market and +10% Mastery progress. Meals are useable until a little before 9pm and any active meals at 9pm will be ended, so don’t waste your meals.

Also, server lag could be an issue and if it is the small delay on nets will be added to Pirates Cove. Expect some initial lag regardless especially as new quests drop. Thanks for your understanding

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Gonna be buyin an extra row of crops in a few hours!

LLSix
Jan 20, 2010

MarcusSA posted:

Gonna be buyin an extra row of crops in a few hours!

Woo me too!

Are meals deactivated for the whole event? I was saving up to get my kitchen, if meals are disabled, I may want to put that money somewhere else. Maybe buy my pig pen or a second crop row after I get the 100million one.

Jayme
Jul 16, 2008

LLSix posted:

Woo me too!

Are meals deactivated for the whole event? I was saving up to get my kitchen, if meals are disabled, I may want to put that money somewhere else. Maybe buy my pig pen or a second crop row after I get the 100million one.

You might still be able to cook, just not eat - that 20% bonus to skills can help you out, in that case.

H110Hawk
Dec 28, 2006

This is pretty funny to find when the event started.

rafikki
Mar 8, 2008

I see what you did there. (It's pretty easy, since ducks have a field of vision spanning 340 degrees.)

~SMcD

H110Hawk posted:

This is pretty funny to find when the event started.

Yeah, I just completed around 40 requests in short order lol

Ineptitude
Mar 2, 2010

Heed my words and become a master of the Heart (of Thorns).
Thats a lot of event requests!

Just a heads up, several of the event items are unlocked by default. Be careful when selling at the market.

StupidSexyMothman
Aug 9, 2010

the worst part of every event is the first couple hours when people forget it's a week-long thing and all decide to go cuckoo bananas with LN spam & grind the site to a crawl

H110Hawk
Dec 28, 2006
Yeah they mentioned putting a cool down on PC if it got bad.

So now is when I should craft and sell my spheres right? I have 1 of each in my storehouse.

Jayme
Jul 16, 2008

H110Hawk posted:

Yeah they mentioned putting a cool down on PC if it got bad.

So now is when I should craft and sell my spheres right? I have 1 of each in my storehouse.

They should get featured as the Item of the Day at some point during the event - wait until then for the bonus.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Before spending 1 billion on a crop row,

After ,

lol

Edit lol