Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

High Warlord Zog
Dec 12, 2012
It's the inverse of the the Face Off prison!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

HOW DOES IT FEEL TO BE DEAD, MOTHERFUCKER?

so close to seeing rebel butts :ohdear:

Darko
Dec 23, 2004

Oh look, now we get Snokes origins as a prison boss.

drunkill
Sep 25, 2007

me @ ur posting
Fallen Rib
Xwings! Saw Gurerra!

Edit: Okay that was pretty neat, set design is fantastic yet again.

I wonder what they're making, I thought it'd be cool if when in prison he'd be making KX series droids, which would explain how he re-wired K2SO later on. But it looks like bigger equipment.

The intro music was different this episode too.

drunkill fucked around with this message at 08:59 on Oct 26, 2022

Zedhe Khoja
Nov 10, 2017

sürgünden selamlar
yıkıcılar ulusuna

theflyingexecutive posted:

Lol, Disney made a show about a crime lord who doesn’t do crimes

Someone needs to slip copies of Young Stalin underneath the Book of Boba Fett's writers doors. Thats clearly the kind of character they would LIKE to write but are too inept to do. Or get the season one Arrow guys who had him murder landlords and bankers.

Gresh
Jan 12, 2019

oh hai smeagol

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

These fucken Neo-republicists!!!

I love SAW

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"
Star Wars: Fortress

Minus Christopher Lambert.

Necrothatcher
Mar 26, 2005

God I love Saw.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.
jesus that conversation at the end was almost like a direct readout of leftists sniping back and forth at each other in the politics channel of a lefty discord i'm in.

"I am the only one with clarity of purpose."

Is the most leftist infighting rear end statement/post you will ever see.

Thinking about it I am not mad that we didn't get a conversation between Nemik and Saw

I love this loving show.

Dexo fucked around with this message at 09:28 on Oct 26, 2022

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

The set design on this show is abso-loving-lutely stunning, holy poo poo. Every week it's something even more astonishing than the last. Diego Luna did a great job selling Cassian in a state of horrified shock at the situation he found himself in, but also observing and taking in EVERYTHING that he was seeing, guard placements, the spare shoes, the "buddy system" the guards are using, everything.

Dexo posted:

I love this loving show.

:hai:

Jerusalem fucked around with this message at 09:39 on Oct 26, 2022

boo boo bear
Oct 1, 2009

I'm COMPLETELY OBSESSED with SEXY EGGS
apropos of nothing, but do you ever wonder what some of these planets smell like? the dude on narkina was talking about fresh air but all I could think about was something like sweet sulphur.

Barry Foster
Dec 24, 2007

What is going wrong with that one (face is longer than it should be)

boo boo bear posted:

apropos of nothing, but do you ever wonder what some of these planets smell like? the dude on narkina was talking about fresh air but all I could think about was something like sweet sulphur.

haha i would like to smell them

EDIT for real though, I never imagine smells when I'm consuming fiction. It's actually quite interesting that you bring it up

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

Tales of the Jedi was pretty good. They've really honed in the clone wars style, bad batch, clone wars season 7, and this series all look amazing. Dooku is ice cold and I love Ahsoka very casually destroying a dumbass Inquisitor. She grew up on the battlefield, bud, you're 200 years too early to take her on lol.

Estraysian
Dec 29, 2008
SW has a pretty extreme take on the floor is lava

Whorelord
May 1, 2013

Jump into the well...

enjoyed mon mothma telling perrin she faked her orgasms while they were doing space tequila worms

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...
why is mon's daughter being weird and snitchy

Jerkface posted:

These fucken Neo-republicists!!!

I love SAW

CSpam Guerrera

Alan Smithee fucked around with this message at 11:23 on Oct 26, 2022

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

Estraysian posted:

SW has a pretty extreme take on the floor is lava

has?

drunkill
Sep 25, 2007

me @ ur posting
Fallen Rib

Alan Smithee posted:

CSpam Guerrera

Her dad is a spy for the grand vizier or the emperor and she's probably dealing deathsticks in the school toilets because her mother neglects her while hosting cocktail parties and playing politician.

Or something happens to her and Perrin and Mon Mothma loses them both and instead embraces the rebellion. who knows.

