Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Oglethorpe
Aug 8, 2005
Avatar blanked by Admin request.
I'd just like to interject for moment. What you're referring to as Jeffrey, is in fact, YOSPOS/Jeffrey, or as I've recently taken to calling them, Jeffrey plus YOSPOS.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ContinuityNewTimes
Dec 30, 2010

Я выдуман напрочь

We went on board five luxury yachts and unaccountably did not attempt to sink even one

Palladium
May 8, 2012

Very Good
✔️✔️✔️✔️

Proust Malone posted:

sucks to be you guys. a new world awaits me on the off world colonies. later suckers

lmao we are getting the cyberpunk dystopia without any of the cool tech

ArmedZombie
Jun 6, 2004

theres already so much light pollution in most places you can hardly see the moon

Plank Walker
Aug 11, 2005

ArmZ posted:

theres already so much light pollution in most places you can hardly see the moon

this wouldn't be a problem if the moon was a registered trademark of a large congolomerate

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007

Plank Walker posted:

this wouldn't be a problem if the moon was a registered trademark of a large congolomerate

are we in love with "the moon" tho? Isn't it a little, I don't know, ...blah? What about Disney Presents Lunartopia?

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

I'm nae the voice o' the darkened thistle, but th' darkened thistle cannae bear the sight o' our Bonnie Prince Bernie nae mair.

Pepe Silvia Browne posted:

are we in love with "the moon" tho? Isn't it a little, I don't know, ...blah? What about Disney Presents Lunartopia?

What if companies could dye the Moon for promotional purposes??

ikanreed
Sep 25, 2009

I honestly I have no idea who cannibal[SIC] is and I do not know why I should know.

syq dude, just syq!
Should we reform our unhealthy industrialized processed food system that feeds people cheap, addictive garbage?

No, let's just make everyone eat sand

Laterite
Mar 14, 2007

It's Gutfest '89
Grimey Drawer
jeffrey of yomom

30.5 Days
Nov 19, 2006

ikanreed posted:

Should we reform our unhealthy industrialized processed food system that feeds people cheap, addictive garbage?

I knew taco bell was good for me

BonHair
Apr 28, 2007

Oglethorpe posted:

I'd just like to interject for moment. What you're referring to as Jeffrey, is in fact, YOSPOS/Jeffrey, or as I've recently taken to calling them, Jeffrey plus YOSPOS.

The good news: the forums are owned by the posters

The bad news: it's the wrong posters

Slotducks
Oct 16, 2008

Nobody puts Phil in a corner.

ikanreed posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nv7qh_XL_yM

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

I'm mad about that article's conflating of the terms "absorb" and "adsorb"

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

Also they're dancing around it by calling it "sand" but really it's closer to silica gel, so finally we may one day be allowed to eat those tempting do not eat packets.

cat botherer
Jan 6, 2022

I am interested in most phases of data processing.

Shame Boy posted:

Also they're dancing around it by calling it "sand" but really it's closer to silica gel, so finally we may one day be allowed to eat those tempting do not eat packets.
You *can* eat the silica packets. They are completely nontoxic but the dessicant industry people want it all for themselves.

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

cat botherer posted:

You *can* eat the silica packets. They are completely nontoxic but the dessicant industry people want it all for themselves.

Not everyone's going to appreciate your dry sense of humour.

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

cat botherer posted:

Oh I'm not falling for that again :colbert:

Cloks
Feb 1, 2013

by Azathoth

time to get my digital servant to lug around containers of kitty litter

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

Cloks posted:

time to get my digital servant to lug around containers of kitty litter

Is this an ad? I mean the post.

Zvahl
Oct 14, 2005

научный кот
on the streets

in the sheets

Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

from hell's heart I cast at thee
🧙🐀🧹🌙🪄🐸

cat botherer posted:

Shut up Ben

BonHair
Apr 28, 2007

Paladinus posted:

Not everyone's going to appreciate your dry sense of humour.

It's all part of a balanced diet

Axetrain
Sep 14, 2007

ArmZ posted:

That’s not gonna be a problem when you have Coca Cola presents the moon tattooed on the inside of your eyelids.

ledge
Jun 10, 2003

cat botherer posted:

Zvahl
Oct 14, 2005

научный кот

Lordshmee
Nov 23, 2007

I hate you, Milkman Dan
if only…

ekuNNN
Nov 27, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
https://twitter.com/funwithstuff/status/1585850262656143360

Palladium
May 8, 2012

Very Good
✔️✔️✔️✔️
RGB landlordism

Antonymous
Apr 4, 2009

how are those colors implemented? is that some kind of color managed system. I don't get how you couldn't just write in the RGB/CMYK values - what would happen?

