Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

CODChimera
Jan 29, 2009

fun hater posted:

^^ please do it and email it to me by 9am tomorrow bc i dont want to do this page

hmm. well it sucks for the people depending on you because you seem more willing to continue to put them into, and i cannot stress this word enough, perceived harms way and financial peril in order to prove some kind of point to someone instead of taking literally any action to demonstrate legitimacy and return the thread to its intended purpose. the math does not add up, to me. well. bon soir

im trying to be as sincere and honest here when i tell you it's insulting to be told im acting in malice considering the clearly dismissive responses i received to a genuine, but a little rude (?), post that offers a solution to the stated problem (that people now feel unsafe to post in this thread). this can be solved, near instantly, in my eyes by simply providing anything at all to an admin offering a low bar. it is legitimately confounding to insist that other people are making your thread feel unsafe while providing no cover when i know it exists and can be accessed.

also, i really really would honestly with my full heart like to know what the patreon cut is for the new tiers including fees. i hate patreon so much. i want more ammo, to hate them.

but: this all seems very emotionally manipulative, to share testimonials instead of data when requested, esp when ive said before that was my intent. sucks. [oblivion npc voice] well. bye

this is the kind of response i was talking abt btw. its weird to ask me for money and then get mad when i dont have any money. in the thread for goons with no money lol

it's just funny that you guys keep trying to make this about yourselves but anything for the drama i guess

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Daniel Dales Dick
Apr 8, 2020

”With the coldest winter ever recorded, with snow setting record levels up and down the coast, the Nobel committee should take the Nobel Prize back from Al Gore"

fun hater posted:

^^ please do it and email it to me by 9am tomorrow bc i dont want to do this page

hmm. well it sucks for the people depending on you because you seem more willing to continue to put them into, and i cannot stress this word enough, perceived harms way and financial peril in order to prove some kind of point to someone instead of taking literally any action to demonstrate legitimacy and return the thread to its intended purpose. the math does not add up, to me. well. bon soir

im trying to be as sincere and honest here when i tell you it's insulting to be told im acting in malice considering the clearly dismissive responses i received to a genuine, but a little rude (?), post that offers a solution to the stated problem (that people now feel unsafe to post in this thread). this can be solved, near instantly, in my eyes by simply providing anything at all to an admin offering a low bar. it is legitimately confounding to insist that other people are making your thread feel unsafe while providing no cover when i know it exists and can be accessed.

also, i really really would honestly with my full heart like to know what the patreon cut is for the new tiers including fees. i hate patreon so much. i want more ammo, to hate them.

but: this all seems very emotionally manipulative, to share testimonials instead of data when requested, esp when ive said before that was my intent. sucks. [oblivion npc voice] well. bye

this is the kind of response i was talking abt btw. its weird to ask me for money and then get mad when i dont have any money. in the thread for goons with no money lol

Shut the gently caress up.

Hot Karl Marx
Mar 16, 2009

Politburo regulations about social distancing require to downgrade your Karlmarxing to cold, and sorry about the dnc primaries, please enjoy!

If you're so concerned about helping goons get funds why aren't you helping the new goon fund get off the ground?

lousy hat
Jul 17, 2004

bone appetit
Clapping Larry
I don’t post much but I’ve been a happy contributor to Plinkey’s aid fund for years now. over that time he and recipients have provided testimonials sufficient for me to believe that it is being handled properly, people who ask for aid get it, and that I have nothing to worry about.

I personally don’t care what disingenuous bad faith just-asking-questions QCS thread posters, outside mods, and admins have come in here to say. I’ve read all of the evidence-free handwringing, all of the vague implications, and the baseless assertions.

I am completely satisfied with my ongoing donations, and will continue to donate to Plinkey’s aid fund regardless of whatever dumb poo poo gets invented by helldump-but-passive-aggressive-this-time posters with “just looking out for the poor donors” concerns.

Plinkey
Aug 4, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

lousy hat posted:

I don’t post much but I’ve been a happy contributor to Plinkey’s aid fund for years now. over that time he and recipients have provided testimonials sufficient for me to believe that it is being handled properly, people who ask for aid get it, and that I have nothing to worry about.

I personally don’t care what disingenuous bad faith just-asking-questions QCS thread posters, outside mods, and admins have come in here to say. I’ve read all of the evidence-free handwringing, all of the vague implications, and the baseless assertions.

I am completely satisfied with my ongoing donations, and will continue to donate to Plinkey’s aid fund regardless of whatever dumb poo poo gets invented by helldump-but-passive-aggressive-this-time posters with “just looking out for the poor donors” concerns.

thank you, but it's more than that, it's people literally being scared away from this thread because of QCS, it just really does not sit right with me at all.

Of course there is not much I can do other than keep doing it and hope that they get bored

Plinkey has issued a correction as of 13:48 on Oct 25, 2022

spacemang_spliff
Nov 29, 2014

wide pickle

Daniel Dales Dick posted:

SirPablo
May 1, 2004

Pillbug

UFOTacoMan
Sep 22, 2005

Thanks easter bunny!
bok bok!

spacemang_spliff
Nov 29, 2014

wide pickle
If you're coming in here to start poo poo probes are going to be longer than a 6er.

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011
arf@money.com

mags
May 30, 2008

I am a congenital optimist.

mags
May 30, 2008

I am a congenital optimist.
plinkey you do good things

Ronwayne
Nov 20, 2007

That warm and fuzzy feeling.
Thanks for the help Pinkey, got the brain meds prescription renewed, so, :shepicide: thoughts are being kept at bay for another month.

