Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

Zero One posted:

https://twitter.com/freep/status/1584562341865291776?s=46&t=yXpOEYaeplrCrOQjzkKWMQ

Basically contradicting everything his parents have been saying in their defense.

So were they lying to sell out their own son?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Read After Burning
Feb 19, 2013

"All this, for me? 💃Ah, you didn't have to! 🥰"

mds2 posted:

Oh wow. New take on an old classic.

The shooter was apparently a 20 year old man who yelled out "You're all going to die". So far, a student and a teacher are dead. :smith:

FoolyCharged
Oct 11, 2012

Cheating at a raffle? I sentence you to 1 year in jail! No! Two years! Three! Four! Five years! Ah! Ah! Ah! Ah!
Somebody call for an ant?

Read After Burning posted:

The shooter was apparently a 20 year old man who yelled out "You're all going to die". So far, a student and a teacher are dead. :smith:

Sounds like he was a loving loser that couldn't keep his word.

Borscht
Jun 4, 2011
Has anyone in this thread been following the Christmas parade trial? Absolute madness

Nigmaetcetera
Nov 17, 2004

borkborkborkmorkmorkmork-gabbalooins

Borscht posted:

Has anyone in this thread been following the Christmas parade trial? Absolute madness

I have, nobody else has. Schizophrenic honky-hating sovereign citizen maniac, fun stuff.

Read After Burning
Feb 19, 2013

Borscht posted:

Yee, I was trying to balance watching the Parkland, Alex Jones, and Wakeusha (butchered the spelling I'm sure) trials and it was exhausting!

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel
edit: ^^^ Waukesha.

A local random dude here who was doing a fantastic job covering the 2020 Kenosha riots and has gotten kinda big has been posting live videos of it. I watched a little bit.

The guy is representing himself. He is clearly crazy.

CPL593H
Oct 28, 2009

I know what you did last summer, and frankly I am displeased.
Speaking of gun violence, I feel like maybe people shouldn't solve any minor misunderstanding by mag dumping at the first person you see.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/nation/2022/10/18/florida-man-son-shoot-woman-thought-burglar-package/10532808002/

quote:

A Florida father and his 15-year-old son were arrested on attempted murder charges after police say the two shot at an innocent woman they thought was trying to break into their home after a neighbor dropped off a misdelivered package to their home.

The incident began Saturday morning in Winter Haven, less than 50 miles southwest of Orlando, when a neighbor of 73-year-old Gino Colonacosta noticed they received a package of prescription medication in the mail meant for the Colonacosta family. The neighbor went to the Colonacosta residence and left the package on the front door handle, Polk County Sheriff Grady Judd said in a news conference.

The home was equipped with a Ring doorbell camera, and after Colonacosta and his son got a notification on their phone of the camera movement, the two grabbed their firearms and pursued what they suspected to be a burglar, Judd said.
Colonacosta and his son exited their home and walked around the apartment building complex looking for a suspect, and later found a woman "minding her own business" on her phone inside a parked vehicle, the sheriff said. An affidavit provided to USA TODAY added the woman lived in the complex and just had returned home in her designated parking space.

"When she looks up and she sees Gino standing at the back of her vehicle with a gun pointed at her, screaming for her to get out of the car, she thinks 'he's about to carjack me, he's gonna rob me,'" Judd said.

The woman put her car in reverse to get away and back into another vehicle, authorities said. Colonacosta's son, who was checking other parts of the complex, heard commotion from his father and went to him. When he arrived, authorities said the 15-year-old thought the car was trying to hit his dad and he fired several shots at the car. The woman was able to speed away, as the two fired a total of seven shots at the car.

The woman and Colonacosta later alerted authorities of the incident, which launched an investigation, revealing one of the bullets went through a car seat and became lodged in the driver's seat of the car. The woman did not suffer any wounds.

The sheriff added the two acted "way out of line" and did not understand Florida's "stand your ground law," which allows residents to defend or threaten force if they feel someone is attempting to break into a home.

"That doesn't mean you can go search people out and shoot them. That's what they did," Judd said.

Colonacosta was charged with attempted felony murder, aggravated assault with a deadly weapon without intent, discharging a firearm in public, improper exhibition of a firearm, parent (or) guardian allowing unlawful possession, contributing to delinquency, conspiracy and negligence, according to jail records. Colonacosta's son is also facing felony murder charges.

"This ranks among the craziest stuff that I've seen in a while, and I've seen a lot of crazy stuff," Judd said. "I can't get over this. This is so wrong on every level."

This is just cartoonish. This dumb stand your ground poo poo has never done anything but make people less safe and gives delusional nutcases the chance to fulfill their fantasies of being suburban commandos. The person on their camera dropped a loving package at their door which they would have had to walk by to go outside. Even if they didn't see the box, burglars don't typically just leave instead of trying to get in. I'd like to think these people just aren't that stupid and were just finding an excuse but honestly who can say anymore? It was probably both because Florida is constantly justifying its reputation as an insane hellhole. Jesus Christ, if I had meds coming to my house through the mail I'd be closely watching the tracking.

