Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Poil
Mar 17, 2007

Honestly I'd rather just keep transports.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BigRoman
Jun 19, 2005
I just started playing this game again, and I haven't played since the Emperor patch. I was in the new world, conquering the natives, and when I conquered a opm and took their land, the native nation re-spawned right next to the land I just took. Is this normal? How many times do I need to conquer opm natives until they stay dead?

Quorum
Sep 24, 2014

REMIND ME AGAIN HOW THE LITTLE HORSE-SHAPED ONES MOVE?

BigRoman posted:

I just started playing this game again, and I haven't played since the Emperor patch. I was in the new world, conquering the natives, and when I conquered a opm and took their land, the native nation re-spawned right next to the land I just took. Is this normal? How many times do I need to conquer opm natives until they stay dead?

:colonizersay:

That's a result of the migration and tribal land mechanics. If you conquer a tribe completely they'll just move to an unoccupied province. I think you can surround them completely before annexing to prevent this, or wait until they reform out of their tribal government before worrying too much about them.

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

BigRoman posted:

If there's an empty spot next to them that can be colonized they'll move to that. It's free real estate for any colonizer

Private Speech
Mar 30, 2011

I HAVE EVEN MORE WORTHLESS BEANIE BABIES IN MY COLLECTION THAN I HAVE WORTHLESS POSTS IN THE BEANIE BABY THREAD YET I STILL HAVE THE TEMERITY TO CRITICIZE OTHERS' COLLECTIONS

IF YOU SEE ME TALKING ABOUT BEANIE BABIES, PLEASE TELL ME TO

EAT. SHIT.

Also you can take their tribal land in peace deals for cheap, so you'll get more than one province even if it looks like they are an OPM.

It actually really helps with making NW conquest easier.

Quorum
Sep 24, 2014

REMIND ME AGAIN HOW THE LITTLE HORSE-SHAPED ONES MOVE?

Private Speech posted:

Also you can take their tribal land in peace deals for cheap, so you'll get more than one province even if it looks like they are an OPM.

It actually really helps with making NW conquest easier.

They actually updated that in a recent patch. Taking tribal land now just removes the tribal land rather than insta-colonizing it.

Private Speech
Mar 30, 2011

I HAVE EVEN MORE WORTHLESS BEANIE BABIES IN MY COLLECTION THAN I HAVE WORTHLESS POSTS IN THE BEANIE BABY THREAD YET I STILL HAVE THE TEMERITY TO CRITICIZE OTHERS' COLLECTIONS

IF YOU SEE ME TALKING ABOUT BEANIE BABIES, PLEASE TELL ME TO

EAT. SHIT.

Really? That kind of sucks. It was that way on 1.32 FWIW.

Groke
Jul 27, 2007
New Adventures In Mom Strength
They changed in in 1.34 and really the previous way made no sense at all, conjuring up fully-settled and productive provinces out of someone's hunting grounds where nobody was living permanently at all...

mfcrocker
Jan 31, 2004

Hot Rope Guy

Groke posted:

They changed in in 1.34 and really the previous way made no sense at all, conjuring up fully-settled and productive provinces out of someone's hunting grounds where nobody was living permanently at all...

It made new world poo poo exceptionally easy

Groke
Jul 27, 2007

mfcrocker posted:

It made new world poo poo exceptionally easy

It's still too easy, really. You can still take multiple provinces per war since you can peace out all the allies/federation members one by one and take their province as long as you can core it, so, like, 1-3 wars to spawn a full colonial nation. Strictly speaking you shouldn't be able to get fully-settled and productive provinces at all just from beating up some nomadic people, forcing nomads into settled life overnight does not exactly have a great historical track record.

(Taking over societies that are already settled and have developed villages and cities and tax collectors and bureaucracy and poo poo on their own, that's another matter.)

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

I guess everyone is on vicky 3?

THE BAR
Oct 20, 2011

You know what might look better on your nose?

I'm sort of in-between games, right now.

