Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: Platystemon)

maxwellhill
Jan 5, 2022

other people posted:

Has anyone made a video game yet where all the assets like 3d models and textures are AI generated from predefined prompts every time you start the game?

Minecraft, if you count the texture pixels as block-scale

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cup Runneth Over
Aug 8, 2009

She said life's
Too short to worry
Life's too long to wait
It's too short
Not to love everybody
Life's too long to hate

No it doesn't count unless an opaque black box neural net fed a bunch of copyrighted material generates it with no quality control

stringless
Dec 28, 2005

keyboard ⌨️​ :clint: cowboy

well, there's AIDungeon

RPATDO_LAMD
Mar 22, 2013

🐘🪠🍆

other people posted:

Has anyone made a video game yet where all the assets like 3d models and textures are AI generated from predefined prompts every time you start the game?

.kkrieger does this but with regular procedural generation and not AI stuff.
it was made as a challenge to fit a game in the smallest filesize possible. all the textures are procedurally generated each time you boot up the game (with a fixed seed, so the results are the same each time) which allows the whole thing to fit in just 96k

there are also some experimental techniques to 'compress' images with stable diffusion by figuring the right predefined prompt and random noise to re-generate something almost like the original

RPATDO_LAMD has issued a correction as of 01:28 on Oct 25, 2022

Deep Dish Fuckfest
Sep 6, 2006

Advanced
Computer Touching

Toilet Rascal
demoscene people don't count; they use fel magicks

redleader
Aug 18, 2005

Engage according to operational parameters

burning obscene amounts of power to generate a model capable of saving 600kb

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

redleader posted:

imagine if you have to buy a gpu to be able to unzip files lol

Deep Dish Fuckfest
Sep 6, 2006

Advanced
Computer Touching

Toilet Rascal
also the files are filled with typos, but usually you can make out what it says

RPATDO_LAMD
Mar 22, 2013

🐘🪠🍆

redleader posted:

there were already like 2 or 3 other models 10-20x more expensive to make than this one but theyre all owned by megacorps like google jealously hoarding them in their castles

Deep Dish Fuckfest
Sep 6, 2006

Advanced
Computer Touching

Toilet Rascal
which, it's worth repeating, is extremely cyberpunk

evobatman
Jul 30, 2006

it means nothing, but says everything!
Pillbug
Don't forget the marketplace for selling AI prompts.

DrPossum
May 15, 2004

i am not a surgeon

redleader posted:

middle out

Oglethorpe
Aug 8, 2005

cloudflare poo poo the bed a couple hours ago and a lot of major services keep going out

Powered Descent
Jul 13, 2008

We haven't had that spirit here since 1969.

Back when I was biking a lot, sharing the streets with homicidal maniacs in cars, I used to look forward to the day when self-driving cars would be the norm. In particular, I foresaw a time when I'd be able to put a little radio beacon on my seat post that would unambiguously identify me as a bicyclist to every car AI within a block radius, so they'd know to steer well clear of me.

I've since gotten a bit more cynical. In the event my scenario actually comes about, I'm sure two other things would also happen:

1. Asshats would use those little beacons in all sorts of inappropriate ways, so forget the whole "unambiguous" thing. At most, the car would recognize that a beacon might be on a bicycle, or it might be on someone's mailbox in an attempt to get cars to move to the other lane before passing their house, or it might be strapped to someone's outdoor cat, or it might be on a drone that some kid is flying over the road trying to trick a bunch of AIs into panic-stopping.

2. The beacon would be tied to my real identity, and every last detail of its movements would be recorded and kept forever by a huge evil corporation, and used or sold for any tracking/advertising/profiling purpose that might make them a buck.

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

Powered Descent posted:

2. The beacon would be tied to my real identity, and every last detail of its movements would be recorded and kept forever by a huge evil corporation, and used or sold for any tracking/advertising/profiling purpose that might make them a buck.

This is already happening if your city has "crime cameras"

Risutora
Dec 28, 2006

Powered Descent posted:

Back when I was biking a lot, sharing the streets with homicidal maniacs in cars, I used to look forward to the day when self-driving cars would be the norm. In particular, I foresaw a time when I'd be able to put a little radio beacon on my seat post that would unambiguously identify me as a bicyclist to every car AI within a block radius, so they'd know to steer well clear of me.