Murdstone
Jun 14, 2005

I'm feeling Jimmy

Way out of line! Ridiculous! Ridiculous!

putin is a cunt
Apr 5, 2007

BOY DO I SURE ENJOY TRASH. THERE'S NOTHING MORE I LOVE THAN TO SIT DOWN IN FRONT OF THE BIG SCREEN AND EAT A BIIIIG STEAMY BOWL OF SHIT. WARNER BROS CAN COME OVER TO MY HOUSE AND ASSFUCK MY MOM WHILE I WATCH AND I WOULD CERTIFY IT FRESH, NO QUESTION
Is the poor lad from the previous story still alive? That story hit hard I guess specifically because of the footage. If the world has any kindness left I hope that kid survives, and in that case the cop should absolutely be charged with attempted murder. He shot right into the car directly at the kid while he was under absolutely no threat. Heaven forbid, if the kid dies, do this guy for murder. No question.

putin is a cunt fucked around with this message at 07:56 on Oct 25, 2022

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
Oh, I forgot about the parade shooting!

https://twitter.com/shannonrwatts/status/1584617462426836993

https://twitter.com/jnuttsdotcom/status/1584624886810656771

:thunk:

Detheros
Apr 11, 2010

I want to die.

Guillotine all cops.

The Butcher
Apr 20, 2005

Well, at least we tried.
Nap Ghost

CPL593H posted:

\his is just cartoonish. This dumb stand your ground poo poo has never done anything but make people less safe and gives delusional nutcases the chance to fulfill their fantasies of being suburban commandos.

It is absolutely bizarre. I just today got my neighbour's package and went to give it to them. Was greeted by one of the children and asked them a simple little riddle to get it.

I would be very surprised if someone {other than a cop) shoved a gun in my face.

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
There are paranoid assholes like that, and not just in america. I once was driving through a village and came to spot where the paved road turned into gravel/mud. Decided to take another route so I had to reverse into a parking space next to a house, and as I was doing that, another car was driving past so I had to pause there. Whole thing didn't take more than a minute but a guy ran out of the house and started screaming like what the gently caress I was doing there and to get the gently caress out. Jeez. At least he didn't have a gun so I was pretty safe.

Regrettable
Jan 5, 2010

Don't worry, they'll be removing every window soon. Then when the gunmen start shooting out the door locks they'll remove those too. They'll do whatever it takes to keep your guns kids safe.

Borscht
Jun 4, 2011

Nigmaetcetera posted:

I have, nobody else has. Schizophrenic honky-hating sovereign citizen maniac, fun stuff.

Today is closing arguments (about after lunch CDT) it should be a humdinger. Darrell Brooks (I DO NOT CONSENT TO BE CALLED BY THAT NAME) has already said that he will be attempting to reference things not in evidence and jury nullification.

e: the highlight for me so far is when he called his ex-gf with whom he has a 15 year old son to the stand and attempted to impeach her by indicating that she was a bad mother. The state returned with this gem and the subsequent meltdown is :discourse:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C9uZ1gOm6vo&t=93s

Borscht fucked around with this message at 15:00 on Oct 25, 2022

Regalingualius
Jan 7, 2012

We gazed into the eyes of madness... And all we found was horny.

Regrettable posted:

Don't worry, they'll be removing every window soon. Then when the gunmen start shooting out the door locks they'll remove those too. They'll do whatever it takes to keep your guns kids safe.

The real problems start when someone reads up on the Triangle Shirtwaist Factory and decides to replicate it in a bunker school

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

Holy poo poo. That guy is a loving moron. How is he not getting held for contempt?

edit: I just turned it on live and the judge is explaining why she removed him from the court lol

Zamujasa
Oct 27, 2010

Bread Liar

Regrettable posted:

Always joked as a kid growing up that schools were basically prisons, but ...

WAR CRIME GIGOLO
Oct 3, 2012

The Hague
tryna get me
for these glutes

Pennywise the Frown posted:

Holy poo poo. That guy is a loving moron. How is he not getting held for contempt?

edit: I just turned it on live and the judge is explaining why she removed him from the court lol

IM AGITATED

Holy poo poo what a court case lol

Regalingualius
Jan 7, 2012

putin is a oval office posted:

Is the poor lad from the previous story still alive? That story hit hard I guess specifically because of the footage. If the world has any kindness left I hope that kid survives, and in that case the cop should absolutely be charged with attempted murder. He shot right into the car directly at the kid while he was under absolutely no threat. Heaven forbid, if the kid dies, do this guy for murder. No question.

He is, but apparently it’s still going very rough:

-Had to have a tracheotomy
-Still has a bullet lodged next to his heart
-Just came down with pneumonia

:smith:

kntfkr
Feb 11, 2019

GOOSE FUCKER

Detheros posted:

Guillotine all cops.

Read After Burning
Feb 19, 2013

St. Louis shooter apparently left a note:

Reuters posted:

Describing the handwritten note as a "manifesto," Police Commissioner Michael Sack read a portion of the document to the media at a press conference on Tuesday.

