Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Antiquated Pants
Feb 23, 2011

Oh god I'm so lonely in here...
:negative:

The ripped-Mac arc was a comedy gold-mine, of course, but I have to admit the finale caught me totally off guard. The prison sequence where his dad laughed about the name and didn't stay to watch the dance then even Frank stood up and finally said "I get it" really struck a chord with me. I thought I was gonna roll my eyes at some weirdo performance but by the end I was wellin' up, and still do on rewatches. It's crazy what this man went through to make a statement and just threw it on the show... It really doesn't "fit" and yet, totally does. Either way it helps me love supporting this loving crazy show!

:69snypa:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

anatomi
Jan 31, 2015

Do we have a thread about TRT?

Edit: vv Thanks!

anatomi fucked around with this message at 16:33 on Oct 21, 2022

No Dignity
Oct 15, 2007

anatomi posted:

Do we have a thread about TRT?

I think there's one in the drugs forum?

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slægt skal følge slægters gang

Mister Speaker posted:

Nine hours sleep is plenty. Proper sleep is part of any bodybuilding or athletic routine, because that's when your body does most of its repairing.

I know all of this. I've done a couple of cycles myself. Steroids + dedication, personal trainers and dieticians is what runs Hollywood. Again, what I'm curious about is exactly what that timeframe was. He went from Fat Mac back to normal (maybe a bit better shape than before) for a season, then took ___ time to become Ripped Mac. Does anyone know how long they break shooting between seasons? A year would be more than enough time given all of the above but I'm curious if it was less.

he literally says in the instagram post that it took 6-7 months to go from normal to ripped

Mister Speaker
May 8, 2007

WE WILL CONTROL
ALL THAT YOU SEE
AND HEAR
Did he? I didn't remember him being that explicit about the timeframe. If that's true, six months is impressive even with gear. Although he has a good baseline as an already-fit dude.

Yeah the dance routine totally caught me off guard too. The gang has such a penchant for doing stuff just for the hell of it I didn't think there'd be some grand finale to it. Learning a choreographed interpretive dance while getting ripped makes that even more impressive. When himbos put their minds to things, I guess...

DOPE FIEND KILLA G
Jun 4, 2011

i could get that fit easy. no fancy drugs or nothin

Scott Forstall
Aug 16, 2003

MMM THAT FAUX LEATHER
live show episode is okay, feels a lot like

as they rattle off the references and whatever for the crowd's drunken approval.

FireWorksWell
Nov 27, 2014

Let's go do some hero shit!

That's about what I'd expect

ThisIsJohnWayne
Feb 23, 2007
Ooo! Look at me! NO DON'T LOOK AT ME!

Randarkman posted:

For whatever reason I looked up a Gregory Scott Cummins, star of Hack-o-Lantern and Action USA and recurring actor on IASIP, earlier today and have had this picture of him open in a tab all day.

Mister Speaker
May 8, 2007

WE WILL CONTROL
ALL THAT YOU SEE
AND HEAR
Lol that pic

Luther would have been a much better bit character if they'd leaned into the 'he doesn't blink' thing right from the start. Don't even mention it for a few seasons, don't draw attention to it just cut every shot in which he blinks.

Super Deuce
May 25, 2006
TOILETS
Oh, I like the smell of my own dumps.
Live show podcast was okay. I think there might be something wrong with me, but I can't stand crowds like that. Well, let me amend that. I can observe crowds like that, but I can't for the life of me understand participating in crowds like that. An example is how terrible Rocky Horror shows are.

Show seemed good though. Felt convention-y, but that makes sense. It essentially is a convention panel. Maybe I hate fun. I also don't understand why people raise their arms on rollercoasters. Being drunk would help.

