Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant

Mr Hootington posted:

I hope we get more Wasp kicking rear end and being ant-man's straight man.
Evangeline Lilly is an antivax COVID denying fuckstick.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lunatic Sledge
Jun 8, 2013

choose your own horror isekai sci-fi Souls-like urban fantasy gamer simulator adventure

or don't?
I like Stature as a name but I think Stinger fits ... better

it could still do with some workshopping

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

At least it's not Ant-Girl

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

TwoPair posted:

I thought it looked pretty good personally. It is funny that the best Wasp suit is the one they just showed off but never used at the end of Ant-Man 1.

I wonder if they're gonna change Cassie's superhero name in the MCU. I hope so because "Stature" has always sounded dumb to me, I don't know if that's a hot take or not.

She should get some nephews and nieces in a future timeline so she can be Ant Aunt.

Don't anybody @ me with replies about those not being homophones because of your weird regional pronunciations. Just let me have my homophonia.

Lunatic Sledge
Jun 8, 2013

choose your own horror isekai sci-fi Souls-like urban fantasy gamer simulator adventure

or don't?
Sometimes Bigger Or Smaller Lady

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY

FilthyImp posted:

So?

Lunatic Sledge
Jun 8, 2013

or don't?

Lobok posted:

She should get some nephews and nieces in a future timeline so she can be Ant Aunt.

Don't anybody @ me with replies about those not being homophones because of your weird regional pronunciations. Just let me have my homophonia.

THIS SUMMER

THE MCU

IS REALLY GOING

TO UP

THE AUNTIE

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

FilthyImp posted:

Check the username when you're replying. It's not worth your time.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

Lobok posted:

Is it time for another "Squirrel Girl rhymes in the US and not England" derail?

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

Aphrodite posted:

Check the username when you're replying. It's not worth your time.

Covid denial is a mainstream view in the country she lives in. In fact the government of that country declared it over and not a problem.

Idk maybe we get a twofer and they kill off Letitia and evangeline

Edit: if Letitia's or Evangeline's opinions are that offensive then do not watch the movies.

Mr Hootington fucked around with this message at 22:39 on Oct 24, 2022

Lunatic Sledge
Jun 8, 2013

or don't?
while Cassie is obviously in the family of ant superheroes, iirc she didn't really utilize the ant stuff as much as the size changing stuff; the connection is there but she's not, strictly, an ant focused hero

more ant-esque, ant adjacent, an anty hero if you will

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

Mass Lass

Lunatic Sledge
Jun 8, 2013

or don't?
Size Queen

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Lunatic Sledge posted:

while Cassie is obviously in the family of ant superheroes, iirc she didn't really utilize the ant stuff as much as the size changing stuff; the connection is there but she's not, strictly, an ant focused hero

more ant-esque, ant adjacent, an anty hero if you will

As Stature, she only had the size changing powers because she had stolen and messed around with Scott's pym particles. She never had an ant control helmet.

As Stinger, she does now.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Mr Hootington posted:

Covid denial is a mainstream view in the country she lives in. In fact the government of that country declared it over and not a problem.

Neither of those things are true

Parkingtigers
Feb 23, 2008
TARGET CONSUMER
LOVES EVERY FUCKING GAME EVER MADE. EVER.
I'm kinda unenthused about Ant-Man 3 going such big stakes, because too much is too big... but gently caress it, we'll be getting a ton of Michelle Pfeiffer and therefore this movie cannot be bad. That's just science.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

It feels like there’s still tons of potential for weirdness and comedy in there. Obviously it’s not gonna be a heist movie or anything but I dunno. Looks fun.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

Opopanax posted:

Neither of those things are true

Yes it is.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Can Ruben Rabasa be the new Stan Lee? That felt like what would have been the Stan Lee cameo.

Put Ruben in everything please.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

I'm not sure what country you think she's from but I can assure you you're wrong

E: no you know what, never mind. Ok Hoot, you're right

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

Opopanax posted:

I'm not sure what country you think she's from but I can assure you you're wrong

She currently lives in the USA which recently had its president declare the pandemic over. Again.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Mr Hootington posted:

She currently lives in the USA which recently had its president declare the pandemic over. Again.

Shut up.

Nobody carry this dumb tangent on.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

X-O posted:

Shut up.

Nobody carry this dumb tangent on.

