Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

No a guy name elliott hulse. You probably haven't heard his name but you've probably seen him from twitter.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QM6ofCh8Qic

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

AnimeIsTrash posted:

Thought the recent chapo bit about the incel discourse was pretty good. Based on the RGD thread it sounds like people on the patreon are mad at them for their takes. Lol

i thought it was good too and very interesting. i think it is an interesting subject!!! and should be treated seriously...... -_-

Frosted Flake
Sep 13, 2011

Semper Shitpost Ubique

I respect guys like Rod Dreher and China Gordon who can turn celibacy into incredible drive and determination. I wish incels had that zeal for non van-related activities.

tokin opposition
Apr 8, 2021

I don't jailbreak the androids, I set them free.

WATCH MARS EXPRESS (2023)
I've never had sex where's my Incel Energy

COPE 27
Sep 11, 2006

AnimeIsTrash posted:

No a guy name elliott hulse. You probably haven't heard his name but you've probably seen him from twitter.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QM6ofCh8Qic

What's his deal, I was aware of him from youtube promoting weightlifting and mental illness years ago before going dark.

biceps crimes
Apr 12, 2008

tokin opposition posted:

I've never had sex where's my Incel Energy

wow haha loooooser

(feeling radicalized yet???)

Atrocious Joe
Sep 2, 2011

Frosted Flake posted:

I respect guys like Rod Dreher and China Gordon who can turn celibacy into incredible drive and determination. I wish incels had that zeal for non van-related activities.

what does Rod Dreher do besides post and sin

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

Atrocious Joe posted:

what does Rod Dreher do besides post and sin

eat hot chip

KirbyKhan
Mar 20, 2009

Soiled Meat
My doomsday economics senses are tingling so I checked in with this YouTube MTG market man. It is like a podcast where words are spoken confidently into my headphone about gobbledygook I kinda understand.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l2fh-N2f_CQ

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018
Women are wonderful animals, they should be making music and writing novels about having a complex relationship with your mother.

KirbyKhan posted:

My doomsday economics senses are tingling so I checked in with this YouTube MTG market man. It is like a podcast where words are spoken confidently into my headphone about gobbledygook I kinda understand.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l2fh-N2f_CQ

I was actually interested in picking up one of those Warhammer crossover decks they did. Until I found out they were 60 dollars each. 60 dollars for a deck of cards! How do you do a crossover with Warhammer and make Warhammer look reasonably priced??

KirbyKhan
Mar 20, 2009

Soiled Meat
Wizard poker: never again

They banned the Earthbind card from reprints because it is too sexy or whatever culture warriors are saying. But it's not about the busty lady, I know the truth, they arbitrarily took those cards out of the pack during the first 30th Anniversary print run, did not print it in subsequent print runs, all so they can move the titty card on the secondary market.

*Adjusts tinfoil hat*

Quotey
Aug 16, 2006

We went out for lunch and then we stopped for some bubble tea.
hasbro declined in their yearly earnings (who didnt?) but MTG is a money printer. it did 1.3bil last year.

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007
I'm honestly surprised the MTG:A isn't MORE exploitative. I mean don't get me wrong, if someone wanted to spend a lot of money on fake cardboard, they absolutely could. Just surprised at how much I've gotten for free, plus the fact that they max you out at 4 copies of any given card in your collection.

Futanari Damacy
Oct 30, 2021

by sebmojo
What's wrong with physical magic cards

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

Futanari Damacy posted:

They're for normies.

Atrocious Joe
Sep 2, 2011

KirbyKhan posted:

Wizard poker: never again

They banned the Earthbind card from reprints because it is too sexy or whatever culture warriors are saying. But it's not about the busty lady, I know the truth, they arbitrarily took those cards out of the pack during the first 30th Anniversary print run, did not print it in subsequent print runs, all so they can move the titty card on the secondary market.