ShoogaSlim
May 22, 2001

YOU ARE THE DUMBEST MEATHEAD IDIOT ON THE PLANET, STOP FUCKING POSTING

haven't watched/heard the new episode yet, but i understand the sentiment in a way.

i went to go see bo burnham's netflix special "inside" in a theater here in LA even tho i had already saw it at home. i went into it with the conviction that i was going to take this comedy thing very seriously bc i appreciate it as a work of art etc blablabla. then people started clapping and singing along to the songs and i was annoyed at first that they weren't "respecting" in a way i anticipated. but toward the end i gave in and had a much better time overall by not letting myself be too serious about it.

i can imagine there's parallels there for the iasip live show and many other media consumption vehicles.

Takes No Damage
Nov 20, 2004

The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents. We live on a placid island of ignorance in the midst of black seas of infinity, and it was not meant that we should voyage far.

Grimey Drawer
I usually listen to the podcast the night it drops, then eventually go back and creep the video later in the week. But I could tell this one had video throughout so I waited and watched it just now. I thought it was pretty great, pretty much just a normal episode of the podcast but with short fan interaction bits peppered in, which I will gladly trade for not having to sit through ad breaks :homebew:

All the stuff with Meg being the Pod Mom was cute as hell and everyone seemed to have a great time. They barely talked about the episodes but what else is new. For this being their first set of live shows A+ all around.

CPColin
Sep 9, 2003

Big ol' smile.
Meg getting shy when the crowd was chanting her name and then her being part of the Stage Freeze at the end was adorable :3:

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius
It was fun, but the guy dressed as day man who kept trying to include himself was annoying.

Scott Forstall
Aug 16, 2003

MMM THAT FAUX LEATHER

Cojawfee posted:

It was fun, but the guy dressed as day man who kept trying to include himself was annoying.

No Dignity
Oct 15, 2007

Cojawfee posted:

He was just leaning into the character

The Sean
Apr 17, 2005

Am I handsome now?

I cannot find a beige eyepatch to go with my Liam McPoyle costume for next weekend. Does anyone have a link handy? Please and thank you.

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
Isn't it just one of these

https://www.nexcare.com/3M/en_US/ne...94529207&rt=rud

They should be at any pharmacy

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
lol wtf https://www.redbubble.com/i/mask/Liam-Mcpoyle-Eye-Patch-by-cordanjollins/44714985.9G0D8

Slightly Absurd
Mar 22, 2004

The Sean posted:

I cannot find a beige eyepatch to go with my Liam McPoyle costume for next weekend. Does anyone have a link handy? Please and thank you.

in the live show, there was a guy dressed as Liam who used a woman's pasty for his eye, and it looked pretty good

The Sean
Apr 17, 2005

Am I handsome now?

moist turtleneck posted:

Isn't it just one of these

https://www.nexcare.com/3M/en_US/ne...94529207&rt=rud

They should be at any pharmacy

Thanks. For some reason I thought there was a string but this is actually on point. It was oddly hard to find one with a string that wasn't black. I plan on painting an eyeball on to seal the deal.

Slightly Absurd posted:

in the live show, there was a guy dressed as Liam who used a woman's pasty for his eye, and it looked pretty good

Thank you, too. I'm currently watching it at work rn so I haven't gotten there yet.

edit: lol, just got to that part; they did a good job.

lmfao this product is weird as gently caress

The Sean fucked around with this message at 17:05 on Oct 25, 2022

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slægt skal følge slægters gang

not what I expected lmao

DrVenkman
Dec 28, 2005

I think he can hear you, Ray.

Super Deuce posted:

Live show podcast was okay. I think there might be something wrong with me, but I can't stand crowds like that. Well, let me amend that. I can observe crowds like that, but I can't for the life of me understand participating in crowds like that. An example is how terrible Rocky Horror shows are.

Show seemed good though. Felt convention-y, but that makes sense. It essentially is a convention panel. Maybe I hate fun. I also don't understand why people raise their arms on rollercoasters. Being drunk would help.