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

That's the director confirming. Follows Patti Harrison showing up in She-Hulk.

Nailed it

Joe Fisto
Dec 6, 2002

And I looked, and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was Death, and Hell followed with him.
Sometimes crappy people are in things I want to enjoy. It sucks. Sadly there’s no ethical consumption under capitalism.

BrianWilly
Apr 24, 2007

There is no homosexual terrorist Johnny Silverhand
I mean, that's why I said "I hope her role is less prominent." Didn't expect there to be Evangeline Lilly stans or whatever.

Joe Fisto
Dec 6, 2002

And I looked, and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was Death, and Hell followed with him.

BrianWilly posted:

I mean, that's why I said "I hope her role is less prominent." Didn't expect there to be Evangeline Lilly stans or whatever.

There’s always one

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
I mean, if this was back when Lost was on i'd be extremely defensive of her because TEAM KATE

MH Knights
Aug 4, 2007

X-O posted:

Can Ruben Rabasa be the new Stan Lee? That felt like what would have been the Stan Lee cameo.

Put Ruben in everything please.

Can Madisynn show up in the back ground of random bars/club scenes?

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

The Gologle Posting Experience.

<3

I am actually shocked this isn't already a name that some obscure hero/villain has. It feels like it should be.

Napoleon Nelson
Nov 8, 2012

Gologle posted:

I am actually shocked this isn't already a name that some obscure hero/villain has. It feels like it should be.

Adam Warren used it in Empowered, I think that qualifies

Gravitas Shortfall
Jul 17, 2007

Utility is seven-eighths Proximity.

One of the things that I really liked about the Ant Man films was that they were based around personal stakes and character moments.

This does not look like that :smith:

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Napoleon Nelson posted:

Adam Warren used it in Empowered, I think that qualifies

It was also a name in that kinda wretched 'comedy' Image series Bomb Queen.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Gravitas Shortfall posted:

One of the things that I really liked about the Ant Man films was that they were based around personal stakes and character moments.

This does not look like that :smith:

It's the Ant family adventure in the Quantum Realm. It's still gonna be that.

Like don't get too distracted by Kang. This is either the first appearance of the character that will have his name in the title of an Avengers movie or he's a variant.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Since they've established the quantum realm as being how they do time travel, it makes sense for Kang's citadel to be there.

Opopanax fucked around with this message at 20:49 on Oct 25, 2022

Gravitas Shortfall
Jul 17, 2007

Utility is seven-eighths Proximity.

Codependent Poster posted:

It's the Ant family adventure in the Quantum Realm. It's still gonna be that.

Like don't get too distracted by Kang. This is either the first appearance of the character that will have his name in the title of an Avengers movie or he's a variant.

Yeah but it's all THE FATE OF THE UNIVERSE IS AT STAKE and WHOAH ANOTHER DIMENSION and what I liked about Ant Man was that it wasn't about that, and it was nice that there was a bit of the MCU that didn't have to be.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

So how many characters die so Scott has to do a deal with Kang to save them?

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch

Opopanax posted:

Since they've established the quantum realm as being how they do time travel, it makes sense for Lang's citadel to be there.

wow this story is going places

Gravitas Shortfall posted:

Yeah but it's all THE FATE OF THE UNIVERSE IS AT STAKE and WHOAH ANOTHER DIMENSION and what I liked about Ant Man was that it wasn't about that, and it was nice that there was a bit of the MCU that didn't have to be.

yeah I'm not gonna hold out hope it can actually thread the needle and do both, but i really liked ant man being just kinda light hearted hijinks. but it may just be that they made the trailer super serious while the actual movie isn't who knows

site fucked around with this message at 16:27 on Oct 25, 2022

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

With the whole gang there this is the kind of thing I'm hoping for from Fantastic Four. A family adventure to a strange new world.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

glitchwraith
Dec 29, 2008

STAC Goat posted:

It feels like there’s still tons of potential for weirdness and comedy in there. Obviously it’s not gonna be a heist movie or anything but I dunno. Looks fun.

I'd heard early plot synopsis (or maybe it was speculation?) that it would still be a heist movie, just one put together by Kang and taking place in the Quantum Realm. While I'm sure the movie will set the seeds for whatever Kang has going on, I feel certain the movie will focus on the Ant family as the primary stakes.