Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

That's fewer than a typical WWE show

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

Black Adam opened the weekend with $67 million which is more than I would have guessed

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

SnakesRevenge posted:

Shattering the 180° rule

Yeah, there's 4 people having a conversation. You have to cut a lot to get coverage on everyone.

It's not the numbers, it's the technique.

Fangz
Jul 5, 2007

Oh I see! This must be the Bad Opinion Zone!
I wonder if they are editing around her saying something else in the original.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Looks like editing on par with Academy Award winning film for best editing Bohemian Rhapsody.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Fangz posted:

I wonder if they are editing around her saying something else in the original.

Maybe, the bad guys occupying the country are Intergang but it is basically just a name and you could slot in anybody else for the part.

Sanschel
Aug 9, 2002

The entire movie is edited like that and it’s no wonder it gave me anxiety.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

FlamingLiberal posted:

Black Adam opened the weekend with $67 million which is more than I would have guessed

Best opening Dwayne has gotten so far.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

MonsterEnvy posted:

Best opening Dwayne has gotten so far.

More than Hobbes and Shaw? Honestly surprising

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

One of the F&F movies opened with 150 million.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Did he get top billing in and F&F proper film, not spinoff?

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

He did in 6 and 7, yeah.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

CO-top billing!

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
https://twitter.com/MarvelStudios/status/1584575500311154688?t=YKP3I2YKOQlYw2lmSupSlw&s=19

i dunno i kinda hope it's just really serious for the trailer, and that the movie itself is still fun like the previous two

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

ngl, best part of that was the return of Gregg

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Is there a difference between the Quantum Realm and the Microverse in the comics

Rev. Bleech_
Oct 19, 2004

~OKAY, WE'LL DRINK TO OUR LEGS!~

site posted:

https://twitter.com/MarvelStudios/status/1584575500311154688?t=YKP3I2YKOQlYw2lmSupSlw&s=19

i dunno i kinda hope it's just really serious for the trailer, and that the movie itself is still fun like the previous two

am I nuts or was that a fuckin' Brood with a demigorgon face

Leon Trotsky 2012
Aug 27, 2009

YOU CAN TRUST ME!*

*Israeli Government-affiliated poster

FlamingLiberal posted:

Is there a difference between the Quantum Realm and the Microverse in the comics

Pretty sure they're the same thing.

theironjef
Aug 11, 2009

The archmage of unexpected stinks.

Arist posted:

ngl, best part of that was the return of Gregg

I must have blinked and missed him.

Barry Convex
Sep 1, 2005

Think of the good things, Pim! The good things!

Like Jesus, candy, and crackerjacks! Ice cream and cake and lots o'laffs!
Grandma, Grandpa, and Uncle Joe! Larry, Curly, and brother Moe!
No MODOK in that Quantumania trailer is disappointing. Oh well, next one in a few months.

on the DC front, Cavill confirms that he intends to return as Superman in future DC projects (I say "intends" because based on what the trades have reported, it's not actually clear yet whether any deal has been signed or when any such project might start production, though I'd guess it probably won't fall through)

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY

site posted:

:prepop:

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Kang looks so good.

I'm glad that they didn't try to hide that Cassie was gonna get a suit in there either.

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

FlamingLiberal posted:

"-verse" is used far too often these days, not even just for comicbook stuff. Happy it's not called the Microverse. But maybe in a couple years we'll be overrealm'd.

Fangz
Jul 5, 2007

Oh I see! This must be the Bad Opinion Zone!
bring back superman's moustache

Karloff
Mar 21, 2013

Barry Convex posted:

No MODOK in that Quantumania trailer is disappointing. Oh well, next one in a few months.

on the DC front, Cavill confirms that he intends to return as Superman in future DC projects (I say "intends" because based on what the trades have reported, it's not actually clear yet whether any deal has been signed or when any such project might start production, though I'd guess it probably won't fall through)

I think that is official confirmation pretty much. Just think they're letting him break the news, but they've supplied him with the promotional picture.

