Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Should I step down as head of twitter
This poll is closed.
Yes 420 4.43%
No 69 0.73%
Goku 9001 94.85%
Total: 9490 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Roblo
Dec 10, 2007

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!
Well, let the shitshow begin.

Cant wait for him to dissapoint, well, everybody. His fans will hate that he wont do enough, everyone else will hate it as twitter gets increasingly poo poo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

Oh really? Where's my money Elon?

The Butcher
Apr 20, 2005

Well, at least we tried.
Nap Ghost

mobby_6kl posted:

Oh really? Where's my money Elon?

Elon is seen walking away with his fingers in his ears going "LA LA LA".

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

What did you say the strategy was?
So does he own twitter now? Is he going to pretend it all went to plan because lord knows he can't lose face at all?

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen
He’s going to impregnate every female employee

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

Derpmph trial star reporter!

CharlestonJew posted:

He’s going to impregnate every female employee

before or after firing them?

Yaldabaoth
Oct 9, 2012

by Azathoth

kazil posted:

before or after firing them?

He's going to impregnate them first and then fire them when they ask for maternity leave.

Machai
Feb 21, 2013

Entorwellian posted:

He took his kids to see the Pope in that orchestrated twitter post, coinciding with the others posts with Musk talking about how people need to make more white babies.

edit: lol at the two Musks on the right end of that photo.

These young boys gotta cover their crotch while near a catholic priest, never know when he will strike.

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

Nothing in the news. I think he's pretending to have bought Twitter in the hope of tricking them into dropping the lawsuit.

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
The bbc just reported the twitter posts as news.

Journalism is dead.

Scipiotik
Mar 2, 2004

"I would have won the race but for that."
Maybe he's doing one last pump and dump to show that he didn't tank the share price thus no harm.

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug

The Lone Badger posted:

Nothing in the news. I think he's pretending to have bought Twitter in the hope of tricking them into dropping the lawsuit.

It's supposedly going through Friday.

Nice Tuckpointing!
Nov 3, 2005

The Butcher posted:

Also I suspect the shed in the back is the sleeping quarters for the "help".

Old habits die hard.

If that shed was where the private investigator lived while Higgins took care of the estate while Musk was away, MAYBE I would give him a point for being cool by association. But then he would make Magnum drive a factory reject Tesla instead of a Ferrari.

Cabbages and VHS
Aug 25, 2004

Listen, I've been around a bit, you know, and I thought I'd seen some creepy things go on in the movie business, but I really have to say this is the most disgusting thing that's ever happened to me.

Roblo posted:

everyone else will hate it as twitter gets increasingly poo poo.

how will we know

BoldFace
Feb 28, 2011
Will Elon let Trump back on Twitter just in time to ruin the midterms? For which party you ask? Well...

Private Cumshoe
Feb 15, 2019

AAAAAAAGAGHAAHGGAH

goatface posted:

"Geeks" are bad.

What about dweebs :ohdear:

Zil
Jun 4, 2011

Satanically Summoned Citrus

Private Cumshoe posted:

Passable, but they are on thin ice.

KitConstantine
Jan 11, 2013

Zil posted:

Passable, but they are on thin ice.

Squares? What about squares????

Treecko
Apr 23, 2008

The Official Demon Girl
Boss of 2022!
I want to poop on him

Not in a sexual way

Even if it was I wouldn't get paid

F U Musky

Nae
Sep 3, 2020

what.

Rebel Blob posted:

He's been living in this modest $18 million mansion, owned by one of his old Paypal partners.

18 million dollars and not one spent on landscaping. Keep it classy, Elon.

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer

Private Cumshoe posted:

Not geeks. "Geeks". The "I watched a marvel tv show, I'm such a geek!" people. The ones who loving love science. People who think Elon Musk is a genius.

Real geeks/nerds/dweebs are mostly fine.

Roblo
Dec 10, 2007

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

Cabbages and Kings posted:

how will we know

Trump gets unbanned? The slight chance of getting posts deleted for bigotry disappears?

Regular Wario
Mar 27, 2010

Slippery Tilde

Cabbages and Kings posted:

how will we know

the guy that tweets about elons flights will get banned

smackfu
Jun 7, 2004

Will people actually quit Twitter like they say or will their addiction win?

dr_rat
Jun 4, 2001

smackfu posted:

Yeah, I'm pretty sure you know the answer to that.