Arivia
Mar 17, 2011

Antonymous posted:

how are those colors implemented? is that some kind of color managed system. I don't get how you couldn't just write in the RGB/CMYK values - what would happen?

some of them don’t fall into the RGB/CMYK space (an easy example is a printed pop of bright pink or gold). basically Pantone is color codes that will look the same in all kinds of products/digital/print if things are correctly correlated, it’s important for high-end design work but not to your average consumer or hobbyist at all.

now you can plug in RGB codes for many colors and be at least okay, but it’s not guaranteed to be correct when you send it off for printing/manufacturing/on another device. there are ways around using the Pantone stuff but Adobe doesn’t want to piss off Pantone because a lot of Adobe products depend on Pantone so Adobe is letting Pantone get away with this poo poo.

other people
Jun 27, 2004
Associate Christ
pantowned

stringless
Dec 28, 2005

keyboard ⌨️​ :clint: cowboy

via the cyberpunk dystopia thread

Renaissance Robot
Oct 10, 2010

Bite my furry metal ass

Arivia posted:

some of them don’t fall into the RGB/CMYK space (an easy example is a printed pop of bright pink or gold). basically Pantone is color codes that will look the same in all kinds of products/digital/print if things are correctly correlated, it’s important for high-end design work but not to your average consumer or hobbyist at all.

now you can plug in RGB codes for many colors and be at least okay, but it’s not guaranteed to be correct when you send it off for printing/manufacturing/on another device. there are ways around using the Pantone stuff but Adobe doesn’t want to piss off Pantone because a lot of Adobe products depend on Pantone so Adobe is letting Pantone get away with this poo poo.

imagining an alternate version of that self-shredding Banksy where it only destroys itself if you ever stop giving me money

or maybe like a picture frame with facial recognition built in and if it detects that you, specifically, the person looking, do not have a subscription to enjoy my work then the frame glass electronically blacks out until you look away

BonHair
Apr 28, 2007

Renaissance Robot posted:

or maybe like a picture frame with facial recognition built in and if it detects that you, specifically, the person looking, do not have a subscription to enjoy my work then the frame glass electronically blacks out until you look away

That sounds like a pretty good artwork that you could sell to drive museum. You'd have to use some known database of users, or just have it rely on good old AI racism, or maybe have the AI guess your net worth and only show it to the rich.

Professor Shark
May 22, 2012

just do that with beloved art pieces like the Mona Lisa, capitalism is already gangster, may as well go blackmail hostage taker

Renaissance Robot
Oct 10, 2010

Bite my furry metal ass

BonHair posted:

That sounds like a pretty good artwork that you could sell to drive museum. You'd have to use some known database of users, or just have it rely on good old AI racism, or maybe have the AI guess your net worth and only show it to the rich.

troll version: put it inside a privacy booth that people can only enter one at a time. Use priming on the way in and prompts on the way to encourage people to discuss with each other what they saw, making explicit that the art will only be visible to people with a sufficiently high net worth.

There is no art. The frame is always black. Yes this is literally just the emperor's new clothes.

BonHair
Apr 28, 2007

Nah, you gotta have a crowd determining which member of the crowd is the filthy poor preventing the real people from seeing the painting, and then having the crowd throw that person out.

Then have trap doors to a shark tank open beneath the ringleaders.

Renaissance Robot
Oct 10, 2010

Bite my furry metal ass
ah, the old reverse among us, I love it!

Frosted Flake
Sep 13, 2011

Semper Shitpost Ubique

What’s the deal with Fenway Green? I’ve heard of baseball youtubers being sued with painting their sets in it or whatever but how could that possibly work? Is it the paint formula that’s protected or the actual colour?

e: I can see they licensed a paint, but how does that work for everything else?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fart.Bleed.Repeat.
Sep 29, 2001

Frosted Flake posted:

What’s the deal with Fenway Green? I’ve heard of baseball youtubers being sued with painting their sets in it or whatever but how could that possibly work? Is it the paint formula that’s protected or the actual colour?

e: I can see they licensed a paint, but how does that work for everything else?

just that specific mix as made by a company. there’s also Cubbie blue red and green. if you were to mix your own that came out looking the same, no problem. it’s like buying a McMuffin vs making your own at home