Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

F_Shit_Fitzgerald
Feb 2, 2017

WoodrowSkillson posted:

All 3 of the core group have mentioned it or are clearly aware, Mike and jf from yks are also goons, so is Liz bruenig.

This stupid site continues to have an outsized influence

Well, better SA, which is fairly innocuous as far as modern internet goes, than something like Reddit, I guess.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames

F_Shit_Fitzgerald posted:

Well, better SA, which is fairly innocuous as far as modern internet goes, than something like Reddit, I guess.

A weird thing to say about a podcast whose content is 99% Twitter beefs

Mill Village
Jul 27, 2007

Bust Rodd posted:

A weird thing to say about a podcast whose content is 99% Twitter beefs

Jorts did nothing wrong!

Dr Christmas
Apr 24, 2010

Berninating the one percent,
Berninating the Wall St.
Berninating all the people
In their high rise penthouses!
🔥😱🔥🔫👴🏻

Huh. Dr Oz has been weird and awkward and all, but that’s never been something to get Republicans to turn on their own, especially in comparison to the ongoing Herschel Walker saga. I haven’t heard of Oz breaking with right wing orthodoxy recently. Is there some kind of showbiz-related beef from Ben’s forays into that world?

selec
Sep 6, 2003

Dr Christmas posted:

Huh. Dr Oz has been weird and awkward and all, but that’s never been something to get Republicans to turn on their own, especially in comparison to the Walker stuff. I haven’t heard of Oz breaking with right wing orthodoxy recently. Is there some kind of showbiz-related beef from Ben’s forays into that world?

I take back all the things I said about how deep fakes won’t be an issue for at least another decade w/r/t our politics lol

No Dignity
Oct 15, 2007

My spicy take is plausible photo manips and deep fakes are lame and annoying even when it's being done by 'our' side, reality is already decaying and malleable enough without throwing fuel on the fire

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
Deep Fakes feel less offensive and insane to me than whatever the gently caress G. W. pulled in Florida against Al Gore

The Chad Jihad
Feb 24, 2007

Dr Christmas posted:

Huh. Dr Oz has been weird and awkward and all, but that’s never been something to get Republicans to turn on their own, especially in comparison to the ongoing Herschel Walker saga. I haven’t heard of Oz breaking with right wing orthodoxy recently. Is there some kind of showbiz-related beef from Ben’s forays into that world?

Get your head in the game man

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug
Ben reverted to Islam and is now Antifa.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

Shapiro would defend Mengele if he was running as a Republican how do you fall for that lmao

Dr Christmas
Apr 24, 2010

Berninating the one percent,
Berninating the Wall St.
Berninating all the people
In their high rise penthouses!
🔥😱🔥🔫👴🏻
I fell for that by not watching the video :shepicide:

Blood Boils
Dec 27, 2006

Its not an S, on my planet it means QUIPS

NoEyedSquareGuy posted:

Get your mental health advice from Wizard Master instead.

Inside my anxiety there are two wolves,

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames

Groovelord Neato posted:

Shapiro would defend Mengele if he was running as a Republican how do you fall for that lmao

“How do you fall for that?” - gesturing at a total miracle of science fiction that would’ve seemed like literal arcane magic even 30 years ago.

Saagonsa
Dec 29, 2012

Bro it's extremely just statements he has made edited out of context

Saagonsa
Dec 29, 2012

It's funny but incredibly clearly fake.

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD
https://twitter.com/HillaryClinton/status/791263939015376902

holefoods
Jan 10, 2022

Imagine history books including tweets

Pharmaskittle
Dec 17, 2007

arf arf put the money in the fuckin bag

how about Heinrich They/Themmler

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

can't spell hitler without "IT HER L"

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames

holefoods posted:

Imagine history books including tweets

Imagine trying to teach US History without including Trump’s tweets…

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

chapter 14: bush II, 9/11, Iraq, the obama years, the 2016 presidential campaign

chapter 15: "covfefe" to "rigged"

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

Bust Rodd posted:

“How do you fall for that?” - gesturing at a total miracle of science fiction that would’ve seemed like literal arcane magic even 30 years ago.

It doesn't matter if it's a perfect deepfake if it's a person saying something they never would how would you fall for it.

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦

Gotta say, whatever you think of him now, Trump was a cute kid

The Kingfish
Oct 21, 2015

Hi! Goodnight everybody!

