Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Empty Sandwich
Apr 22, 2008

goatse mugs

Captain Hygiene posted:

Seeing Demon is kinda weird because I have no idea where it goes, but I'm definitely remembering having read each panel so far as I see it again. I wonder how much I've actually read but semi-forgotten about since.

my partner at the time and I once watched a really abysmally awful movie about Filipino vampires. just poo poo-tier.

as soon as we started watching it, we realized we'd already seen it together, but neither of us could remember anything about it, including when we'd seen it. so we had the maddening sense of recognizing everythingb that appeared onscreen but not knowing where it would lead.

bonus: the movie was called Aswang

yes this was very educating for everyone involved

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002
Last time on Joey's Special Experience by Hirohiko Archie: The stagecoach enters a tunnel! Joost briefly thinks of Eren, who he left behind, and vows to return to her! The stagecoach stops suddenly! The horses and stagecoach driver are found dead with dozens of knives sticking out of them!

Read right to left:

Chapter 21 - Rare Kitchen Plumbing and Appliances: END

Mzbundifund
Nov 5, 2011

I'm afraid so.
I appreciate Fast Ambulance’s role as Guy Who Is Losing His Mind in every panel.

Emzedoh
Jun 26, 2013

Emzedoh posted:

Witch Vasenka's War Chapter 13: Yuriy's Day

Looks like Dicke Bertha's blasting off again. Also note the dragon decal on the plane St Yuriy slew, that's a nice touch.

Some bonus pages:

Note: the song advocates use of dynamite to achieve civil rights.

Kennel
May 1, 2008

BAWWW-UNH!

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002
^^^ e: lmfao

Mzbundifund posted:

I appreciate Fast Ambulance’s role as Guy Who Is Losing His Mind in every panel.
lmao, yeah that's an extremely accurate description of his role. In the actual-translated versions he's like a ringside fight commentator who's constantly making GBS threads his pants in fear

some plague rats
Jun 5, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
Having escaped from my unjust confinement I'm free and clear to bring you stirring tales of how hell was full

sinburger
Sep 10, 2006

*hurk*

Captain Hygiene posted:

Seeing Demon is kinda weird because I have no idea where it goes, but I'm definitely remembering having read each panel so far as I see it again. I wonder how much I've actually read but semi-forgotten about since.

I just binged this before the weekend.

The goon who described it earlier as "4000 pages of rules lawyering" was 100% accurate.

Emzedoh
Jun 26, 2013

some plague rats posted:

Having escaped from my unjust confinement I'm free and clear to bring you stirring tales of how hell was full

The crosses in your eyes say otherwise, Mr Houdini!

Kit Walker
Jul 10, 2010
"The Man Who Cannot Deadlift"

Stand Still. Stay Silent

False alarm. Just cow beasts

Carnivorous cow beasts

At this point in time Lalli is literally the only person in the whole world who gives a poo poo about Rubik’s cubes

Huh

Eeeeeeeee

Kennel
May 1, 2008

BAWWW-UNH!

Digamma-F-Wau
Mar 22, 2016

It is curious and wants to accept all kinds of challenges

Kit Walker
Jul 10, 2010
"The Man Who Cannot Deadlift"

:pusheen:

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

sinburger posted:

I just binged this before the weekend.

The goon who described it earlier as "4000 pages of rules lawyering" was 100% accurate.

It really is. I didn't even mean that as like a bad thing, just that its in the same class as some Brandon Sanderson or similar scifi/fantasy works where there is really only one main character and it is Da Rules. If thats what you want, great!

CheeseThief
Dec 28, 2012

Two wholesome boys to brighten your day

I'm having a hard time parsing what I see here but it appears to be one of those caterpillar robots from sonic but green and with huge hands.

I don't like it.

Boba Pearl
Dec 27, 2019

by Athanatos
It's by the artist that does that really good and pretty sonic fan comic.

e: The one where Tikal is a muscle wizard that casts fist

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
If a caterkiller wore pants would it wear them like this or like this

Emzedoh
Jun 26, 2013

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0qXmxVySMzw

CrocodileKingSaysNO
Jul 25, 2007

As I was catching up with the thread I was gonna comment on how much the 'man in a horse corpse' was just absolutely revolting but then I saw this and it made me laugh so thanks I guess!

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
Demon is so awesome, thank you World Famous W for introducing it into the thread. The simple art still manages to convey so utterly much! There's one moment I know of later I really wanna quote when we get there due to that, because I stopped dead just now so I could see the rest blind. Part of why this thread is cool is reliving the serialization, big thanks to the folks here who perform such a task!

