Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

the black crowes made some really boring poo poo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

yeah I eat ass
Mar 14, 2005

only people who enjoy my posting can replace this avatar

a.p. dent posted:

my opinion is that all fireworks should be banned because they make my dogs sad. and they're dangerous, but that's secondary

The danger is part of the appeal, but I agree they shouldn't be used if you have close by neighbors with pets. There's just something inherently fun about being (responsibly) stupid with explosives and fire.

thetoughestbean
Apr 27, 2013

Keep On Shroomin

yeah I eat rear end posted:

The danger is part of the appeal, but I agree they shouldn't be used if you have close by neighbors with pets. There's just something inherently fun about being (responsibly) stupid with explosives and fire.

But people with pets are drat near everywhere. The only way to not bother people’s pets is to use fireworks far away from residential areas

yeah I eat ass
Mar 14, 2005

thetoughestbean posted:

But people with pets are drat near everywhere. The only way to not bother people’s pets is to use fireworks far away from residential areas

which is the ideal place to live.

Yngwie Mangosteen
Aug 23, 2007

thetoughestbean posted:

maybe we *should* only fire rockets into the air to create explosions in non-residential areas, possibly even areas with good safety standards for such things

thetoughestbean
Apr 27, 2013

Keep On Shroomin

Captain Monkey posted:

maybe we *should* only fire rockets into the air to create explosions in non-residential areas, possibly even areas with good safety standards for such things

I agree with that but it’s drat near unenforceable.

Collapsing Farts
Jun 29, 2018

💀
Get earpuffs for ye pets

Aramek
Dec 22, 2007

Cutest tumor in all of Oncology!
My dog (rip) was absolutely terrified of storms and fireworks and every year I would try really hard not to laugh at him.

https://youtu.be/NitSniGeRHo

:kimchi:

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

Sometime in the past few years we reached the peak of technological progress, and we are now on the downturn. Technology, especially consumer technology, is going to to continue to get steadily worse for the foreseeable future.

Shibawanko
Feb 13, 2013

i cant take men with beards seriously

Aramek
Dec 22, 2007

You should treat them seriously they are dangerous and will attack you if you turn your back.

Robobot
Aug 21, 2018
A smooth face is that of a man you can trust. The bearded man could be hiding anything under there.

Do not trust the bearded man.

thetoughestbean
Apr 27, 2013

Keep On Shroomin
There’s a reason they’re called barbarians

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

To these sing-alongs 🎤of siren 🧜🏻‍♀️songs
To oohs😮 to ahhs😱 to 👏big👏applause👏
With all of my 😡anger I scream🤬 and shout📢
🇺🇸America🦅, I love you 🥰but you're freaking 💦me 😳out
Biscuit Hider
Never trust a smoothskin

Nameless Pete
May 8, 2007

Get a load of those...

thetoughestbean posted:

There’s a reason they’re called barbarians

Not to dump on your joke, but the real reason they're called barbarians is also kinda funny. The ancient Greeks would go "bar bar bar bar bar" when they tried to make fun of how foreigners talked. So it's like we're all still going "Ching-Chong" or "dirka dirka" millennia later.

Manager Hoyden
Mar 5, 2020

Elon Musk owning and subsequently destroying Twitter will do more for the mental health of the world than every targeted public investment made since the dawn of human society combined

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

Manager Hoyden posted:

Elon Musk owning and subsequently destroying Twitter will do more for the mental health of the world than every targeted public investment made since the dawn of human society combined

Yep. The fact that he only fired a few peeps at the top instead of walking in and telling everyone to grab a cardboard box and get out is his greatest failing as a human being.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

America went down the wrong path when they stopped putting Mos Def in movies.

credburn
Jun 22, 2016
President, Founder of the Brent Spiner Fan Club
Cursive is a great asset to writing by hand but it should not be taught in schools. Nobody bothers to fuckin be all that fancy with cursive; real-world cursive is drawing one clear letter and then a squiggly line approximating the length of the word. Put some dots and crosses there to indicate various letters and you have perfectly readable words.

e: wrong thread but it fits here

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

I haven't dotted poo poo in years, cursive or print

yeah I eat ass
Mar 14, 2005

The worst is cursive done using a mouse for digital signature. I had to sign my name that way like 10 times for new hire paperwork and it just looks like scribbling. I don't know why but my signature always ends up tilting down at a 45 degree angle no matter how hard I try to make my hand not do that with mouse signatures.

docbeard
Jul 19, 2011

yeah I eat rear end posted:

The worst is cursive done using a mouse for digital signature. I had to sign my name that way like 10 times for new hire paperwork and it just looks like scribbling. I don't know why but my signature always ends up tilting down at a 45 degree angle no matter how hard I try to make my hand not do that with mouse signatures.

Oh god, my actual handwriting is atrocious but me trying to draw a signature with a mouse is basically an art crime against God and Man.

Shibawanko
Feb 13, 2013

"potstickers" is a dumb name. it sounds like a word a 5 year old invented for something

Aramek
Dec 22, 2007

None for you then, more for me.

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
I literally just squiggle some lines for my cursive name

It's most likely completely unreadable to any human but it has not mattered

thetoughestbean
Apr 27, 2013

Keep On Shroomin

Shibawanko posted:

"potstickers" is a dumb name. it sounds like a word a 5 year old invented for something

Especially when they’re just gyoza

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

Werewolves of London is the best song based on one of the Universal Monsters(vampire, werewolf, mummy, Frankenstein, invisible man, fishman)

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

What's it's competition, Vamp Anthem?

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Isn't That Right, Chairman?

The Monster Mash?

Are there other songs in this category I've somehow not known about because if so I would love to hear them.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

Gaius Marius posted:

I don’t know that one

Vandar posted:

The Monster Mash?

Are there other songs in this category I've somehow not known about because if so I would love to hear them.

The Monster Mash doesn’t count.

credburn
Jun 22, 2016
President, Founder of the Brent Spiner Fan Club
Dragula?

It's about a car from a show parodying Universal monsters.

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

Bela Lugosi's Dead is the real winner

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

credburn posted:

Dragula?

It's about a car

Answered your own question

Gaius Marius posted:

Bela Lugosi's Dead is the real winner

About an actor, not a monster.

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Isn't That Right, Chairman?

credburn posted:

Dragula?

It's about a car from a show parodying Universal monsters.

Being reminded of Dragula just reminds me how bad Rob Zombie hosed up his Munsters movie. It hurts so much. :negative:

The Mighty Moltres
Dec 21, 2012

Come! We must fly!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=65XSHM3jlAY

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Your life and your quest end here.

There is no good reason to ever buy black pepper. White pepper is just the better version of the same thing.

2nd Amendment
Jun 9, 2022

by Pragmatica
Tila Tequa is the most recent incarnation of Avalokiteśvara/Guan Yin. Her "meth overdose" was in fact the Johnson family imprisoning her true self in cyberspace. The current Tila Tequila is an Averill Lavigne -esque fake. The real guan yin manifests herself occasionally through ai.

Elissimpark
May 20, 2010

Bring me the head of Auguste Escoffier.

Gaius Marius posted:

Total Eclipse of the Heart

Aramek
Dec 22, 2007

Tiggum posted:

There is no good reason to ever buy black pepper. White pepper is just the better version of the same thing.

It tastes and smells like a fart though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Manager Hoyden
Mar 5, 2020

Black pepper was desirable in the past because it is good at covering the taste of turned meat. Rich people loved it because they could pretend they weren't eating the same unrefrigerated, half-rotten meat as the peasants

I like it on cream-based soups though