Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

bows1
May 16, 2004

Chill, whale, chill
And I just read the FDA thing and it says it shows no evidence of doing anything... so perhaps thats just like an ad in article form. sorry about that

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Impossibly Perfect Sphere posted:

No, the theory is that by having a tiny bit more blood surrounding your brain you can prevent concussions. It's accomplishing this by slowing the return flow of blood from the brain back to the heart - which doesn't sound like a great thing for an athlete, but what do I know.

At rest, about 70% of the blood in the human body is stored in the venous circulation. When we run/jump/lift weights/post really hard, muscle contraction squeezes the veins and forces more blood into the arterial system. more/harder/longer we exercise/post, more blood get to the contracting muscles, which pump more blood in from the venous system, etc. When we rest, that ratio restores itself gradually. Ever run a 400m sprint, or post furiously through a series finale? Know how you laid on the ground, sweaty, fingers tingling, unable to move for a second? That's the ratio returning.

The decreased blood flow from the brain won't do anything as far as the rest of the body. In the event of a cerebral hemorrhage, increased pressure in the brain would be not great.

This is snake oil. It's the same as Dan Morgan wearing a special mouth piece and sleeping in a hyperbaric chamber.

AndrewP
Apr 21, 2010

How does the effectiveness compare to a Phiten necklace?

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
Packers fans keep posting rumors in NFL reddit about Green Bay trading for Gesicki.

Chubb, Gesicki, Brian Burns. Lotsa names being thrown around this trade deadline. Wonder if any of them actually happen.

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

Amy Pole Her posted:

Packers fans keep posting rumors in NFL reddit about Green Bay trading for Gesicki.

Chubb, Gesicki, Brian Burns. Lotsa names being thrown around this trade deadline. Wonder if any of them actually happen.

I can't see them taking that cap hit for a rental. The most credible rumor I've seen is that the Packers are looking for a receiver on a rookie contract -- so Jeudy, Hamler, Elijah Moore, Michael Pittman Jr (:v:). I don't think a trade will actually happen though.

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002

SKULL.GIF posted:

I can't see them taking that cap hit for a rental. The most credible rumor I've seen is that the Packers are looking for a receiver on a rookie contract -- so Jeudy, Hamler, Elijah Moore, Michael Pittman Jr (:v:). I don't think a trade will actually happen though.

Gesicki is basically a big WR moreso than a TE. He's a great WR, as well, but he's not on his rookie contract. He's on the Tag and would probably be a 4/44/30 type contract if traded for.

ozymandius1024
Mar 15, 2006

You don't yank on the Spine of God

FizFashizzle posted:

At rest, about 70% of the blood in the human body is stored in the venous circulation. When we run/jump/lift weights/post really hard, muscle contraction squeezes the veins and forces more blood into the arterial system. more/harder/longer we exercise/post, more blood get to the contracting muscles, which pump more blood in from the venous system, etc. When we rest, that ratio restores itself gradually. Ever run a 400m sprint, or post furiously through a series finale? Know how you laid on the ground, sweaty, fingers tingling, unable to move for a second? That's the ratio returning.

The decreased blood flow from the brain won't do anything as far as the rest of the body. In the event of a cerebral hemorrhage, increased pressure in the brain would be not great.

This is snake oil. It's the same as Dan Morgan wearing a special mouth piece and sleeping in a hyperbaric chamber.

Is this the same type of thing Luke Kuechly was wearing before he retired?

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002

SKULL.GIF posted:

Same guy who has been posting this is saying that the talks are heating up aggressively with DJ Moore so lol woo hoo https://www.reddit.com/r/GreenBayPackers/comments/ydqov5/possible_dj_moore_trade_coming/?utm_source=share&utm_medium=web2x&context=3

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

CharlestheHammer posted:

Man, the giants get no respect

I understand not respecting them, but the Jets being a tier above them there is an insult.

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!

Grittybeard posted:

I understand not respecting them, but the Jets being a tier above them there is an insult.

It makes absolutely no sense lol.

Amy Pole Her posted:

I think the Rams are absolutely desperate for a back.

But are the Browns stupid enough to get rid of Chubb?

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

Amy Pole Her posted:

Same guy who has been posting this is saying that the talks are heating up aggressively with DJ Moore so lol woo hoo https://www.reddit.com/r/GreenBayPackers/comments/ydqov5/possible_dj_moore_trade_coming/?utm_source=share&utm_medium=web2x&context=3

That's Basaraski, he's really well regarded among the Packers fandom. If he's saying it then it's probably actually happening (the talks, that is, not necessarily the trade).

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

Bring back the neck roll

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

There's no way the Browns are trading Chubb.

They could easily trade Hunt, but why would they trade Chubb? They made the most all-in move imaginable. There's no chance they're getting rid of him before they even see what Rapist can do.

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002

SKULL.GIF posted:

That's Basaraski, he's really well regarded among the Packers fandom. If he's saying it then it's probably actually happening (the talks, that is, not necessarily the trade).