Uncle Boogeyman
Jul 22, 2007

Bust Rodd posted:

a compelling argument that the deepfake in question could potentially fool someone who'd been in a coma for 30 years

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

lol Breitbart Biederman interview

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003
I WILL CUT OFF BOTH OF MY ARMS BEFORE I VOTE FOR ANYONE THAT IS MORE POPULAR THAN BERNIE!!!!!
I don't listen to Ben Shapiro enough to know who he'd endorse in an election, thank God.

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Everybody's working for the weekend
I knew the average poster age was pretty old, but I didn't know we'd aged into dementia already.

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

Apparently some Breitbart reporter did an article about going to one of the recent live shows

https://www.breitbart.com/entertainment/2022/10/25/morris-chapo-pilled-in-times-square/amp/

holefoods
Jan 10, 2022

FlamingLiberal posted:

Apparently some Breitbart reporter did an article about going to one of the recent live shows

https://www.breitbart.com/entertainment/2022/10/25/morris-chapo-pilled-in-times-square/amp/

I like that the writer tries to do the “leftists are actually elites and everyone there was rich and well dressed” and half of the people in the crowd photo wouldn’t be out of place at a goon meetup playing magic the gathering.

NoEyedSquareGuy
Mar 16, 2009

Just because Liquor's dead, doesn't mean you can just roll this bitch all over town with "The Freedoms."

FlamingLiberal posted:

quote:

Their ideology is thoughtful and often well-informed, despite being misguided in the opinion of this website’s editorial perspective.

We're actually not dipshits, honest.

holefoods
Jan 10, 2022

Is there even remotely a right equivalent to chapo or is it impossible since life is meaningless and chuds only care about money? Is it really just stephen crowder for those freaks? Awful.

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

holefoods posted:

Is there even remotely a right equivalent to chapo or is it impossible since life is meaningless and chuds only care about money? Is it really just stephen crowder for those freaks? Awful.
Joe Rogan is the closest in terms of something that people pay attention to. Yes, Crowder and those various idiots are around, but they are not making waves in the media at all. Rogan is not explicitly political but he definitely leans to the right and is more sympathetic to right-wing figures.

Farm Frenzy
Jan 3, 2007

you arent gonna get the chapo affect of posters who've been to grad school on the right. the closest would be all the aimee terese/kantbot etc things but thats way too esoteric to catch on

Dr Kool-AIDS
Mar 26, 2004

Am I missing something, or when Matt rambles about the political system collapsing into national divorce and a caretaker technocratic federal government backed by the military is that just because it would be too lib brained to say Republicans are going to seize power and actually use it instead of devolving it to the states?

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
The only “alt-right comedy” is apolitical, there isn’t really an Alt-Right comedy scene, there’s just an offensive comedy scene that gets alt-right adjacent until the comedians have to be like “ok uh nobody hang out with Gavin McInnis anymore, he went too crazy”

porfiria
Dec 10, 2008

by Modern Video Games

Dr Kool-AIDS posted:

Am I missing something, or when Matt rambles about the political system collapsing into national divorce and a caretaker technocratic federal government backed by the military is that just because it would be too lib brained to say Republicans are going to seize power and actually use it instead of devolving it to the states?

I think they tend to downplay this possibility because it does smack of Lib Hysteria...but it also seems like a live possibility to me.

It's hard to say exactly how mask-off the GOP could be in terms of seizing power, but as long as it has a fig leaf of constitutionality to it, it's hard to imagine the democrats/the masses doing anything other than massive protests which would just be ignored or suppressed. Similarly, unless "seizing power" involves literally occupying the capitol with Proud Boys it's hard to imagine the dullards at the Pentagon doing much.

Could the American polity really assimilate a reality like that? Maybe. I mean, I'm imaging something like state legislators just picking electors, which is literally how it used to work, didn't it? It would also mean there'd never be another Democratic president, but I can see op-eds in the NYTimes decrying yet rationalizing it.

Chakan
Mar 30, 2011

Dr Kool-AIDS posted:

I think a lot of it comes from what happened as the Roman Empire collapsed. Provincial governors became the total head of state and they often got involved in petty conflicts - without the emperor to rein them in or replace them they were able to consolidate power and ignore large sections of the population. With that in mind, the idea that the grand republic of california will be nominally responsible to pay tithes to the federal military isn’t so far fetched.

The Kingfish
Oct 21, 2015

Dr Kool-AIDS posted:

Actually use power to do what?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

net work error
Feb 26, 2011

The Kingfish posted:

Actually use power to do what?

Stop interracial marriages or something like that