Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

mrmcd
Feb 22, 2003

Pictured: The only good cop (a fictional one).

Is the Onion pet actually worth it for the mega seeds? After this event I'll have extra silver while being AK limited for a while.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

mrmcd posted:

Is the Onion pet actually worth it for the mega seeds? After this event I'll have extra silver while being AK limited for a while.

Piggy backing on this which pet is the best one to max first? I haven't unlocked the tower yet but I'm coming in close to my next billion and I think a pet might be a good choice since I'm getting locked out of quests due to the lack of rune stones.

H110Hawk
Dec 28, 2006

MarcusSA posted:

Piggy backing on this which pet is the best one to max first? I haven't unlocked the tower yet but I'm coming in close to my next billion and I think a pet might be a good choice since I'm getting locked out of quests due to the lack of rune stones.

I think I did the macaw first but probably the tarantula? Look at what you need vs what they offer and let that guide you. It's pretty funny how fast silver starts coming in with the higher exploration zones and when you start gm'ing basic stuff like iron rings and twine.

The library has a guide as well.

The owl is the worst pet to hit 6 on.

Kalman
Jan 17, 2010

mrmcd posted:

It's pretty nice getting an extra ~100 beets a day, ngl. I'm GMing beets in the next day or two; sure, a bunch of that is from the exchange center trade, but the steady ~12 mega seeds a day definitely does not hurt.

H110Hawk
Dec 28, 2006
I'm up to needing 201 ROAS and...what? Are they a later reward for other Halloween quests or am I missing something?

rafikki
Mar 8, 2008

I see what you did there. (It's pretty easy, since ducks have a field of vision spanning 340 degrees.)

~SMcD

H110Hawk posted:

I'm up to needing 201 ROAS and...what? Are they a later reward for other Halloween quests or am I missing something?

Hopefully from the haunted house or something.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

H110Hawk posted:

Yeah there’s probably gonna be a drop or something because there’s like no real way to get that many lol

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

You can get one of the rats from the mailboxes. I forget the password but it's on buddy.farm.

Kaboobi
Jan 5, 2005

SHAKE IT BABY!
SALT THAT LADY!

the haunted house will probably contain the ROUS/candy drops

LLSix
Jan 20, 2010

The real power behind countless overlords

I'm not sure what I want to spend gold on. Or rather, there's nothing left that seems exciting. I got a ton of gold from this event and I've got 275 between that and what I'd had saved. Debating between:

A) More mailbox slots - currently have 20

B) More Craftworks slots - currently only have 1
I don't love craftworks because it doesn't count for some things, so it's mostly a way to avoid voiding stuff overnight, and while there are a few things I void overnight, not doing that wouldn't add up to much extra silver/day. Plus, it's nice to wake up and be able to do a big crafting splurge.

C) Sprint Shoes II (I've already got Sprint Shoes I)

D) Miscellaneous upgrades -
Collect-o-matic and Pet Whistle (50)
Wheel Boost & Wheel Bonus (125)

E) Comedy option: Grape Juice Fountain

I don't have the inventory space for the Orchard Land upgrades to be useful.

MarcusSA posted:

Before spending 1 billion on a crop row,

After ,

lol

Edit lol

Congratulations! I'm a bit further behind you than I thought. 77/65/87/65 (I was 65 farming when the event started but buying the 100mill crop row was a huge chunk of xp)

StupidSexyMothman
Aug 9, 2010

rats are mailbox passwords (100 each):
thomas is scared of worms
Rosalie Rosalie Rosalie

H110Hawk
Dec 28, 2006

LLSix posted:

I'm not sure what I want to spend gold on.

I would save for orchard as you will want it soon enough. Or sprint shoes.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

I’d definitely increase the mailbox too.

It’s a lot easier when you get stuff from the giveaways channel.

Ruggan
Feb 20, 2007
WHAT THAT SMELL LIKE?!

LLSix posted:

I'm not sure what I want to spend gold on. Or rather, there's nothing left that seems exciting. I got a ton of gold from this event and I've got 275 between that and what I'd had saved. Debating between:

A) More mailbox slots - currently have 20

B) More Craftworks slots - currently only have 1
I don't love craftworks because it doesn't count for some things, so it's mostly a way to avoid voiding stuff overnight, and while there are a few things I void overnight, not doing that wouldn't add up to much extra silver/day. Plus, it's nice to wake up and be able to do a big crafting splurge.