Cheesus
Oct 17, 2002

Let us retract the foreskin of ignorance and apply the wirebrush of enlightenment.
Yam Slacker
Here's a complaint about Andor: Where are the non-humans?

I think it's smart to use them in the background as we've seen on Coruscant and Space Lauderdale. Even if I didn't have 30 years of the WEG-lore in my head I can buy from the show that "only humans are allowed to work in the Empire". Due what I perceive to be the expense, I understand not including a CGI or suited main character, however I was kind of taken out of the show when the prison is shown comprised completely of humans. Stark contrast to the first Dooku/Qui-Gon Ginn Tales of the Jedi episode which shows a pretty blended environment that was always "standard" in Lucas productions.

If one of the panning shots of the other tubeways showed solid aliens (all rodians here, all twi'liks there), that would have sold me on "the Empire is segregating by race" instead of "they only enslave humans".

Vinylshadow
Mar 20, 2017

Cheesus posted:

I think it's smart to use them in the background as we've seen on Coruscant and Space Lauderdale. Even if I didn't have 30 years of the WEG-lore in my head I can buy from the show that "only humans are allowed to work in the Empire". Due what I perceive to be the expense, I understand not including a CGI or suited main character, however I was kind of taken out of the show when the prison is shown comprised completely of humans. Stark contrast to the first Dooku/Qui-Gon Ginn Tales of the Jedi episode which shows a pretty blended environment that was always "standard" in Lucas productions.

If one of the panning shots of the other tubeways showed solid aliens (all rodians here, all twi'liks there), that would have sold me on "the Empire is segregating by race" instead of "they only enslave humans".

Probably on a different platform entirely - everyone in Cassian's platform was a male human, so I guess it's separated by race and gender to keep things simple

boo boo bear
Oct 1, 2009

Alan Smithee posted:

mr. mothma sends her over there every time mon becomes incapable of policing her own poo poo in a public setting.

Vinylshadow
Mar 20, 2017

Honestly kinda let down by Tales of the Jedi - not because it's not an adaptation of a comic series I know sod-all about, but how none of the stories felt...complete?

They felt like parts of an episode, and were missing beginnings, middles, and endings

VagueRant
May 24, 2012
Some slightly odd omissions in this one, didn't show Bix actually getting caught, or Table 5 getting punished.

What's the deal with Saw Gerrera's politics anyway? Outside of some Rogue One exposition about him being the more extreme end of the rebellion I don't actually know what that means materially. (He didn't really do anything in Fallen Order IIRC)

Whorelord posted:

enjoyed mon mothma telling perrin she faked her orgasms while they were doing space tequila worms
drat, the writing is actually layered enough that this is a completely valid read.

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

Star Trek: The Motion Picture is a boring movie
Andy Serkis AND Forest Whitaker guest appearances in the same episode? gently caress yeah.

TheBuilder
Jul 11, 2001
This show is so loving good.

High Warlord Zog
Dec 12, 2012

Jose Oquendo posted:

Andy Serkis AND Forest Whitaker guest appearances in the same episode? gently caress yeah.

The Glup Shitto I really want to show up is Werner Herzog's Mandalorian character as an underworld figure the ISB characters interact with while trying to track down Cassian

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

i get this weird feeling that's what it's actually like to work with Andy Serkis

VagueRant posted:

What's the deal with Saw Gerrera's politics anyway? Outside of some Rogue One exposition about him being the more extreme end of the rebellion I don't actually know what that means materially. (He didn't really do anything in Fallen Order IIRC)

probably them just keeping politics out of gaming

OnimaruXLR
Sep 15, 2007
Lurklurklurklurklurk
I know that "Luthen is a Jedi" is a popular theory, but I think the funniest way they could hypothetically handle it is have an Inquisitor randomly show up in one episode and just be unceremoniously dispatched before he goes back to the business of organizing a rebellion

VagueRant posted:

Luthen says it in this episode; he's an anarchist. The Separatists made his life hell, the Republic refused to help (with the Jedi running some CIA-esque guerilla training assistance and not much more) and then went super fascy, so at this point he's got a bone to pick with anyone claiming any kind of authority.

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

OnimaruXLR posted:

I know that "Luthen is a Jedi" is a popular theory, but I think the funniest way they could hypothetically handle it is have an Inquisitor randomly show up in one episode and just be unceremoniously dispatched before he goes back to the business of organizing a rebellion

This is a popular theory? Those people all need wedgies.

boo boo bear
Oct 1, 2009

VagueRant posted:

hates the empire, doesn't want a return to the decayed hereditary aristocracy of the republic. nothing left to really fight for, except the fighting and a tragedy about how the longer you go the less it means.

this might be apocryphal but if there's a real life analogy to be made, during the first months or years of the afghan invasion some of the older men captured still thought they were fighting the russians and didn't give a gently caress anything had changed. that's saw.

Necrothatcher
Mar 26, 2005

I'm guessing Tales of the Jedi makes more sense if you've followed Ahsoka's story in the other CG shows.

IBroughttheFunk
Sep 28, 2012
To repeat a shared sentiment show is just so unbelievably good - more so than it feels like it has any right to be. They had a scene that was just two old rebels talking in a cave on who knows what planet, and it was more tense, more gripping, and so much more enjoyable and watchable than all of the scenes where Darth Vader of all people showed up again in Obi-Wan.

Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

Maybe this guy that flies is just sort of passing through, you know?

Cheesus posted:

Well using the logic laid out by the episode, when they were departing immediately after sentencing the convicts were being sorted onto transport shuttles by home planet. So presumably if you said "Ryloth" you got sent to Glupshitto 3 to make starpath units or "Rodia" to Weedlordia to make tibanna coils, instead of where Andor ended up.

If you were an alien and said something like "no I'm actually from Corella, born and raised" they would say "Yeah but where is your FAMILY from" because the empire is racist.

gently caress this show is so good. I loved the gentle moment of Cassian's lifelong friends tending to his mother. I loved Saw shrieking about all the other factions who hate the Empire doing it the wrong way. I loved Karn thinking his moment had come, that he was going to get picked out of obscurity and become a junior ISB detective but no, he needs to go back to his spreadsheet job.

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

Well, you put Stellan Skarsgard and Forest Whitaker in the same room you're gonna have a loving amazing scene. Goddamn this show. Even with just all setup it's so gripping! Who was the ghoulish looking guy on the table? He looks really familiar! Also the ice cold tall man in the prison is definitely up to something. gently caress, each week the wait is agonizing.

Jim the Nickel
Mar 2, 2006

friendship is magic
in a pony paradise
don't you judge me
Really into the Dooku sections of Tales of the Jedi, they do a good job showing him lose faith in the Jedi/Republic bit by bit.

The Ahsoka ones just got me rolling my eyes, tbh. The last thing star wars needs is more Ahsoka Tano imho, and it's not like we got anything new or interesting about her out of the stories they told. The second one was especially egregious, mainly just an excuse for Filoni to trot out his favorite OCs even Kanan, lmao

Maybe I'm just more sensitive to how weird and fanservicey they were because Andor continues to be top tier great every week, idk

Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

Maybe this guy that flies is just sort of passing through, you know?

Vintersorg posted:

Well, you put Stellan Skarsgard and Forest Whitaker in the same room you're gonna have a loving amazing scene. Goddamn this show. Even with just all setup it's so gripping! Who was the ghoulish looking guy on the table? He looks really familiar! Also the ice cold tall man in the prison is definitely up to something. gently caress, each week the wait is agonizing.

IDK if it's the one you're talking about, but they pulled a real Glup Shitto name check making one of the guys on Andor's table Sgt. Melchi from the Scarif assault.

Jim the Nickel
Mar 2, 2006

friendship is magic
in a pony paradise
don't you judge me

Owlbear Camus posted:

IDK if it's the one you're talking about, but they pulled a real Glup Shitto name check making one of the guys on Andor's table Sgt. Melchi from the Scarif assault.

Melshi being there is precisely the level of easter egg this show should have, if they absolutely need to have em. No one's clamoring to know how he and Cassian met, but it's a nice surprise to just plop him in the episode, no extra fanfare or anything.

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

I didn't even realize that dude was in Rogue One.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NowonSA
Jul 19, 2013

I am the sexiest poster in the world!
Of course the Empire is using prisons as a forced labor hellhole, I should've seen that coming. To be fair, that doesn't change much in the future of the SW timeline either since the New Republic had prisoners doing forced labor poo poo too, it was just roughly 33% percent as lovely as it was here.

We had our big heist already, so sign me up for a big fancy episode 9 of Andor doing a prison break!