Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

Only if it’s Hailee Steinfeld in a blonde wig.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

My incredible goodposting transcends time and space but still it cannot transform the xbone into a good console.
Lipstick Apathy

chitoryu12 posted:

Only if it’s Hailee Steinfeld in a blonde wig.

Is Hawkeye in disguise in that one?

Anyway... I liked it better when Johnny Blaze had escaped the curse, and was still a big player in Danny Ketch's Ghost Rider book. Still plenty for Nick Cage to do!

Oasx
Oct 11, 2006

Freshly Squeezed
The first trailer for Ant-Man and the Wasp: Quantumania is out
https://twitter.com/MCU_Direct/status/1584575710789763076?s=20&t=_p2vNCVfl-2etV-oKjsHpw

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
Hate to say it but that trailer isn't really doing it for me. An entire movie of crazy quantum world graphics feels like too much on top of MoM and Thor 4, I really wanted this to be another fun mostly street level romp

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

The visuals look cool but the jump from goofy Scott Lang getting unintentionally dunked on by people to sudden epic grandeur felt very off tone-wise. I mean, it's a trailer so who knows what the movie will actually be like, but not EVERY movie needs to be the obliteration of all time and space at stakes type stuff. The name of the film indicates goofiness but the trailer doesn't really match.

Anyways, regardless, I think I saw a Mindless One in there so I guess I'll be going to see it!

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

I mean this movie appears to be the proper introduction of Kang so I would expect it to be a lot darker than the last Ant-Man movie, which was pretty light

Firebert
Aug 16, 2004
I'm digging the full MCU Kang look though

enki42
Jun 11, 2001
#ATMLIVESMATTER

Put this Nazi-lover on ignore immediately!

FlamingLiberal posted:

I mean this movie appears to be the proper introduction of Kang so I would expect it to be a lot darker than the last Ant-Man movie, which was pretty light

Maybe don't introduce your universe ending level threat in the "funny guy gets small and punches people" franchise though

Marvel needs to bring everything down a whole lot of notches. Post-Endgame was a great opportunity to do that, but outside of She-Hulk and Hawkeye they really haven't. Even Ms. Marvel had to cram in the possible destruction of the universe in there.

AngryBooch
Sep 26, 2009
https://twitter.com/BAKKOOONN/status/1413687517291991040

We need a good Hat movie.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

AngryBooch posted:

Just watch the Crank Dat Killer episode of Atlanta twice!

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

The thing about Ant-Man is that it was kind of both "stoned" and "hat", and this is going much further in the former direction

I'm excited, though

Sockser
Jun 28, 2007

This world only remembers the results!

I am pretty jazzed about Ant-Man, and Kang, and Bill Murray, but I expect this to very much fall into the pattern of even-numbered Thor movies in being entirely forgettable

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Ant-Man is my favorite MCU Avenger :)

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
All I want for Ant-Man is for Kate Bishop to recruit Cassie in the post credit scene :pray:

Rappaport
Oct 2, 2013

Hell yes, give me the goofiest CGI cosmic Marvel nonsense :catdrugs:

ONE YEAR LATER
Apr 13, 2004

Fry old buddy, it's me, Bender!
Oven Wrangler

A shrinking suit where the steering wheel does not fly off

AgentHaiTo
Feb 7, 2003

Well, isn't this a coincidence? So, um, how you doing? You're busy, I know and I don't want to distract you, please, don't let me interrupt you.
Was that Rom the Space Knight?

live with fruit
Aug 15, 2010

Rarity posted:

All I want for Ant-Man is for Kate Bishop to recruit Cassie in the post credit scene :pray:

Looks like Cassie is going to have to be the one doing the recruiting since it looks like she's the one who fucks everything up.

LividLiquid
Apr 13, 2002

Can we be done with the whole slow pathos version of one of our parents and the target audience's grandparents' pop songs in trailers already? That was like a parody of every movie trailer for the past decade and told me nothing about what kind of movie this is actually going to be.

Give me Don Lafontaine badly describing an entire plot again over this tired mess. It was good when it was first done. We're over it now.

