Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Arzaac
Jan 2, 2020

FirstAidKite posted:

I forget what they did to fix that. It was a weird situation all around. Idk if babies and children are a thing in dwarf fortress but I wouldn't be surprised if it turned out they had their own similar troubles of the game's mechanisms working as intended to a fault.

Iirc the problem was that the game was treating the amount of beer on a cats paw as a full dwarf sized serving of beer, instead of just like, a little bit. So the cats were consuming an outrageous amount of alcohol by licking their paws. So it was fixed by just, lowering the amount of beer a cat's paw could hold to reasonable levels.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Dewgy posted:

So, what’s the scientifically ideal temperature for hot Dr. Pepper?

Whatever the highest setting on your microwave is

Edit: to clarify please do not put your Dr Pepper in the microwave

Put it in the bin where it belongs

Infinitum fucked around with this message at 03:58 on Oct 25, 2022

TheWorldsaStage
Sep 10, 2020

Infinitum posted:

How dare you

Kerrzhe
Nov 5, 2008

Infinitum posted:

how DARE you!

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

I thought you wanted hot garbage?

:thunk:

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

Infinitum posted:

It goes in the recycling bin

you monster

Dewgy
Nov 10, 2005

~🚚special delivery~📦

Infinitum posted:

The hot Dr. Pepper discussion got me vaguely curious to see if I can replicate the entirely baffling taste sensation of hot Mountain Dew (found an unopened can of it under my passenger seat while cleaning my car in the middle of summer, got dared, seemed fun, results were…inconclusive), so to answer your question….

…yes. But preferably not to the point that it explodes and kills me. :v:

I’m thinking it should be able to handle 140 deg F or so, which is like a decent cup of tea or something. Maybe I’ll try the lemon juice part idk

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
I have to wonder if there are any documented recipe/ingredient changes since the hot doctor pepper ad that have turned what may have been something possibly okay at the time into a hot mess now

To think this entire diversion started because KCB sleep-yelled at me that I shouldn't drink dr pepper because it's dr pepper lol

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

Gaius Marius posted:

Silent Hill might have the worst boss fights in human history

congrats on your silent hill cameo

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Finished Return to Monkey Island

I'm glad it was good. Now to wait like 15 years for another one.

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

My birthday was yesterday, sorry mate

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

Infinitum posted:

Happy belated bday Infinitum!!!!!!

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

I have decided my starting nation will be the United States of Central America and I will try to form a transoceanic Byzantine-Latino alliance with Greece

Kerrzhe
Nov 5, 2008

Infinitum posted:

happy birthday!!!

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

Waffleman_ posted:

I'm glad it was good. Now to wait like 15 years for another one.

Never pay more than five pounds of rat meat for a computer game

ChickenHeart
Nov 28, 2007

Take me at your own risk.

Kiss From a Hog

Jay Rust posted:

Upcoming rimsorld expansion pack (i.e. “dlc”) adds babies and children. Does dwarf fortress have children? I feel like, in a game that allows maddened beavers to break into your starbase and bite the legs off your peons, it’s not as fun when it’s a baby losing their legs

Oh my yes, and with all the horror it implied.

Dwarf mothers would carry their infants in a free hand, and if they were employed in the military not only they would happily go into battle with their child in tow, but also use them like a shield to block attacks with obvious results

Also, a common tactic to deal with overpopulation involved setting up a lever connected to a collapsing room with the knowledge that dwarf children would prioritize pulling levers since they had no jobs

Mode 7
Jul 28, 2007

Happy belated birthday Infinitum.

Mode 7
Jul 28, 2007

People apparently drink hot Vimto cordial so surely hot fizzy Vimto would also be great. :thunk:

JollyBoyJohn
Feb 13, 2019

For Real!
I'm gonna get so into dwarf fortress when it hits steam

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Mode 7 posted:

Happy belated birthday Infinitum.

FirstAidKite posted:

Happy belated bday Infinitum!!!!!!

Kerrzhe posted:

happy birthday!!!

