Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
is that XBSX2?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
Yeah, there's a retail version. Just open Edge on your Xbox and type in tinyurl.com/mryset5w

Seems to be working flawlessly for me so far, although it's running off an ancient 32GB thumb drive so load times / performance might be able to be improved a bit I don't really know how any of this works I'm just gonna play Burnout 3 in 4K60 for the rest of my life.

Thom12255
Feb 23, 2013
WHERE THE FUCK IS MY MONEY
I am disappointed that Victoria 3 got suddenly canceled from going on Gamepass.

webmeister
Jan 31, 2007

The answer is, mate, because I want to do you slowly. There has to be a bit of sport in this for all of us. In the psychological battle stakes, we are stripped down and ready to go. I want to see those ashen-faced performances; I want more of them. I want to be encouraged. I want to see you squirm.

Thom12255 posted:

I am disappointed that Victoria 3 got suddenly canceled from going on Gamepass.

Likewise! Given that CK3 is still on there after two years, I wouldn't be surprised if V3 gets added eventually, but I suspect the MS bucks from licensing didn't make up for the lost sales in the first few days and weeks. I reckon we'll see it when there's DLC for sale

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro

Just got Ape Escape 3 going, Xbox stays winning

CV 64 Fan
Oct 13, 2012

It's pretty dope.
Just beat Jet Li's Rise To Honor. It was, as the childrens say, kino.

nom epique
Apr 24, 2022

by VideoGames
Gosh Xbox is junk. Definitely regret copping at this point. Would like to sell but I’m so disgusted with the lack of games I’m temped to just run it over with a bulldozer or huck it off a bridge at this point. Pure junk.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

nom epique posted:

Gosh Xbox is junk. Definitely regret copping at this point. Would like to sell but I’m so disgusted with the lack of games I’m temped to just run it over with a bulldozer or huck it off a bridge at this point. Pure junk.

:goofy:

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

highme
May 25, 2001

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

Here’s some of that attention you seem to be craving OP.

heehee
Sep 5, 2012

haha wow i cant believe how lucky we got to win :D

nom epique posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WP9_P5XUVWw&t=89s

RenegadeStyle1
Jun 7, 2005

Baby Come Back

Feels Villeneuve posted:

yeah you can just turn the online off when you start the game. i think basically all it does is the bit where you can see the most popular choice that people made on any given day

It fixed itself which is a good thing because I am using the hell out of the online thing. I use it as a guide because I don't wanna look up to much of the game but the day system is still pretty confusing to me.

Sywert of Thieves
Nov 7, 2005

The pirate code is really more of a guideline, than actual rules.

I just got a promo link somewhere telling me that Gas Station Simulator is out on Xbox. It looked familiar, so I looked it up and... yup.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rtdC8pidKNY

No idea how this broken mess made it through cert, but it looks fun enough.

The Kins
Oct 2, 2004
Wololo...

https://twitter.com/gematsu/status/1584798513569107970

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

gently caress yes

John F Bennett
Jan 30, 2013

I always wear my wedding ring. It's my trademark.

Why the second one and not the fourth?

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
probably because the 2nd is the actually popular one

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Larry Parrish posted:

thinking it's this OP

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
[thinking harder than I've ever thought before] why not port the one that sold worse than 3

webmeister
Jan 31, 2007

The answer is, mate, because I want to do you slowly. There has to be a bit of sport in this for all of us. In the psychological battle stakes, we are stripped down and ready to go. I want to see those ashen-faced performances; I want more of them. I want to be encouraged. I want to see you squirm.
I'm a big fan of AOE2 but not super excited for this - I really don't see how you can play it properly on a console

Will see what happens I guess

Rocket Pan
Nov 3, 2011

Anything can be sent, as long as it's less than 1200 bytes

webmeister posted:

I'm a big fan of AOE2 but not super excited for this - I really don't see how you can play it properly on a console

Will see what happens I guess

Pro tip: You can connect a keyboard and mouse to an Xbox.

Thom12255
Feb 23, 2013
WHERE THE FUCK IS MY MONEY

Rocket Pan posted:

Pro tip: You can connect a keyboard and mouse to an Xbox.

There's a bunch of ported PC games that don't let you use them though which is incredibly annoying.

John F Bennett
Jan 30, 2013

Larry Parrish posted:

Too bad. I haven't played the second one since the time it originally came out, but I'm really enjoying the last installment. The AI seems to have been much improved, and it also looks very good.

silence_kit
Jul 14, 2011

by the sex ghost

Thom12255 posted:

There's a bunch of ported PC games that don't let you use them though which is incredibly annoying.

It would be insane if the new Xbox AoE2 port would not allow you to use keyboard and mouse.

John F Bennett posted:

Too bad. I haven't played the second one since the time it originally came out, but I'm really enjoying the last installment. The AI seems to have been much improved, and it also looks very good.

The AI in this AoE2 remaster has improved a lot since the original AoE2. It's able to put up a good fight without cheating/getting a resource gathering bonus.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"
Got myself an early Christmas present with my tax return in the form of a Series X from Microsoft's online store. I may have also spent more of said tax return on one of those shiny Lunar Shift controllers too. It is very pretty, and I like the rubber grips on the outside of the handles.

