Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Veev
Oct 21, 2010

K is for kid.
A guy or gal just like you.
Dont be in such a hurry to grow up, since there's nothin' a kid can't do.
witch kiriko still just has knives when they could've made vampire hunter kiriko and have her throw stakes, think about it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Splinter
Jul 4, 2003
Cowabunga!

BrianBoitano posted:

Couple questions:
1. Is there an easy way to track wins & losses? It seems I need to open the replay to see what role I played, then tally that way, and it resets each patch.
2. Is there a way to record a section of a replay? Here's the share code: ZDGJ9E timestamp 5:45 - 6:15 from Sigma's POV. That was the game that took me from B5 to B4 :)
3. What is this? Is B69 last season's rank? What is the purple 3?

Purple 3 is your endorsement level on a scale of 1-5. Can change based on how many people endorse you after each match. The B69 is your level/border from OW1, which is just based XP gained by playing (with bonuses for being grouped and maybe winning, forget), not your comp ranking. Every time you leveled up you got a loot box. This explains what those portraits mean: https://levvvel.com/overwatch-level-borders-portraits/. Since you're bronze and don't have any additional stars below the portrait, that means you were level 69. Nice. No idea if you continue gaining those levels in OW2.

drewmoney
Mar 11, 2004
I know they never said they were going to do a balance pass but I was still hoping for one. Makes me less inclined to play comp with the way it is now. Please we need nerfs!

black.lion
Apr 1, 2004

For if he like a madman lived,
At least he like a wise one died.

ima buy that trash witch skin

hello internet
Sep 13, 2004

Is it normal for this game to like exclusively run on your video card? I have like 1-5% CPU utilization but the game still runs perfect. 12700k and 3080ti if it matters

Wheeee
Mar 11, 2001

When a tree grows, it is soft and pliable. But when it's dry and hard, it dies.

Hardness and strength are death's companions. Flexibility and softness are the embodiment of life.

That which has become hard shall not triumph.

haven't played this in a bit, figured i'd check out whatever new thing they came up with for halloween and lmao this fuckin game

wonder what jeff's up to these days

Quotey
Aug 16, 2006

We went out for lunch and then we stopped for some bubble tea.
please, remove widow. please.

Father Wendigo
Sep 28, 2005
This is, sadly, more important to me than bettering myself.

Am I missing something, or is Sigma just an immortal death balloon who does nothing interesting in Bride's Revenge?

The new story mode feels very underwhelming compared to any of the three Archives missions from the previous title.

BrianBoitano
Nov 15, 2006

this is fine

Splinter posted:

Purple 3 is your endorsement level on a scale of 1-5. Can change based on how many people endorse you after each match. The B69 is your level/border from OW1, which is just based XP gained by playing (with bonuses for being grouped and maybe winning, forget), not your comp ranking. Every time you leveled up you got a loot box. This explains what those portraits mean: https://levvvel.com/overwatch-level-borders-portraits/. Since you're bronze and don't have any additional stars below the portrait, that means you were level 69. Nice. No idea if you continue gaining those levels in OW2.

Cheers thank you! Not very clear on its own.

Any guidance on tracking w/l by role?

Cowslips Warren
Oct 29, 2005

What use had they for tricks and cunning, living in the enemy's warren and paying his price?

Grimey Drawer

Father Wendigo posted:

Am I missing something, or is Sigma just an immortal death balloon who does nothing interesting in Bride's Revenge?

The new story mode feels very underwhelming compared to any of the three Archives missions from the previous title.

Retribution is still my fave.

And I still want a drat Swiss HQ attack mission.

Quotey
Aug 16, 2006

We went out for lunch and then we stopped for some bubble tea.

Father Wendigo posted:

you've got it. he floats at you.... OMINOUSLY

there's an achievement to sit by a lamp while he's active for 12 seconds too

headcase
Sep 28, 2001

Just did "shocking surprise" with no issues. Almost a clean door. Zen kicking tires is so OP.

Jimbot
Jul 22, 2008

Should probably lower Zarya's beam damage by 75%, if I'm honest. I even say this as a Zarya player. At some point it isn't about shield cooldowns, power gained from them or their duration, it's just about the massive boost in damage at 50+ power.

spunkshui
Oct 5, 2011

hello internet posted:

Is it normal for this game to like exclusively run on your video card? I have like 1-5% CPU utilization but the game still runs perfect. 12700k and 3080ti if it matters

I think your cpu is just way more horsepower then needed.

PhoenixFlaccus
Jul 15, 2011

KFC Famous Bowl
It IS a 2016 game

Issaries
Sep 15, 2008

"At the end of the day
We are all human beings
My father once told me that
The world has no borders"

PhoenixFlaccus posted:

It IS a 2016 game

And it wasn't big resource hog even back then.

