Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

YoshiOfYellow
Aug 21, 2015

Voted #1 Babysitter in Mushroom Kingdom

The concept of JQ wanting to be an all-in berserker and just healing over the incoming damage from her wounds is rad (and very FFXIV Warrior flavored) but the wound healing is so terribly undertuned that it just doesn't work. It feels like they got really timid at making the self-healing too powerful.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pattonesque
Jul 15, 2004
johnny jesus and the infield fly rule

YoshiOfYellow posted:

The concept of JQ wanting to be an all-in berserker and just healing over the incoming damage from her wounds is rad (and very FFXIV Warrior flavored) but the wound healing is so terribly undertuned that it just doesn't work. It feels like they got really timid at making the self-healing too powerful.

yeah like if JQ is really up front swangin and bangin it should feel like ... a zen orb or the like

BrianBoitano
Nov 15, 2006

this is fine

Same as doomfist tbh, but at least he can CC

headcase
Sep 28, 2001

I ended up getting her golden gun, even though I can't see playing her right now. The bowie knife and axe looks so good. I'm sure she' have her moment to shine in a few balance patches.

Nutsak
Jul 21, 2005
All balls.

dogstile posted:

Yeah i'm regularly beating both my DPS in damage as Zen by doing nothing but firing volleys at corners and tanks (While my team screams that i'm not healing them while the orb is literally loving attached to them)

Zarya is even easier to do more damage than dps because she actually gets to just trade damage. It's actually how she's supposed to work, dps can't do that, they'll just die.

------------------

On a separate note, me and a friend went into the training mode last night to see why the game felt like it was hitting us round corners. Projectile sizes right now are loving gigantic. Go play as mercy and fire at the tracer model with your gun, see how far away you can aim from her head and still get a headshot. Same with hanzo arrow, mei right click, soldier rockets, etc. Everything has an invisible forcefield around it and if it touches you, you get hit, even if the projectile was clearly going to miss the model.

https://imgur.com/a/igFdkCz

Default imgur link because i can never remember how to get timg to work.

I think there's something wrong with some of the hitboxes because this isn't just projectiles.

That's a headshot. You can also body shot her through the legs.

Kiriko, as has been noted before, is more difficult to headshot because her giant hands sit in front of her face and the hand hitbox blocks her head.

I don't expect skin tight hitboxes, but I do expect consistent behaviour across the characters and there is clearly things wrong.

black.lion
Apr 1, 2004

For if he like a madman lived,
At least he like a wise one died.

killing widow as kiriko is the most ow fun ive had in awhile

her voicelines for widow hs kills are cringey and amazing

"i thought you were the sniper"

"you need a scope to do that?"

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

Nutsak posted:

I think there's something wrong with some of the hitboxes because this isn't just projectiles.

my guess is that they scaled up the hitboxes as a balance lever to compensate for the removal of stuns, since trying to hit tracer with a headshot with an accurate hitbox would be, to put it mildly, challenging

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

YoshiOfYellow posted:

Yeah increase her healing from wounds or make commanding shout give permanent health to her and temporary to allies. So she's rewarded for being aggressive and can stick around in fights longer.

Pattonesque
Jul 15, 2004

Codependent Poster posted:

Yeah increase her healing from wounds or make commanding shout give permanent health to her and temporary to allies. So she's rewarded for being aggressive and can stick around in fights longer.

yeah ideally JQ should be rewarded for being hella in the thick of things. as it is her abilities do reward that but not enough to keep her alive without a lot of investment

well why not
Feb 10, 2009

Have they increased how much the voicelines happen? DVA literally never shuts up and it's turned the corner from annoying to actualy making me laugh as she spouts twitch/esports garbage constantly. If so, good improvement.

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

That was pretty intense, huh?

Went 7-0 in my latest batch of comp matches just duo queue with my bro. Went Gold 4 to Gold 2 on support, my brother went Gold 2 to Plat 5. Just a reminder he started in Bronze 5, and even deranked at one point. Y'all can climb if he can.

novaSphere
Jan 25, 2003

I often feel like if I had been able to hang on for *just* another second or two, I could potentially save myself with commanding shout. I would also really like to see her unique passive buffed instead of touching commanding shout, though.

