Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

HA! HA! NICE! WHAT A TOOL!

Sanctum posted:

I have been rolling on 4* without it ever backfiring. Would be great to get some pre-pity 5* rolls for a change. 1387 wishes across all banners and I've had 3 early 5* :(

Good luck on my 50:50 this year :shobon:
I was in this same boat (three earlies in ~1400 rolls) then got four early pities in a row. So maybe some day for you too...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

The problem with C6ing Bennett is less what it does now and more that it's permanent and at some point somewhere along the lifespan of the game the chances of it being bad for a future character are high enough that it should give you pause before you do it. It's not just physical characters, but also characters like Ayaka or Keqing who get meaningful damage out of their infusions but their infusions can be overwritten.

I know Ayaka and Keqing don't generally run with Bennett but they're just examples of characters who a) use an infusion to do a good portion of their damage, and b) can have their infusion overwritten. The likelihood of another character like them in the future who would like to have Bennett on their team is reasonably high I think. Maybe not soon, maybe not in 3.x, but eventually.

Though maybe not. Maybe Hoyo's solution to the Bennett C6 problem is just proactively making any melee non-pyro character who might want to be run with Bennett not affected by his C6 (for example, Ayato). I dunno if it's a good idea to rely on that, though.

(but again I am going to activate it when it happens, and I will absolutely complain when it finally becomes a problem, because I will have learned nothing)

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Tae posted:

The only two physical attackers either don't use Bennet or use Bennet in a hosed up way because of how their kit works in the case of Razor.

Like, Eula's best teams absolutely don't use bennet.

Eula straight up doesnt work with benny since her burst outlasts his and it doesnt snap shot. So many characters have infuses that overrides bennies that its not an issue, only messing up certain freeze teams I think. I'll take the extra pyro damage and controlled access to burgeons.

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

:gowron::m10:
There are other constellations I worry about, like ones that give mostly uncontrollable procs of an element that could mess up aura balance. Kuki's C4 and Klee's C1 for example. I don't know what's keeping them from adding a toggle. Not only would it satisfy a lot of players' long time request, it would open up a lot of design space for them to get creative with constellation effects.

Cao Ni Ma posted:

Eula straight up doesnt work with benny since her burst outlasts his and it doesnt snap shot. So many characters have infuses that overrides bennies that its not an issue, only messing up certain freeze teams I think. I'll take the extra pyro damage and controlled access to burgeons.

It's kind of counterproductive for burgeon though, making it much easier to get burning/vape instead. At least if you're running mostly melee.

gandlethorpe fucked around with this message at 18:40 on Oct 26, 2022

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!

Harrow posted:

The problem with C6ing Bennett is less what it does now and more that it's permanent and at some point somewhere along the lifespan of the game the chances of it being bad for a future character are high enough that it should give you pause before you do it.

Can you really name any team outside of national that uses Bennet? Mono Cryo with ayaka/shenhe doesn't, dendro teams don't because they scale off EM so atk% buffs are useless. Taser teams don't.

The game has generally moved away from atk% buffs in general, EM has become more and more the all-important stat. And more characters are becoming singular in their mainstat builds than the traditional crit ratio.

Bennett/Xingling/XQ has lasted as long as it did because it's still super cheap and easy to build, but most other teams would 100% rather have a Kazuha or a good teammate in a bloom comp than Benny.

ExtrudeAlongCurve
Oct 21, 2010

Lambert is my Homeboy
Bennett c6 is straight up an improvement to every team I use him on so I have zero regrets.

That said, it's painful that I have all 3 4* c6 on Nahida. Hoping the leak is wrong. Or just early Nahida on my 50/50. :pray: I'm not risking any more pulls even though I'm sitting on a lot because there's so many goddamn new characters coming that I'm interested in.

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

gandlethorpe posted:

There are other constellations I worry about, like ones that give mostly uncontrollable procs of an element that could mess up aura balance. Kuki's C4 and Klee's C1 for example. I don't know what's keeping them from adding a toggle. Not only would it satisfy a lot of players' long time request, it would open up a lot of design space for them to get creative with constellation effects.

It's kind of counterproductive for burgeon though, making it much easier to get burning/vape instead. At least if you're running mostly melee.

Burns never trigger in the razor burgeon team, there just isn't enough pyro applications to trigger it when theres hydro and electro going along with it.

Stare-Out
Mar 11, 2010

This game needs more physical attackers. Just mashing attack and seeing big numbers has huge appeal and it's so limited right now.

ExtrudeAlongCurve
Oct 21, 2010

Lambert is my Homeboy

Stare-Out posted:

This game needs more physical attackers. Just mashing attack and seeing big numbers has huge appeal and it's so limited right now.

Counterpoint colorful even bigger numbers are more satisfying.