Now I just gotta wait for my XboxSeX to turn up in the mail in a few days so I can play games with it. :shepface: (I've got Game Pass Ultimate, and a shitload of X360 games ready and waiting to play on something that doesn't sound like a jet engine in takeoff)

edit: Also is the PDP Media Remote worth getting at all for BluRay's, DVD's, etc?

Neddy Seagoon fucked around with this message at 13:22 on Oct 25, 2022

John F Bennett
Jan 30, 2013

silence_kit posted:

The AI in this AoE2 remaster has improved a lot since the original AoE2. It's able to put up a good fight without cheating/getting a resource gathering bonus.

Interesting, good to know. Either way, I'm most definitely very interested in having an AoE on console. I'm sure they'll adapt the controls to work well with a controller, otherwise I might as well just stick to pc.

Rocket Pan
Nov 3, 2011

Anything can be sent, as long as it's less than 1200 bytes

Neddy Seagoon posted:

edit: Also is the PDP Media Remote worth getting at all for BluRay's, DVD's, etc?

I actually just got this today myself. Combined with CEC it's a great way of using my TV from a single remote to run YouTube.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Rocket Pan posted:

I actually just got this today myself. Combined with CEC it's a great way of using my TV from a single remote to run YouTube.

I'll give it a consider then! My PS5's my main streaming-service media machine, remote for it and all, but it doesn't like one or two of my older DVD's that my PS2 will happily play. So I'm just curious as to if the XBox's drive might fair any better with them (It's very much an this-only-affects-me use case, I know)

The Kins
Oct 2, 2004

John F Bennett posted:

Why the second one and not the fourth?
AoE4's also getting a big anniversary update as part of this event. I suspect they're not done with it, and are using AoE2 to dip their toes into the "can we make this work on a console without mandating KB+M" waters.

Fanatic
Mar 9, 2006

:eyepop:

The Kins posted:

AoE4's also getting a big anniversary update as part of this event. I suspect they're not done with it, and are using AoE2 to dip their toes into the "can we make this work on a console without mandating KB+M" waters.

I'm kinda surprised they aren't going with AoE4 to console as its resource collection mechanics are much simpler and more streamlined compared to AoE2's, so might be OK with a controller (well as much as Starcraft 64 was).

Sywert of Thieves
Nov 7, 2005

The pirate code is really more of a guideline, than actual rules.

Neddy Seagoon posted:

Got myself an early Christmas present with my tax return in the form of a Series X from Microsoft's online store. I may have also spent more of said tax return on one of those shiny Lunar Shift controllers too. It is very pretty, and I like the rubber grips on the outside of the handles.

Now I just gotta wait for my XboxSeX to turn up in the mail in a few days so I can play games with it. :shepface: (I've got Game Pass Ultimate, and a shitload of X360 games ready and waiting to play on something that doesn't sound like a jet engine in takeoff)

Enjoy it! The XSX is incredibly fast, and very quiet. Going from an XB1S to this was already a huge difference. Coming from a 360 would probably give you whiplash.

Haven't used the remote at all.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Age of Empires 2 Definitive Edition is the best of the series by far. Ended up being disappointed with Age of Empires IV, but wasn't really that surprised either.

nom epique
Apr 24, 2022

by VideoGames

Neddy Seagoon posted:

I'll give it a consider then! My PS5's my main streaming-service media machine, remote for it and all, but it doesn't like one or two of my older DVD's that my PS2 will happily play. So I'm just curious as to if the XBox's drive might fair any better with them (It's very much an this-only-affects-me use case, I know)

Now you will have two pieces of expensive plastic with no games op. In all serious I’m just about as disappointed as can be with Xbox.

Wiltsghost
Mar 27, 2011

4 is also coming.

https://twitter.com/Nibellion/status/1584954603056992256

TenTwelveTwelve
Oct 12, 2012
Fired up Dead Space because of the Gamepass perk that gave you a bunch of DLC. It's weird seeing my old save file from like a decade ago on the series X.

I should have probably played it on PC instead, but I'm already at chapter 5 so I'll just keep doing my one gun playthrough.

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

I DON'T GIVE A CRAP WHAT SHE BELIEVES THE HARRY POTTER BOOKS CHANGED MY LIFE #HUFFLEPUFF

Is this not going to be on Game Pass? The gently caress we doing here?

Zerot
Aug 18, 2006

1glitch0 posted:

Both games will be on Game Pass.

Wiltsghost
Mar 27, 2011

They're just both going to be on console now.

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo

1glitch0 posted:

Hey there Mr. Magoo.

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

I DON'T GIVE A CRAP WHAT SHE BELIEVES THE HARRY POTTER BOOKS CHANGED MY LIFE #HUFFLEPUFF

American McGay posted:

Hey there Mr. Magoo.

Well good! Now I know what the gently caress we're doing here!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Toaster Beef
Jan 23, 2007

that's not nature's way
something about those occasional "WHAT THE gently caress" "look, here" "oh okay cool" forums interactions is kinda heartwarming