Soonmot
Dec 19, 2002

Entrapta fucking loves robots

Grimey Drawer

LividLiquid posted:

Can we be done with the whole slow pathos version of one of our parents and the target audience's grandparents' pop songs in trailers already? That was like a parody of every movie trailer for the past decade and told me nothing about what kind of movie this is actually going to be.

Give me Don Lafontaine badly describing an entire plot again over this tired mess. It was good when it was first done. We're over it now.

That wasn't the Elton John version? I'm on my phone but I thought it was the original

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

Derpmph trial star reporter!

AngryBooch posted:

looking at the upcoming releases and maybe Cap 4? in 2024

wish they would tone down some of the weird worlds stuff but I guess that's what the D+ shows are for now

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Creepy little garbage eaters

Soonmot posted:

That wasn't the Elton John version? I'm on my phone but I thought it was the original

It's a remix of the original with some synth and orchestral flourishes thrown in. So not quite the ubiquitous downtempo acoustic cover so many trailers love, but it's in the same neighborhood.

Old Kentucky Shark
May 25, 2012

If you think you're gonna get sympathy from the shark, well then, you won't.

kazil posted:

looking at the upcoming releases and maybe Cap 4? in 2024
Despite the presence of aliens, Secret Invasion looks pretty hat-ty.

tsob
Sep 26, 2006

Chalalala~

Wasn't M.O.D.O.K in the trailer shown at Comic-Con? Am I just missing him here, was he cut for this trailer to keep a more serious tone or was I imagining people talking about him in Quantumania?

Jerusalem posted:

The visuals look cool but the jump from goofy Scott Lang getting unintentionally dunked on by people to sudden epic grandeur felt very off tone-wise. I mean, it's a trailer so who knows what the movie will actually be like, but not EVERY movie needs to be the obliteration of all time and space at stakes type stuff. The name of the film indicates goofiness but the trailer doesn't really match.

It doesn't appear to be threatening an obliteration of all of time and space, and instead seems to be setting Scott up to have to decide between helping Kang get access to the normal MCU universe where he'll presumably start an invasion, or staying stuck in the Quantum Realm. With the offer of more time with Cassie on the line for good measure. Kang isn't going to obliterate anything; just take it over.

AgentHaiTo posted:

Was that Rom the Space Knight?

You mean this guy?

Doesn't look like it to me, if you do. I don't see anyone else in the trailer it could be, but I also may just have missed M.O.D.O.K, so that's not saying much.

Leon Trotsky 2012
Aug 27, 2009

YOU CAN TRUST ME!*

*Israeli Government-affiliated poster

tsob posted:

Wasn't M.O.D.O.K in the trailer shown at Comic-Con? Am I just missing him here, was he cut for this trailer to keep a more serious tone or was I imagining people talking about him in Quantumania?

It doesn't appear to be threatening an obliteration of all of time and space, and instead seems to be setting Scott up to have to decide between helping Kang get access to the normal MCU universe where he'll presumably start an invasion, or staying stuck in the Quantum Realm. With the offer of more time with Cassie on the line for good measure. Kang isn't going to obliterate anything; just take it over.

You mean this guy?

Doesn't look like it to me, if you do. I don't see anyone else in the trailer it could be, but I also may just have missed M.O.D.O.K, so that's not saying much.

It's a different trailer from the Comic-Con one. A lot of similar footage, but they cut a little bit (including M.O.D.O.K.) and added a few seconds of new footage at the beginning.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

tsob posted:

You mean this guy?

That guy is the one I thought looked kinda like a Mindless One, even if he appeared to be moving with a lot more purpose and "mind" than those so probably not.

Firebert
Aug 16, 2004

tsob posted:

They also cut the part when Kang asks Scott if he's killed him before

Hobo Clown
Oct 16, 2012

Here it is, Baby.
Your killer track.