"I don't have any friends," Sack quoted the note as saying "I don't have any family. I never had a girlfriend. I never had a social life. I've been an isolated loner my entire life. This was the perfect storm for a mass shooter."

Regalingualius
Jan 7, 2012

Livingston deputy gets off with a ticket after fatal accident where he rammed the other car from behind at 85 MPH

Detheros
Apr 11, 2010

I want to die.

Detheros posted:

Guillotine all cops.

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

quote:

The grand jury charged Cory Winburn with careless operation in the death of 33-year-old Christinia Estave. The charge means Winburn was issued a ticket rather than being booked into jail, according to District Attorney Scott Perrilloux.

:stare:

The Butcher
Apr 20, 2005

Well, at least we tried.
Nap Ghost
We figured out the most effective way to barricade the door, egress via the window to a ledge, had to remove a blocking piece there, and then scramble the kids to the roof via a ramp like piece of it, boosting them as needed.

Also possible to drop into foliage below and book it off site, but higher chance of being hurt in the drop. Also a cop might see a moving target and get to have a really fun day, so there is that risk too.

gently caress just waiting there sitting in the corner hoping for the best.

This is normal.

CPL593H
Oct 28, 2009

quote:

The WBRZ Investigative Unit also found a discrepancy in that paperwork: the crash report listed two different blood-alcohol levels for Estave. At one point, her BAC was said to be 0.016 percent, while another part of the report lists it as 0.16 percent. We asked State Police to clarify which number was correct, and the agency said bloodwork showed her BAC to be .16 percent, which is over the legal driving limit.

Nothing at all suspicious about this discrepancy!

The Bananana
May 21, 2008

This is a metaphor, a Christian allegory. The fact that I have to explain to you that Jesus is the Warthog, and the Banana is drepanocytosis is just embarrassing for you.

Wow I changed my mind. Cops rule.
Cops, and the justice feature as a whole, are wonderful.

Let's have a party

Murdstone
Jun 14, 2005

I'm feeling Jimmy

I don't think dying shooting up a school will make you lots of friends.

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant
"Your dis-HONOR, she said she was 19 when I was balls deep! "

Absolutely presidential defense.

FoolyCharged
Oct 11, 2012

Cheating at a raffle? I sentence you to 1 year in jail! No! Two years! Three! Four! Five years! Ah! Ah! Ah! Ah!
Somebody call for an ant?

CPL593H posted:

Nothing at all suspicious about this discrepancy!

You'd think someone being drunk on the job on top of driving over the limit, on top of killing someone might be enough to get the cop cut loose from the usual protections, but gotta protect their own I guess.

The Butcher
Apr 20, 2005

Well, at least we tried.
Nap Ghost

FoolyCharged posted:

You'd think someone being drunk on the job on top of driving over the limit, on top of killing someone might be enough to get the cop cut loose from the usual protections, but gotta protect their own I guess.

It's sloppy work to be sure. You need to give them a strong talking to about how you ignore first aid and run home to get more drunk, THEN report it. The drinking came after the crash, yeah? Maybe slap your wife around a bit if you want but that's not department policy or really relevant to your issue here.

But like, whatever.

KennyMan666
May 27, 2010

The Saga

Texas decided they didn't have enough shootings.

https://www.nytimes.com/2022/10/26/us/texas-guns-permitless.html

CPL593H
Oct 28, 2009

The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of kids and people minding their own business at Walmart.

Regalingualius
Jan 7, 2012

https://twitter.com/dgoforth918/status/1584975428561035264?s=46&t=HZm0MrsQLquN1PrZo3H4sQ

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel
Oh don't worry. He's been placed on administrative restricted duty while the "investigation" goes on.

https://twitter.com/TulsaPolice/status/1585059832385916929

InsertPotPun
Apr 16, 2018

Pissy Bitch stan

CPL593H posted:

Speaking of gun violence, I feel like maybe people shouldn't solve any minor misunderstanding by mag dumping at the first person you see.
:yeeclaw:
the best part is if they had actually murdered the person they wouldn't be in nearly as much trouble. "self-defense you say? good thing you were armed!" *cop closes case*
"listen, the enemy are just a bunch of stupid, lazy, entitled children. nothing more dangerous"

Read After Burning posted:

St. Louis shooter apparently left a note:
describing the handwritten note as a "manifesto," Police Commissioner Michael Sack read a portion of the document to the media at a press conference on Tuesday.

"I don't have any friends," Sack quoted the note as saying "I don't have any family. I never had a girlfriend. I never had a social life. I've been an isolated loner my entire life. This was the perfect storm for a mass shooter."
any true crime podcast: "the killer was a loner with no friends, little social life, and zero contact with their family"
me sitting alone sewing tiny pants for a robot: "..."

Nigmaetcetera
Nov 17, 2004

borkborkborkmorkmorkmork-gabbalooins
I’m gonna play video games and dye my hair purple in solidarity with victims of police brutality.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Borscht
Jun 4, 2011
The Tulsa pd are the PD that made me hate cops!! This is typical bullshit of theirs. Tulsa people have ZERO chill.