That said, the biggest buff they could give JQ is nerfing Zarya

BrianBoitano
Nov 15, 2006

this is fine

Vermain posted:

my guess is that they scaled up the hitboxes as a balance lever to compensate for the removal of stuns, since trying to hit tracer with a headshot with an accurate hitbox would be, to put it mildly, challenging

They should scale up the model to match the balanced hitboxes :mad:

Actually someone good at computers please do this

Red Red Blue
Feb 11, 2007

well why not posted:

Have they increased how much the voicelines happen? DVA literally never shuts up and it's turned the corner from annoying to actualy making me laugh as she spouts twitch/esports garbage constantly. If so, good improvement.

i wanna hear dva say "poggers"

Teriyaki Koinku
Nov 25, 2008

Bread! Bread! Bread!

Bread! BREAD! BREAD!

Why does a cosmetic bundle pack need fine print? 🤔

Because it's a scam. :ssh:

well why not
Feb 10, 2009

The level up system is so cutthroat it’s pretty shocking. $15+ worth of carnival tokens for a skin is lunacy. I would consider it for an entire hero, but really skins are priced about 10x what I would pay.

Cowslips Warren
Oct 29, 2005

What use had they for tricks and cunning, living in the enemy's warren and paying his price?

Grimey Drawer
They legit got us missing loot boxes.

You know it's going to be an interesting match when your healers are doing as much damage as your tank.

Bleck
Jan 7, 2014

No matter how one loves, there are always different aims. Love can take a great many forms, whatever the era.

Red Red Blue posted:

She already has a "cringe" line, I say it's only a matter of time.

BabyRyoga
May 21, 2001

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021

Teriyaki Koinku posted:

Why does a cosmetic bundle pack need fine print? 🤔

Because it's a scam. :ssh:

Trying to cover legal bases. Bundling items like this is illegal in many countries, so they try to put as much fine print as they can so they can argue a defense when the laws catch up with them.

Strong Sauce
Jul 2, 2003

You know I am not really your father.

Red Red Blue posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1pUzExghir0

Pattonesque
Jul 15, 2004
"OK guys there's a guy on the other team who has gotten eight headshots in a row as widow, play cover to deny him angles"

"got it"

*immediately yolos out of cover and gets headshot by discount shroud*

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

Pattonesque posted:

"OK guys there's a guy on the other team who has gotten eight headshots in a row as widow, play cover to deny him angles"

"got it"

*immediately yolos out of cover and gets headshot by discount shroud*

a critical understanding to come to in any multiplayer title is that any strategy more complex than, like, "come here" or "let's attack" has maybe a 20% chance of being followed outside of the absolute highest ranks, and it thus becomes incumbent on you to find a way to counter without much coordination

sometimes your team is gonna start getting frustrated and playing even worse if they're being own zoned by a superstar, and figuring out ways to put them out of commission can give your team time to breathe and regain their composure. even if you're a poo poo genji, wriggling into the backline and playing shuriken missing simulator 2022 with widow while the rest of your team does their thing can often be more effective than trying to be a battlefield commander to people who just need a 4v4 that they might have a chance of winning

abigserve
Sep 13, 2009

this is a better avatar than what I had before

Vermain posted:

a critical understanding to come to in any multiplayer title is that any strategy more complex than, like, "come here" or "let's attack" has maybe a 20% chance of being followed outside of the absolute highest ranks, and it thus becomes incumbent on you to find a way to counter without much coordination

sometimes your team is gonna start getting frustrated and playing even worse if they're being own zoned by a superstar, and figuring out ways to put them out of commission can give your team time to breathe and regain their composure. even if you're a poo poo genji, wriggling into the backline and playing shuriken missing simulator 2022 with widow while the rest of your team does their thing can often be more effective than trying to be a battlefield commander to people who just need a 4v4 that they might have a chance of winning

but that doesn't translate to high damage numbers on the scoreboard therefore this strategy is terrible

Issaries
Sep 15, 2008

"At the end of the day
We are all human beings
My father once told me that
The world has no borders"

abigserve posted:

but that doesn't translate to high damage numbers on the scoreboard therefore this strategy is terrible

You get best damage numbers by Hanjoing to bronze 5. Just deal damage, never cap.

well why not
Feb 10, 2009

Red Red Blue posted:

she says "now you're just feeding :eyeroll:" so it's just a matter of time before she uses the p-word

Delsaber
Oct 1, 2013

This may or may not be correct.

By the time of Overwatch's 2070s or whenever all the people who used the p-word will have been booted off the planet

bagrada
Aug 4, 2007

The Demogorgon is tired of your silly human bickering!

Mystery Heroes (or quickplay) question as some of these chars are still new to me. What's the plan to deal with Bob when he shows up? Like if he gets dropped on the backline while 6 tanks are having a pillow fight on the objective.

Issaries
Sep 15, 2008

"At the end of the day
We are all human beings
My father once told me that
The world has no borders"

Either whole team kills it quick or just break line of sight.
If you have any knocback ability that can move it behind a corner, that works too.

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

GET LOSE❌🗺️, YOUS CAN'T COMPARE😤 WITH ME 💪POWERS🇦🇺
Rein charge it off a cliff

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

GET LOSE❌🗺️, YOUS CAN'T COMPARE😤 WITH ME 💪POWERS🇦🇺
I know rein isnt quite meta atm but youve gotta admit the ability to cancel charge was a huge buff on any map with an objective near an environmental kill area

Hargrimm
Sep 22, 2011

W A R R E N
I believe BOBs health was reduced for OW2 since there is 1 less person to shut him down, so he now dies surprisingly quick if even a couple people bother to focus him. Especially since he stands still for infinite headshots

Gravitas Shortfall
Jul 17, 2007

Utility is seven-eighths Proximity.

I can't tell if the stats tweaks for OW2 have made the Junkenstein modes a harder, or if it's just new players who don't know hot to deal with things, but man this year the Junkenstein modes are a lot harder to complete.

Teriyaki Koinku
Nov 25, 2008

Bread! Bread! Bread!

Bread! BREAD! BREAD!

BabyRyoga posted:

Trying to cover legal bases. Bundling items like this is illegal in many countries, so they try to put as much fine print as they can so they can argue a defense when the laws catch up with them.

I know that, but it doesn't make it any less shady and scummy.

dogstile
May 1, 2012

fucking clocks
how do they work?

Jezza of OZPOS posted:

I know rein isnt quite meta atm but youve gotta admit the ability to cancel charge was a huge buff on any map with an objective near an environmental kill area

I'm angrily grumbling that we used to have to learn how to do that from specific spots and that kids these days don't appreciate what they've got.

faantastic
Dec 31, 2006

that dude.

Gravitas Shortfall posted:

I can't tell if the stats tweaks for OW2 have made the Junkenstein modes a harder, or if it's just new players who don't know hot to deal with things, but man this year the Junkenstein modes are a lot harder to complete.

I think the explody bots hit harder than you would expect, two popping near you will kill you. Sigma has to be kited by whoever he's focused. I want to say they'll tone it down a bit on normal difficulty but it took them 3 weeks to put Bastion/Torb back so maybe next year.

Last night had a game where a 3 stack on my team that was playing purely to farm challenges, meaning we got stomped out incredibly quick and they spent the entire game asking why no one would help them. I'm not sure how I was naive enough to not see this coming but it was a shock and I guess I'll avoid playing QP unless its with a full team or something.

SadisTech
Jun 26, 2013

Clem.
Bastion is making QP miserable because there's one on every team and they're either completely useless and a liability or getting all the resources thrown behind them to push a stomp. It's a character that simply shouldn't exist in unorganised gameplay. Or at all.

BabyRyoga
May 21, 2001

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021

SadisTech posted:

Bastion is making QP miserable because there's one on every team and they're either completely useless and a liability or getting all the resources thrown behind them to push a stomp. It's a character that simply shouldn't exist in unorganised gameplay. Or at all.

He's probably the worst character in the game, so not sure what to tell you. Use cover more? Learn to roughly keep track of when his CDs are up.

The game itself probably shouldn't exist in unorganized gameplay, if we are going that route. There are way worse things to be worrying about as far as teamplay goes than the way one pretty weakly balanced hero plays.

comedyblissoption
Mar 15, 2006

bastion is a character like widow where if every member of your team doesn't respect what they can do and plays cover you'll get owned lol

bastion is probably a total menace until you hit a certain ranking

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
quickplay should be 12 v 12

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kaleedity
Feb 27, 2016

dogstile posted:

I'm angrily grumbling that we used to have to learn how to do that from specific spots and that kids these days don't appreciate what they've got.

The cancel's so loving good just to reposition. You recover from it so fast! it's great!

Shame that Zarya's overtuned.