Wait so did Michael Peña get sucked into the Quantum Realm too or is this movie already the worst of the trilogy

tsob
Sep 26, 2006

Chalalala~

Hobo Clown posted:

Wait so did Michael Peña get sucked into the Quantum Realm too or is this movie already the worst of the trilogy

Maybe Luis will act as a framing device, telling the story to someone with occasional interjections throughout the movie? As is, he doesn't appear to be in that scene of them getting sucked into the quantum realm, or any of the trailer. He is listed on the Ant-man: Quantumania Wikipedia page as being cast in the movie, for what that's worth. He probably just has a small role.

enki42
Jun 11, 2001
#ATMLIVESMATTER

Put this Nazi-lover on ignore immediately!

tsob posted:

This kinda feels like quibbling. Whether Kang is threatening to directly destroy all life or just get access to the non quantum universe (so he can rule over all life) still doesn't really make it a lighthearted romp.

I will say the old "thank you spider man" guy makes me giggle in everything he shows up in.

Lunatic Sledge
Jun 8, 2013

choose your own horror isekai sci-fi Souls-like urban fantasy gamer simulator adventure

or don't?

enki42 posted:

This kinda feels like quibbling. Whether Kang is threatening to directly destroy all life or just get access to the non quantum universe (so he can rule over all life) still doesn't really make it a lighthearted romp.

I will say the old "thank you spider man" guy makes me giggle in everything he shows up in.

it's actually gonna be Kang the Conga-er, dude loves to party

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

Derpmph trial star reporter!

have Kang and Krang ever teamed up in any media and if not why is the universe so cruel?

MokBa
Jun 8, 2006

If you see something suspicious, bomb it!

enki42 posted:

I wonder if Scott and Janet have grown close in the last couple years.

Everyone
Sep 6, 2019

by sebmojo

MokBa posted:

I wonder if Scott and Janet have grown close in the last couple years.

Presumably. On the other hand did Janet seem not especially present in that trailer or am I just missing stuff? I'm wondering if maybe her COVID anti-vax BS got her character "De-emphasized" or something.

Marsupial Ape
Dec 15, 2020
the mod team violated the sancity of my avatar

Everyone posted:

Presumably. On the other hand did Janet seem not especially present in that trailer or am I just missing stuff? I'm wondering if maybe her COVID anti-vax BS got her character "De-emphasized" or something.

She shows up in the action scenes. She has has a bob-cut, now, so that may have thrown you off.

Oasx
Oct 11, 2006

Freshly Squeezed

LividLiquid posted:

That was like a parody of every movie trailer for the past decade and told me nothing about what kind of movie this is actually going to be.

It's a teaser trailer, it's not supposed to tell what the movie is about, the purpose is to make you aware that the movie is coming out and to start getting excited. The proper trailer comes later.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
Janet is Michelle Pfieffer, Hope is the one with the terrible haircut

XboxPants
Jan 30, 2006

Steven doesn't want me watching him sleep anymore.

Rarity posted:

Janet is Michelle Pfieffer, Hope is the one with the terrible haircut

thank gently caress somebody else said it, i don't wanna be judgy but oof

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

tsob posted:

Maybe Luis will act as a framing device, telling the story to someone with occasional interjections throughout the movie? As is, he doesn't appear to be in that scene of them getting sucked into the quantum realm, or any of the trailer. He is listed on the Ant-man: Quantumania Wikipedia page as being cast in the movie, for what that's worth. He probably just has a small role.

Kang actually learns everything about everyone from Luis.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sivart13
May 18, 2003
I have neglected to come up with a clever title
I watched Werewolf by Night and liked it

it's just odd that the titular werewolf gets shown up in his own movie, you're trying to make me think this werewolf is a really big deal right after showing some kind of plant guy who can pick you up and turn you to dust maybe

also: I happened to immediately watch the movie Old on the same night as WBY and didn't realize that it was Gael García Bernal in both movies until I read about it afterwards. perhaps I was very sleepy or everyone looks a little different in black-and-white with speckle face

Technowolf posted:

The animatronic they used for Man-Thing/Ted in Werewolf by Night: https://imgur.com/gallery/REgNUlM
home I can hang out with this homeboy at Avengers' Campus someday

Sivart13 fucked around with this message at 06:15 on Oct 25, 2022