Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Outpost22
Oct 11, 2012

RIP Screamy You were too good for this world.

Pac and Cheese posted:

in the same vein as the good doctor now i'm craving a show about a cop on the spectrum

Monk? What ever happened to Tony Shaloub?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

poisonpill
Nov 8, 2009

The only way to get huge fast is to insult a passing witch and hope she curses you with Beast-strength.

super sweet best pal posted:

Gigli is on my to-watch list, but in the same category as Ishtar.

Ishtar is an all timer when it comes to bad movies. Very Miami Fonnection in its own way

stephenthinkpad
Jan 2, 2020
Well Ishtar has great actors, unlike Giggli

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

Star Trek: The Motion Picture is a boring movie
I actually kinda like Ishtar because it's so bad.

Rod Hoofhearted
Jun 18, 2000

I am a ghost

Is $67 million bad for Black Adam? I assume it needed to make over $100 million on opening weekend to be successful enough to unfuck WB.

X JAKK
Sep 1, 2000

We eat the pig then together we BURN

Outpost22 posted:

Monk? What ever happened to Tony Shaloub?

He was the most forgettable leading man ever in 13 Ghosts. Shaggy stole the show in that one.

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 4 days!

Bloody Hedgehog posted:

Everyone at RLM is a turbo square and probably haven't been within a mile of the devils lettuce at any point in their lives.

Because this comes up every so often, I took extensive notes:

Rich is teetotal, with vague hints of one or both of his parents being heavy alcoholics/drug users being given as the reason why he was raised by his grandmother

Jay drinks but has said that he otherwise has no interest in recreational drugs

Mike has no time for other narcotics as they would just get in the way of his alcoholism

Jack is sober now (IIRC), but has said that in his younger days he used to get high all the time, probably due to growing up on a farm and not having a whole lot else to do. I think he said that he used to crush up his ADD/ADHD/whatever medicine and mix it in with his weed, or something like that

Josh is high on life (and his own farts :v:)

Stink Billyums
Jul 7, 2006

MAGNUM
the most remarkable thing about ishtar was the budget. one of the most expensive movies ever made at the time and it looked like poo poo in addition to being unfunny.

colonelwest
Jun 30, 2018

*clicking sounds

3,2,3,4,4,2,3 and…

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z6_Odb-Bd1E

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?

Rod Hoofhearted posted:

Is $67 million bad for Black Adam? I assume it needed to make over $100 million on opening weekend to be successful enough to unfuck WB.

A superhero movie not breaking 100 mil at the box office is an unmitigated disaster because even the cheap ones cost a fortune to make.

Brazilianpeanutwar
Aug 27, 2015

Spent my walletfull, on a jpeg, desolate, will croberts make a whale of me yet?

If you cover up the bags on the ground with your thumb then it looks realistic,the horrible bag shadows ruin it.

sure okay
Apr 7, 2006

Brazilianpeanutwar posted:

If you cover up the bags on the ground with your thumb then it looks realistic,the horrible bag shadows ruin it.

You sure it's not the Street FIghter lookin rear end people in the background that ruin the realism?

(I did not make this gif lol)

LazyMaybe
Aug 18, 2013

oouagh
I didn't even notice the bags or their shadows at all until just now. the way his body moves doesn't look natural

Randarkman
Jul 18, 2011

For whatever reason I looked up a Gregory Scott Cummins, star of Hack-o-Lantern and Action USA and recurring actor on IASIP, earlier today and have had this picture of him open in a tab all day.

LanceHunter
Nov 12, 2016

Beautiful People Club

Arc Hammer posted:

A superhero movie not breaking 100 mil at the box office is an unmitigated disaster because even the cheap ones cost a fortune to make.

Black Adam's budget was estimated at $195 million. It's probably going to make that much back internationally, but not domestically. Its opening weekend was comparable to that of Aquaman, but that movie had long legs (and made an insane amount of money in China, while Black Adam hasn't even been approved to be released in China yet).

So, much like Don't Worry Darling, it's not going to be a studio-breaking flop. But it's also not going to save the day.

colonelwest
Jun 30, 2018

Sydney Bottocks posted:

Josh has recorded hundreds of hours of himself pedantically over-intellectualizing trash movies. And he watches it all on a constant loop as a replacement for booze, drugs and sex.

colonelwest fucked around with this message at 16:02 on Oct 24, 2022

poisonpill
Nov 8, 2009

The only way to get huge fast is to insult a passing witch and hope she curses you with Beast-strength.

Randarkman posted:

For whatever reason I looked up a Gregory Scott Cummins, star of Hack-o-Lantern and Action USA and recurring actor on IASIP, earlier today and have had this picture of him open in a tab all day.

X Jakk???

kdrudy
Sep 19, 2009

Randarkman posted:

Don't forget Stone Cold

kalel
Jun 19, 2012

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p7OUQ9U2qIw

"from the creators of dark" is enough to grab my attention but I hope it doesn't devolve into as much writing into a corner and lost-y plotting as that series did

that said ever since I beat "return of the obra dinn" I've been looking for media to scratch the Ocean Madness itch

not trolled not crying
Jan 29, 2007

21st Century Awezome Man

Rod Hoofhearted posted:

It's mediocre, I guess. I just read that it's actually The Rock's biggest opening weekend as the lead which seems really low considering how he has been the "biggest movie star and most famous brand/person/action man" for a decade now. Maybe it's true that actors themselves aren't the draw anymore, but when you have the biggest star + superhero moopie combo and still can't come close to 100 mil which is like the bare minimum for these cape shits, it's weak.
Maybe there's still hope and people are getting tired of this poo poo.

