Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Senethro
May 18, 2005

I unironically think I'm Garret, Master Thief.
My French lady was a bit of a cop, so there might be some adjustment for background.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

toasterwarrior
Nov 11, 2011
The space German is so similar to the TF2 Medic, I swear if it's actually also Robin Atkin-Downes doing it

Scandalous
Jul 16, 2009

toasterwarrior posted:

The space German is so similar to the TF2 Medic, I swear if it's actually also Robin Atkin-Downes doing it

Quite sure it’s Tim Bentinck, the actor for Salzpyre: https://m.imdb.com/name/nm0072758/

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eha5tsrzvkE

Scandalous
Jul 16, 2009
I’m wrong and that guy rules he is clearly loving it

Zephro
Nov 23, 2000

I suppose I could part with one and still be feared...
I just replayed the Wizard's Tower for the first time in ages and man I hope this game has a level half as cool.

ChickenHeart
Nov 28, 2007

Take me at your own risk.

Kiss From a Hog
I hope we can tour the decorative skull factory and get to rummage through the bin of skulls that failed inspection

Termyie
Aug 18, 2022

Always choose violence.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KOxKxTcL1Xw

Seeing people having fun in this game makes me more and more excited to be playing it next month.

hemale in pain
Jun 5, 2010

The gameplay does look super sweet. I'm enjoying how it feels if that makes sense? Something like back 4 blood was dead on arrival for me because combat just felt like crap.

Deptfordx
Dec 23, 2013

Agreed, the B4B combat just felt completely weightless.

BadOptics
Sep 11, 2012

Pharmaskittle posted:

Sometimes you gotta interact with a barrel and carry it to a barrel shaped hole and plug it in. Sometimes you gotta play a little symbol game I don't understand

Your ogryn roleplaying is on point.

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

e: misread something as a question

I had a mission with 3 psykers who all had different voices and this one was far and away the best, this guy rules

Owl Inspector fucked around with this message at 17:06 on Oct 25, 2022

Edmond Dantes
Sep 12, 2007

Reactor: Online
Sensors: Online
Weapons: Online

ALL SYSTEMS NOMINAL

Gay Rat Wedding posted:

e: misread something as a question

lmao, post changed while I clicked quote.

I did notice the 'sluggishness' you mention regarding quickswapping weapons while playing Ogryn; I'm used to hitting Q mid-melee combo to fire off a single shot at a far-off special then swapping back to melee before the reload animation kicked in, and I couldn't get that going consistently with the Ogryn's single-shot shotgun in Darktide. I'd swap to the shotgun fine, but if I hit Q too fast after getting the shot off it just wouldn't take, while it would be perfectly fine in VT2. It may be a matter of getting used to the new timing though, or maybe they don't want people to play it 100% melee like VT (which would explain the push/push followups feeling somewhat slower); guess we'll see at launch.

DeathSandwich
Apr 24, 2008

I fucking hate puzzles.

Deptfordx posted:

Agreed, the B4B combat just felt completely weightless.

I think this was posted a few pages back, but it's always worth a laugh to compare Back 4 Blood and left 4 Dead because the latter was so ahead of its time with regards to art assets and modeling.

https://youtu.be/EdRLNUGmFC8

Siivola
Dec 23, 2012

Edmond Dantes posted:

I'd swap to the shotgun fine, but if I hit Q too fast after getting the shot off it just wouldn't take, while it would be perfectly fine in VT2. It may be a matter of getting used to the new timing though, or maybe they don't want people to play it 100% melee like VT (which would explain the push/push followups feeling somewhat slower); guess we'll see at launch.
It was confirmed a bug on the official forums iirc.

Corbeau
Sep 13, 2010

Jack of All Trades
There were a bunch of small but noticeable animation locks all over weapon handling that were exactly the sort of thing I'd expect to be present in a beta but smoothed out before release.

boredsatellite
Dec 7, 2013

DeathSandwich posted:

I think this was posted a few pages back, but it's always worth a laugh to compare Back 4 Blood and left 4 Dead because the latter was so ahead of its time with regards to art assets and modeling.

the lack of ragdoll is just so so bad

hemale in pain
Jun 5, 2010

DeathSandwich posted:

Yeah, me and my buddy were playing left4dead 2 before back 4 blood came out on gamepass and it was a big wtf moment. I think I played like 2 hours of b4b and was just like naaaaaah this is a step back in every single way.

Corbeau
Sep 13, 2010

Jack of All Trades
B4B had good gun balance and variety, both tactically in use and in strategically crafting a card build. Much more room for mechanical exploration than L4D.

Pity about literally everything else in B4B.

Edmond Dantes
Sep 12, 2007

Reactor: Online
Sensors: Online
Weapons: Online

ALL SYSTEMS NOMINAL

Siivola posted:

It was confirmed a bug on the official forums iirc.

Corbeau posted:

There were a bunch of small but noticeable animation locks all over weapon handling that were exactly the sort of thing I'd expect to be present in a beta but smoothed out before release.

Here's hoping!

DeathSandwich
Apr 24, 2008

I fucking hate puzzles.

Edmond Dantes posted:

Here's hoping!

Hope for the best. Prepare for Fatshark.

TaurusTorus
Mar 27, 2010

Grab the bullshit by the horns

Fatshark is truly the most 40k developer

“Hope is the first step on the road to disappointment”

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Fatshark's that bad? Aw. This was going to be the first game by them I played.