Buschmaki
Dec 26, 2012

‿︵‿︵‿︵‿Lean Addict︵‿︵‿︵‿
I'm playin EU4 again but have completely forgotten how lol

TropicalCoke
Feb 14, 2012
Does anyone have any Ryazan tips? I keep getting rolled over by Moscow, even when I take Great Horde down

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.
New Anbennar patch drops today, if you haven't been pre-playing on the bitbucket version. Some good poo poo in there!

Kurgarra Queen
Jun 11, 2008

GIVE ME MORE
SUPER BOWL
WINS

TropicalCoke posted:

Does anyone have any Ryazan tips? I keep getting rolled over by Moscow, even when I take Great Horde down
Get into Poland's or Denmark's/Sweden's good graces somehow? Muscovy just has a poo poo ton of armies and manpower from the start(and then there's the vassal swarm), and obviously you can't fight them like you would if you were the Golden Horde/Kazan, so I doubt you can simply out-expand them before they decide it's time to murder you without a lot of luck.
You might be able to ally Muscovy in the beginning and use them to bludgeon one of the hordes, which has the added benefit of slowing their expansion and wasting their time/manpower. If you can manage to get big enough to rival them, that should help you get in with one of their rivals. Failing that, make sure your attitude towards them is "Threatened", as that also gives you a boost to relations with their rivals.

If you get luck early and can get the "Transfer Vassals" age bonus, you can use that to nick some of their vassals and even things up, but it would be pretty tricky to win a war against them that early without a lot of help/luck.

JosefStalinator
Oct 9, 2007

Come Tbilisi if you want to live.

Grimey Drawer

MonsieurChoc posted:

New Anbennar patch drops today, if you haven't been pre-playing on the bitbucket version. Some good poo poo in there!

Ohhh is this the steam version, finally for the new patch? gently caress yea. Anbennar rocks.

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

JosefStalinator posted:

Ohhh is this the steam version, finally for the new patch? gently caress yea. Anbennar rocks.

Indeed! Been having a blast as Railskulker all afternoon.

MonsieurChoc fucked around with this message at 22:44 on Nov 18, 2022

Firebatgyro
Dec 3, 2010
I see The Command mechanics got added as well. Do the new disasters manage to keep the AI from rolling over all of Haless every game?

Terrible Opinions
Oct 18, 2013

About 2/3 of the time the Command rolls Haless/Rahen. 1/3 of the time the Raja completes its disaster and destroys them. You are guarenteed to get a super state end game boss out of Rahen, the flavor just varies based on play through. On the off chance both AI fail to overcome their disaster or if the player intervenes to kneecap them Bhuvauri takes on the roll.

Torrannor
Apr 27, 2013

---FAGNER---
TEAM-MATE

MonsieurChoc posted:

Any big standouts? A cliff notes version of the patch notes? I'd appreciate any info!

JosefStalinator
Oct 9, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Torrannor posted:

Any big standouts? A cliff notes version of the patch notes? I'd appreciate any info!

Here's the reddit post they made that sums up most of the big changes:

https://www.reddit.com/r/Anbennar/comments/yyqij8/children_of_ruin_release/

Hobgoblins/command got some massive changes, as did Aelantir. Looks like dwarves/serpentspine groups also got some big reworks?

Not new content but I finished a few Escann games and I had never done Adenica/Rogieria but they are fun as hell.

Buschmaki
Dec 26, 2012

‿︵‿︵‿︵‿Lean Addict︵‿︵‿︵‿
Decided that instead of trying Granada in vanilla over and over I'd do Frozenmaw-Grombar in Anbennar. It's my second ever game and I'm not even in the 16th century but man is Anbennar really fun and the world setup fun to mess around with

Detheros
Apr 11, 2010

I want to die.

Jay Rust posted:

I guess everyone is on vicky 3?

Nah been kicking myself in the dick trying to make Finland work.

Also grabbing 2 cheevos.