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012
if anyone is harassing goons asking for money they should be exposed and called out, but also

bebop esq
Apr 17, 2006

hi boys

fun hater posted:

im not understanding this defensiveness

yeah man i can't understand why someone who began a charity fund and is getting called an alcoholic gambler who is stealing from said fund would get defensive, hmm it's a real head-scratcher.

in other words,

Elephanthead
Sep 11, 2008

Toilet Rascal
why don’t you want the unvetted, unbonded, unpaid mods with no identification to have complete access to your financial records? seems suss

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

Plinkey posted:

you're welcome, and brave

I'm gunna post some emails that I've gotten since like Thursday and when I was out of town over the weekend, but this to me is completely unacceptable, people are afraid to post in this thread now

good job everyone

Plinkey posted:

nah, we need to see records, emails, documentation!

Didn't you say you don't share stuff like this? I don't think you gotta do stuff like this to own people on the internet man.

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011
my email is Arf

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011
where money

Cup Runneth Over
Aug 8, 2009

She said life's
Too short to worry
Life's too long to wait
It's too short
Not to love everybody
Life's too long to hate

AnimeIsTrash posted:

Didn't you say you don't share stuff like this? I don't think you gotta do stuff like this to own people on the internet man.

cool kafka trap

vortmax
Sep 24, 2008

In meteorology, vorticity often refers to a measurement of the spin of horizontally flowing air about a vertical axis.

ArfJason posted:

where money
do you accept dogecoin?

Daniel Dales Dick
Apr 8, 2020

”With the coldest winter ever recorded, with snow setting record levels up and down the coast, the Nobel committee should take the Nobel Prize back from Al Gore"

spacemang_spliff posted:

If you're coming in here to start poo poo probes are going to be longer than a 6er.

Prove it.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Filthy Hans
Jun 27, 2008

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 10 years!)

yo can I get 5 bux so I can buy myself a new av

WrasslorMonkey
Mar 5, 2012

Depending on the answer I may need 10 bux.

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011
Dosh

on the computer
Jan 4, 2012

I'll have the usual

Second Hand Meat Mouth
Sep 12, 2001

Filthy Hans posted:

yo can I get 5 bux so I can buy myself a new av

where did your bernie go

Filthy Hans
Jun 27, 2008

by Fluffdaddy

500 good dogs posted:

where did your bernie go

replaced with a series of atrocious lies about my manhood, then Bernietar reappered for a couple hours and then nothing

there's a shadow war being fought over my av and sig and only some of the belligerents have revealed themselves

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007

Filthy Hans posted:

replaced with a series of atrocious lies about my manhood, then Bernietar reappered for a couple hours and then nothing

there's a shadow war being fought over my av and sig and only some of the belligerents have revealed themselves

I know we got into a tiff about Matthew Perry but I swear it wasn't me

Filthy Hans
Jun 27, 2008

by Fluffdaddy

Pepe Silvia Browne posted:

I know we got into a tiff about Matthew Perry but I swear it wasn't me

that was beneath us both

Second Hand Meat Mouth
Sep 12, 2001
are matthew and katy perry related

spacemang_spliff
Nov 29, 2014

wide pickle

500 good dogs posted:

are matthew and katy perry related

yes katy is his mom

g0lbez
Dec 25, 2004

and then you'll beg
is this still a thing? i'm actually in a lot of trouble so i figure i'd send a request a few days ago even if the timing is terrible but i haven't gotten a reply yet. i mean i certainly hope it's still a thing since the patreon is still accepting donations and i'm sure there's still some left in the fund. being poor sux!!

pandy fackler
Jun 2, 2020

Plinkey posted:

nah, we need to see records, emails, documentation!

i havent seen one single person say that anybody else should see these emails?? just money in money out. nobody wants to know anything about the ppl getting funds. why are u posting these

lousy hat
Jul 17, 2004

bone appetit
Clapping Larry
if you want to help goons who need aid, give to the fund and support it or shut the gently caress up.

if you already support the fund and you think plinkey's not trustworthy, then present literally any real evidence or just stop giving and shut the gently caress up.

if you don't give to the fund and won't because you have concerns or "concerns", put this energy towards helping people in other ways irl and shut the gently caress up

if you don't actually care about this but need some drama online, then shut the gently caress up but also log off and examine your life

vortmax
Sep 24, 2008

In meteorology, vorticity often refers to a measurement of the spin of horizontally flowing air about a vertical axis.

g0lbez posted:

is this still a thing? i'm actually in a lot of trouble so i figure i'd send a request a few days ago even if the timing is terrible but i haven't gotten a reply yet. i mean i certainly hope it's still a thing since the patreon is still accepting donations and i'm sure there's still some left in the fund. being poor sux!!
Yes, it's still a thing. He only checks the email two or three times a week, but you can PM him to check.

Cup Runneth Over
Aug 8, 2009

She said life's
Too short to worry
Life's too long to wait
It's too short
Not to love everybody
Life's too long to hate

Crime on a Dime stopped posting, so I assume they got paid. Or starved to death

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

lousy hat posted:

if you want to help goons who need aid, give to the fund and support it or shut the gently caress up.

if you already support the fund and you think plinkey's not trustworthy, then present literally any real evidence or just stop giving and shut the gently caress up.

if you don't give to the fund and won't because you have concerns or "concerns", put this energy towards helping people in other ways irl and shut the gently caress up

if you don't actually care about this but need some drama online, then shut the gently caress up but also log off and examine your life

How come you guys are all like this? You should have more visibility into money matters especially when the fund is making $3k a month. That's an extremely reasonable request.

RandomBlue
Dec 30, 2012

hay guys!

Biscuit Hider

AnimeIsTrash posted:

How come you guys are all like this? You should have more visibility into money matters especially when the fund is making $3k a month. That's an extremely reasonable request.

gently caress

OFF

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

theflyingexecutive
Apr 22, 2007

lousy hat posted:

the concern trolls are doing a great job keeping the thread bumped after the unsticky though