Pigsfeet on Rye
Oct 22, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 2 hours!

Kit Walker posted:

Stand Still. Stay Silent

False alarm. Just cow beasts

Carnivorous cow beasts

At this point in time Lalli is literally the only person in the whole world who gives a poo poo about Rubik’s cubes

Huh

Eeeeeeeee

Livin' in downtown Steak City! I like how the Rubik's Cube just possesses Lalli's mind.

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

I've been sitting here for 5 mins trying to think of a joke to make but I just realised the animators of Mass Effect already did it for me

Emzedoh posted:

Some bonus pages:

Note: the song advocates use of dynamite to achieve civil rights.

I love these little history insights.

The implication with the akagetto terminology is that until Westernization, Japan didn't have wool, and checking other sources, they straight didn't have sheep at all--they were imported in 1857. It just hadn't occurred to me that what I thought was a pretty ubiquitous animal just didn't exist in Japan.

Empty Sandwich
Apr 22, 2008

goatse mugs

marshmallow creep posted:

The implication with the akagetto terminology is that until Westernization, Japan didn't have wool, and checking other sources, they straight didn't have sheep at all--they were imported in 1857. It just hadn't occurred to me that what I thought was a pretty ubiquitous animal just didn't exist in Japan.

oh, interesting

Hempuli
Nov 16, 2011

Vampire Jack the Ripper hiding inside a horse (+ one more thing he does very soon) were some of the moments where I knew I enjoyed reading Jojo

Emzedoh
Jun 26, 2013

marshmallow creep posted:

Oh, I missed that detail! That's really interesting, considering sheep were extremely significant on the Asian mainland, albeit up in Mongolia and maybe northern China.

MokBa
Jun 8, 2006

If you see something suspicious, bomb it!

On today’s Hark! A Vagrant, Kate draws her friend’s cat, I guess.

Wednesday is Emily’s cat and likes to sit on my suitcases, in boxes, and on my suitcases. Wednesday is famous because she is the star of A Softer World, so she runs around like she owns the joint, and as you can see above, runs around in general.

I was new to the greatness of Chiune when I made this, look him up

(The caption to this comic was nothing but links to unrelated things that now do not point to those things so I’m omitting it.)

put that in the baby book

Because I was feeling better today I made some comics!

I made a mini comic! It was available at SPX 2008.

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002

One of my favorite panels in all of comics

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

I appreciate this one much more 15 years later after listening to a massive lecture series about ancient Egypt :five:

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

I'm 😤 not a 🦸🏻‍♂️hero...🧜🏻

Son of Thunderbeast posted:

One of my favorite panels in all of comics

Wasn't this strip updated so Tycho had the false nose?

Sleve McDichael
Feb 11, 2019

~nice~

Emzedoh posted:

The crosses in your eyes say otherwise, Mr Houdini!

Death did not stop Houdini escaping the shark, though :niggly:

Emzedoh
Jun 26, 2013

Sleve McDichael posted:

Death did not stop Houdini escaping the shark, though :niggly:

A shark eats a magician, that shark will eventually uneat that magician. Cause and effect, perfectly natural.

MokBa
Jun 8, 2006

If you see something suspicious, bomb it!

Samovar posted:

Wasn't this strip updated so Tycho had the false nose?

I looked it up and yeah you're right! At the current rate we'll get to that redraw in a month or so. I'm not sure how often she redoes old comics but I guess we'll find out!

Antigravitas
Dec 8, 2019

Die Rettung fuer die Landwirte:

oof.jpg

Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

from hell's heart I cast at thee
🧙🐀🧹🌙🪄🐸

Emzedoh posted:

A shark eats a magician, that shark will eventually uneat that magician. Cause and effect, perfectly natural.
What I'm hearing is sharks are just as smooth in the inside.

Emzedoh
Jun 26, 2013

A fine coating of microplastics, probably.

Anyway, he's a bouletcorp

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slægt skal følge slægters gang

i think there's a book like that

unrelated:
https://twitter.com/s_k_hanselmann/status/1583532680250941440

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--
IT WASP ME ALL *BZZT* ALONG!

Let me save y'all a click:

Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

from hell's heart I cast at thee
🧙🐀🧹🌙🪄🐸

Carthag Tuek posted:

i think there's a book like that
The knowledge. I got the papreback for my wife. It's good!

It's available for kindle lol

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,

Splicer posted:

The knowledge. I got the papreback for my wife. It's good!

It's available for kindle lol

lmao :bravo:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,