Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: slave to my cravings)

kolby
Oct 29, 2004

Cocaine is Abel posted:

I don’t care much for Frasier

Loved Cheers, never saw a single episode of Frasier. My father in law, who is conservative and dumb as poo poo, loves it. I feel like it would be too high brow based on clips I've seen but the guy can't get enough

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

slave to my cravings
Mar 1, 2007

Got my mind on doritos and doritos on my mind.
It’s not really high brow as it is making fun of people who are high brow

UwUnabomber
Sep 9, 2012

Pubes dreaded out so hoes call me Chris Barnes. I don't wear a condom at the pig farm.
Yeah no it's all sex and gay jokes.

It's also surprisingly progressive for how old it is. Like the first episode with a gay guy as a plot point is about Frasier being too dumb to realize his boss thinks he's on a date with him while Frasier tries to set him up with Daphne. The joke isnt really ever "Haha he's gay" but "Haha Frasier is a horse's rear end."

Puppy Galaxy
Aug 1, 2004

kolby posted:

Loved Cheers, never saw a single episode of Frasier. My father in law, who is conservative and dumb as poo poo, loves it. I feel like it would be too high brow based on clips I've seen but the guy can't get enough

“Fraiser is too high brow” - kolby

Puppy Galaxy
Aug 1, 2004

SKVLK posted:

Yeah no it's all sex and gay jokes.

It's also surprisingly progressive for how old it is. Like the first episode with a gay guy as a plot point is about Frasier being too dumb to realize his boss thinks he's on a date with him while Frasier tries to set him up with Daphne. The joke isnt really ever "Haha he's gay" but "Haha Frasier is a horse's rear end."

watched that the other night, some good gay dad jokes

Mandrel
Sep 24, 2006

yeah Frasier isn't high brow at all that's why it's so funny/universally loved. the joke is always on the rich high society Seattlites like Frasier

you know what, let's get a little Frasier going in here

Frasier is scared to confront his black cohost because he doesn't want to "seem racist":

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FzhrCg9To14

DOPE FIEND KILLA G
Jun 4, 2011

cheers is better

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
learning some things

https://latestnews.fresherslive.com...e-height-506751

ElGroucho
Nov 1, 2005

We already - What about sticking our middle fingers up... That was insane
Fun Shoe

DOPE FIEND KILLA G posted:

cheers is better

Cheers was best before they decided Sam Malone’s one character trait should be “HORNY!” instead of “surrounded by idiots”

a fatguy baldspot
Aug 29, 2018

DOPE FIEND KILLA G posted:

cheers is better

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!
Coach is my favorite sitcom character.

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

The_Rob posted:

Yeah he’s going to be working the paramount in Austin which is cool.

that's the first thing I noticed when I saw the venues. that's a serious venue, not a chuckle hut

DOPE FIEND KILLA G
Jun 4, 2011

good for him. i hope he works on his material. if not, well, i guess if the crowds are bigger then thats more people to ask about threesomes

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

yeah instead of a 200-person venue at $20/ticket it's like 1200 @ $40 so that's a decent payday at 2-5 performances

Puppy Galaxy
Aug 1, 2004

i say swears online posted:

yeah instead of a 200-person venue at $20/ticket it's like 1200 @ $40 so that's a decent payday at 2-5 performances

Boston has “official premium seats” thru Ticketmaster for over $150 lol

imhotep
Nov 16, 2009

REDBAR INTENSIFIES

Dalmuti posted:

I'm in kind of a weird mood myself

maryland, but uh

KoRMaK
Jul 31, 2012

tom is so mad and it didn't really seem like he had that much outright contempt until he was on Chapo

did he know Chapo was in the cum town extended universe, or was he completely sideswiped my Will's question lol

Mandrel
Sep 24, 2006

Tom seems kind of oblivious to a lot of poo poo so probably not

like remember that clip from when he went on Luis' show and he's sitting there between Luis and Tim Dillon very seriously explaining his beef with little known Baltimore comic Nick Mullen and they're very credulously nodding along. he's like the kid at the lunch table who doesn't realize he's being bullied, it's sad

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

i like to imagine tom makes really nice sandwiches at home

Futanari Damacy
Oct 30, 2021

by sebmojo

Mandrel posted:

Tom seems kind of oblivious to a lot of poo poo so probably not

like remember that clip from when he went on Luis' show and he's sitting there between Luis and Tim Dillon very seriously explaining his beef with little known Baltimore comic Nick Mullen and they're very credulously nodding along. he's like the kid at the lunch table who doesn't realize he's being bullied, it's sad

The whole ep is good actually. His obliviousness makes it

net work error
Feb 26, 2011

Metallic Baldwin

The Chad Jihad
Feb 24, 2007

KoRMaK posted:

tom is so mad and it didn't really seem like he had that much outright contempt until he was on Chapo

I'm not sure if you're referring to something recent hes said but Tom has been taking random potshots for years (usually at stav; bigger target)

stump collector
May 28, 2007

net work error posted:

Metallic Baldwin

stump collector
May 28, 2007

The Chad Jihad posted:

I'm not sure if you're referring to something recent hes said but Tom has been taking random potshots for years (usually at stav; bigger target)

he doesnt miss

net work error
Feb 26, 2011

https://twitter.com/Sethrogen/status/1585307262255386632?t=EkiPB5SdqZKeEoiduDe2xQ&s=19

I didn't really think the first one was that popular

Trillhouse
Dec 31, 2000

i never sausage a bad idea for a movie

CRIP EATIN BREAD
Jun 24, 2002

Hey stop worrying bout my acting bitch, and worry about your WACK ass music. In the mean time... Eat a hot bowl of Dicks! Ice T

Soiled Meat
first one was pretty funny.

stupid, but enjoyable.

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

net work error posted:

I didn't really think the first one was that popular
lol me either

quote:

The film received generally positive reviews from critics, who praised its humor and screenplay. It grossed $141.3 million against a budget of $19 million, becoming the highest-grossing R-rated animated film at the time until it was surpassed by Demon Slayer: Mugen Train in 2020.

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
god drat they didn't pay those indian graphics villagers jack poo poo

stump collector
May 28, 2007

Trillhouse posted:

Pharmaskittle
Dec 17, 2007

arf arf put the money in the fuckin bag

Trillhouse posted:

lol

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
god dammit nick just cancelled my show for the third time, the hilton next to that helium has got to be getting tired of my poo poo

Wizard Master
Mar 25, 2008

stump collector
May 28, 2007

the king

Trillhouse
Dec 31, 2000

ben shapino
Nov 22, 2020

you do not mess with Tom Myers

Sunk Dunk
Apr 14, 2021