Stare-Out
Mar 11, 2010

ExtrudeAlongCurve posted:

Counterpoint colorful even bigger numbers are more satisfying.

Yeah but all of those come from pressing the Skill button, let me mash Attack for once.

slicing up eyeballs
Oct 19, 2005

I got me two olives and a couple of limes

Stare-Out posted:

Along those lines are there any claymore users with a burst style CA or all they all spinny or swingy? Would be real fun to caveman around some.

RPATDO_LAMD
Mar 22, 2013

🐘🪠🍆

Tae posted:

Can you really name any team outside of national that uses Bennet? Mono Cryo with ayaka/shenhe doesn't, dendro teams don't because they scale off EM so atk% buffs are useless. Taser teams don't.

The game has generally moved away from atk% buffs in general, EM has become more and more the all-important stat. And more characters are becoming singular in their mainstat builds than the traditional crit ratio.

Bennett/Xingling/XQ has lasted as long as it did because it's still super cheap and easy to build, but most other teams would 100% rather have a Kazuha or a good teammate in a bloom comp than Benny.

xiao w/o double geo, ayato soup, ganyu melt (with either xiangling or kazuha pyro-infused burst), ningguang carry, klee monopyro, hyper raiden, he can be used for many yoimiya and yanfei teams, plus nearly any team that has a core of 3 units can use benny as the 4th for free extra damage
even when there is a super specific niche 5star support that is best in slot for a given team, ol' benny is usually still second- or third- best, and considering like 0.001% of players have every 5-star that means a lot too
you can absolutely throw him into those ayaka teams in place of shenhe and get similar damage, i doubt he outperforms her and lacking a second cryo is gonna make it a pain to keep stuff frozen but for boss deleting it works.

slicing up eyeballs posted:

Along those lines are there any claymore users with a burst style CA or all they all spinny or swingy? Would be real fun to caveman around some.

Itto's CA without his gimmick stacks is a big single hit, although it's also slow as hell to punish you for playing him wrong so I don't think it would be v. fun to build physical CA-spam itto

RPATDO_LAMD fucked around with this message at 19:22 on Oct 26, 2022

Eimi
Nov 23, 2013

I will never log offshut up.

Stare-Out posted:

Yeah but all of those come from pressing the Skill button, let me mash Attack for once.

So many cool normal attack strings with no reason to ever use them. :negative:

Garrand
Dec 28, 2012

Rhino, you did this to me!

I'm at something like 66 pity with a guarantee, so I don't have to burn too many to get the babby.

This came from me trying to get Candace but not particularly wanting cyno. I think I just kept getting a bunch of dionas (I think that was the banner, was 2 c6s on that one either way)

Bananasaurus Rex
Mar 19, 2009
35 pity, no guarantee. But have like 275 wishes saved up. So I'm at least getting C0 dendro girl

I just dont want another Qiqi constellation. I'll take anyone else. Mihoyo pls

YoshiOfYellow
Aug 21, 2015

Voted #1 Babysitter in Mushroom Kingdom

Harrow posted:

The problem with C6ing Bennett is less what it does now and more that it's permanent and at some point somewhere along the lifespan of the game the chances of it being bad for a future character are high enough that it should give you pause before you do it. It's not just physical characters, but also characters like Ayaka or Keqing who get meaningful damage out of their infusions but their infusions can be overwritten.

I know Ayaka and Keqing don't generally run with Bennett but they're just examples of characters who a) use an infusion to do a good portion of their damage, and b) can have their infusion overwritten. The likelihood of another character like them in the future who would like to have Bennett on their team is reasonably high I think. Maybe not soon, maybe not in 3.x, but eventually.

Though maybe not. Maybe Hoyo's solution to the Bennett C6 problem is just proactively making any melee non-pyro character who might want to be run with Bennett not affected by his C6 (for example, Ayato). I dunno if it's a good idea to rely on that, though.

(but again I am going to activate it when it happens, and I will absolutely complain when it finally becomes a problem, because I will have learned nothing)

I dunno if I'm all that worried to be honest. Ayaka was the last character to come out that's reliant on infusion that can be overwritten by Bennett. Since then they've seemed to realize that it's an issue and characters with personal infusions can't get overwritten (ie. Raiden, Itto, Ayato, Cyno). Also he only infuses melee weapons so any bow or catalyst characters are completely unaffected.

Bananasaurus Rex
Mar 19, 2009
I currently have C5 Bennett so I'm very likely to get C6. Probably pull the trigger since one of my most used teams is mono pyro Klee. The only team that he would really mess up would be my Eula team, which I rarely play. And i should probably sub Kuki in there anyway but I have yet to start building her.

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

YoshiOfYellow posted:

I dunno if I'm all that worried to be honest. Ayaka was the last character to come out that's reliant on infusion that can be overwritten by Bennett. Since then they've seemed to realize that it's an issue and characters with personal infusions can't get overwritten (ie. Raiden, Itto, Ayato, Cyno). Also he only infuses melee weapons so any bow or catalyst characters are completely unaffected.

