Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

oh hi mark LMFAO

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

mycophobia posted:

Sonic Frontiers is going to be the greatest sonic game ever. Mark my word

For me to poop on!!!

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

oh hi mark LMFAO

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

oh hi mark LMFAO

Radia
Jul 14, 2021

And someday, together.. We'll shine.

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

oh hi mark LMFAO

UGH

Thank you Ohtori Akio for the incredible sig!! 😍

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

oh hi mark LMFAO

Sleng Teng
May 3, 2009

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

oh hi mark LMFAO

discount cathouse
Mar 25, 2009

Plebian Parasite posted:

80) Cross/code
81) Toree 3D
82) DROD: Gunthro and the Epic Blunder (Mastery)

Gunthro ftw. I Had to Look Up hints for one (1) puzzle in the postmaster Zone.

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Dead Space. What a goddamn great game

Plebian Parasite
Oct 12, 2012

discount cathouse posted:

Gunthro ftw. I Had to Look Up hints for one (1) puzzle in the postmaster Zone.

I haven't finished the postmaster zone simply because I refuse to look up hints and I'm probably on the same puzzle. I will probably get back to it, but I wanted to mark it on my list in case it doesn't happen this year. I'm also like, most of the way done with KDD at this point.

Leadthumb
Mar 24, 2006

Pablo Nergigante posted:

Dead Space. What a goddamn great game

PS this post is impervious to Flames because of the flame proofer. :)

Punished Chuck
Dec 27, 2010

Timesplitters: Future Perfect (story mode). Killer game. I picked up this and 2 as soon as they became backwards-compatible on Series X earlier this year so I probably would have played it before too long but I'm glad Game Club bumped it to the top of the list, I loved it when I played it 15 years ago or more and it totally holds up.

Nutmeg
Feb 8, 2004
Resident Evil 3 Remake: i heard this game was different compared to RE2remake but i didn't expect it to be such an action focus turd. maybe capcom wanted to take a gamble and see how this would play out in their RE Engine, or maybe they didn't want to work as hard after making something as stellar as 2remake. the added dodge rolls were kinda janky in my playthrough and dealing with the nemisis was annoying any time he showed up, especially at the beginning. so many deaths where i was stun locked from one attack into another was really annoying as well. carlos' super punch was retarded and made me laugh when i saw it.

Arrhythmia
Jul 22, 2011
Hyperzone

It's like Space Harrier but not very good.

Vadun
Mar 9, 2011

I'm hungrier than a green snake in a sugar cane field.

50) Alienation

A pretty good Twin stick shooter. Took Mr a while to get in a good rhythm, but you can just mow through dudes once you get a hang of things

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

Arrhythmia posted:

Hyperzone

It's like Space Harrier but not very good.

i got really good at it one weekend and realised that the difficulty doesnt ramp so you're basically stuck playing it forever if you're a highscore nut

Dr. Cool Aids
Jul 6, 2009
Judgment

very good, insane how rarely yakuza/rgg games miss. glad to hear that the worst parts of it are addressed in the sequel (basically the lovely gang that keep popping up and the mortal wound mechanic)

kiryu is better than yagami but it's a high bar to clear. I liked yagami better once I stopped taking him too seriously, basically an 80s action star in how flawless he is at everything

hype for LJ but gonna finish up side cases then do Y7 first

Arrhythmia
Jul 22, 2011

trying to jack off posted:

i got really good at it one weekend and realised that the difficulty doesnt ramp so you're basically stuck playing it forever if you're a highscore nut

Some say that highscore nut is still out there... to this day...

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Arrhythmia posted:

Some say that highscore nut is still out there... to this day...

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

MeatwadIsGod
Sep 30, 2004

Foretold by Gyromancy
Castlevania: Rondo of Blood (100%)

A really nice balance between the hard classic games and the IGA games with all the alternate paths and bosses. The cutscenes were cool and the soundtrack is great. The alternate stage 5 music has been stuck in my head since I beat it. It was fun beating these classic Castlevania games I missed out on, but I'm glad to replay Symphony next. Some of the older games have platforming gimmicks that didn't age well imo.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

lets hang out
Jan 10, 2015

22. Astlibra Revision (100%, hard mode)

Incredible Ys-like, best game I played all year

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

lets hang out posted:

like which ys

bees x1000
Jun 11, 2020

lets hang out posted:

my interest is piqued and I'm downloading the demo now

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Evil Eagle posted:

like which ys

Looked it up and looks like it’s Ys III Wanderers from Ys style, slammed that wishlist button

lets hang out
Jan 10, 2015

Evil Eagle posted:

like which ys

Since it's side-scrolling it's got the look of Ys 3 (original) but the way it plays reminds me more of Oath in Felghana or Origin. It does have the thing where you hit enemies to build up a bar for special moves from more recent Ys games, but no party system.

I didn't play the demo beforehand but I guess it has save carry over? If it doesn't start in english, language is the first thing in the options menu.

lets hang out fucked around with this message at 01:44 on Oct 25, 2022

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

I'm in.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

The Case of the Golden Idol

Heard this praised as a deduction game in the vein of Obra Dinn (and by Lucas Pope himself no less) and it absolutely delivered on that promise. Not quite as polished and elegant as Obra Dinn but still extremely clever and satisfying and with a really cool story as well. Definitely recommend it to fans of Obra Dinn.

Arch Nemesis
Mar 27, 2007

34. TimeSplitters: Future Perfect

Sleng Teng
May 3, 2009

13.1: Fire Emblem Three Houses, Ashen Wolves DLC, Hard

Now this was an actual hard mode. More interesting maps compared to the base game which is what you want out of a DLC I guess. The story is dumb but it shed some light on stuff I didn't see in azure moon and the new characters are likeable so it evens out. Not being able to one round murder enemies is probably a good warmup for maddening.