Unless it actually starts to become unusable I doubt many people will actually leave.

...i mean elon might actually be able to gently caress twitter up enough that it does become pretty unusable.

BoldFace
Feb 28, 2011
https://twitter.com/elonmusk/status/1585619322239561728

Radio Paranoia
Jun 27, 2010

It is now safe to turn off your computer.

smackfu posted:

I'm going to casually insult musky within the bounds of the ToS daily until I get banned.

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer

smackfu posted:

I'm sure it'll be the exact same as when people swore they'd leave the US in 2016 if Trump won.

SuddenCactus posted:

the guy that tweets about elons flights will get banned

Oh for sure that dude's first against the wall

jeffreyw
Jan 20, 2013

What's the over/under on Musk having zero self control and unbanning Trump, flooding the entirety of Twitter with sewerage? The worst thing about Trump was that he was freaking everywhere even if you were looking at tweets about chinchillas or knitting.

Part of me does feel Musk would do absolutely nothing with Twitter in so much he's the type of person who would buy Twitter in hopes of getting complete control over the platform. He's exactly like the type of loser forum mod who would edit your posts just to win internet arguments out of kind benevolence because you were saying things incorrectly :angel:

Somebody fucked around with this message at 14:40 on Oct 27, 2022

mysterious frankie
Jan 11, 2009

This displeases Dev- ..van. Shut up.

Entorwellian posted:

He took his kids to see the Pope in that orchestrated twitter post, coinciding with the others posts with Musk talking about how people need to make more white babies.

edit: lol at the two Musks on the right end of that photo.

I can't tell if he's wearing a Victorian style corset, or if he did some bad Photoshop body contouring on his pic after the fact.

Also, I shall name the Musk Multiplicity Clones, starting on the left

The Pope (not a Musk clone...?)

Normal Norman Musk

Ben Musk Five

That 70s Musk

Walter "The Wad" Musk

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

What did you say the strategy was?

jeffreyw posted:

What's the over/under on Musk having zero self control and unbanning Trump, flooding the entirety of Twitter with sewerage? The worst thing about Trump was that he was freaking everywhere even if you were looking at tweets about chinchillas or knitting.

Part of me does feel Musk would do absolutely nothing with Twitter in so much he's the type of person who would buy Twitter in hopes of getting complete control over the platform. He's exactly like the type of loser forum mod who would edit your posts just to win internet arguments out of kind benevolence because you were saying things incorrectly :angel:

0.5 unbans probably

Almost Smart
Sep 14, 2001

so your telling me you wasn't drunk or fucked up in anyway. when you had sex with me and that monkey

Lol

$47 billion to gain access to his ex’s DMs.

sugar free jazz
Mar 5, 2008

rest in piss Twitter you really sucked rear end

External Organs
Mar 3, 2006

One time i prank called a bear buildin workshop and said I wanted my mamaws ashes put in a teddy from where she loved them things so well... The woman on the phone did not skip a beat. She just said, "Brang her on down here. We've did it before."
But now what will I read exclusively via something awful forum post embeds :corsair:

boar guy
Jan 25, 2007

im working in internet marketing since 2007 and i don't know of anyone, anywhere, ever, that has ever spent dime one on twitter advertising so im not sure who muskie is writing that to

bobjr
Oct 16, 2012

Roose is loose.
🐓🐓🐓✊🪧

This is the same person who thinks enough people will pay for a Twitter subscription to double revenue in like 2 years

Serious_Cyclone
Oct 25, 2017

I appreciate your patience, this is a tricky maneuver
https://twitter.com/OccupyDemocrats/status/1585350115736571904?s=20&t=8ek3UEZwkZ6qDZmuzDcw8A

Occupy Democrats wants you to know that everyone is talking about this new social media platform that just happens to be run by Occupy Democrats

Harminoff
Oct 24, 2005

👽

Lol he gonna get sued day 1 for calling himself chief twit

ohhyeah
Mar 24, 2016
I’m back in the it’s not happening camp. I think he’s floundering because he can’t get all the money.

Really it’s a vote for more drama because I think Musk owning Twitter will end up pretty boring and uneventful.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sentient Data
Aug 31, 2011

My molecule scrambler ray will disintegrate your armor with one blow!
So has anyone at Twitter confirmed anything? Without a press statement from their C suite or legal team, this all reads as 100% bullshit