Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mister Bates
Aug 4, 2010
all of the major news outlets collectively deciding they were never going to mention the name Bernie Sanders ever again partway through the 2020 Dem primary, up to and including removing his bar from state polling results and lumping it in with 'Other', even when he was in the lead

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

theflyingexecutive
Apr 22, 2007

https://youtu.be/xeJrc48hHX4

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness

Mister Bates posted:

all of the major news outlets collectively deciding they were never going to mention the name Bernie Sanders ever again partway through the 2020 Dem primary, up to and including removing his bar from state polling results and lumping it in with 'Other', even when he was in the lead
oh my god that one picture was incredible, where it was like BIDEN 28% BUTTIGIEG 14% WARREN 13% OTHER 38%

does anyone have it

Mister Bates
Aug 4, 2010
while on the subject of Sanders, the following misspellings of his name received multiple write-in votes in Texas in 2020:
BENARD SANDERS
BERINE SANDERS
BERNIE SAUNDERS
BARRY SANDERS
BERNALD SANDERS
BURNIE SANDERS

Also multiple write-ins for 'COLON POWELL'

The Leck
Feb 27, 2001

projecthalaxy posted:

Howard Dean got zeroed for yelling, Dukakis for wearing a labelled helmet, but you can just do this and still be part of Centrist Voltron

and now labeled helmets are celebrated widely in cspam. he was just before his time

cenotaph
Mar 2, 2013

The Leck posted:

and now labeled helmets are celebrated widely in cspam. he was just before his time
Get with the times.

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002

cenotaph posted:

Get with the times.

god help me I actually laughed at this one

something about the implication that the birds are trying to keep up with Heathcliff's hot fashion trends or something I guess? idrk it unexpectedly hit my funny bone tho

genericnick
Dec 26, 2012

We all remember Bobby Kennedy was assassinated in June, in California.

Ardent Communist
Oct 17, 2010

ALLAH! MU'AMMAR! LIBYA WA BAS!

Son of Thunderbeast posted:

something about the implication that the birds are trying to keep up with Heathcliff's hot fashion trends or something I guess? idrk it unexpectedly hit my funny bone tho

the thing with heathcliff is it's really not funny until it is, and then it's hilarious. there are so many random diversions and recurring jokes.

cenotaph
Mar 2, 2013

Son of Thunderbeast posted:

To me, Heathcliff seems more like a minor deity or that kid that controlled the town in that twilight zone episode. I read it every day and it's running gags are kind of a commentary/meta-joke on the repetitive nature of daily comics that span decades.

SirPablo
May 1, 2004

Pillbug
Governor Jesse Ventura

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

noam chomsky dropping the n word

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

AnimeIsTrash posted:

noam chomsky dropping the n word

https://twitter.com/bitchiwas999/status/1583316143020060674

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007

all-timer

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007
"i put an H on it"

kills me every single time

ben shapino
Nov 22, 2020

he's right

Mantis42
Jul 26, 2010

genericnick posted:

We all remember Bobby Kennedy was assassinated in June, in California.

why did it take me this long to realize that Hillary was the woman in the polka dot dress

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

lol i can't believe i never saw this one before

Zvahl
Oct 14, 2005

научный кот

projecthalaxy posted:

Howard Dean got zeroed for yelling, Dukakis for wearing a labelled helmet, but you can just do this and still be part of Centrist Voltron

we joke about stacey abrams and for good reason but capturing the man in the back's expression as he realizes what he thought was serious yang thought was a weird publicity stunt really makes for good photography storytelling

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin
old man slurs at cloud

a fatguy baldspot
Aug 29, 2018

sleep with the vicious
Apr 2, 2010
The Chelsea's mom song

Spergin Morlock
Aug 8, 2009

sleep with the vicious posted:

The Chelsea's mom song

oh my god those guys were so loving annoying lol

Mr. Lobe
Feb 23, 2007

... Dry bones...

The Chelsea's mom song

I don't think I ever encountered that but I can put 2 and 2 together as to what jt was and I do not like it

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

To these sing-alongs 🎤of siren 🧜🏻‍♀️songs
To oohs😮 to ahhs😱 to 👏big👏applause👏
With all of my 😡anger I scream🤬 and shout📢
🇺🇸America🦅, I love you 🥰but you're freaking 💦me 😳out
Biscuit Hider

The Chelsea's mom song

Please don't tell me she's got it going on.

Toph Bei Fong
Feb 29, 2008

"Own a yarn shop"

Fellatio del Toro
Mar 21, 2009

dont do something you dont enjoy making a lot of money, work retail while losing money!

a fatguy baldspot
Aug 29, 2018

Toph Bei Fong posted:

"Own a yarn shop"

drat, I hate this

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

society only works when everyone owns a yarn shop

A Bakers Cousin
Dec 18, 2003

by vyelkin
Ok first we assume the average worker can produce x yards of cloth per y hours per z yards of yarn

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007
Office Space already debunked this line of reasoning a couple decades ago:

Office Space posted:

Peter Gibbons: Our high school guidance counselor used to ask us what you'd do if you had a million dollars and you didn't have to work. And invariably what you'd say was supposed to be your career. So, if you wanted to fix old cars then you're supposed to be an auto mechanic.

Samir: So what did you say?

Peter Gibbons: I never had an answer. I guess that's why I'm working at Initech.

Michael Bolton: No, you're working at Initech because that question is bullshit to begin with. If everyone listened to her, there'd be no janitors, because no one would clean poo poo up if they had a million dollars.

A Bakers Cousin
Dec 18, 2003

by vyelkin
Then for a perfectly spherical coat, how many jackets can the average factory produce seasonally

Ruffian Price
Sep 17, 2016

It doesn't take much to live comfortably. Here's my bare minimum, three things that are prohibitively expensive for most people and a cat

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

But my parents--

Forget your parents! Just get a one time investment of 2 million from them!

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin

Toph Bei Fong posted:

"Own a yarn shop"

Ok but the hospital says if I don't pay my bill they won't treat me. It's 200,000 dollars because I didn't have insurance. (to make it a mere 4k, plus they get to set a lein and take any settlement I make with the company that poisoned me)

DMCrimson
Jan 2, 2005

Nap Ghost

Toph Bei Fong posted:

"Own a yarn shop"

These motivational pictures are always made by people who didn't follow the same advice. Every single person I know who became a musician or went into tv/film with the same thought left broke and disillusioned. It doesn't make work fun, it makes you hate your passion.

And what about running a yarn shop appeals to someone who enjoys yarning as a hobby?

spacemang_spliff
Nov 29, 2014

wide pickle

Toph Bei Fong posted:

"Own a yarn shop"

I wish I had rich parents like this lady

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Biden being asked at a primary stop how many genders there were and giving the absolutely coaching free answer "at least three"

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

Pepe Silvia Browne posted:

Office Space already debunked this line of reasoning a couple decades ago:

more janitors should make a million dollars though

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007

Milo and POTUS posted:

more janitors should make a million dollars though

Oh absolutely. And there are definitely people who, maybe not LOVE, but are content with cleaning for a living and shouldn't be arbitrarily punished for it because it's been deemed a "no skills" job.