One of the reasons I'm still not entirely sure the problem won't happen again is that the listed characters don't really have infusions the same way Ayaka or Keqing do. They're entering totally separate modes, with different attack strings, rather than infusing their weapon and doing their normal attacks/charged attacks with it. In other words, characters like Bennett or Chongyun can't overwrite Raiden's infusion because it's not actually an "infusion" in the same way. It's a different thing in the code.

There are also infusions like Diluc's, which aren't just applied once (which is why it persists when he swaps out). Diluc's burst places a buff on him that applies a pyro infusion to his weapon ever .5 seconds, which is more frequent than Chongyun's burst's infusion and so it frequently overwrites it. Meanwhile, Candace's buff infuses hydro every .5s and can overwrite Diluc's.

Anyway infusions are weird and kinda hard to predict. Characters like Ayaka or Keqing have infusions that only apply once and so are really easy to overwrite. A future character like that (or a melee physical DPS) would be the most affected by C6 Bennett. I guess it's reasonably unlikely that there'll be another character with that style of infusion who a) isn't pyro and b) very badly wants to run Bennett with no better alternatives but, eh. For people who can put up with the exclamation point they might be better safe than sorry. However I cannot put up with the exclamation point and will 100% roll the dice.

Harrow fucked around with this message at 20:04 on Oct 26, 2022

LibrarianCroaker
Mar 30, 2010

Cao Ni Ma posted:

No it doesn't. Eula burst is 7s to charge up, Bennett burst lasts 12s. Bennett buff only really falls off if you really delay Eula's Q for some reason.

SiKboy
Oct 28, 2007

Oh no!😱

I think a lot of my thinking with Genshin is coloured by knowing I dont stick with games for ever, no matter how much I like a game one day I suddenly get bored of it and just stop playing for ever. So would Bennetts C6 eventually mildly annoy me in some hypothetical future team? Sure, maybe, I guess, but chances are I'll have quit long before that so why worry? Will I regret rolling for X character instead of Y character in the long run? Sure, maybe, but a year from now either I'll have quit playing (so it doesnt matter) or they'll have rerun Y and I can roll for them then (so it doesnt matter).

And I'm on a guarantee for dendro girl. I've lost track of my pity, but have 70 wishes saved, and I'm pretty sure I'm on 20-30 because I rolled the last banner a couple of times and got the water shield girl (then stopped immediately to prevent a "lucky" early electro jackal guy using my guarantee). Got the lotus' I need to get her level 70 (which is where I park most characters anyway) but not too worried because it'll take some time to grind out the dendro vine or whatever to get those drops anyway.

RPATDO_LAMD
Mar 22, 2013

🐘🪠🍆

Harrow posted:

One of the reasons I'm still not entirely sure the problem won't happen again is that the listed characters don't really have infusions the same way Ayaka or Keqing do. They're entering totally separate modes, with different attack strings, rather than infusing their weapon and doing their normal attacks/charged attacks with it. In other words, characters like Bennett or Chongyun can't overwrite Raiden's infusion because it's not actually an "infusion" in the same way. It's a different thing in the code.

There are also infusions like Diluc's, which aren't just applied once (which is why it persists when he swaps out). Diluc's burst places a buff on him that applies a pyro infusion to his weapon ever .5 seconds, which is more frequent than Chongyun's burst's infusion and so it frequently overwrites it. Meanwhile, Candace's buff infuses hydro every .5s and can overwrite Diluc's.

Anyway infusions are weird and kinda hard to predict. Characters like Ayaka or Keqing have infusions that only apply once and so are really easy to overwrite. A future character like that (or a melee physical DPS) would be the most affected by C6 Bennett. I guess it's reasonably unlikely that there'll be another character with that style of infusion who a) isn't pyro and b) very badly wants to run Bennett with no better alternatives but, eh. For people who can put up with the exclamation point they might be better safe than sorry. However I cannot put up with the exclamation point and will 100% roll the dice.

All the post release characters besides Ayaka (and Candace, who gives a teamwide buff) specifically have language in their skill/burst descriptions that say convert instead of infuse plus "...cannot be overridden by other infusions"
Xiao, Hu Tao, Itto, Yoimiya, Aloy, and Kazuha's plunge attack all have this even though they don't have different 'modes' like raiden's and still use their normal NA moveset. (Actually does Hu Tao's CA change? idk)

Weirdly though the characters who get infusions from a constellation still get a normal overridable one.

John Lee
Mar 2, 2013

A time traveling adventure everyone can enjoy

So, I have a guaranteed Nahida on the next banner, for my collection of every archon, but I also have enough rolls saved up for one more five-star. 50-50, of course, but should I go for:

-Yoimiya, who I have a slot for in a team already, and is thus a good option
-Nahida's weapon, which looks real good
-Nahida's C1, which looks real good

Or is it too early to tell?