There's something off about a crowd that cheers at podcast bits. We're in full "I'd buy that for a dollar!" territory now.

mutantIke
Oct 24, 2022

Born in '04
Certified Zoomer
I think Sunny fans just suck. Have you ever seen that taped performance of Nightman Cometh live? You can barely hear them sing, everyone is drunkenly singing along

Professor Wayne
Aug 27, 2008

So, Harvey, what became of the giant penny?

They actually let him keep it.
That sounds fun though

mutantIke
Oct 24, 2022

Born in '04
Certified Zoomer
You underestimate how drunk I'm talking here

CPColin
Sep 9, 2003

Big ol' smile.
And that's mostly a mixing problem on the DVD; they could have turned down the audience mics during the songs. Though I agree, the guy who yelled "Rhea Perlman!" when Rhea Perlman was on stage probably could have…not done that.

ChesterJT
Dec 28, 2003

Mounty Pumper's Flying Circus
Not sure why the podcast version has to start with 15 minutes of pointless Meg asides and doing dishes.

mutantIke posted:

I think Sunny fans just suck. Have you ever seen that taped performance of Nightman Cometh live? You can barely hear them sing, everyone is drunkenly singing along

Live crowds like that usually have a high enough rear end in a top hat ratio that it can't be helped.

Takes No Damage
Nov 20, 2004

The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents. We live on a placid island of ignorance in the midst of black seas of infinity, and it was not meant that we should voyage far.

Grimey Drawer

ChesterJT posted:

Not sure why the podcast version has to start with 15 minutes of pointless Meg asides and doing dishes.

It's because Meg is secretly the best part of the podcast and half the fun is watching the rest of the Sunnyverse slowly realize this.

ChesterJT posted:

Live crowds like that usually have a high enough rear end in a top hat ratio that it can't be helped.

Aren't panel/podcast shows like this expected to be at least a little bit interactive? You don't get dressed up and go to a theatre like that to sit quietly the whole time like you're watching a movie. As long as they're not derailing the whole show it's fine.

Lampsacus
Oct 21, 2008

Podcasts are so insanely parasocial that people will literally get up on stage and attempt to contribute to the conversation.

Professor Wayne
Aug 27, 2008

For anyone who hasn't watched it yet, do yourself a favor and just skip past the first 9 and a half minutes

ChesterJT
Dec 28, 2003

Mounty Pumper's Flying Circus

Takes No Damage posted:

Aren't panel/podcast shows like this expected to be at least a little bit interactive? You don't get dressed up and go to a theatre like that to sit quietly the whole time like you're watching a movie. As long as they're not derailing the whole show it's fine.

Crowds at live shows are like the inverse to the "a person is smart, people are dumb" rule. Crowd noise as a whole, cheering chanting and stuff, is great and expected. But there's always one rear end in a top hat who keeps yelling "WHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO" or whistling insanely loud or yelling something like "I love you Rob" when it's quiet and people are trying to talk and that's obnoxious as poo poo.

Super Deuce
May 25, 2006
TOILETS
Oh, I like the smell of my own dumps.
... So they're doing their anniversary live show as a paid stream? Yikes.

emanresu tnuocca
Sep 2, 2011

by Athanatos
Yeah I'll pass.

Aye Doc
Jul 19, 2007

Super Deuce posted:

... So they're doing their anniversary live show as a paid stream? Yikes.

lol this is what they dropped that teaser tweet about huh

only $12 if you pay now! $15 if you buy before the day of!!! $20 on the event date! to watch a video stream of a podcast. nah im good

Professor Wayne
Aug 27, 2008

Give me money. Money me! Money now! Me a money needing a lot now.

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

I DON'T GIVE A CRAP WHAT SHE BELIEVES THE HARRY POTTER BOOKS CHANGED MY LIFE #HUFFLEPUFF
How embarrassing for them. lol

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
lol that's really lovely

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aye Doc
Jul 19, 2007

the after-party is apparently a separate $10 fee as well. this is based off of what redditors are saying. lmao