Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Help Im Alive posted:

Is victoria 3 good for people that are stupid and do not have map game experience except for stellaris asking for a friend

It's me I am the friend.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Help Im Alive posted:

Is victoria 3 good for people that are stupid and do not have map game experience except for stellaris asking for a friend

Can I play as Skynet in Victoria 3 like I can in Stellaris and accidentally enslave people into the Matrix

PunkBoy
Aug 22, 2008

You wanna get through this?

Help Im Alive posted:

Actually very curious about this as well. I also thought CK3 was overwhelming.

Edit: I think my biggest issue was CK3 was that I couldn't wrap my head around all the different titles and what level of power and control they had.

Last Celebration
Mar 30, 2010
Almost done with AI: Somnium: Nirvana, got the amazing credits sequence and just doing the Hack The Planet scenario unlocked by literally breaking the fourth wall.

It was a pretty good use of my time. I peeped into the main AI thread and it turns out there were lots of little hints the whole time about the twist I just missed, like Boss losing her poo poo and threatening to demote Ryuki over what seemed like a lost subject but was really him ducking shooting at a pedestrian, but they really should have had Mizuki/Bibi’s outfit be more generic if they were gonna try the twist of two Mizukis.

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

im just going thruy the tutorial stuff but i would already say if u found ck3 too complex this will likely be a pass

Mr E
Sep 18, 2007

What if I like CK3 a lot but want to have more complexity in trading and such

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

I like that there is an observer mode and you can just watch all of the countries do their own thing.

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

Mr E posted:

What if I like CK3 a lot but want to have more complexity in trading and such

Mr E
Sep 18, 2007

Thank you I will be purchasing this game soon.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
If you get to the point where you play mapgames for fun then you should just become a politician

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Swedens flag has a pimple

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Is there a good map game where you get to play as just a single company that sells/buys/produces/trades goods across the globe?

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

Chieves posted:

I at least remember him more than budget Joe Pesci

Please don't disrespect Enzo like this

External Organs
Mar 3, 2006

One time i prank called a bear buildin workshop and said I wanted my mamaws ashes put in a teddy from where she loved them things so well... The woman on the phone did not skip a beat. She just said, "Brang her on down here. We've did it before."

I said come in! posted:

Is there a good map game where you get to play as just a single company that sells/buys/produces/trades goods across the globe?

One of the Civ 5 expansions has you playing as ... The Dutch? And you can't make other cities, you get some random special units and can do economic stuff.

Probably not what you're looking for.

dervival
Apr 23, 2014

External Organs posted:

One of the Civ 5 expansions has you playing as ... The Dutch? And you can't make other cities, you get some random special units and can do economic stuff.

Probably not what you're looking for.

it's Venice fwiw, but yeah I don't think that's what they are looking for either

External Organs
Mar 3, 2006

One time i prank called a bear buildin workshop and said I wanted my mamaws ashes put in a teddy from where she loved them things so well... The woman on the phone did not skip a beat. She just said, "Brang her on down here. We've did it before."

dervival posted:

it's Venice fwiw, but yeah I don't think that's what they are looking for either

Ok yeah that makes more sense.

Ramrod Hotshot
May 30, 2003

Is it possible to rent a game console for a month? I might have a boring stretch of life to get through and just want to beep boop around for a little while.

RPATDO_LAMD
Mar 22, 2013

🐘🪠🍆

Ramrod Hotshot posted:

Is it possible to rent a game console for a month? I might have a boring stretch of life to get through and just want to beep boop around for a little while.

finally a usecase for stadi--
wait it sucks for this it has no rentals

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

There certainly used to be ways to rent consoles but I don't know if any of them still exist

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
Blockbuster used to let you do that, but, welp

TheWorldsaStage
Sep 10, 2020

I think rent a center still does consoles

Mode 7
Jul 28, 2007

Ramrod Hotshot posted:

Check your local library. It's strongly location and possibly country dependent but there's a chance your local library may have both systems and games available to loan.

lunar detritus
May 6, 2009

Ramrod Hotshot posted:

Gamepass?

Kerrzhe
Nov 5, 2008

https://twitter.com/SAMOYEDWAVE/status/1584944781649530880?s=20&t=eYTMXkmlR1H-JACGZADmkw

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

Bayonetta 3
Victoria 3
Frog Detective 3

This is the Week of Threes

They threw a knife into the supply closet and locked Gaben inside then dived for the "launch" button as he hammered and wailed to be let out.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Remember to check your kids candy
https://i.imgur.com/Ojnspql.mp4

AlphaKeny1
Feb 17, 2006

why is korea so long

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

Ask not why Korea is long, but ask yourself why you haven't made it longer

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

AlphaKeny1 posted:

why is korea so long

??? how can anyone be this ignorant??

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011
Victoria 3 is a great time.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

karmicknight posted:

Victoria 3 is a great time.

I watched this the other night and it's great
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aN9FwQ6SGSY

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

Stux posted:

the victoria 3 map is... unbeleivable...

I was just going to load it up this morning to make sure it worked and to poke around a bit, and, well

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

i think that i find vampire survivors to be, boring and dull -_- sorry folks

it's weird to say about a game that has so many bullets/attacks flying everywhere, but it really does make me sleepy to play

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

vampire survivors is okay but the in-game text is so bad that i stopped playing it even though it barely matters

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

but like wtf is this lol

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

I didn't even know it had a bestiary

repiv
Aug 13, 2009

it was just added, they got jim sterling to write the entries

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

repiv posted: