Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Clive?
Clive
a
Clive
View Results

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005
Probation
Can't post for 4 hours!

omg chael crash posted:

Call of Duty’s gun play with Fortnight’s aesthetic would be aces

I know you are just doing this to trigger me and it's not working scrub.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IftmTwzgYks

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

lmao that video, good lord

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005
Probation
Can't post for 4 hours!
Just 2 more days until we too, get to start punching walls while leaking milk and boogers everywhere.

Fix
Jul 26, 2005

NEWT THE MOON

veni veni veni posted:

oh my god. lmao.

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

I MAY LOOK LIKE SHIT BUT IM ALSO DUMB AS FUCK

veni veni veni posted:

Just 2 more days until we too, get to start punching walls while leaking milk and boogers everywhere.

speak for yourself i been doing that for as long as i can remember

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

veni veni veni posted:

Holy poo poo the memories. That video was a hit on the MW2 thread back in the days :haw:

bloodychill
May 8, 2004

And if the world
should end tonight,
I had a crazy, classic life
Exciting Lemon

veni veni veni posted:

Get in loser, we're going codding

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003

liquidypoo posted:

Gutted that I won't be able to see a single second of Veeg's Symphony playthrough live. I'm absolutely certain that the game will be finished by the end of Friday.

Hey BP, tell Veeg how to do summon spirit. That's one spell he can absolutely do. Maybe have him waste way too much time trying to do soul steal when we all know he ain't gonna be able to pull it off. That's not even a dig at Veeg; SotN is just real strict about its spell inputs!

Hey Liquidy! I probably will not be finishing by Friday. I missed all of Sunday due to some outrageous real life circumstances (A brand new front door of 3 weeks old broke!! Thankfully covered under the warranty and guarantee otherwise we would have had to find £600) as well as all the cleaning, trash removal and transporting of old stuff out of the old place. Goodness it was an exhausting weekend and first two days of the week. The new place has boxes everywhere now!

I DID get to play a little last night and while I died only once in just under 7 hours where I started the stream, last night I think I died five or six times? Usually to my own silliness. I was severely underlevelled and had the weakest weapons so was doing 1-10 damage on all the baddies in Upside Down Dracula House.

Beezlebulb was the trickiest. Those lil poison dudes I could barely see would then set me up to get hit by the big bugs who would each do 78 damage to me, sometimes two at a time. Oh man those bugs! Felt good to win though. I am loving it though, despite the bugs being much like the FFX Birds, another of my nemeses. In fact, we have Guardian Ape, Mohg, Elden Ring Slugs, FFX Birds and Castlevania Bugs as the five most difficult to defeat enemies of all the games I have played.

Some of the music in this second half has been PHENOMENAL! I also love the levelling up and equipment aspect mixed into a 2D platformer. This game is proving to me over and over why this is my favourite genre.

What are other critically lauded and poster proven GREAT 2D Platformers like Castlevania Symphony of the Night, because I need to ensure I have played them all. So far I have done Bloodstained, Hollow Knight, and Metroid Dread as the modern ones I know. I am sure there are probably other good Castlevanias too but I cannot recall what they are.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Kazzah posted:

This decade will see the first terabyte-game

doom and my WAD folder

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

veni veni veni posted:

Hm. Yeah it’s a real mystery why those of us that play COD don’t talk about it here much.

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

VideoGames posted:

What are other critically lauded and poster proven GREAT 2D Platformers like Castlevania Symphony of the Night, because I need to ensure I have played them all. So far I have done Bloodstained, Hollow Knight, and Metroid Dread as the modern ones I know. I am sure there are probably other good Castlevanias too but I cannot recall what they are.

You've played Blasphemous already, CV: Aria of Sorrow, CV: Harmony of Dissonance, CV: Portrait of Ruin, Axiom Verge 1 and 2, Metroid Zero Mission, Guacamelee 1 and 2, Ori 1 and 2, Super Metroid, Dandara, Iconoclasts, Salt and Sanctuary, Timespinner, Steamworld Dig?

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003
OH! I have played Guacamelee and both SteamWorld Digs (I would LOVE a third!)

Dandara and Iconoclausts are on PSPlumium, I have Axiom Verge 1 and both Ori games on steam, and I am sure Super Metroid is on NESFlix. Will see if I have any of those Castlevanias in the castlevanias collections.

This is wild :D Thank you!

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

Veeg became a hardcore twitch streamer and all it took was beating Bloodborne and LadyVG shouting him to heal.

What a time to be alive :buddy:

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

Kazzah posted:

This decade will see the first terabyte-game

Depending on your level of pedantry it may have already happened for games with certain kinds of streaming assets. MS Flight Simulator supposedly has terabytes worth of scanned data it can stream data from as you fly around. Because of the type of game it is, though, it makes sense for it to be limited in scope, because the world is a gigantic place and pretty much no one will be able to come close to flying over every square km of land in the game.

WaltherFeng
May 15, 2013

50 thousand people used to live here. Now, it's the Mushroom Kingdom.
If Nioh Collection is coming then that should include a native PS5 port of Nioh 1.

Does that matter? For most people no but you can't actually play the native PS5 version unless you get the collection because Nioh 1 remaster was never released separately.

I happen to like the original quite a bit so yay.

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
That dualsense pro is half the price of a PS5 in Australia far out freddie

Ineffiable
Feb 16, 2008

Some say that his politics are terrifying, and that he once punched a horse to the ground...

WaltherFeng posted:

If Nioh Collection is coming then that should include a native PS5 port of Nioh 1.

Does that matter? For most people no but you can't actually play the native PS5 version unless you get the collection because Nioh 1 remaster was never released separately.

I happen to like the original quite a bit so yay.

The rumor was just Nioh 2. And there's a ps5 version of nioh 2 without the dlc. So try not to get hopes too much up.

Kazzah
Jul 15, 2011

Formerly known as
Krazyface
Hair Elf
Dual+half times two equals five

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

bowmore posted:

That dualsense pro is half the price of a PS5 in Australia far out freddie

yeah but so is a scuf controller or a nice headset :shrug:

MechaSeinfeld
Jan 2, 2008

340AUD for a DualSense with backpaddles?

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

MechaSeinfeld posted:

340AUD for a DualSense with backpaddles?

out of my wallet, into my hands

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

I believe Emmanuelle is shit, though Emmanuelle 2, Emmanuelle '77 and Goodbye, Emmanuelle may be very good movies.

Quantum of Phallus posted:

doom and my WAD folder

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

I believe Emmanuelle is shit, though Emmanuelle 2, Emmanuelle '77 and Goodbye, Emmanuelle may be very good movies.
Goons getting the new mortgage ps5 pad better be loading up Doom Eternal as the first game and pulling off the sickest poo poo ever seen on a controller.

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

Are we sure its nioh collection? Because everywhere else is saying its just nioh 2

Hakkesshu
Nov 4, 2009

VideoGames posted:

Monster Boy is a really great game that a lot of people probably haven't played because it launched at 30 bucks. It's worth picking up for cheap now, just really solid in every way, one of the best modern metroidvanias for sure.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p5B6AagkRQY

Think they even added a 120hz mode recently.

Hakkesshu fucked around with this message at 13:13 on Oct 26, 2022

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

imhotep posted:

more than one poster here plays the current call of duty with the 104 gb install?? i just somehow manage to avoid seeing like literally any pre release trailers or ads or anything for them anymore, and people generally dont talk about it in this thread except to make fun of how huge the install is so i just assumed that only e sports teams with the name 'faze' something played it.

OK I'll post my campaign takes, as someone who played through the campaign and earned all related trophies except for one miscellaneous trophy and the veteran trophy.

First, there's the obvious follow-up to "Press F to pay respects", which is "Aim your gun at angry people whose homes you broke into along the US/Mex border to de-escalate them, a thing that will definitely work out well."

Second, and this is a hot take that I haven't seen before, but this game rips off major action sequences and game design mechanics from Uncharted 4, Lost Legacy, and The Last of Us, and largely in ways that make them worse/more frustrating. Here's a list off the top of my head:

The "convoy" is in many ways a rip-off of the chase sequence from halfway through Uncharted 4, including having to jump from vehicle to vehicle and hijack them. It is pretty rough to play because you're expected to drive and shoot at the same time and it doesn't really handle that well, even on Recruit you can expect to die a lot.

At one point you have to create shivs. Except they are worse shivs because you can't use them as weapons, only for breaking locks. Even the ingredients you need for them (1xsharp object and 1xbinding) are identical to The Last of Us, except you only find objects in full units and you don't ever find things like half a roll of tape.

Very late in the game is a tank boss which operates almost identically to the APC encounter in Lost Legacy: you hide from it and locate explosives inside red crates because that's the only weapon you have access to that can damage the APC.

For more, this isn't a new problem to Call of Duty campaigns but I'll reiterate it here: the checkpoint system is fucky, basically it autosaves every minute or two but only if the game thinks you are completely safe and out of danger. The thing is the game's ability to determine this is a bit broken at times, and you can get sent back a surprisingly long way randomly just because even though there were stretches of time when all enemies were dead there was some invisible "you're in danger" flag that wasn't reset, so a save during this period of calm didn't happen. Conversely, if you're going partcularly stealth mode in some sequences it actually will save partway through, so long as your kills are properly stealthy and don't alert others in the area.

In a general sense this game once again does the thing where there are weird random mechanics that you only see once and never again. There's a crafting mechanic that's only really utilized in I think two parts of the game where for storyline reasons you lose all your normal weapons and are explicitly forced into being stealthy (and you don't even have the benefit of bare-handed takedowns, you HAVE to avoid everyone and not be spotted or it's insta-death, and the game specifically prevents you from finding weapons for a while in both cases). Similarly one section has you driving vehicles but you only do it for that one level and then never again. There's another "guide someone using CCTV cameras sequence" with the main difference being now you're guiding a soldier and not some scared admin worker, so there are lethal options at least.

Final score is 8/10 Oo-rahs.

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

Press Aim To De-escalate truly is an American motto for the ages

May thy hegemon chip and shatter

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

Vikar Jerome posted:

Goons getting the new mortgage ps5 pad better be loading up Doom Eternal as the first game and pulling off the sickest poo poo ever seen on a controller.

Worry not, I will play Titanfall 2.

abelwingnut
Dec 23, 2002

hopefully this is the right thread.

which marvel vs capcom game is considered the definitive one? and is it available on ps5? i saw mvc 3 ultimate is on sale and got curious.

Baggot
Sep 9, 2009

Hail to the King, baby.

https://twitter.com/witchergame/status/1585270206305386497

ReVerve
Jul 13, 2001

Select and make your first pick.

Biscuit Hider
2 is top but you should have a fun enough time with UMVC3, especially if you are just playing casually. If you plan to play online then maybe Infinite is the better choice.

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

Didn’t they already announce this months ago

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

History Comes Inside! posted:

They announced they were ditching their in-house engine for UE5 months ago, the news that the project they're doing it with is The Witcher Part 1 is new

Morpheus
Apr 18, 2008

My favourite little monsters
Me: "Okay, time to finally get back into games I haven't beaten yet, time to play so-"
Playstation: "Hey look it's a bunch of games you wanted and they're all on ~sale~"

bows1
May 16, 2004

Chill, whale, chill
I cant get past the Intro of Chapter 2 in PT:Requiem. SO much walking.

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007

bows1 posted:

soak in the atmosphere while you can, those moments are brief between everything going murder-y

liquidypoo
Aug 23, 2006

Chew on that... you overgrown son of a bitch.

VideoGames posted:

Hey Liquidy! I probably will not be finishing by Friday. I missed all of Sunday due to some outrageous real life circumstances (A brand new front door of 3 weeks old broke!! Thankfully covered under the warranty and guarantee otherwise we would have had to find £600) as well as all the cleaning, trash removal and transporting of old stuff out of the old place. Goodness it was an exhausting weekend and first two days of the week. The new place has boxes everywhere now!

I DID get to play a little last night and while I died only once in just under 7 hours where I started the stream, last night I think I died five or six times? Usually to my own silliness. I was severely underlevelled and had the weakest weapons so was doing 1-10 damage on all the baddies in Upside Down Dracula House.

Beezlebulb was the trickiest. Those lil poison dudes I could barely see would then set me up to get hit by the big bugs who would each do 78 damage to me, sometimes two at a time.

Some of the music in this second half has been PHENOMENAL!

So now that you're done with Beelzebub, next time you play you should remember to take a look at your hat collection. You're going to be so miffed when you realize you could have mitigated all that poison from the little bugs. Like, I coulda sworn BP was gonna tell you after maybe your second or third death, but he just let you keep on going!

And for the record, the song you really loved in the upside down church zone? Lost Painting. Easily one of the top 5, if not top 3 songs of the game.

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

sick. Wonder if they'll cancel it again like last time around witcher 2 time lol.

Gotta keep this poo poo
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YPTS4TF1ygU

(Lol @ anyone who played witcher 1 in top down mode lol)

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

History Comes Inside! posted:

Quiteeeee a good few months ago yeah

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1SpVGO-jmUU

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

bows1 posted:

If that's too much for you give up now, the start of the second act is around four hours of walking and or talking.