Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Always playing with my meat
Grimey Drawer
Pretty glad I picked this year to stop giving a poo poo about the NFL

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.

wandler20 posted:

Waking up on Monday leading the division. Not bad. Everything is juuuuuuuust fine.

So from my casual browsing of the Bucs Reddit over the last few years, apparently this is “It’s a Bucs Life”?

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

So from my casual browsing of the Bucs Reddit over the last few years, apparently this is “It’s a Bucs Life”?

lmao it absolutely is

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?
Good breakdown of the Saints cap situation moving forward:

https://twitter.com/Jason_OTC/status/1584543184062861313?s=20&t=eYGrgLfVQUchT2F1qleS5w

https://overthecap.com/looking-ahead-to-the-saints-2023-salary-cap

quote:

To make matters worse for the Saints they made an absurd trade this spring where they sent off their 2023 1st round pick and 2024 1st round pick to add an extra first rounder in this year draft. The selection became Trevor Penning. Penning has been on IR all season. It was a “win now” move of sorts for a team that had no business thinking they were a “win now” team. That is really the biggest lesson everyone should learn from this. When you do not have a viable QB on your roster in no way shape or form can you trade away a future number 1 draft pick unless it is for a quarterback. Rather than scouting the potential QB of the future the team is just hoping that they don’t have to watch the Eagles get a top 10 draft pick next year while the Saints try to navigate an old, expensive, declining roster.

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

wandler20 posted:

lmao it absolutely is

I actually watched the full 99 NFCCG against the Rams last summer and oh my god I cannot imagine what it must have been like for Bucs fans watching that miserable offensive train wreck while the defense was doing it’s best heroically holding off what was then the best offense in the history of football.

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

Bah. Loomis and Hartley will find a way. Losing next year’s pick will hurt though. No disagreement on that.

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Even if the Saints cap situation finally, after all these years, implodes well it was still completely worth it because it was pushed off for all the years the team was good.

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

I actually watched the full 99 NFCCG against the Rams last summer and oh my god I cannot imagine what it must have been like for Bucs fans watching that miserable offensive train wreck while the defense was doing it’s best heroically holding off what was then the best offense in the history of football.

It's a Bucs life is from the 2010s era. But yeah, that defense was fun as hell to watch.

three
Aug 9, 2007

i fantasize about ndamukong suh licking my doodoo hole

Relentlessboredomm posted:

the team is definitely underperforming its talent which i think you've got to put firmly on Bowles but the offense being putrid is largely brady being cooked. like they should not be good bc brady is cooked but they should look better than this.

hopefully tho this expedites the end of brady, bowles, and all the old dudes plus we'll get a higher draft pick. i hope

also my half joking point about falcons winning the division is looking wayyyyyy more likely

Your leading rusher had 24 yards, your starting RB had 2.4 ypc, and your defense gave up 3 TDs to PJ Walker and Chuba Hubbard... but it's Tom Brady's fault?

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

wandler20 posted:

It's a Bucs life is from the 2010s era. But yeah, that defense was fun as hell to watch.

Gruden getting credit for parachuting himself into Dungy’s defense is so unfair.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!

three posted:

Your leading rusher had 24 yards, your starting RB had 2.4 ypc, and your defense gave up 3 TDs to PJ Walker and Chuba Hubbard... but it's Tom Brady's fault?

How many tds did Tom score

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

CharlestheHammer posted:

How many tds did Tom score

He would have had an early one if Evans didn't bobble it. The whole momentum of the game would have shifted if we scored like that on the first drive.

The blame falls on the entire offense, it's been pathetic. Also the play calling sucks, stop running Lenny when it's 3rd and 1!

really queer Christmas
Apr 22, 2014

The salary cap does not bother me, but man I forgot they gave up 2024s first too. gently caress me man, they really wanted to go whole hog into the aints era for Trevor penning. At least olave has been quite good.

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
They didn’t. That’s wrong. According to tankathon it’s a 2024 2nd

really queer Christmas
Apr 22, 2014

That's a slight relief, only one year of losing a top 5 pick, we should hopefully be bad enough to get the #1 in 24

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

Gruden getting credit for parachuting himself into Dungy’s defense is so unfair.

Dungy never would've won a Super Bowl in Tampa. They made the right move.

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

wandler20 posted:

Dungy never would've won a Super Bowl in Tampa. They made the right move.

Honesty asking, why not? Did he lose the locker room?

A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006

really queer Christmas posted:

That's a slight relief, only one year of losing a top 5 pick, we should hopefully be bad enough to get the #1 in 24

Never put it past the browns, the lions, or some rando afc team to refuse to win any games at all while the saints post two wins on a wretched year.

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

Honesty asking, why not? Did he lose the locker room?

Because he's one the most overrated coaches in history. And like many defensive coaches was a complete coward when it came to letting the offense do anything.

