Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

SKELITON_BRINGING_U_ON.GIF
Also dunno what to make about the Gesiki rumor because we already have a WR in TE body with Big Bob, but maybe the two TE set is going to make a revival

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

muhcockle!

edit: holy poo poo Eagles defense

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

Bears won a game and panicked

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

Eagles going for it

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002

Professor Funk posted:

Was about to say, hasn’t Quinn been pretty bad this year?

He’s so hot and cold

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Amy Pole Her posted:

He’s so hot and cold

he's got it all

hot lovin every night

edit: leaving this camper image up you can't make me not

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

Seems about right.

https://twitter.com/AdamSchefter/status/1585360751476494336

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

Cripes Howie, stop it.

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

You're all garbage, back up the truck BACK IT UP!
The Bears will never stop tanking

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?
Ravens putting up over 500 yards.

https://twitter.com/briannadixNFL/status/1585362130014203904?s=20&t=v_s45L4C-Hga0v00fStcvA

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

A QB being an extra dirty player is quite fun actually

Sure, OK

Amy Pole Her posted:

He’s so hot and cold

:psyduck:

Would not have pegged Quinn as having over 100 sacks

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

THE HELL IS WITH THIS ASS!?

This is acceptable.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Just in time for Mac Nuts chat

https://twitter.com/AroundTheNFL/status/1585369928172855296

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

i would have said robert quinn was 33. but he's only 32. loving crazier than hell.

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002

kiimo posted:

he's got it all

hot lovin every night

edit: leaving this camper image up you can't make me not

Lmao wrong image!

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
Miami traded him for a 5 if i recall correctly so he’s literally gaining value

syzpid
Aug 9, 2014

I don't understand this at all? Dalton has arguably looked worse, and Winston played at least 1 game with a broken back? Plus they don't want to actually tank, they don't have their first this year.

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!
I feel like this is the longest we've gone without hearing from Baker Mayfield since he's been in the league.

Woozie66
Sep 8, 2009

I'll wait for the next era

Impossibly Perfect Sphere posted:

I feel like this is the longest we've gone without hearing from Baker Mayfield since he's been in the league.

https://twitter.com/DNewtonespn/status/1585338490815795201?t=cr_CvRfIgYGG8_cbgCpQWw&s=19

He's, uh, busy.

really queer Christmas
Apr 22, 2014

Theres some saints fans who will be upset, but I will be adding an extra fleur de lis to my paper bag when I wear it now.

really queer Christmas
Apr 22, 2014

syzpid posted:

I don't understand this at all? Dalton has arguably looked worse, and Winston played at least 1 game with a broken back? Plus they don't want to actually tank, they don't have their first this year.

Andy does have less rapes though

Freaquency
May 10, 2007

"Yes I can hear you, I don't have ear cancer!"

They will still somehow only manage 20-ish points

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

When asked which Pokemon he evolved into, Kamara pauses.

"Motherfucking, what's that big dragon shit? That orange motherfucker. Charizard."

syzpid posted:

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

dalton has looked ok except for those very unlucky pick sixes that were the receivers fault probably. especially the one that was 100% on dalton. that one was the receiver's fault

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

:stare:

https://twitter.com/DisbussingFilm/status/1585058188931780608

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
… what. The 40 year old is going to play a college kid?

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

I don’t know if DisbussingFilm is a reputable outlet

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

lol that’s a good account

https://twitter.com/disbussingfilm/status/1582851182036676608?s=46&t=6_3ZKf9tan0r-Bq89scsfg

https://twitter.com/disbussingfilm/status/1581700584637222914?s=46&t=6_3ZKf9tan0r-Bq89scsfg

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

lol I was owned.

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

Diva Cupcake posted:

lol I was owned.

https://twitter.com/disbussingfilm/status/1569108094818390016?s=46&t=6_3ZKf9tan0r-Bq89scsfg

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Nathan "Dune" Arrakis

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!
i'm sorry you got owned but it was worth it for the lols

bows1
May 16, 2004

Chill, whale, chill
That account sucks and I blocked it from showing up on my feed.

sweet thursday
Sep 16, 2012

4 hours of high knees as punishment

davecrazy
Nov 25, 2004

I'm an insufferable shitposter who does not deserve to root for such a good team. Also, this is what Matt Harvey thinks of me and my garbage posting.
Eagles running scared of Danny Dimes. Need to bolster their DL before he feasts.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Big ol panthers QB fail writeup from Jeremy Fowler. It's paywalled, but I figured you'd guys appreciate the Darnold process.

quote:

Weeks after that evaluation session, Rhule sent a group text to his coaches indicating the team was about to trade for Darnold and requesting to keep the intel private. The idea to trade for Darnold had begun with Rhule, who a front-office source said popped into Fitterer's office after a defensive staff meeting to ask what the GM thought of the possibility.

