Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Minorkos
Feb 20, 2010

Herstory Begins Now posted:

support ults are much more impactful tho

for the most part yeah

ironically i think junkrat is surprisingly decent now because his ult is very good at getting low-risk pick-offs thanks to fewer barriers and fewer people to shoot at the tire

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

space kobold
Oct 3, 2009

YoshiOfYellow posted:

Lol something busted on the servers. Tried to load into Mystery Heroes and got into this bugged rear end room where our team is locked in spawn and the timer is frozen at 6:32 "Unspecified"

I had a real bonding experience with my fellow souls lost in limbo. Even left and was re-queued back into the same room, so I had to accept my fate.

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

How are they unable to get Torb and Bastion fixed for two weeks now?

Or is the idea to make Bastion a Season 2 character that you have to unlock?

Minorkos
Feb 20, 2010

Jack Trades posted:

How are they unable to get Torb and Bastion fixed for two weeks now?

I assume because Sony and Microsoft need to approve the update (for crossplay)

also big tech corporations are generally slow to get things done quickly

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
Bastion isn't playable at all, at least you can still play Torb

It's silly that one hero has basically been completely removed from the game for weeks now

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

Zzulu posted:

Bastion isn't playable at all, at least you can still play Torb

It's silly that one hero has basically been completely removed from the game for weeks now

Torb is locked out of Comp right now.

Delsaber
Oct 1, 2013

This may or may not be correct.

space kobold posted:

I had a real bonding experience with my fellow souls lost in limbo. Even left and was re-queued back into the same room, so I had to accept my fate.

It is every citizen's final duty to go into the tanks and become one with all the people.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.
Had a tank just absolutely flip out after the first team fight. We in fact won said teamfight but the tank did in fact die. Other player was playing Lucio and I was playing Kimiko. Definitely put heals into them as did the other one but they jumped out of our range and died, and I got killed from a Reign that we already killed but got rezzed.

I see the "I need healing" message as I'm leaving the safe zone, which I'm surprised because our team is still up and I figured I'd be heading behind them but whatever, I go back to the safe zone. Then they just start doing dozens of I need healing and they won't leave the safe zone. All right whatever, I start to go rejoin the team, The other healer actually comes back though as at this point the rest of the team has gone down. Dude still won't leave, we're getting wrecked at this point.

Eventually the spam stops as I assume they are typing the message which is "THE OTHER SIDE HAS A MERCY."

Like drat is it really like that now? Mercy only if the other team has Mercy?

dogstile
May 1, 2012

fucking clocks
how do they work?

Jack Trades posted:

250 is an instakill on everything that isn't a tank and it has 2m radius.

I just wanna point out that this change has actually way more of a problem than people think. You can no longer use Zarya bubble to block Rein shatters up close, it breaks the shield, THEN it knocks everyone.

You could also survive being that close to a Rein, lucio beat/zen trans would save you.

Oh and they changed this in OW1. They didn't make this change for 2.

Herstory Begins Now posted:

support ults are much more impactful tho

Also you absolutely know people who already have ults are plinking away at someone they're never going to kill, so they're just giving ult charge away for free.

dogstile fucked around with this message at 15:51 on Oct 24, 2022

BabyRyoga
May 21, 2001

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021
Yeah, it's like

Is the fight won?
Yes > Don't use ult
No > Coordinate best usage of ult, prepare to ult

Using ults to initiate is usually more impactful (even on something like Sound Barrier) than trying to counter enemy ult usage, so use those drat ults! Few exceptions, like Transcendence, or Graving a nano'ed Genji blade.

pointlessone
Aug 6, 2001

The Triad Frog is pleased with this custom title purchase.
Kiriko's ult is going to be the trigger for my inevitable stroke, I swear.

STAND IN THE BLUE PATCH IT MAKES YOU DO GOODER! That means you, 76, who just ran through it to get in front of the payload to pop visor completely outside of it. Right down the edge of the back side of the payload so you still have cover to duck behind, but it's fine, don't stand in it, I don't care. Someone's making toast and it smells good.

Ragequit
Jun 1, 2006

Lipstick Apathy
Enjoying OW2 so far, but holy moly it feels like every QP game has an insanely good Genji making my life hell as a support player. Though sometimes they are on my team which is great! I just did not see Genji this much in OW1 where I was ranked. Maybe it'll take a a little more time to get me where I should be for matchups.