BabyRyoga
May 21, 2001

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021

Jimbot posted:

Should probably lower Zarya's beam damage by 75%, if I'm honest. I even say this as a Zarya player. At some point it isn't about shield cooldowns, power gained from them or their duration, it's just about the massive boost in damage at 50+ power.

Pretty much all tanks put out similar damage, though. If you lowered Zarya's damage by even 10%, she would probably be unplayable.

Even doom, the worst tank in the game can punch most other heroes in the game who aren't tanks or 250 hpers into a wall, shoot a few times and instantly delete them.

Zarya isn't even really THAT busted; it's just a combination of other things right now that make her a strong pick. Dive meta always works well with shields, and her main buff going from 2 tanks > 1 tank was giving her shield charges, so you could double up on them if need be. Also, people are bad and tend to shoot the bubbles more than they should. There are certain times where you should shoot a bubble to pressure/overwhelm if you coordinate with your team, but when there are a bunch of slobbering idiots who either haven't played the game in many years or are brand new continually shooting bubbled targets for no reason, of course Zarya is going to get powered up more often.

Strong Sauce
Jul 2, 2003

You know I am not really your father.

is there anyway to stop the game from matching you with people who have teammates on console?

Schneider Inside Her
Aug 6, 2009

Please bitches. If nothing else I am a gentleman
Yeah Zarya has always been strong because her counter is teamwork.

YoshiOfYellow
Aug 21, 2015

Voted #1 Babysitter in Mushroom Kingdom

https://twitter.com/32Beatdown/status/1583276240383148032

This is now my favorite interaction. :allears:

Collapsing Farts
Jun 29, 2018

💀
Did they even make a halloween skin for sojourn? She looks out of place in the story lol

Gravitas Shortfall
Jul 17, 2007

Utility is seven-eighths Proximity.

Collapsing Farts posted:

Did they even make a halloween skin for sojourn? She looks out of place in the story lol

They did not, but please buy her skin in the store

dogstile
May 1, 2012

fucking clocks
how do they work?
Zarya is also in pretty much every t500 players most played, so its not just "people who suck shoot at her bubbles".

She is legitimately ridiculously strong. Just walk past the other tank and melt their main heals and you win like 90% of your fights. What's the other tank/support gonna do, CC you?

lol

Wheeee
Mar 11, 2001

Hardness and strength are death's companions. Flexibility and softness are the embodiment of life.

I’m probably straight up wood league mmr since I mostly play this stoned with bros but I’m pretty sure I’m not supposed to be doing more damage than the entire rest of my team while also topping elims as Zarya.

novaSphere
Jan 25, 2003

sounds like the core experience to me :shrug:

dogstile
May 1, 2012

fucking clocks
how do they work?
Yeah i'm regularly beating both my DPS in damage as Zen by doing nothing but firing volleys at corners and tanks (While my team screams that i'm not healing them while the orb is literally loving attached to them)

Zarya is even easier to do more damage than dps because she actually gets to just trade damage. It's actually how she's supposed to work, dps can't do that, they'll just die.

------------------

On a separate note, me and a friend went into the training mode last night to see why the game felt like it was hitting us round corners. Projectile sizes right now are loving gigantic. Go play as mercy and fire at the tracer model with your gun, see how far away you can aim from her head and still get a headshot. Same with hanzo arrow, mei right click, soldier rockets, etc. Everything has an invisible forcefield around it and if it touches you, you get hit, even if the projectile was clearly going to miss the model.

https://imgur.com/a/igFdkCz

Default imgur link because i can never remember how to get timg to work.

dogstile fucked around with this message at 11:49 on Oct 26, 2022

DrunkPanda
Apr 24, 2005
I am trolling you, CineD

28 Days Later is actually a great movie

fuck starcraft

Vermain posted:

my guess is that they're more quickly realizing that the secret to consistently winning games is murdering the enemy backline, and so tank has much less perceived carry value

That's why I've been playing flank-Baptiste, recently. I just go into the enemy back line to terrorize their support. I'll heal up our tank/DPS if they're where they should be (also in the back line terrorizing enemy support). But more often than not, my tank & DPS are trying to stay as far away from the enemy as possible, while crying for heals and yelling at me for killing everyone on the enemy team by myself instead of healing.

It's funny when they get mad at me and say "stay stuck in x elo forever" when I have my profile open and they could see that I have an 80% win rate with Bap if they bothered to look.

The reality is tanks are almost impossible to kill if both support are alive and hard pocketing them. But once you knock out the support pillars, the rest of the team should crumble like tissue paper

SadisTech
Jun 26, 2013

Clem.
OK, so, Bastion unsupported is pretty bad now that his healing has been taken away. If he doesn't have a team to play with he's insta dead.

Bastion with even minimal healing from behind a decent tank is going to just make QP unplayable.

Cowslips Warren
Oct 29, 2005

What use had they for tricks and cunning, living in the enemy's warren and paying his price?

Grimey Drawer

I couldn't catch all of it, do we have a spot where all the new voice lines are yet?

I do remember roadhog saying something like sorry ma'am if he kills the junker queen.

BabyRyoga
May 21, 2001

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021

SadisTech posted:

OK, so, Bastion unsupported is pretty bad now that his healing has been taken away. If he doesn't have a team to play with he's insta dead.

Bastion with even minimal healing from behind a decent tank is going to just make QP unplayable.

He's a pretty bad character. His ult (when it isn't bugged) is one of the worst in the game, and he is nearly useless when he isn't in his turret mode. The bouncy bomb thing is a little interesting, maybe if it had a better CD he could be cool.

PhoenixFlaccus
Jul 15, 2011

KFC Famous Bowl
As a Rein, Bastion coming back is fairly annoying. Turret mode is pretty powerful.

Proven
Aug 8, 2007

Lurker
Bastion as it is now is comically a lot like Sojourn without the full dash. You wait for an opportune moment, walk onto a flank or use your grenade to quickly obtain high ground, and you try to get a quick pick with his turret mode before falling back to safety. You can’t go as far as Soldier or Sojourn to flank, but you’re better against Tanks so you don’t need to always flank. His primary also has similar fall-off to Soldier’s with less recoil, so if you get even a little high ground you can plink away at backline and force some cooldowns/attention if it’s too dangerous or not possible to burn down the tank (i.e. all the tanks can eat your burst long enough to get back to cover if they save their resources specifically for you, which can then get you punished since you’re slowed while in turret mode).

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com
New Bastion owns and it means I can play dps again and have fun

Cretin90
Apr 10, 2006
My main experience with New Bastion and his place in the meta is that I now have something to be afraid of/react quickly to as Reinhardt, Orisa, or Zarya.

Wheeee
Mar 11, 2001

dogstile posted:

On a separate note, me and a friend went into the training mode last night to see why the game felt like it was hitting us round corners. Projectile sizes right now are loving gigantic. Go play as mercy and fire at the tracer model with your gun, see how far away you can aim from her head and still get a headshot. Same with hanzo arrow, mei right click, soldier rockets, etc. Everything has an invisible forcefield around it and if it touches you, you get hit, even if the projectile was clearly going to miss the model.

https://imgur.com/a/igFdkCz

Default imgur link because i can never remember how to get timg to work.

Overwatch, science-driven organization that they are, have evolved their armaments such that now every gun fires Hanzo arrows.

Javik the Seer
Oct 11, 2021
As I'm getting into higher ranks and logging more hours on the game its becoming more and more obvious that there are some balance issues with the roles. Tanks just have too much damage mitigation and supports put out too much damage for the amount they can heal. I get that they kinda have to do that to make the game accessible so its not just a deathmatch every time, but it can be downright unfun to see abilities and good plays by folks negated by just massive hit point pools or in some cases, just completely deleting damage done. I'm hoping they do another balance pass with the re addition of torb and bastion, but I'm not thinking so. Bastion is just..kinda there.

One thing is for sure though is that Open Queue is straight up calvinball when it comes to strategy. Its just tanks tanks and also perhaps another tank. Essentially over 1000 total hp balls slamming in to each other again and again. Which can be fun, for sure, but calling it competitive is a stretch.

The main reason i play comp over quick is because I like to actually play all of a map. Is there a game mode that has roles, is unranked, but also has the competitive format for rounds?

Zomborgon
Feb 19, 2014

I don't even want to see what happens if you gain CHIM outside of a pre-coded system.

YoshiOfYellow posted:

Kiriko is rad. The witch skin just turns her into a generic white girl Halloween costume, which sucks. The talismans are cool looking though.

I wasn't looking closely at anything regarding the new heroes leading up to launch and I was convinced for a long while that Tracer had just gotten a shrine maid skin

Pattonesque
Jul 15, 2004
johnny jesus and the infield fly rule
Junker Queen is weak but a lot of fun. Tuning down commanding shout was the right move, but maybe they could massively increase her self-heals from wounds? right now they're barely noticeable and I'd like for there to be a rhythm to comboing your abilities to wound as many people as possible

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com

Pattonesque posted:

Junker Queen is weak but a lot of fun. Tuning down commanding shout was the right move, but maybe they could massively increase her self-heals from wounds? right now they're barely noticeable and I'd like for there to be a rhythm to comboing your abilities to wound as many people as possible

landing a knife, ult, then E on a team feels good and actually heals!

not all three of those? tough poo poo you died

at least for me

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pattonesque
Jul 15, 2004
johnny jesus and the infield fly rule

verbal enema posted:

landing a knife, ult, then E on a team feels good and actually heals!

not all three of those? tough poo poo you died

at least for me

that's when it feels noticeable lol!

I guess I envision her as a tank that can self-sustain a lot to make up for her lack of mitigation abilities or health