Fitterer scouted Darnold while with the Seahawks and was intrigued by the former USC star's arm and escapability. The Panthers thought a change in scenery could help Darnold, a chance to pair with Joe Brady aiding Darnold's growth.

People inside the building had different interpretations for how Rhule, who did not respond to multiple requests to be interviewed for this story, handled personnel decisions.

One team source said Rhule preferred to reach consensus with Fitterer before taking a plan to Tepper, describing the process as "collaborative." That differs from another team source, who said Rhule's leadership style was to "wear everybody out" until he got his way, even in big groups, and sometimes operated impulsively. In this case, Rhule was willing to overlook Darnold's well-documented problems with turnovers and accuracy.

"It was Darnold, Darnold, Darnold [for Rhule] that offseason," a front-office source said.

The Panthers agreed to send a sixth-round pick in 2021 and second- and fourth-rounders in 2022 to the Jets in exchange for Darnold, staking their near-term future to a player who had recorded a 13-25 record with the Jets and had yet to produce a 20-touchdown season. Carolina then doubled down on the decision, picking up his fifth-year option and guaranteeing him $18.8 million before he had taken a snap as a Panther.

Fitterer's logic on the option, per a front-office source, was this: The two-year payout would be reasonable, considering Darnold's $4.7 million due in 2021, and he'd be much more expensive if he lit up the field that season. Tepper, per a team source, questioned placing that value on Darnold so early in his relationship with the team but "reluctantly" approved, a source with direct knowledge of the negotiations said.

"It went from a decent setup to WTF," said a team source of the offense's descent. As the losses mounted, Tepper's blood boiled, with one front-office source describing him as "furious" over the way Darnold's fifth-year option hung over the franchise. (A source close to the owner said the "furious" characterization was too strong).

Tepper had a predilection for tracking social media mentions and media reports on his team, multiple sources said. One front-office source described his approach as "stream of consciousness," unafraid to vent to confidants about his frustrations with the team -- including quarterback play.

Even before Darnold's injury, one former member of Rhule's staff noted how the organization's support of the quarterback grew increasingly tepid, and reports about a possible quarterback change were not firmly dismissed.

"A quarterback has to feel like he's the most important guy in the building, and I don't think those guys ever felt that way," said the staff member of the benched quarterbacks. "They [Rhule and the Panthers] were always looking for something better. Zero patience." (methinks the agent doth protest too much)

I haven't finished the whole thing but my takeaway is

1. Rhule really wanted Darnold and overpowered everyone else. This tracks with other stories about how Rhule loved Darnold when he spoke to him over the phone when going through the hiring process with the Jets.

2. Fitterer extended him assuming the best case scenario; that he wasn't Jets Darnold (he was)

3. Not clear on the compensation. Wouldn't be surprised if it was Rhule screaming "LEGALIZE DARNOLD, DUDE" and slamming the phone.

4. Rhule and everyone else immediately started looking for the next QB, which A.) is understandable but B.) Rhule was absolutely poo poo with roster management.

5. Oh my god Tepper is on twitter

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

https://twitter.com/OutsiderSports/status/1585410948369711106

Greg Jennings putting the team on his back with a broken leg

Asproigerosis
Mar 13, 2013

insufferable

bows1 posted:

Interesting story about this new collar that some NFL players are wearing to help against concussions

https://www.actionnetwork.com/ncaaf/q-collar-medical-device-limit-concussions-college-football-nfl

I cannot loving wait to watch a player drop dead on the field after an aneurysm blows out/they dissect all the vessels after a high force impact. I am astounded.

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

hm

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

syzpid
Aug 9, 2014

My mistake, when I was looking at the team stats I reversed Winston & Dalton. Still those pick sixes were so bad.