AndrewP
Apr 21, 2010

I've been playing Brig for a little bit and suddenly Genji isn't as big of a problem anymore

dogstile
May 1, 2012

fucking clocks
how do they work?

pointlessone posted:

Kiriko's ult is going to be the trigger for my inevitable stroke, I swear.

STAND IN THE BLUE PATCH IT MAKES YOU DO GOODER! That means you, 76, who just ran through it to get in front of the payload to pop visor completely outside of it. Right down the edge of the back side of the payload so you still have cover to duck behind, but it's fine, don't stand in it, I don't care. Someone's making toast and it smells good.

Someone mentioned that uncharged Zarya in kirikos ult does as much damage as a full charged Zarya and I gotta tell ya, as someone who was just on the recieving end of that microwave, I believe it

leftist heap
Feb 28, 2013

Fun Shoe
I find Kiriko so unsatisfying to use even though her kit is pretty powerful. None of it feels fun to use to me.

Mister Fister
May 17, 2008

D&D: HASBARA SQUAD
KILL-GORE

I love the smell of dead Palestinians in the morning.
You know, one time we had Gaza bombed for 26 days
(and counting!)

leftist heap posted:

I find Kiriko so unsatisfying to use even though her kit is pretty powerful. None of it feels fun to use to me.

Watch ML7 play kiriko (although it takes an insane amount of skill to do what he does). Basically flanks and snipes with her while still putting out good heals. I can't watch ML7 for too long though, his herky jerky mouse movements make me want to puke.

headcase
Sep 28, 2001

leftist heap posted:

It looks amazingly fun when ml7 is playing with a genji and a lucio. I am not mechanically inclined enough to be a wall climbing flanking ninja that escapes at exactly the right moment. Yeah she is pretty boring backlining and healbotting and slow spamming.

e: oops i typed that, then took a work call, then posted it. Ditto i guess.

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

leftist heap posted:

her kit is meant to be straightforwards and easy to use, because the majority of her skill expression is tied up in being able to find appropriate angles where you can headshot snipe the backline while still being able to heal. if you're not scaling walls and finding dinks then, yeah, she's going to feel pretty dull, but you can still contribute meaningfully to your team's success even if your aim sucks, which is a good design goal to aim for

i think it's easy to fall into the habit of playing kiriko like, i dunno, zenyatta or mercy, but that's underselling the power of being able to twoshot anyone under 250 HP, which is the majority of the backline and skirmisher cast nowadays. the downside to this is that you gotta be able to aim and you gotta be willing to play ballsy, which means you will have plenty of games where you run up a wall, trace a perfect knife outline around their bap, and then get blown to kingdom come, but that comes with the territory of learning what's otherwise a wholly unique playstyle for a support

Kwolok
Jan 4, 2022
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_GXdwy7wnAA

leftist heap
Feb 28, 2013

Fun Shoe

ok yall have convinced me. powerful kit that is not fun for me to play!

Mister Fister
May 17, 2008

KILL-GORE

(and counting!)

leftist heap posted:

ok yall have convinced me. powerful kit that is not fun for me to play!

It's pretty fun (looking), it's just the overwhelming majority of people don't have the skill to play her lol.

Jack's Flow
Jun 6, 2003

Life, friends, is boring
I’m having a blast with this game and am now considering to upgrade my ancient pc so I can play and aim with a mouse instead of having to use a controller.

Also, I’ve been watching a ton of OW2 videos on YouTube to see different classes and maps, and I’d always dismissed Wrecking Ball until I watched some dude named Yeatle play the hamster. That rolling ball of metal is a menace in the hands of a really good player. Very entertaining too.

Just Chamber
Feb 10, 2014

WE MUST RETURN TO THE DANCE! THE NIGHT IS OURS!

Remember when you actually had a chance to earn the event skins instead of paying for them? Good times.

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
Yeah it's a weird event now

"Congrats, now you have the chance to pay us even more money!"

Mister Fister
May 17, 2008

KILL-GORE

(and counting!)
Started playing on my main account after ranking up with my alt.