C) Sprint Shoes II (I've already got Sprint Shoes I)

D) Miscellaneous upgrades -
Collect-o-matic and Pet Whistle (50)
Wheel Boost & Wheel Bonus (125)

E) Comedy option: Grape Juice Fountain

Congratulations! I'm a bit further behind you than I thought. 77/65/87/65 (I was 65 farming when the event started but buying the 100mill crop row was a huge chunk of xp)

So, to go through your list:

A) mailbox slots are always nice as long as you actually use giveaways or trade chat and if you have nothing else to spend the gold on - if you ever get beta or above you’ll also get a multiplier to your mailbox (beta is 3x) and I just today got myself to 210

B) Craftworks isn’t about the income, it’s about the mastery grind. And it’s very good for that. The only thing craftworks doesn’t count towards is some “total crafted” metric on your profile which gets used for some merit badge or whatever - you still get counts towards mastery and that makes it the only sane way to GM a bunch of stuff imo. I think it’s really OP and highly recommend getting more slots and using them - for reference I recently got to 8!

C) sprint shoes 2 is pretty decent but only if you’re actually tapping (which I rarely do now). You’ll probably want it when you’re grinding the desert zone for the crest though (aka eventually but probably not now)

D) you should definitely get collect-o-matic and probably pet whistle as well, they’re just QOL but it sucks to have so many clicks to collect pet items otherwise. Wheel boost and wheel bonus are nice but in your situation I’d probably still wait on them until I have other purchases

E) grape juice fountain is actually pretty good! You can grow that many more rice or beets or whatever in a day which is a nice little boost. It’s also great when a request needs a bunch of crops that take a long time to grow and you can just blitz through them. I know it wasn’t optimal, but I also used some GJ to get out of corn jail earlier.

So to summarize, I’d probably go Craftworks to at least 3 or 4 slots, then collect-o-matic and pet whistle? And then whatever tickles your fancy.

Ruggan
Feb 20, 2007
WHAT THAT SMELL LIKE?!

H110Hawk posted:

I would save for orchard as you will want it soon enough. Or sprint shoes.

And yes you will need orchard soon enough.

monkeytennis
Apr 26, 2007

Toilet Rascal
Got the 100bn storehouse stam upgrade. Bit fed up of the lag on Pirates Cove though.

H110Hawk
Dec 28, 2006

Ruggan posted:

A) mailbox slots are always nice as long as you actually use giveaways or trade chat and if you have nothing else to spend the gold on - if you ever get beta or above you’ll also get a multiplier to your mailbox (beta is 3x) and I just today got myself to 210

B) Craftworks isn’t about the income, it’s about the mastery grind. And it’s very good for that. The only thing craftworks doesn’t count towards is some “total crafted” metric on your profile which gets used for some merit badge or whatever - you still get counts towards mastery and that makes it the only sane way to GM a bunch of stuff imo. I think it’s really OP and highly recommend getting more slots and using them - for reference I recently got to 8!

C) sprint shoes 2 is pretty decent but only if you’re actually tapping (which I rarely do now). You’ll probably want it when you’re grinding the desert zone for the crest though (aka eventually but probably not now)

D) you should definitely get collect-o-matic and probably pet whistle as well, they’re just QOL but it sucks to have so many clicks to collect pet items otherwise. Wheel boost and wheel bonus are nice but in your situation I’d probably still wait on them until I have other purchases

E) grape juice fountain is actually pretty good! You can grow that many more rice or beets or whatever in a day which is a nice little boost. It’s also great when a request needs a bunch of crops that take a long time to grow and you can just blitz through them. I know it wasn’t optimal, but I also used some GJ to get out of corn jail earlier.

Grape juice fountain is a lot of extra silver in a day, I have 4x grape juice per day now and it's been great, especially on mega beet day. The pet one that gives you a "all at once" is worth it, the one that puts it on the home screen isn't necessary in my opinion. I only collect pets every few days as-is so the few clicks just doesn't bother me. I don't think it's a "definitely get."

I am slow on mailbox slots but have definitely bought a couple levels of inventory and stamina - currently the next levels cost 75/105 gold.

Wheel stuff I would wait on until you're drowning in ACs per day and trying to burn them on spins vs spending them at borgen's camp. I do 1-10 spins per day depending on how much I wind up grinding ACs in a given day for other stuff, trying to stay close to cap. If borgen is a bust for the week I spin a ton.

H110Hawk
Dec 28, 2006
Congratulations on Runestone 15 LLSix.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

H110Hawk posted:

:argh:

I need one drat it! Using nets on that place is so not worth it too

bbcisdabomb
Jan 15, 2008

SHEESH
Raptor Eggs are so weird. Got my first egg within my first thousand stamina. Nothing for 250k more stamina, then just now two more eggs within 100 stam.

The RNG is truly fickle.

LLSix
Jan 20, 2010

The real power behind countless overlords

I just got another 250 gold from the runestone achievement. Ahhh too much gold :stoked:

H110Hawk posted:

Thanks!

