Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bleck
Jan 7, 2014

No matter how one loves, there are always different aims. Love can take a great many forms, whatever the era.

ImpAtom posted:

Bayonetta 1 set that up so hard that I can't believe anyone is surprised.

I feel like that isnt even a spoiler. Oh gosh what could be the identity of the mysterious new witch with a demon familiar named Cheshire in a game franchise where motherhood and fatherhood are two of the central themes of the entire franchise and one of the others is time travel.

Polygon got a bunch of traffic from that guy who did the videos where he comedically reads way too hard into things, so they fired him and hired a bunch of people to do that full-time but completely seriously

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Large Testicles
Jun 1, 2020

[ASK] ME ABOUT MY LOVE FOR 1'S

Sakurazuka posted:

Think the last time I had a data cap was 2012

i still have a loving cap in 2022, it's 1.3TB but I get close to that every month. i get one month a year to go over it without getting charged and i'm already so close this month that i'm saying gently caress it and downloading a shitload of stuff right now

Shyfted One
May 9, 2008
Sparks of Hope Thread

Zulily Zoetrope
Jun 1, 2011

Muldoon
i hope bayonetta 3 will let me put knives or chainsaws or shotguns or something new and weird but still cool on my heels and let me use that to kick things to death

I will not read nor care about the spoilers and just assume the game is going to deliver on that front.

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

I’m playing persona again. It’s still good

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

THE AWESOME GHOST posted:

I’m playing persona again. It’s still good

this

JollyBoyJohn
Feb 13, 2019

For Real!
Like a dumbass I forgot to download my games before coming on holiday

Thank god I have stardew valley

Hrist
Feb 21, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

Super-NintendoUser posted:

It tries to be Zelda 1 (with all the trappings of game that makes no sense until you dig in) but even Zelda helps you enough (with the onscreen map, fast transitions between locations, etc).

I haven't played the game myself, and just saw some streams figuring it out when it first came out. But I'll put this under a spoiler anyway, since it seems like it's intended to be a big surprise about the game.

The Zelda 1 stuff is intentional, but mainly just an early game thing. It stays cryptic the whole way through, but it's a whole other game after the first hour or so. Or however long it takes to finally start to get into the real game. And by real, I just mean the dark world or whatever was going on. But if the stuff you listed bothers you, you really won't like some of the optional stuff requiring you to learn the in-game runes as a language.

I'm just mentioning all the spoiler stuff, because I personally would not have cared at all if it really was just what it seems at the start. But after seeing the rest, it seemed a little more worth checking out. But Since I watched people solve it, it's just not worth playing myself anymore. It's one of those situations.

Farg
Nov 19, 2013
bayo3 discourse gonna out some biphobes lol

Super-NintendoUser
Jan 16, 2004

COWABUNGERDER COMPADRES
Soiled Meat

Hrist posted:

I haven't played the game myself, and just saw some streams figuring it out when it first came out. But I'll put this under a spoiler anyway, since it seems like it's intended to be a big surprise about the game.

The Zelda 1 stuff is intentional, but mainly just an early game thing. It stays cryptic the whole way through, but it's a whole other game after the first hour or so. Or however long it takes to finally start to get into the real game. And by real, I just mean the dark world or whatever was going on. But if the stuff you listed bothers you, you really won't like some of the optional stuff requiring you to learn the in-game runes as a language.

I'm just mentioning all the spoiler stuff, because I personally would not have cared at all if it really was just what it seems at the start. But after seeing the rest, it seemed a little more worth checking out. But Since I watched people solve it, it's just not worth playing myself anymore. It's one of those situations.

I get the idea behind the game to make it like the experience of the original Zelda, but I just can't be bothered to spend so much time pushing up against any corner to find a hidden path, and the load times are just too much. It makes exploration more of a hassle. I just can't justify spending the time.

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Pouches, bandages, shoulderpad, cyber-eye...

Bitchin'!

JollyBoyJohn posted:

Like a dumbass I forgot to download my games before coming on holiday

Thank god I have stardew valley

I had to go sit at a Wendy's for an hour to download Ultra Kaiju Monster Rancher. It was worth it

Morpheus
Apr 18, 2008

My favourite little monsters
Are there hidden paths you need to find in Tunic? All I remember is that often there were hidden paths that you discover by coming back via a shortcut, giving you a 'that was there the whole time??' thing.

But those load times sound pretty brutal, yeah - I played on the PS5 so didn't experience those. Would make things frustrating for sure.

I found combat pretty much exactly like the souls series, so I had no problems with it, but if you're not a fan of that sort of game, yeah, not going to like it here.

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!
Did they bring back the Peach costume for Bayo 3 because Bowsers fists and feet coming out of the portals is my favorite thing

Hammer Bro.
Jul 7, 2007

THUNDERDOME LOSER

I was just watching some Tunic in the background and the load times are a couple of seconds but I don't know that they even hit 5 for most of the rooms you're going to transition between.

Though yes the game does let you infuriate yourself if your neurochemistry is designed that way. Which many people's is.

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

dolphinbomb posted:

I don't get the people getting bent out of shape over the polygon review because it basically said 'Bayonetta is a queer, sex-positive female power fantasy and Luka is the loving worst.', both of which are objectively true things.
pop quiz: what does the “B” in LGBTQ stand for

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
What's wrong with Luka?