*Adjusts tinfoil hat*

Upper Deck was a distributor for Yu-Gi-Oh cards and still produced counterfeits. Any perfidy is possible in the collectable cardboard market.

quote:

Upper Deck Forced to Settle With Konami Digital Entertainment, Inc. After Admitting to Counterfeiting Hundreds of Thousands of Yu-Gi-Oh! TRADING CARD GAME Cards
The Upper Deck Company permanently barred from acting as an authorized distributor of the Yu-Gi-Oh! TRADING CARD GAME

Konami Digital Entertainment, Inc.
Feb 03, 2010, 03:00 ET

EL SEGUNDO, Calif., Feb. 3 /PRNewswire/ -- Konami Digital Entertainment, Inc. (KDE) is pleased to announce that it has resolved its litigation against The Upper Deck Company (Upper Deck), KDE's former distributor of its immensely popular Yu-Gi-Oh! TRADING CARD GAME (TCG). The lawsuit was settled to Konami's satisfaction following opening statements during the trial in Federal Court in Los Angeles on January 26, 2010.

"At this point, Upper Deck doesn't have a lot of Life Points. We're talking about behavior that, from a defense attorney's standpoint, I can't defend and I am not going to defend," noted attorney Richard Howell, of Rutan & Tucker, who represented The Upper Deck Company during the trial. "I'm here defending a counterfeiter. And now I have to deal with that issue."

"We are extremely pleased with the successful resolution of our case against Upper Deck," said Kazumi Kitaue, Chairman of KDE. "Konami's goal is and has been to protect Duelists from counterfeit Yu-Gi-Oh! TCG cards and to protect the integrity of the Yu-Gi-Oh! TCG. This goal was achieved when Upper Deck was prohibited for eternity from distributing counterfeit Yu-Gi-Oh! TCG cards and from holding itself out as the authorized distributor of the Yu-Gi-Oh! TCG."

"This entire situation came as a huge shock to us. As a company that has based their entire business model on producing authentic entertainment and sports licensed products, Upper Deck went against their very core beliefs by counterfeiting Yu-Gi-Oh! TCG Cards," commented KDE's Vice President of Card Business Yumi Hoashi. "It was very disheartening to learn that a trusted business partner would take these actions to dupe us and the Yu-Gi-Oh! TCG community."

The litigation began in October 2008, when KDE discovered that counterfeit cards from the Yu-Gi-Oh! TCG were being sold in Toys "R" Us stores by a sub-distributor for Upper Deck. KDE filed suit, and the sub-distributor told KDE that the counterfeit cards were supplied by Upper Deck.

"As a leading company in this card industry, Upper Deck should have known more than well that counterfeit activities would irreparably harm the trust of Duelists and the integrity of the Yu-Gi-Oh! brand," said KDE's Hoashi. Upper Deck initially denied those charges and issued press releases announcing that any suggestion that Upper Deck would be involved in counterfeiting activity is "absurd."

Failing to own up to its actions, Upper Deck sent out a press release on January 29, 2010 stating its satisfaction with the settlement and how the judge ruled against KDE in several areas. The ruling that United States District Judge Valerie Baker Fairbank made on December 23, 2009 was simple. She ruled that Upper Deck violated trademark, copyright and unfair competition laws by counterfeiting Yu-Gi-Oh! TCG cards.

Discovery in the lawsuit revealed that Upper Deck had counterfeited Yu-Gi-Oh! TCG cards, and that it took extensive steps to cover-up that activity. The cover-up included a meeting in the office of Upper Deck's chairman, in which he and at least one other Upper Deck employee compared samples of authentic Yu-Gi-Oh! TCG cards against fakes made by Upper Deck, and shredded the samples in the chairman's office, as well as an e-mail from an employee of Upper Deck to other employees asking to provide her information on how to obtain Yu-Gi-Oh! TCG security foils "in secrecy."

Following almost one full year of court proceedings, Upper Deck finally admitted to having printed in China and importing to the U.S. hundreds of thousands of bogus Yu-Gi-Oh! TCG cards. Mr. Howell of Rutan & Tucker noted in the opening statement to the jury: "The behavior is still undeniably wrong. And I am in here, as counsel for the two defendants, asking you to hold my clients accountable for that behavior; asking you to hold my clients responsible for this conduct that there is no dispute, and there was no disputing even before this case started today, that it was wrong."

KDE announced in mid-December 2008 that it would assume responsibility for the distribution of its Yu-Gi-Oh! TCG in territories outside of Asia. As the Court's recent ruling confirms, KDE's decision was due to Upper Deck's involvement in printing and distributing counterfeit Yu-Gi-Oh! TCG cards.
https://www.prnewswire.com/news-rel...s-83471232.html

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007

Futanari Damacy posted:

they cost money, the digital ones I can get for free. I don't even have to spend money printing them out!

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Gripweed posted:

I was actually interested in picking up one of those Warhammer crossover decks they did. Until I found out they were 60 dollars each. 60 dollars for a deck of cards! How do you do a crossover with Warhammer and make Warhammer look reasonably priced??

Now look at how much any given top-tier Modern deck costs

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003
rahter just play sts or monster train for card

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003
i had a blue eyes white dragon btw and it kicked my friends asses easy gg when drafted

Hooplah
Jul 15, 2006

Smythe posted:

rahter just play sts or monster train for card

you can give the digital version (arena) a try for free, you dont have to spend money on card game. its the same magic you played in your hs cafeteria before homeroom

tokin opposition
Apr 8, 2021

I've never seen the appeal of tcg, grew up with videogames that were too good I guess

I recommend checking out stardeus it's really good

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007
It's fun to make combos with the cards, to pull off stuff your opponent wouldn't think of and makes them go "gently caress!!!"

KirbyKhan
Mar 20, 2009

Soiled Meat
I've done this to another human being and it was like riding the white dragon. Never felt as good as the first time I pulled it off. Now I swear off wizard poker.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EBIsZlV1jHk

lobotomy molo
May 7, 2007

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

tokin opposition posted:

I've never seen the appeal of tcg, grew up with videogames that were too good I guess

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007
"oh you're going to block that guy? you're just going to block this pathetic little 1/1 token? you idiot, you absolute loving fool, did you not see I had untapped mana and cards in my hand before you declared blockers? you will never make it to Mythic league."

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

Futanari Damacy posted:

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

Hooplah posted:

you can give the digital version (arena) a try for free, you dont have to spend money on card game. its the same magic you played in your hs cafeteria before homeroom

cool

War and Pieces
Apr 24, 2022

DID NOT VOTE FOR FETTERMAN

tokin opposition posted:

a way for people with poor social skills to socialize irl

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

tokin opposition posted:

while people were making friends i was getting bannon to level 50 on the lete river circle

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

i say swears online posted:

while people were making friends i was getting bannon to level 50 on the lete river circle

Nice

tokin opposition
Apr 8, 2021

War and Pieces posted:

a way for people with poor social skills to socialize irl

pro-tip: makerspaces, not only do you get to meet fellow Weirds you can also build a shelf or a 3d printed buttplug or whatever

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018
Women are wonderful animals, they should be making music and writing novels about having a complex relationship with your mother.

Pablo Nergigante posted:

Now look at how much any given top-tier Modern deck costs

I don't know what that means or how to find that information. Literally my entire information about Magic beyond "it is a card game" came from seeing an article on the Warhammer website about Warhammer Magic decks and then finding out they cost 60 dollars.

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

Lol

KirbyKhan
Mar 20, 2009

Soiled Meat

Gripweed posted:

I don't know what that means or how to find that information. Literally my entire information about Magic beyond "it is a card game" came from seeing an article on the Warhammer website about Warhammer Magic decks and then finding out they cost 60 dollars.

Oh that $60 deck is just the starter squad of Ultramarines they sell to people first starting.

I'm trying to mix and match 40k terms, but yeah imagine an 3000 points of sculpted pewter figures from 6 different army books. Constructed Modern Proper Nouns Decks are sourced from like the last 5 sets or codex cycles. Also you have to build a sideboard of 6 squads that don't even deploy in the first game, you keeps them shits in the tacklebox in case you come across someone else's $4000 army and need the perfect counter to their Psycher.

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007
Just play arena you don't have to buy any of that stuff plus it's on your phone

KirbyKhan
Mar 20, 2009

Soiled Meat

Pepe Silvia Browne posted:

It is not about enjoying a children's card game. It is about my rivalry with Jeff at the Friendly Local Games Shop who has harried my gaming for the last 40 years ever since he cheated at that pog game in middle school.

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Pepe Silvia Browne posted:

Can’t play modern on arena

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

Pablo Nergigante posted:

Can’t play modern on arena

this but for legacy and vintage

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

War and Pieces
Apr 24, 2022

DID NOT VOTE FOR FETTERMAN

tokin opposition posted:

pro-tip: makerspaces, not only do you get to meet fellow Weirds you can also build a shelf or a 3d printed buttplug or whatever

they want $60 a month which granted is cheaper than magic or warhams but still esshh