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

:gowron::m10:
Save for every new character coming up?

RPATDO_LAMD
Mar 22, 2013

🐘🪠🍆

John Lee posted:

So, I have a guaranteed Nahida on the next banner, for my collection of every archon, but I also have enough rolls saved up for one more five-star. 50-50, of course, but should I go for:

if you're on the edge between a character or a bigger number pick the character
or wait for some of the cool future chars like dehya and alhaitham and scaramouche

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

John Lee posted:

Ever since they stopped putting two great weapons on each banner back in February 2021, I'd recommend holding off unless you're just trying to get 4* weapons specifcally and don't really care. Because now everything's boobytrapped. I've been lucky, but I've also had insane 50/50 character luck for like a year and a half too so I don't want to set anyone else up for failure. If Nahida's weapon looks usuable on other people like a Mistsplitter or a Staff of Homa or Wolf's Gravestone then by all means go for it. If it seems tailor made to her like Kokomi's weapon, then maybe hold off and just use a Widsith or something.

John Lee
Mar 2, 2013

A time traveling adventure everyone can enjoy

From leaks, Nahida's weapon, if I understand it right, gives big EM buffs to other people on the team, which makes it at least good on a variety of comps - and I have Raiden, so I'm into it by default.

edit: and the opposing 5* weapon is Yoimiya's, which is real good for Childe, who is an active member of several of my teams

Hellioning
Jun 27, 2008

121 pulls at 61 pity. Guaranteed a Nahida but I probably won't get a Yoimiya, darn.

Hyper Inferno
Jun 11, 2015

RPATDO_LAMD posted:

All the post release characters besides Ayaka (and Candace, who gives a teamwide buff) specifically have language in their skill/burst descriptions that say convert instead of infuse plus "...cannot be overridden by other infusions"
Xiao, Hu Tao, Itto, Yoimiya, Aloy, and Kazuha's plunge attack all have this even though they don't have different 'modes' like raiden's and still use their normal NA moveset. (Actually does Hu Tao's CA change? idk)

Weirdly though the characters who get infusions from a constellation still get a normal overridable one.

Hu Tao's CA under her skill is noticeably faster in startup compared to without. The base animation looks the same otherwise though. Given that it's probably a little bit more than just an infused CA under the hood (because it also inflicts the Blood Blossom) that would be my guess as to why it's different.

Kale
May 14, 2010

Debating just skipping Nilou after losing the 50/50 and just continuing on and waiting for a rerun as I feel I'll get more use out of Nahida ultimately. Nilou sounds on paper like one of those characters to come back to once you have the right team, much as I like dancer girl characters and all.

Coolness Averted
Feb 20, 2007

oh don't worry, I can't smell asparagus piss, it's in my DNA

GO HOGG WILD!
🐗🐗🐗🐗🐗

Kale posted:

Debating just skipping Nilou after losing the 50/50 and just continuing on and waiting for a rerun as I feel I'll get more use out of Nahida ultimately. Nilou sounds on paper like one of those characters to come back to once you have the right team, much as I like dancer girl characters and all.

Yeah, she's on odd choice to have run right now, unless they were primarily selling her on her aesthetic. The character is built for double hydro, double dendro, but we don't have 2 good dendro characters to pair her with yet. Unless the goal was to make people feel really pot commited rolling for her and then Nahida, but I don't think a new archon needs people twisting their arm to pull her. She'd make more sense after Nahida but before another viable dendro character.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

nilou's the yoimiya of sumeru

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Fight for all that is beautiful in the world

genshin has a lot of hot guys too, huh

i wanna tug on tighnari's ears!!!

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

also,
realistically speaking, should Collei really be in my party when she has such a debilitating disease???

RPATDO_LAMD
Mar 22, 2013

🐘🪠🍆
it comes and goes, she's just not currently in a flareup

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Well according to Tig she's degraded to the point she cant really do patrols anymore and its only 3.1

Chernobyl Peace Prize
May 7, 2007

Or later, later's fine.
But now would be good.

RPATDO_LAMD posted:

it comes and goes, she's just not currently in a flareup
Yeah but she plays like it's terminal and in the later stages

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

"Let's give the cute, green, forest girl anime-fibrodysplasia ossificans progressiva, that'll be a great depressing storyline!!!"

Rexxed
May 1, 2010

Dis is amazing!
I gotta try dis!

You have to average helping one sick girl per expansion. Bake-Danuki masquerading as girls don't count.

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Just how many mistakes have you suffered on the way here?

An uncountable number, to be sure.
Trying to edge out the competition in Arknights, which is full of rock cancer.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

god everything about Dehya is so hot I must have her