You are now legally obligated to unmute and listen
https://i.imgur.com/zQOL7NI.mp4

Also to watch the Castlevania Netflix series cause it's legit

dervival
Apr 23, 2014

Infinitum posted:

*musical punches*

Does dracula dissipate into tang then

also happy belated birf

ChickenHeart
Nov 28, 2007

Kiss From a Hog

Superfly has realized that if she lies on the entire mousepad I have no choice but to give her attention

my k:d ratio has never been lower but pets:meows are at an all-time high

JollyBoyJohn
Feb 13, 2019

For Real!
The castlevania anime had great action scenes and slow, plodding dialogue scenes

Not unlike Black Adam

A Cup of Ramen
Oct 16, 2012

Infinitum posted:

Happy birthday boardgame man!

WaltherFeng
May 15, 2013

50 thousand people used to live here. Now, it's the Mushroom Kingdom.

ChickenHeart posted:

Superfly has realized that if she lies on the entire mousepad I have no choice but to give her attention

my k:d ratio has never been lower but pets:meows are at an all-time high

This picture is from my house where are you

Love Stole the Day
Nov 4, 2012
Please give me free quality professional advice so I can be a baby about it and insult you

Infinitum posted:

Please don't leak the next Square Enix title like this

I cast Firaga to attack the darkness

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord

Infinitum posted:

Whatever the highest setting on your microwave is

Edit: to clarify please do not put your Dr Pepper in the microwave

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

DrP

Love Stole the Day
Nov 4, 2012
Please give me free quality professional advice so I can be a baby about it and insult you
boiling dr pepper was a minor plot point in the 1999 movie Blast from the Past

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
Boiling Dr pepper is a major plot point in my self insert fanfiction "shinjobi please don't burn the house down."

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

RIP to the original PC version of Dark Souls

https://twitter.com/DarkSoulsGame/status/1584821064420716544?s=20&t=qIZWnSqY1xaqj3NKeyVPCg

This isn't a huge shock--they're not even selling that version anymore--but still, end of an era. The remaster will still have its servers brought back but the original Prepare to Die Edition is offline forever.

Not quite as sad as when the PS3 Demon's Souls servers went down.

Viewtiful Jew
Apr 21, 2007
Mench'n-a-go-go-baby!
Bayo 3 reviews seem pretty okay.

A few really didn't like the game though:

quote:

I don’t know what to tell longtime Bayonetta fans about this game, let alone the newcomers hoping to come aboard with this installment. If all you care about is button-ramming combat that’s similar to Devil May Cry, you’ll have a ball. But if you ever wanted to believe that there was something deeper to Bayonetta’s story — some grander statement about femininity and sexuality and power dynamics — you’ll find the truth to be quite a disappointment. Viola did tell me at the very beginning of this game that it would reveal this fundamental truth to me. I only wish I could have lived in ignorance for a little while longer.

quote:

There are some incredible leaps of character development that we’re supposed to just take on faith while the game abandons two whole games’ worth of established motivations and relationships all in service to the game’s true villain: compulsory heterosexuality.

Viewtiful Jew fucked around with this message at 14:48 on Oct 25, 2022

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
thjanks polygon

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
I don't play Bayonetta for the character development but thanks anyway Polygon

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

More like Bayonotta good game

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007
reading between the lines it sounds like she gets damseled by Luka in the final stretch but these reviews have some really obnoxious content embargoes so it’s hard to speculate

ChickenHeart
Nov 28, 2007

Kiss From a Hog
They call it Bayonetta because once you see it you'll wish a French soldier from 1916 would hop into your fortified trench and bayonet you in the stomach

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GiantRockFromSpace
Mar 1, 2019

Just Cram It

Oxxidation posted:

reading between the lines it sounds like she gets damseled by Luka in the final stretch but these reviews have some really obnoxious content embargoes so it’s hard to speculate

Unless the game ends with Bayonetta declaring her undying love for Luka and marrying him I wouldn't loving call that comp het lmao Polygon.