I'm completely drowning in coins. I've got two quests I haven't turned in for going on two weeks now because they give coins and I don't have anything to spend them on even with 3-4 spins a day. On the other hand, I just got to 400 grapes so I think it's going to be a long time before I can afford to consistently run more than 2 grape juices a day (which is already amazing)

MarcusSA posted:

:argh:

I need one drat it! Using nets on that place is so not worth it too

My streak there is over 7k but my net is what finally caught runestone 15.

LLSix fucked around with this message at 19:16 on Oct 24, 2022

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

bbcisdabomb posted:

Raptor Eggs are so weird. Got my first egg within my first thousand stamina. Nothing for 250k more stamina, then just now two more eggs within 100 stam.

The RNG is truly fickle.

I’m at least 10k stamina in with no egg lol hell probably more now that I think about it.

I wish that oak had a better use though same with the slime stones.

H110Hawk
Dec 28, 2006
Where are you all seeing how much stamina you've spent in a given zone? Or do you... keep track?

monkeytennis
Apr 26, 2007

Toilet Rascal

LLSix posted:

I just got another 250 gold from the runestone achievement. Ahhh too much gold :stoked:

Thanks!

I'm completely drowning in coins. I've got two quests I haven't turned in for going on two weeks now because they give coins and I don't have anything to spend them on even with 3-4 spins a day. On the other hand, I just got to 400 grapes so I think it's going to be a long time before I can afford to consistently run more than 2 grape juices a day (which is already amazing)

Do more spins.

Kaboobi
Jan 5, 2005

SHAKE IT BABY!
SALT THAT LADY!

the gold upgrade to make spins cost less is good, get that and spin 10-15 times per day

monkeytennis
Apr 26, 2007

Toilet Rascal

Kaboobi posted:

the gold upgrade to make spins cost less is good, get that and spin 10-15 times per day

Actually this.

Hobojim
Oct 31, 2011

I'm gold peppers and grasshoppers away from opening the tower finally.

I did not anticipate these two things being annoying to get somehow.

Dammit.

Kaboobi
Jan 5, 2005

SHAKE IT BABY!
SALT THAT LADY!

Hobojim posted:

Dammit.

these are tradeable, we can fill your mailbox with them

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

H110Hawk posted:

Where are you all seeing how much stamina you've spent in a given zone? Or do you... keep track?

I just kinda mentally keep track.

Over 200 OJ today alone.

koshmar
Oct 22, 2009

i'm not here

this isn't happening

Hobojim posted:

Dammit.

Those are both giveable, are you hobojim in game, check your mailbox

Hobojim
Oct 31, 2011

koshmar posted:

Those are both giveable, are you hobojim in game, check your mailbox

Kaboobi posted:

these are tradeable, we can fill your mailbox with them

:aaaaa:

I am Hobojim in game yep

Thanks guys!

bbcisdabomb
Jan 15, 2008

SHEESH

MarcusSA posted:

I just kinda mentally keep track.

Over 200 OJ today alone.

Yeah this. I keep using all my oj on WC and it's been over a month.

Now to spend that stamina somewhere that will make me money!

Hobojim
Oct 31, 2011

Hobojim posted:

:aaaaa:

I am Hobojim in game yep

Thanks guys!

You guys rule lol

All set now, thanks guys!

Dancer
May 23, 2011

LLSix posted:

Thanks!

My streak there is over 7k but my net is what finally caught runestone 15.

My goon you're going to get so many GJ from quests, and later from lvl 6 pet... Just spam that poo poo.

koshmar
Oct 22, 2009

i'm not here

this isn't happening
Haunted House has shown up and the game is now almost unplayable.

koshmar fucked around with this message at 20:15 on Oct 24, 2022

Kaboobi
Jan 5, 2005

SHAKE IT BABY!
SALT THAT LADY!

Yeah, complete the new quests that are do-able and you'll get access.

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

Which quests?

If it's the last quest, I don't know where to get 100 Egyptian Necklaces, and the others require candy that I don't have enough of.

Edit: Nevermind, guess I already have it.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

It would really be sweet if they made guilds or something for this.

koshmar
Oct 22, 2009

i'm not here

this isn't happening
There's going to have to be another way to get Egyptian Neckless' besides the well. There aren't enough days of the event even with 100% drop rate at the well.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DRINK ME
Jul 31, 2006
i cant fix avs like this because idk the bbcode - HTML IS BS MAN
I managed to get the necklaces from Mythical Chest 01’s from tower 77 but realise that’s not going to help everyone.

I’m maxxed out on nets and just spent 1000 in PC, so painfully slow. Exploring was even worse, I did a couple of clicks in the haunted house but just left it alone for now. Maybe later today I can get some candy and complete some quests.