Vargs
Mar 27, 2010

Dawgstar posted:

Their games are great; they just tend to have plenty of bugs and a fairly glacial update pace.

DeathSandwich
Apr 24, 2008

I fucking hate puzzles.

Dawgstar posted:

Don't get me wrong, they make fun games. Their QA leaves a lot to be desired though. Expect random poo poo to be broken in really weird ways and to take way longer than it should to get fixed.

For example. Vermintide 2 put out a patch yesterday that fixed a bug in the Chaos Wastes to display "#NAME?" on most of the text boxes in the content.

Chaos Wastes have been out for a year and a half.

Edit: When vermintide 2 first came out, many weapon attributes and most character feats were completely nonfunctional and weren't fixed for like months and months. I still got every character to level cap in that period (so literally hundreds of hours). Don't let the bugs scare you the game will still more than likely be good.

DeathSandwich fucked around with this message at 03:45 on Oct 26, 2022

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011
While we're making GBS threads on B4B, I knew the instant I threw a bomb into a horde and the zombies just kinda... fell over limply, instead of turning into a shower of zombies parts, that the game didn't have the soul of l4d.

That plus the horrid multiplayer and levels just being long corridors with special zombie brickwalls of HP infinitely spawning in the way for most of the levels.

Alchenar
Apr 9, 2008

Yeah the guy who said Fatshark makes games that are Fun But Not Good was not talking nonsense.

Wheeee
Mar 11, 2001

When a tree grows, it is soft and pliable. But when it's dry and hard, it dies.

Hardness and strength are death's companions. Flexibility and softness are the embodiment of life.

That which has become hard shall not triumph.

Dawgstar posted:

Gamepass dawg, Phil got you covered

Orv
May 4, 2011

Alchenar posted:

Yeah the guy who said Fatshark makes games that are Fun But Not Good was not talking nonsense.

Fatshark makes art.

If slow motion, six year train wrecks were art.

S.J.
May 19, 2008

Just who the hell do you think we are?

Sorry I know this has been covered, but are there any platforms that cross play is going to work for? I couldn't find it in the thread and I'm very tired.

Orv
May 4, 2011

S.J. posted:

Sorry I know this has been covered, but are there any platforms that cross play is going to work for? I couldn't find it in the thread and I'm very tired.

Last word was no crossplay at launch.

boredsatellite
Dec 7, 2013

im just glad i got into vermintide 2 way after launch and had massive fun

S.J.
May 19, 2008

Just who the hell do you think we are?

Orv posted:

Last word was no crossplay at launch.

That makes it simple but unfortunate.

CODChimera
Jan 29, 2009

im conflicted between buying this now so i can play it in a couple of weeks or waiting 6 months for a better overall game

Sylphosaurus
Sep 6, 2007
Since my laptop is way too old to run this game and my console of choice is the PS5 I pretty much have no other choice than to hold out for a Playstation version.

boredsatellite
Dec 7, 2013

S.J. posted:

That makes it simple but unfortunate.

Apparently crossplay for gamepass games are rare or something. Wonder if its difficult to code or if its not worth doing

Orv
May 4, 2011
More likely than not it’s not worth doing limited crossplay because the big company you’re interfacing with will demand a cut of all micro transactions, probably a larger one if they’re the only one in the picture.

Azran
Sep 3, 2012

And what should one do to be remembered?
Wasn't there a VT2 bug that was fixed one patch before getting promptly unfixed the following patch multiple times?

Fishstick
Jul 9, 2005

Does not require preheating

boredsatellite posted:

Apparently crossplay for gamepass games are rare or something. Wonder if its difficult to code or if its not worth doing

Games on steam often use Steam's matchmaking/lobby system because, well, if youre selling on steam youre already paying for it, and its a good system, so why not. MS has their own entirely seperate matchmaking and lobby system for MS store / Xbox (Gamepass). This is why you'll see games like DRG have crossplay between Xbox and MS store, but not Xbox and Steam.

Ironically its probably easier if the game has its own custom lobby implementation since you can then "just" proxy for each different service, but if the game has been built from the ground up to use one specific service or the other it can be kind of a mess to get crossplay to work.

Given how much poo poo Fatshark got for promising dedicated servers for V2 and then never coming through, I can't blame them for being very cautious about promising crossplay.

CODChimera posted:

im conflicted between buying this now so i can play it in a couple of weeks or waiting 6 months for a better overall game

I'm a huge skeptic but FS games usually eventually get into a fun mostly playable state. You can preorder and check out the preorder beta and still refund it, regardless of how many hours you spent on it as long as you refund before actual launch. For me I'm mostly just curious if the performance issues have been fixed, because I can deal with the classic Fatshark un-polish, but not with multiple crashes every mission and playing on low/med on a RTX3070

Azran posted:

Wasn't there a VT2 bug that was fixed one patch before getting promptly unfixed the following patch multiple times?

Multiple times, usually the "ability doesnt work for clients" stuff, and the infamous stagger bug where light staggers overwrite heavy staggers (so a knocked-down enemy will suddenly stand up because he got shoved).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TescoBag
Dec 2, 2009

Oh god, not again.

I feel like we should have a poll up to see which platform most goons will be playing on