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

wandler20 posted:

Because he's one the most overrated coaches in history. And like many defensive coaches was a complete coward when it came to letting the offense do anything.

Let Brad Johnson Cook

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

Let Brad Johnson Cook

He was so good the SB season.

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

wandler20 posted:

He was so good the SB season.

Is it unfair he’s usually spoken in the same breath as Dilfer?

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

Absolutely.

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

When asked which Pokemon he evolved into, Kamara pauses.

"Motherfucking, what's that big dragon shit? That orange motherfucker. Charizard."

The Saints didn’t trade their 2024 first rounder. Penning also wasn’t a “win now” move.

GD_American
Jul 21, 2004

LISTEN TO WHAT I HAVE TO SAY AS IT'S INCREDIBLY IMPORTANT!

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

Yes. He’s in the Hall Of Mostly Good With Stretches of Very Good. Dilfer was a seat-filler.

Relentlessboredomm
Oct 15, 2006

It's Sic Semper Tyrannis. You said, "Ever faithful terrible lizard."

three posted:

as i said, im going to blame brady for how bad the offense looks and the defense is on the HC.

its incredible how many excuses people want to make for the HoF qb not being able to score in game after game after game while having a relatively good receiving core

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

Yes, Dilfer sucked and it required a defense even greater than the early oughts Bucs to carry him to a ring.

Relentlessboredomm
Oct 15, 2006

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

yea, he was much better than Dilfer.

the big shift going from Dungy to Gruden is that Gruden could give the offense just enough of a spark to get them over the hump. everyone hand waves the superbowl which is fine bc the big wins were them finally beating the eagles in the playoffs.

its like this year. if the bills beat the chiefs in the playoffs does anyone really believe they're going to have trouble with the nfc in the superbowl?

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

"Motherfucking, what's that big dragon shit? That orange motherfucker. Charizard."

yea, he was much better than Dilfer.

the big shift going from Dungy to Gruden is that Gruden could give the offense just enough of a spark to get them over the hump. everyone hand waves the superbowl which is fine bc the big wins were them finally beating the eagles in the playoffs.

its like this year. if the bills beat the chiefs in the playoffs does anyone really believe they're going to have trouble with the nfc in the superbowl?

Did anyone think the Broncos with dead armed Manning were going to stop the highest scoring offense in the league in the Super Bowl?

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

YOLOsubmarine posted:

Did anyone think the Broncos with dead armed Manning were going to stop the highest scoring offense in the league in the Super Bowl?

I think people forget just how badly Manning played in that loving game too.

For context:

Relentlessboredomm
Oct 15, 2006

YOLOsubmarine posted:

oh there are always surprises, im just saying im not betting on any NFC teams this year if its the bills/chiefs on the other side

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

oh there are always surprises, im just saying im not betting on any NFC teams this year if its the bills/chiefs on the other side

Never forget, a 10-6 fifth NFC seed defeated the unbeaten AFC juggernaut. You never know.

Relentlessboredomm
Oct 15, 2006

Silly Burrito posted:

Never forget, a 10-6 fifth NFC seed defeated the unbeaten AFC juggernaut. You never know.

cool, im still taking bills/chiefs over any nfc team this year. ya'll are basically just restating that the probability isn't 100%, which yea, no poo poo.

i mean cooked rear end matt ryan beat the chiefs this year before being benched. wild things happen all the time, but im not betting on the wildly unlikely thing to occur

three
Aug 9, 2007

i fantasize about ndamukong suh licking my doodoo hole

YOLOsubmarine posted:

Probably the people that let the turf be so lovely that offensive linemen were sliding like on ice while trying to block.

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

The Bills will be and should be favored by like 13.5 points over everyone but they’re still the Bills in a Super Bowl. There’s scary unnatural forces at work there.

Relentlessboredomm
Oct 15, 2006

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

The Bills will be and should be favored by like 13.5 points over everyone but they’re still the Bills in a Super Bowl. There’s scary unnatural forces at work there.

i assume the poor bills will lose another heartbreaker in the playoffs. otherwise id like to believe if they get through the chiefs/Bengals/etc they might be ready to get the monkey off their back

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

They’ll just lose to the Chiefs in the playoffs who in turn lose to the Bengals who win it all this year, inshallah.

Relentlessboredomm
Oct 15, 2006

YOLOsubmarine posted:

They’ll just lose to the Chiefs in the playoffs who in turn lose to the Bengals who win it all this year, inshallah.

i would actually love if the bengals win it this year

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

actually the much funnier outcome would be the Bills losing in the super bowl to the Giants

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Black Lighter
Sep 6, 2010

Just keep looking at what we're doing, keep watering and ask yourselves first and know 'Are you watering? And are you fertilizing every day?' So when it's time to pop, it'll pop.

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

Especially considering that they'll probably be playing an NFC East team