Prop Wash
Jun 12, 2010

New Wanderers into Elikhand is a pretty fun game. The MT has that problem where you have to read all the way ahead to know which estates you’ll need to be nice with, but overall it’s a nice relaxing Escann game where force conversion is extremely cheap. My last game was an Emperor run as Corvuria, which was a lot of fun but ended the way Anbennar/vanilla emperor runs always do, which is playing whack a mole with centers of reformation and the ravelian state for an entire century. This time Corinites, Ravelians and Regents are all getting introduced to the wonders of Khet while I build my pyramids and sphinxes and so forth.

Detheros
Apr 11, 2010

I want to die.

Another one.

Opole -> Silesia -> Poland

Poil
Mar 17, 2007

I was impressed at first but then I noticed the year. :stare:

Detheros
Apr 11, 2010

I want to die.

Ironically enough I used the PLC to break free from Bohemia :v:

Groke
Jul 27, 2007
Checking out the Anbennar update. Holy crap, Venail is nuts. (Have tried them before but for some reason quit after the exodus and that's when the real insanity begins.)

Buschmaki
Dec 26, 2012

‿︵‿︵‿︵‿Lean Addict︵‿︵‿︵‿
For Anbennar does anyone know how to deal with the Grombari War of Religion? I want to try to go Corinite but 400k rebels pop up to force convert me back

Rynoto
Apr 27, 2009
It doesn't help that I'm fat as fuck, so my face shouldn't be shown off in the first place.

Groke posted:

Checking out the Anbennar update. Holy crap, Venail is nuts. (Have tried them before but for some reason quit after the exodus and that's when the real insanity begins.)

Still waiting for the last of the trees to make it in as I'm sure Elf-Lenin will end up just as wild.

Also waiting patiently for the return of the reworked All-Clan missions as while the new Rail-Skulker ones are good there's nothing like turning the entire mountain into a single industrialized entity.

Firebatgyro
Dec 3, 2010
The new expeditions thing for Dwarves is really impressively put together.

Red Bones
Aug 9, 2012

"I think he's a bad enough person to stay ghost through his sheer love of child-killing."

I did some of the writing for the glass dwarves in that update, it was fun! I had to watch a bunch of YouTube videos about medieval glassblowing lol.

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

I did a bit of writing here and there for this update too. Did some big events for the Command, and also wrote up the ideas for Bukit Bantay, one of the countries in southeast Haless.

toasterwarrior
Nov 11, 2011

Red Bones posted:

I did some of the writing for the glass dwarves in that update, it was fun! I had to watch a bunch of YouTube videos about medieval glassblowing lol.

I'm playing a run with glass dwarfs right now so I'm excited for that laser cannon tomfoolery!

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Buschmaki posted:

For Anbennar does anyone know how to deal with the Grombari War of Religion? I want to try to go Corinite but 400k rebels pop up to force convert me back

Huh that never happened to me, I never had trouble staying Old Dookan or flipping before.

Buschmaki
Dec 26, 2012

‿︵‿︵‿︵‿Lean Addict︵‿︵‿︵‿

MonsieurChoc posted:

Huh that never happened to me, I never had trouble staying Old Dookan or flipping before.

They all pop up by event in all of my Old Dookan provinces. Like 18k stacks in every Old Dookan province after the conversion event fires

Wafflecopper
Nov 27, 2004

I am a mouth, and I must scream

Red Bones posted:

Huh, I'm actually playing that campaign atm and was just last night reading one of the events thinking "drat somebody is either an expert in glassblowing or they did a lot of research for this" so nice job with the research and the writing itself!

Wafflecopper fucked around with this message at 07:58 on Nov 23, 2022

JosefStalinator
Oct 9, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Red Bones posted:

Which ones are the glass dwarves? I'll give them a try!

Do you have any other recommendations for dwarves to try out?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

Orlghelovar (glass dwarves), Shazstundhir (marble dwarves) and Hul-az-Krakazol (amethyst dwarves) all got MTs with this patch and I've been told they're all quite extensive and fun. Also, Iron Hammers/Hammerhome in Escann too for a non-Dwarovar dwarf experience.