If you guys want a huge laugh, watch the replay below:

Replay Code: 6JGHW3

My team commited probably the WORST C9 in the history of C9's, which is hilarious because we were kicking the other team's rear end hard. It's not even one of those 'heat of the moment' c9's... it's... well you have to watch.

The other team called us morons, we were confused as to why lmao, we even thought we capped that map too.

Edit: LMAO, i thought it was a bug when the scores was 1-1

Mister Fister fucked around with this message at 21:32 on Oct 24, 2022

Megazver
Jan 13, 2006
Well, the two new skins do look interesting. But gently caress buying them.

Issaries
Sep 15, 2008

"At the end of the day
We are all human beings
My father once told me that
The world has no borders"

Has anyone even seen any of the paid-only skins during matches?
I've seen some battle-pass skins and old stuff, but that's it

black.lion
Apr 1, 2004

For if he like a madman lived,
At least he like a wise one died.

adhuin posted:

Has anyone even seen any of the paid-only skins during matches?
I've seen some battle-pass skins and old stuff, but that's it

ive seen a few ppl w the sojourn detective skin

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

I like playing Kiriko even though I don't have the skill to be an assassin with her. Her healing is so easy to use since you don't really have to aim it, and though my aim's not great, I'm good enough to either make people that dive me back off or escape with teleport. But at my level her best asset is I can shoot at the people that are flanking or taking high ground that my teammates just completely ignore. "Hey, that Sojourn/Junk/Solder/Widow is on high ground shooting at us and nobody is looking at them! Someone do something? No, okay well at least I can poke at them and maybe land a headshot."

Also I feel like people don't ignore her ult as much as just about everyone else's. Though I also try to set it down where they pretty much have no choice but to be in it.

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

That was pretty intense, huh?

Finished the battle pass just now at what I'd consider was an average/casual pace to me. Really not that bad progression if you're playing the game (and enjoying it I guess, lmao). Value wise seems like it's ok tbh.

black.lion
Apr 1, 2004

For if he like a madman lived,
At least he like a wise one died.

i also like kiriko and am bad, i end most matches w like 20-25% critical acc and im fine w that bc i can heal as much as mercy at least, ive got timing on her prot suzu sorted for most ults, i love her escape/catch up to team that wont reset abiility, and somehow her thingies are easier to land on heads when im jumping arnd like an idiot in a close range duel so that fits my playstyle well

leftist heap
Feb 28, 2013

Fun Shoe

teagone posted:

Finished the battle pass just now at what I'd consider was an average/casual pace to me. Really not that bad progression if you're playing the game (and enjoying it I guess, lmao). Value wise seems like it's ok tbh.

I'm at level 23 at what I consider a casual pace.

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

leftist heap posted:

level 30 here. I know for sure I'm going to hate having the next hero locked for 6 weeks.

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

leftist heap posted:

Are you doing the dailiy and weekly challenges, endorsing after each match, queueing support or all role and/or playing with a friend or stack? Those all give XP bonuses that add up imo.

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

Make sure to play in the most efficient way. The fun is optional.

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

I've been having fun :shobon:

Gravitas Shortfall
Jul 17, 2007

Utility is seven-eighths Proximity.

I'm most of the way through the battlepass but I wonder how much of that is because of the XP boost from buying the Watchpoint pack. I'm not all that keen on buying passes in the future tbh.

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

Oh yeah that's an extra 20%. That for sure helped a lot since I'm guessing it also applied to the dailies/weeklies. I didn't spend the coins that came with the pack, so those have secured me two more battle passes at least.

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com

teagone posted:

I've been having fun :shobon:

yeah same

just dont play blackout drunk!! close but not quite!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

black.lion posted:

i also like kiriko and am bad, i end most matches w like 20-25% critical acc and im fine w that bc i can heal as much as mercy at least, ive got timing on her prot suzu sorted for most ults, i love her escape/catch up to team that wont reset abiility, and somehow her thingies are easier to land on heads when im jumping arnd like an idiot in a close range duel so that fits my playstyle well

generally speaking, your accuracy and crit are probably gonna be on the margins in an average match because a good portion of playing kiriko when there's no angle for doing a genji cosplay is finding the corner the enemy team is peeking and then spamming knives down it when you don't need to heal

most people are gonna panic and retreat when half their health vanishes instantly so it's a good way to enact area denial, or at least force them more out into the open for the rest of your team to shoot