Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Timeless Appeal
May 28, 2006
Eric's critiques are entirely on point though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

weekly font
Dec 1, 2004

Everytime I try to fly I fall
Without my wings
I feel so small
Guess I need you baby...

Haven’t finished the ep yet but Exorcist 3 is a dadfernoon horror joint and I’m here for it. It also has a top 3 all time jump scare and you gotta respect that.

SilentChaz
Oct 5, 2011

Sorry, I'm quite busy at the moment.
https://twitter.com/WHMPodcast/status/1584227228346294280?t=e0dI4Ng6sLt29ZeInu9fjA&s=19

Ror
Oct 21, 2010

😸Everything's 🗞️ purrfect!💯🤟

So pretty short notice, but does any local goon want a ticket to the Toronto show on Thursday? It turns out my passport expired and it's also a really long drive, so I'm just gonna bail on it. I was happy enough that the boys would still get a few of my bucks thrown their way but if there's anyone who will actually use it Ticketmaster lets you transfer to someone else.

Zurtilik
Oct 23, 2015

The Biggest Brain in Guardia
May be worth throwing a thread into SA Mart.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

November WLM schedule (updating as announced):

Prime feed:
North By Northwest
Thief
The Royal Tenenbaums
Point Break
Bram Stoker's Dracula

Patreon:
WHM - Hannibal (2001)

Gleep Glossary - Chewbacca

Animation Damnation - The Nightmare Before Christmas

The Nexus - Star Trek The Motion Picture

Hell yeah, I can't wait for Point Break. It's been years since I've seen it, so I can't wait to revisit it.

Rageaholic fucked around with this message at 01:26 on Oct 25, 2022

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit
I nearly forgot that November is we love movies month, because I hate The Royal Tenenbaums

claw game handjob
Mar 27, 2007

pinch pinch scrape pinch
ow ow fuck it's caught
i'm bleeding
JESUS TURN IT OFF
WHY ARE YOU STILL SMILING

Iron Crowned posted:

I nearly forgot that November is we love movies month, because I hate The Royal Tenenbaums

Same. But I'm tempted to rewatch it because I don't know if it was my first sign of turning on the director or just me being too young for that one when I would later, very definitely turn on said director

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

secretly best girl posted:

Same. But I'm tempted to rewatch it because I don't know if it was my first sign of turning on the director or just me being too young for that one when I would later, very definitely turn on said director
That director's style is mostly really not for me, but yeah, I'll have to rewatch it to remember whether or not it's one of his that I can actually stand.

AceOfFlames
Oct 9, 2012

I utterly hated that movie when I saw it as a teen but then I watched it again as an adult and loved it. Different strokes I guess.

Andorra
Dec 12, 2012
A real stadium-style lineup for WLM month

mweber
Dec 24, 2003
This WLM is why the ancient Greeks had six different words for “love”.

GoutPatrol
Oct 17, 2009

*Stupid Babby*

Rageaholic posted:

That director's style is mostly really not for me, but yeah, I'll have to rewatch it to remember whether or not it's one of his that I can actually stand.

I hated everything in that directors' style until Grand Budapest, and then something clicked and I could go back and like the older ones except Darjeeling Limited.

dorium
Nov 5, 2009

If it gets in your eyes
Just look into mine
Just look into dreams
and you'll be alright
I'll be alright

Bottle Rocket and Rushmore are the only Anderson movies I've enjoyed so this aint the one for me either.

clown shoes
Jul 17, 2004

Nothing but clowns down here.
For a second I thought Hannibal was going to be a WLM. The dinner scene conversation is going to be amazing.

claw game handjob
Mar 27, 2007

pinch pinch scrape pinch
ow ow fuck it's caught
i'm bleeding
JESUS TURN IT OFF

clown shoes posted:

For a second I thought Hannibal was going to be a WLM. The dinner scene conversation is going to be amazing.

I can already tell someone's gonna start a fight over if it's worse than the Nothing But Trouble dinner scene.

regulargonzalez
Aug 18, 2006
UNGH LET ME LICK THOSE BOOTS DADDY HULU ;-* ;-* ;-* YES YES GIVE ME ALL THE CORPORATE CUMMIES :shepspends: :shepspends: :shepspends: ADBLOCK USERS DESERVE THE DEATH PENALTY, DON'T THEY DADDY?
WHEN THE RICH GET RICHER I GET HORNIER :a2m::a2m::a2m::a2m:

Really hoping Cabin wins the Movie Trailer Game again and the past episode movie he chooses to revisit is Nothing But Trouble. I feel like there would be an outright mutiny.

The Vosgian Beast
Aug 13, 2011

Business is slow

Rageaholic posted:

November WLM schedule (updating as announced):

Prime feed:
North By Northwest
Thief
The Royal Tenenbaums
Point Break
Bram Stoker's Dracula

Patreon:
WHM - Hannibal (2001)

Gleep Glossary - Chewbacca

Animation Damnation - The Nightmare Before Christmas

The Nexus - Star Trek The Motion Picture

Hell yeah, I can't wait for Point Break. It's been years since I've seen it, so I can't wait to revisit it.

Hyped for Thief and the resulting discussion about Jim Belushi taking a shotgun blast to the chest

mweber
Dec 24, 2003

The Vosgian Beast posted:

Hyped for Thief and the resulting discussion about Jim Belushi taking a shotgun blast to the chest

I think that might be Belushi’s fattest performance.

Coheed and Camembert
Feb 11, 2012
Thief rules, so does Star Trek: The Motion Picture.

Love the 'stadium style' riffs on the latest mailbag, it really got me good.

SilentChaz
Oct 5, 2011

Sorry, I'm quite busy at the moment.

regulargonzalez posted:

Really hoping Cabin wins the Movie Trailer Game again and the past episode movie he chooses to revisit is Nothing But Trouble. I feel like there would be an outright mutiny.

I thought the episode redo was for an episode from the show's early years from when they didn't have four mics so only three of them could be on an episode at a time.

dorium
Nov 5, 2009

If it gets in your eyes
Just look into mine
Just look into dreams
and you'll be alright
I'll be alright

They should redo Maximum Overdrive because that live show sucks.

DoubleCakes
Jan 14, 2015

Wired: Take Three

(make it happen WHM)

mweber
Dec 24, 2003
The Wrong Guys, and make it a memorial tribute to Louie Anderson.

Hockles
Dec 25, 2007

Resident of Camp Blood
Crystal Lake

dorium posted:

I second this motion, senator

DoombatINC
Apr 20, 2003

Here's the thing, I'm a feminist.

They should tease that they're gonna do Maximum Overdrive again but then instead do Trucks: The Other Maximum Overdrive

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lhIR8DaeqWA

Nikaer Drekin
Oct 11, 2012

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2020
They didn't do it that long ago, but I'd love it if they did a recorded National Treasure ep at some point since the live one was lost.

claw game handjob
Mar 27, 2007

pinch pinch scrape pinch
ow ow fuck it's caught
i'm bleeding
JESUS TURN IT OFF
This Gleep Glossary is some of the hardest I've laughed at the crew just roasting each other in ages.

"Chris doesn't even do a side-show, I should get his check."

Hockles
Dec 25, 2007

Resident of Camp Blood
Crystal Lake

secretly best girl posted:

This Gleep Glossary is some of the hardest I've laughed at the crew just roasting each other in ages.

"Chris doesn't even do a side-show, I should get his check."

This is the best gleep glossary by far. I usually just listen to hear the backstories of characters, but this episode they were by far the funniest yet.

mweber
Dec 24, 2003

Hockles posted:

This is the best gleep glossary by far. I usually just listen to hear the backstories of characters, but this episode they were by far the funniest yet.

You’re a cream of broccoli, for sure.

Oh, thank you.

Rev. Bleech_
Oct 19, 2004

~OKAY, WE'LL DRINK TO OUR LEGS!~

dorium posted:

:haibrower:
That movie deserved so much better. Am I misremembering, or did thy not even note that Giancarlo Esposito tells a pinball machine "yo momma"?

dorium
Nov 5, 2009

If it gets in your eyes
Just look into mine
Just look into dreams
and you'll be alright
I'll be alright

Rev. Bleech_ posted:

:haibrower:
That movie deserved so much better. Am I misremembering, or did thy not even note that Giancarlo Esposito tells a pinball machine "yo momma"?

They missed so many high and low points in that movie as well as all the trivia I kept yelling at my phone.

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO
On-Screen Terrifier 2 please.

mweber
Dec 24, 2003
Everyone should track down this months BH90210 just to see the caveman they cast in the Burke role.

Rev. Bleech_
Oct 19, 2004

~OKAY, WE'LL DRINK TO OUR LEGS!~

dorium posted:

They missed so many high and low points in that movie as well as all the trivia I kept yelling at my phone.

I mean, it even ties into a previous mailbag. It's the movie that made Pat Hingle move to the area, eventually leading to "I LIVE IN A drat HOUSE"

Slingback78
Oct 17, 2008
Toronto show was great! They are wrong about Harvey’s though, it’s fine.

admataY
Oct 16, 2008
Doing my " WLM " month catchup , so far :

North by Northwest - Saw it once in my early teens, going back as an adult , I can see why its a classic - Its just as sharp and entertaining as any modern day thriller can hope to be.
Grant and Marie Saint ? they rule . The mother character ? she rules . That auction scene ? It rules . Best drunk driving chase scene ever ? that ruled.
Even the opening titles ruled.

Thief - I never thought i would be so captivated by a bunch oh sweaty men drilling holes into metal surfaces . Michael Mann really exploded out of the gate, good stuff! and James Caan , what a man .

The royal Whatevers - its probably just me, didnt really feel it, movie about a bunch of weird assholes being weird assholes . Some great acting kinda saves the movie, but so far the weakest link .
It was weird how the Narrator started to drift and talk about something called " The Onania Club " sometimes , but I guess thats art .

Its great how the silly movie podcast got me to enrich my Kino arsenal like that.

Soup du Jour
Sep 8, 2011

I always knew I'd die with a headache.

I loving love how much the Gleep Glossary has turned into “the guys shittalk each other for 30-40 minutes”

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

I laughed every goddamn time Eric hit the Cabin alarm during the Gleep Glossary

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kneecaps
Mar 22, 2003

We're not playing paddy cake here!
Soiled Meat
I was shouting in my car during the Nexus when they said that Trek had never done another episode about the Tholian Web. There's an Enterprise two-parter that features it and oh yeah you also find out what happened to the Defiant and it's awesome. Spoiler alert: Mirror Universe.