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

It would be peak WBD to hype up Cavill doing more Superman stuff and then a month later we find out that they lowballed him and he walked

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

I guess it's probably too late to replace Bill Murray.

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

It’s kind of darkly funny that the last movie focused on getting Janet back from the Quantum Realm and then in this movie she goes right back

SonicRulez
Aug 6, 2013

GOTTA GO FIST
I am so hype for Kang

BrianWilly
Apr 24, 2007

There is no homosexual terrorist Johnny Silverhand
Well, this seeming to be more of an ensemble film will hopefully cut down on Evangeline Lilly's screentime.

Also remember how I said the yellow of Wasp's suit should be brighter, well I take it back. I take it all back :sweatdrop:

Barry Convex
Sep 1, 2005

Think of the good things, Pim! The good things!

Like Jesus, candy, and crackerjacks! Ice cream and cake and lots o'laffs!
Grandma, Grandpa, and Uncle Joe! Larry, Curly, and brother Moe!

Karloff posted:

I think that is official confirmation pretty much. Just think they're letting him break the news, but they've supplied him with the promotional picture.

As of just a few days ago, the trades were reporting that Cavill hadn't actually signed a deal for any appearances beyond the Black Adam cameo. It's certainly possible that that changed in the past few days, or will change very shortly, but I think some modicum of skepticism is healthy

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY

BrianWilly posted:

Well, this seeming to be more of an ensemble film will hopefully cut down on Evangeline Lilly's screentime.

Also remember how I said the yellow of Wasp's suit should be brighter, well I take it back. I take it all back :sweatdrop:

I hope we get more Wasp kicking rear end and being ant-man's straight man.

Leon Trotsky 2012
Aug 27, 2009

YOU CAN TRUST ME!*

*Israeli Government-affiliated poster
That trailer further confirms my theory that the Ant-Man franchise is secretly a full employment program for people from the Tim & Eric-adjacent alt comedy world.

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

Leon Trotsky 2012 posted:

That trailer further confirms my theory that the Ant-Man franchise is secretly a full employment program for people from the Tim & Eric-adjacent alt comedy world.

Paul Rudd loves his homies.

Sanschel
Aug 9, 2002

FlamingLiberal posted:

Just that Microverse is a legally complicated term that Marvel can use in the comics but not any other media because they don’t actually own the rights to call it that (see also: Shuma-Gorath)

Jamesman
Nov 19, 2004

"First off, let me start by saying curly light blond hair does not suit Hyomin at all. Furthermore,"
Fun Shoe
I watched Love & Thunder last night. It was about on par with Ragnarok, meaning it was fun but kinda rushed through the actual story stuff to focus more on action and humor.

Also did they stop giving Thor two different eyes or did I just not notice?

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
I think Fahrenheit is better for weather

FlamingLiberal posted:

It would be peak WBD to hype up Cavill doing more Superman stuff and then a month later we find out that they lowballed him and he walked

Also, it turns out that they offered way more to someone else they settled on only for that person to go on a crime spree.

Alternatively, it the DC-verse will become a Orphan Black type thing, where Ezra Miller plays 90% of the characters.

cant cook creole bream fucked around with this message at 20:25 on Oct 24, 2022

Scaramouche
Mar 26, 2001

SPACE FACE! SPACE FACE!

Sanschel posted:

Just that Microverse is a legally complicated term that Marvel can use in the comics but not any other media because they don’t actually own the rights to call it that (see also: Shuma-Gorath)

Which is too bad because the toys were awesome and the comics weren't bad either

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer

BrianWilly posted:

I thought it looked pretty good personally. It is funny that the best Wasp suit is the one they just showed off but never used at the end of Ant-Man 1.

I wonder if they're gonna change Cassie's superhero name in the MCU. I hope so because "Stature" has always sounded dumb to me, I don't know if that's a hot take or not.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Creepy little garbage eaters

Good news, she currently uses the codename Stinger.