Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

I don't know his name but it was funny seeing one of Draco Malfoy's goon friends as a prison guard when they first arrived. The one that Harry polyjuiced as.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

What were the prisoners assembling exactly? It looked like maybe needed part for an engine, maybe for Tie Fighters?

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

K92 power inversion harnesses.

mllaneza
Apr 28, 2007

Veteran, Bermuda Triangle Expeditionary Force, 1993-1952

a sexual elk posted:

Alphabet Squadron, really gritty, great characterizations.

Yeah, that's a great set of books. Compelling characters, good plot, and space battles that I see as X-Wing or TIE Fighter missions, it's bloody obvious that the author played as much of those games as I did. I would have been so happy is SW:Squadrons had gotten a single-player DLC based on Alphabet Squadron. As it is, Squadrons is one of the premier VR experiences, if you have a headset you need to get on that.

Kingtheninja
Jul 29, 2004

"You're the best looking guy here."
I'll also say the star wars battlefront book that came out around 2015 was really solid. I'd love to see a show like that, beat up rebel squad going from planet to planet with limited resources.

a sexual elk
May 16, 2007

Kingtheninja posted:

I'll also say the star wars battlefront book that came out around 2015 was really solid. I'd love to see a show like that, beat up rebel squad going from planet to planet with limited resources.

Battlefront: Twilight Company and Alphabet squadron have the same author Alexander Freed, he also wrote the novelization of Rogue One

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

Do we know yet why the Empire knew who Bix was? Was it because of the man that they had interrogated before her? That was unclear to me.

Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

Maybe this guy that flies is just sort of passing through, you know?

FlamingLiberal posted:

Do we know yet why the Empire knew who Bix was? Was it because of the man that they had interrogated before her? That was unclear to me.

He ran the shop that had the subspace radio she used to call Luthen. Presumably they intercepted the transmission and triangulated its source.

2house2fly
Nov 14, 2012

You did a super job wrapping things up! And I'm not just saying that because I have to!
I like the idea that there are still separatists, Palpatine didn't just flip a switch and turn the whole faction off when he didn't need them any more. Maybe a Techno Union guy could show up, one of those dudes who has to twiddle a little dial on his chest to talk

chrome line
Oct 13, 2022
i just kind of assumed they were interrogating everyone who had any kind of connection to andor and she just happened to be next

CubanMissile
Apr 22, 2003

Of Hulks and Spider-Men

boo boo bear posted:

mister mothma has done more to protect the rebellion than any character in the show and it's completely irrelevant to him.

In my headcanon he’s Ron Mothma.

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"

CubanMissile posted:

In my headcanon he’s Ron Mothma.

Mothmonsterman

Kaedric
Sep 5, 2000

chrome line posted:

i just kind of assumed they were interrogating everyone who had any kind of connection to andor and she just happened to be next

It's pretty clear from the ISB meeting where Meera specifically asks for permission to use scanners/radio intercept devices, and then shop owner guy saying 'heyyy maybe not a good idea to use the radio right now' to immediately cutting to them raiding his place the same night she sent a broadcast that it was due to using the radio.

They picked up Bix because they tortured her name out of shop owner.

chrome line
Oct 13, 2022
i feel like they probably would have gotten around to interrogating her anyways, but you're right now that i actually think about it.

Rougey
Oct 24, 2013

Cheesus posted:

Here's a complaint about Andor: Where are the non-humans?

I think it's smart to use them in the background as we've seen on Coruscant and Space Lauderdale. Even if I didn't have 30 years of the WEG-lore in my head I can buy from the show that "only humans are allowed to work in the Empire". Due what I perceive to be the expense, I understand not including a CGI or suited main character, however I was kind of taken out of the show when the prison is shown comprised completely of humans. Stark contrast to the first Dooku/Qui-Gon Ginn Tales of the Jedi episode which shows a pretty blended environment that was always "standard" in Lucas productions.

If one of the panning shots of the other tubeways showed solid aliens (all rodians here, all twi'liks there), that would have sold me on "the Empire is segregating by race" instead of "they only enslave humans".