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

Sydney Bottocks posted:

Because this comes up every so often, I took extensive notes:

Rich is teetotal, with vague hints of one or both of his parents being heavy alcoholics/drug users being given as the reason why he was raised by his grandmother

Jay drinks but has said that he otherwise has no interest in recreational drugs

Mike has no time for other narcotics as they would just get in the way of his alcoholism

Jack is sober now (IIRC), but has said that in his younger days he used to get high all the time, probably due to growing up on a farm and not having a whole lot else to do. I think he said that he used to crush up his ADD/ADHD/whatever medicine and mix it in with his weed, or something like that

mike told a story once about going to a movie with a friend who was high that made it abundantly clear that he had never touched a single drug in his life

stephenthinkpad
Jan 2, 2020
No drugs and no video game. Mike is a very pious man.

colonelwest
Jun 30, 2018

stephenthinkpad posted:

No drugs and no video game. Mike is a very pious man.

He’s practically a cloistered monk by Midwest standards.

mutantIke
Oct 24, 2022

Born in '04
Certified Zoomer
Nobody in the RLM crew smokes weed because Tim Higgins smokes enough weed for the 6 of them combined

Poo In An Alleyway
Feb 12, 2016

Randarkman posted:

Mr Mac

e: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TCQt3lnOKSA

Poo In An Alleyway fucked around with this message at 16:22 on Oct 24, 2022

colonelwest
Jun 30, 2018

mutantIke posted:

Nobody in the RLM crew smokes weed because Tim Higgins smokes enough weed for the 6 of them combined

colonelwest fucked around with this message at 16:25 on Oct 24, 2022

thoughts and prayers
Apr 22, 2013

Love heals all wounds. We hope you continually carry love in your heart. Today and always, may loving memories bring you peace, comfort, and strength. We sympathize with the family of (Name). We shall never forget you in our prayers and thoughts. I am at a loss for words during this sorrowful time.

kalel posted:

"from the creators of dark" is enough to grab my attention but I hope it doesn't devolve into as much writing into a corner and lost-y plotting as that series did

that said ever since I beat "return of the obra dinn" I've been looking for media to scratch the Ocean Madness itch

Event Horizon meets Titanic meets Rubik's Pyramid Hellraiser?

DaysBefore
Jan 24, 2019

They accidentally hot micced themseleves talking about smoking up a couple times on Pre-Rec (but nobody has ever watched Pre-Rec so it's understandable to not know this lore)

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

Star Trek: The Motion Picture is a boring movie

not trolled not crying posted:

It's mediocre, I guess. I just read that it's actually The Rock's biggest opening weekend as the lead which seems really low considering how he has been the "biggest movie star and most famous brand/person/action man" for a decade now. Maybe it's true that actors themselves aren't the draw anymore, but when you have the biggest star + superhero moopie combo and still can't come close to 100 mil which is like the bare minimum for these cape shits, it's weak.
Maybe there's still hope and people are getting tired of this poo poo.

Tom Cruise is the only 'movie star' left. Top Gun 2 just left the top 10.

Crescent Wrench
Sep 30, 2005

The truth is usually just an excuse for a lack of imagination.
Grimey Drawer
Jack was a huge pothead but eventually gave it up (and later got sober entirely). He also once told a story on Pre Rec about how he and his friends were going to drop acid in college and read that citrus enhanced the experience, which lead to someone walking in on them in the middle of their trip, sprawled out on the floor, surrounded by bottles of orange juice and watching the Lion King.

Pac and Cheese
Oct 29, 2010

gotta walk fast

kalel posted:

dark was cool until jonas and whats her name grandfather paradox themselves out of existence and literally sparkle away into the wind, just like every hacky time travel story

at least season 2 is an absolute masterpiece if you think it's actually going somewhere

Pac and Cheese
Oct 29, 2010

gotta walk fast
the love death robots ep 'bad travelling' is the closest thing to obra dinn if you haven't seen it

No Mods No Masters
Oct 3, 2004

https://twitter.com/TheAVClub/status/1584550417387892736

Sunk Dunk
Apr 14, 2021
50 year olds know what the kids want

Randarkman
Jul 18, 2011

Crescent Wrench posted:

Jack was a huge pothead but eventually gave it up (and later got sober entirely). He also once told a story on Pre Rec about how he and his friends were going to drop acid in college and read that citrus enhanced the experience, which lead to someone walking in on them in the middle of their trip, sprawled out on the floor, surrounded by bottles of orange juice and watching the Lion King.

Maybe that's why I got it into my head to basically eat a mountain of mangoes and oranges.

Pac and Cheese
Oct 29, 2010

gotta walk fast
wait is damon lindelof supposed to be bad now, i thought everybody liked the leftovers and the watchmen tv series

not me, a man of the most sophisticated taste who thought they were just okay

Sunk Dunk
Apr 14, 2021

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

pass it... pass it...... for the love of god take your hit and pass it and you can finish your anecdote after you pass it... PASS IT... PLEASE GOD PASS IT

Pac and Cheese
Oct 29, 2010

gotta walk fast
for the last time don't landis lip that loving blunt it's all soggy now

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kalel
Jun 19, 2012

Pac and Cheese posted:

dark was cool until jonas and whats her name grandfather paradox themselves out of existence and literally sparkle away into the wind, just like every hacky time travel story

at least season 2 is an absolute masterpiece if you think it's actually going somewhere

I acknowledge the spoiler but I still think it ended better than lost, whose finale was a veritable bukkake of janky closure