Oh no poo poo? He’s who the packers fans were posting as a source in the dolphins forum about the Gesicki trade talks heating up. I wonder if Green Bay has decided the equity they’ll pay and they’re calling teams on their short list

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!

Kalli posted:

There's no way the Browns are trading Chubb.

They could easily trade Hunt, but why would they trade Chubb? They made the most all-in move imaginable. There's no chance they're getting rid of him before they even see what Rapist can do.

Yeah for sure.

What does a back like Hunt command? I think he's good enough to be an RB1. Are the Rams willing to sell off a bit more of their future to try and save this season?

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

You're all garbage, back up the truck BACK IT UP!

Impossibly Perfect Sphere posted:

It makes absolutely no sense lol.

I think the Rams are absolutely desperate for a back.

But are the Browns stupid enough to get rid of Chubb?

Apparently they want to move Hunt

The Wild Man of YOLO
Apr 20, 2004

A little cross-country, gentlemen?

The trade rumors were about Bradley Chubb, not Nick

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

The Wild Man of YOLO posted:

The trade rumors were about Bradley Chubb, not Nick

Right, okay yeah.

Problem solved, glad we all cracked this case.

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal
https://twitter.com/ZacStevensDNVR/status/1585286330719916035?t=jZTdFsihnxiuuhL6Fs4sAg&s=19

lol what a loving dork

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?
Someone on twitter said Kareem Hunt could be had for a 4th, someone should do that.

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

https://twitter.com/MySportsUpdate/status/1585302391066447872

Freaquency
May 10, 2007

"Yes I can hear you, I don't have ear cancer!"

bows1 posted:

Interesting story about this new collar that some NFL players are wearing to help against concussions

https://www.actionnetwork.com/ncaaf/q-collar-medical-device-limit-concussions-college-football-nfl

a Q-collar you say :trumppop:

MoaM
Dec 1, 2009

Joyous.

Dude can't a read a room, *robot emote*

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

Bills' Tre'Davious White not playing against the Packers on Sunday.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

wandler20 posted:

Someone on twitter said Kareem Hunt could be had for a 4th, someone should do that.

I don't want him but it would be very funny if the Chiefs did this.

Thaddius the Large
Jul 5, 2006

It's in the five-hole!

Finally, something more annoying on a long flight than a crying baby

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

SKULL.GIF posted:

Bills' Tre'Davious White not playing against the Packers on Sunday.

He hasn’t played all year has he?

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

Someone should punch him already

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

Diva Cupcake posted:

No, but there was a lot of talk he might be ready to come back this week. Looks like no, they'll keep him working on rehab until December probably.

latinotwink1997
Jan 2, 2008

Taste my Ball of Hope, foul dragon!

bows1 posted:

Interesting story about this new collar that some NFL players are wearing to help against concussions

https://www.actionnetwork.com/ncaaf/q-collar-medical-device-limit-concussions-college-football-nfl

Henrik Zetterberg
Dec 7, 2007

Thaddius the Large posted:

Finally, something more annoying on a long flight than a crying baby

Tell me you don't have kids without telling me you don't have kids.
After having infant/toddler twins on a handful of flights, I don't even notice crying babies on flights anymore. In fact, I'm completely sympathetic toward the parents who probably feel like colossal assholes anyway for having a crying baby, when there's pretty much nothing they can do about it for multiple hours.

That said, the Browns probably should trade Hunt, as much as I don't want to see him on another team. D'Ernest Johnson can do 85-90% of Hunt, for 15% of the cost. Browns just paid Chubb, Garrett, Ward, Njoku, and Watson. There's not a chance in hell that they're going to be able to, or even want to, pay an RB2/third down back $10-12M or whatever he's looking for. It's unfortunate since they're probably the best RB duo in the league.

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

Im sure Philly fans will accept this with grace.

https://twitter.com/barstoolsports/status/1585308650502901767

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

Diva Cupcake posted:

He was on the PUP and I think got activated?

Whelp, time for Gardner Minshew to start.

Simplex
Jun 29, 2003

That just seems like a silly thing to do.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

The most stunning outcome of this whole Ye saga is finding out that Antonio Brown is actually the president of Donda Sports, and like actual high profile athletes were part of it.

What the gently caress.

Marklar
Jul 24, 2003

Ball is Love
Ball is Life

Simplex posted:

That just seems like a silly thing to do.

Apparently it's an old photo so who knows.

ozymandius1024
Mar 15, 2006

You don't yank on the Spine of God

Nissin Cup Nudist posted:

Someone should punch him already

Worked for Geno, it just took a while.

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

So you're giving up a 1st+ and $20m+ per.

https://twitter.com/Schultz_Report/status/1585318684746076160

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

I know Denver's season is basically lost but selling off your good players seems like a poor idea if you're trying to save your job like Hackett is.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!

Kalli posted:

The most stunning outcome of this whole Ye saga is finding out that Antonio Brown is actually the president of Donda Sports, and like actual high profile athletes were part of it.

What the gently caress.

Yeah that’s a far cry from his school, which seems to just be a cult but some in a pretty lazy way