The aliens go straight to the gas chambers.

Vinylshadow
Mar 20, 2017

What do you think the food paste is made of

Neo Rasa
Mar 8, 2007
Everyone should play DUKE games.

:dukedog:
I still can't believe how little action is in this Star Wars show and how much it just fuckin' rules anyway. I wish Obi-Wan got this level of care put into its script.

The writing keeps impressing me it's amazing how much insight we organically get about so many of the side characters with just a few lines.

Vinylshadow posted:

What do you think the food paste is made of

This episode was so good with establishing the fuckedupness of the prison if they had actually said that towards the end of the episode I don't think it would have even been out of place.

When they first brought the prisoners in and were talking about how they're able to confront them unarmed I assumed the reason was going to be like some kind of ANTI-gravity to disorient them, since the show placed them right by the open bay I figured the danger was going to be if you gently caress around you get flushed out or banged around. The crushing level of gravity really caught me by surprise and I appreciate how casually brutal they have the empire be with this stuff.

Also gently caress yes we get some more Saw lol. I wasn't following news about the show so I assumed that character was going to show up at some point but I figured not til season 2 towards the end.

On the one hand the aliens in Star Wars are cool, on the other they don't outright say the empire is human supremacist like in prior Star Wars stuff but I just figured the smaller amount of aliens we see was done with that intention since we're generally seeing planets that are all in various stages of corporate/empire control or otherwise in the middle of getting cracked down on. Like beach planet probably had the most that was assumed to be a safer place to be at first.

Kaedric
Sep 5, 2000

chrome line posted:

i feel like they probably would have gotten around to interrogating her anyways, but you're right now that i actually think about it.

I agree and I'm a little surprised they didn't have someone posted up on his mom's house. They just kinda... left her alone?

Kaedric
Sep 5, 2000

Neo Rasa posted:

When they first brought the prisoners in and were talking about how they're able to confront them unarmed I assumed the reason was going to be like some kind of ANTI-gravity to disorient them, since the show placed them right by the open bay I figured the danger was going to be if you gently caress around you get flushed out or banged around. The crushing level of gravity really caught me by surprise and I appreciate how casually brutal they have the empire be with this stuff.

Wait, I thought they were being shocked/tased by the floor (hence bare feet), not smooshed

Thundercracker
Jun 25, 2004

Proudly serving the Ruinous Powers since as a veteran of the long war.
College Slice
Godddaaaamn this show delivers week after week. loving star wars reeling me back in.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Kaedric posted:

Wait, I thought they were being shocked/tased by the floor (hence bare feet), not smooshed

Yeah, the guy said it was Level 1 of 3 (in terms of pain/current) and if they behaved then that one demonstration would just be an unpleasant memory.

Turin Turambar
Jun 5, 2011

Jerusalem posted:

Yeah, the guy said it was Level 1 of 3 (in terms of pain/current) and if they behaved then that one demonstration would just be an unpleasant memory.

Even more, the series shows well how the guards are protected by some sick sneakers. Which made me lol, here we have Imperial officers from Star Wars with some Nikes or whatever.

a shitty king
Mar 26, 2010

Jerusalem posted:

Yeah they are being shocked. They keep referring to it as being 'fried'.

Dingleberry2
Jul 23, 2001

If this was Obi-Wan then Andor's sister would for sure be Bix, because of course she would.

The sister is dead, Marva has always known it, and letting Andor know the truth was her parting gift to him. Trying to force the sister into the storyline is as bad as trying to say Luthen is a Jedi because he carries a fancy cane around.

I am curious though why space Bin Laden (Saw) is allowed to know Luthen's name? It seems like you'd be more worried about a guy who is presumably on the ISB's most wanted list knowing your identity than a random mercenary.

I do think that lends itself to thinking that Luthen has some kind of ISB source, so he's stressing because he does know Andor is on their radar and now he is as well by extension.