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

American McGay posted:

What's wrong with Luka?

He is a weird try hard idiot with a dumb hat.

He is basically this.

ImpAtom fucked around with this message at 21:47 on Oct 25, 2022

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

https://twitter.com/Bruceski1/status/1584869103961247744

It's Monster Rancher with Ultraman kaiju, nothing more. But also nothing less, being Monster Rancher isn't a bad thing.

I scanned my bus pass, got a zebra suezo kaiju. Okay, it's got a proper name, but it's a giant eye with tentacles; it's a suezo.

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

boy I sure do love my sex-positive female power fantasy!
(woman has sex)
what the gently caress. WHAT THE gently caress

DC Murderverse
Nov 10, 2016

"Tell that to Zod's snapped neck!"

Augus posted:

boy I sure do love my sex-positive female power fantasy!
(woman has sex)
what the gently caress. WHAT THE gently caress

When they said sex positive they meant “I’m positive this woman has sex in the way I want and no others”

Sad Panda
Sep 22, 2004

I'm a Sad Panda.

Morpheus posted:

Are there hidden paths you need to find in Tunic? All I remember is that often there were hidden paths that you discover by coming back via a shortcut, giving you a 'that was there the whole time??' thing.

But those load times sound pretty brutal, yeah - I played on the PS5 so didn't experience those. Would make things frustrating for sure.

I found combat pretty much exactly like the souls series, so I had no problems with it, but if you're not a fan of that sort of game, yeah, not going to like it here.

There are some some secret rooms with items in, but nothing essential. You can usually find them because they have a small switch on the wall to press, or three flowers sat by them and so need a bomb thrown at them.

Super-NintendoUser
Jan 16, 2004

COWABUNGERDER COMPADRES
Soiled Meat

Morpheus posted:

There's a tremendous amount of paths are are hidden by the isometric view, also there's a lot of places where it's not clear what are walkable paths, visually two places are similar but one is an invisible block. It's like the There's also a lot of complaints about performance and load times for the switch version in general.

It's basically this but a video game:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zZ_aaCYCxVQ

PantsBandit
Oct 26, 2007

it is both a monkey and a boombox

ImpAtom posted:

He is a weird try hard idiot with a dumb hat.

He is basically this.

Luka is an overly bombastic goof but in a charming way. I didn't realize people hated him so much, I found him endearing, and clearly Bayonetta did too :laugh:

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

PantsBandit posted:

Luka is an overly bombastic goof but in a charming way. I didn't realize people hated him so much, I found him endearing, and clearly Bayonetta did too :laugh:

I admit I am colored by him in Wonderful 101 where he is the worst

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

Bruceski posted:

It's Monster Rancher with Ultraman kaiju, nothing more. But also nothing less, being Monster Rancher isn't a bad thing.

I scanned my bus pass, got a zebra suezo kaiju. Okay, it's got a proper name, but it's a giant eye with tentacles; it's a suezo.

https://twitter.com/EvilBillMurray/status/1584710154817540100?t=VKIzaaasVQ4OYTKlsLN0mg&s=19

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

Luka is my second-favorite funny little Italian man with a funny hat in bayonetta

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

Bruceski posted:

What all does it scan?

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

mandatory lesbian posted:

What all does it scan?

NFC devices

Viewtiful Jew
Apr 21, 2007
Mench'n-a-go-go-baby!

ImpAtom posted:

That's gonna be the super-secret twist nobody has found out about yet. The Luka in this game is the one from Wonderful 101. The Luka DLC that never came out for the Remastered version of W101 was supposed to explain this to us.

His mom is still always there to support him.

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

ImpAtom posted:

NFC devices

Not all

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Len posted:

Not all

... What.

WHY BONER NOW
Mar 6, 2016

Pillbug
Is Bayonetta a superhero that goes out and fights crime or is she just a person that keeps having stuff happen to her that she has to deal with

UP AND ADAM
Jan 24, 2007

by Pragmatica

PantsBandit posted:

he's also good with Cereza in 1. I'm not going to think about this too hard.

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
lol

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

WHY BONER NOW posted:

Is Bayonetta a superhero that goes out and fights crime or is she just a person that keeps having stuff happen to her that she has to deal with

Her premise is that she is immortal as long as she keeps murdering angels to pay off the devils she has a contract with. Angels in this universe both suck and want to murder Bayonetta so we call thar win win.

The games focus on unusually busy days for her

Cattail Prophet
Apr 12, 2014

Augus posted:

pop quiz: what does the “B” in LGBTQ stand for

Bayonetta, next question

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

ImpAtom posted:

that's a different character!

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
He’s a traumatized child in W101 so I like to give him a break

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

ImpAtom posted:

... What.

I agree, why would they not let amiibo get scanned?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WHY BONER NOW
Mar 6, 2016

Pillbug

ImpAtom posted:

Her premise is that she is immortal as long as she keeps murdering angels to pay off the devils she has a contract with. Angels in this universe both suck and want to murder Bayonetta so we call thar win win.

The games focus on unusually busy days for her

Ha, that's a pretty fun premise, I have to admit