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

timesplitters: future perfect

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

Sleng Teng posted:

13.1: Fire Emblem Three Houses, Ashen Wolves DLC, Hard

Now this was an actual hard mode. More interesting maps compared to the base game which is what you want out of a DLC I guess. The story is dumb but it shed some light on stuff I didn't see in azure moon and the new characters are likeable so it evens out. Not being able to one round murder enemies is probably a good warmup for maddening.

I wish base 3H's hard mode was more like the DLC's. One of my complaints about the game (which I otherwise really like) is that Hard mode is more like a Normal mode, and then Maddening actually earns its name, so there's a huge gap in difficulty between Hard and Maddening. Something in between would be perfect.

NG+ Maddening is almost there, at least.

herculon
Sep 7, 2018

Modern Warfare 2 (2022) campaign. Not too bad. There are a few parts where you sneak around and craft weapons that I didn’t like. Also, a driving stage that’s a pain in the rear end. Other than that, it’s what a COD campaign should be.

Nutmeg
Feb 8, 2004
Bayonetta: i had difficulty getting into this start to finish. i like fast paced combat but i had camera issues in my full playthrough and alot of enemy attacks happen so fast it's hard to see their telegraphs which means taking extra hits alot. throw that ontop of being ranked for every fight i felt like a noob rear end bitch most of the time. especially in fights where witch time doesn't activate on a successful dodge, which is just random from what i can tell. also there is a dodge function that helps you build combos that i didn't know existed until i saw it in passing written out online which i had trouble pulling off since there's no real training arena to test out moves except for in one shop menu. i never had enough money to purchase even one accessory from the shop and i wonder if that dodge/combo function is needed to have enough to buy some.

maybe this game is designed to be replayed for getting better rankings and what not, and if i had more fun with it i'd give it a shot but instead i'll move on.

I got the tude now
Jul 22, 2007

Nutmeg posted:

Bayonetta: i had difficulty getting into this start to finish. i like fast paced combat but i had camera issues in my full playthrough and alot of enemy attacks happen so fast it's hard to see their telegraphs which means taking extra hits alot. throw that ontop of being ranked for every fight i felt like a noob rear end bitch most of the time. especially in fights where witch time doesn't activate on a successful dodge, which is just random from what i can tell. also there is a dodge function that helps you build combos that i didn't know existed until i saw it in passing written out online which i had trouble pulling off since there's no real training arena to test out moves except for in one shop menu. i never had enough money to purchase even one accessory from the shop and i wonder if that dodge/combo function is needed to have enough to buy some.

maybe this game is designed to be replayed for getting better rankings and what not, and if i had more fun with it i'd give it a shot but instead i'll move on.

I agree w most of this. It’s more reaction based than the 3rd person action I’m usually into but it’s still cool. Replaying the gimmick missions again on a higher difficulty is fail as gently caress tho.

Sleng Teng
May 3, 2009

Harrow posted:

I wish base 3H's hard mode was more like the DLC's. One of my complaints about the game (which I otherwise really like) is that Hard mode is more like a Normal mode, and then Maddening actually earns its name, so there's a huge gap in difficulty between Hard and Maddening. Something in between would be perfect.

NG+ Maddening is almost there, at least.

Yeah the DLC really is nicely balanced for Hard. That said I was muttering "gently caress you" at times, such as the clown cars of golem reinforcements and the chest trial/error penalties in chapter 3 or the loads of bandit reinforcements as you cross blue squares in chapter 4. But, you know, in an appreciative way lol

I did preview the first couple of maps in ng+ maddening last week (I flipped a coin and it's going to be GD) and I actually think ng is going to be the sweet spot for me. However I do remember the first chapter in the second half being annoying in hard AM already and if that is maintained in the other routes I know I'm in for a rough one.

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

Sleng Teng posted:

Yeah the DLC really is nicely balanced for Hard. That said I was muttering "gently caress you" at times, such as the clown cars of golem reinforcements and the chest trial/error penalties in chapter 3 or the loads of bandit reinforcements as you cross blue squares in chapter 4. But, you know, in an appreciative way lol

I did preview the first couple of maps in ng+ maddening last week (I flipped a coin and it's going to be GD) and I actually think ng is going to be the sweet spot for me. However I do remember the first chapter in the second half being annoying in hard AM already and if that is maintained in the other routes I know I'm in for a rough one.

Yeah the first chapter of the second half on Maddening is loving atrocious. There are some cheese builds you can go for on either Claude or Dimitri (depending on your route) that will make it much easier but in general it's pretty nightmarish. On my NG+ Maddening GD run it was the hardest part by far.

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

Nutmeg posted:

It's just certain enemies that you can't get witch time off of, those being Gracious/Glorious and other enemies that have golden armor similar to them. Dodge offset, the mechanic you read about, is pretty pivotal to getting good combo scores and a lot of halos from battles. It works in tandem with charge modifiers that all the weapons have, and is most easily practiced with the guns. Just dodge while you're holding the attack button, if Bayonetta starts spraying bullets everywhere you did it correctly. The lack of a good training mode does suck but you do unlock a bloody palace style thing that you can use to practice on all the enemy types... after you beat the game. I don't blame you for moving on if you had such a frustrating time though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

Honestly I feel like a lot of people's frustration with bayo 1's first playthrough could be alleviated by getting used to using the charge modifiers ASAP. The game makes you do them once in the tutorial but doesn't really mention them past that and I see a lot of people ignore them for the entire game when they're a reliable way to keep your combo going from a distance, especially with the guns.