I've since gotten a bit more cynical. In the event my scenario actually comes about, I'm sure two other things would also happen:

1. Asshats would use those little beacons in all sorts of inappropriate ways, so forget the whole "unambiguous" thing. At most, the car would recognize that a beacon might be on a bicycle, or it might be on someone's mailbox in an attempt to get cars to move to the other lane before passing their house, or it might be strapped to someone's outdoor cat, or it might be on a drone that some kid is flying over the road trying to trick a bunch of AIs into panic-stopping.

3. you would need a different beacon for every make and model of car

RPATDO_LAMD
Mar 22, 2013

🐘🪠🍆

Powered Descent posted:

ekuNNN
Nov 27, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
https://va.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_rkbkkw2hhG1r0uzl6.mp4
I do not know with what weapons World War 3 will be fought, but World War 4 will be fought with sticks and drones.

Deep Dish Fuckfest
Sep 6, 2006

Advanced
Computer Touching

Toilet Rascal

the beacons will actually draw cars towards you in an attempt to murder you because drivers hate cyclists

bagual
Oct 29, 2010

inconspicuous
https://twitter.com/wowinteresting8/status/1584272446340800513

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Tune into the fireplace channel, you absolute buffoon

:pwn:

Oglethorpe
Aug 8, 2005

dude is ready for some serious kano or terminator cosplay

RPATDO_LAMD
Mar 22, 2013

🐘🪠🍆
should've installed an illegal high strength laser pointer instead

Tulip
Jun 3, 2008

yeah thats pretty good

Deep Dish Fuckfest posted:

the beacons will actually draw cars towards you in an attempt to murder you because drivers hate cyclists

step 1: plant bicycle beacons on cars so they get rammed by driverless cars
step 2: get prosecuted for murder 1 and emotional damages by the person who thought they were going to kill a bicyclist but instead killed a driver

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

i wouldnt put hard electronics in my empty eye socket but hes the expert

Populon
Mar 1, 2008

What's the matter,scared?

RPATDO_LAMD posted:

should've installed an illegal high strength laser pointer instead

You want 3 of them so it looks like the predators gun sight when you look at something

Powered Descent
Jul 13, 2008

We haven't had that spirit here since 1969.

Does the light only face forward, or does it follow the direction he's pointing his other eye?

e: Like if he goes :rolleyes: does he briefly illuminate the ceiling?

Rodney The Yam II
Mar 3, 2007

What does your cyberheart tell you

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
the obvious choice is a mini-projector eyeball. that way he can watch a movie anywhere he looks

ekuNNN
Nov 27, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
https://twitter.com/rawsalerts/status/1585048172443103232?t=Z7ni1AWihq6aDPCnSRNRQA&s=19

tokin opposition
Apr 8, 2021

I don't jailbreak the androids, I set them free.

WATCH MARS EXPRESS (2023)

Good

Oglethorpe
Aug 8, 2005

hope he's not using cheap lithium batteries

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

That robot was committing suicide just like anyone would want to do working for doordash

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007
when he hits full power, may god have mercy on us all

ekuNNN
Nov 27, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
https://twitter.com/MattPostSaysHi/status/1584758613180297216

1stGear
Jan 16, 2010

Here's to the new us.

Real hurthling! posted:

i wouldnt put hard electronics in my empty eye socket but hes the expert

That's why you'll never be a cyberpunk.

Ruffian Price
Sep 17, 2016

is the razor company not supposed to advertise with images of razors :confused: this is the most oldschool advertising in decades, should do a razor-shaped blimp next, something the live audience could actually see

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin

THE RAZOR IS GOOD, THE FOOTBALL WAS BAD

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pygmy tyrant
Nov 25, 2005

*not a small business owner

Ruffian Price posted:

is the razor company not supposed to advertise with images of razors :confused: this is the most oldschool advertising in decades, should do a razor-shaped blimp next, something the live audience could actually see

I think the issue is that the razor company clearly doesn't have the design experience to be getting kaiju defense mecha contracts