I'm assuming Syril is about to go and immediately submit a 7th query to see who he gets to talk to next?

And I think they're building giant K'nex to piece together the Death Star. Even though by this point it should be like 95% finished.

Zebulon
Aug 20, 2005

Oh god why does it burn?!

Dingleberry2 posted:

I am curious though why space Bin Laden (Saw) is allowed to know Luthen's name? It seems like you'd be more worried about a guy who is presumably on the ISB's most wanted list knowing your identity than a random mercenary.

Saw is a hardcore fanatic, he wouldn't tell the Empire jack poo poo. Luthen clearly knows him well enough to know that.

Shoehead
Sep 28, 2005

Wassup, Choom?
Ya need sumthin'?
No one is ever going to take Saw alive

Necrothatcher
Mar 26, 2005

On the good idea/bad idea scale, where does watching one episode of The Clone Wars each day come in?

I haven't seen a single minute of it, but I quite liked Tales of the Jedi.

WhiskeyWhiskers
Oct 14, 2013

"هذا ليس عادلاً."
"هذا ليس عادلاً على الإطلاق."
"كان هناك وقت الآن."
(السياق الخفي: للقراءة)

mllaneza posted:

Saw is the anarchist.

Neither are anarchists, Luthen was just talking poo poo about Saw's supposed clarity of purpose. He was saying Saw doesn't have any clear goal beyond causing chaos. Which is why Saw then turns it around on Luthen, who also doesn't have/won't reveal his thinking.

Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

"Everyone's entitled to their point of view, but that's seriously a weird one."

Necrothatcher posted:

On the good idea/bad idea scale, where does watching one episode of The Clone Wars each day come in?
It's not the worst way to watch it. The show is broken up into multi-episode stories but it does try and make each episode tell a complete arc. The movie is the first few episodes of the show crammed together. It's not great but it's no worse than a lot of other early episodes and is plot relevant.

Tales of the Jedi is pretty representative of the later seasons in terms of quality.

Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

Dingleberry2 posted:

If this was Obi-Wan then Andor's sister would for sure be Bix, because of course she would.

uhhhhhh I think you mean if this was Game of Thrones.

Dr.Radical
Apr 3, 2011
Newest ep was good of course but I’m still thinking about that loving maddening conversation between the beachtrooper and Andor.

“You’re part of it all”

Bam. 6 years. What the gently caress. The first ACAB Star Wars. Love it

Cheesus
Oct 17, 2002

Let us retract the foreskin of ignorance and apply the wirebrush of enlightenment.
Yam Slacker

Doctor Spaceman posted:

Tales of the Jedi is pretty representative of the later seasons in terms of quality.
Also Bad Batch.

I still have not watch every episode of CW (or Rebels) but making it through maybe a third then watching the final season, especially the finale has an amazing payoff if you are able in invest with any of the CW-specific characters.

I think you'll feel similarly if you hold off on the Bad Batch, at least if you can get through CW season 7. The BB S1 finale has a similar payoff if you've made it through a reasonable number of CW episodes and most of the season answers the question "What happens the day after Revenge of the Sith?"

Cheesus fucked around with this message at 13:31 on Oct 27, 2022

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

This show is definitely up there in terms of depicting soul crushing prisons

Neo Rasa
Mar 8, 2007
Everyone should play DUKE games.

:dukedog:

Jerusalem posted:

Yeah I hosed up, just going by how the first time made it seem like they were pulled down instead of shocked to me with the level being how forceful it is. I took the boots to be for that and not insulation.

Dingleberry2 posted:

I'm assuming Syril is about to go and immediately submit a 7th query to see who he gets to talk to next?

With all the things this show has touched on I could see him going the mass shooter route when whatever he tries next also fails.

Neo Rasa fucked around with this message at 13:48 on Oct 27, 2022

Thundercracker
Jun 25, 2004

Proudly serving the Ruinous Powers since as a veteran of the long war.
College Slice
He's gonna end up at Bench 6 and the show will turn into Disney sports rivalry show.

Blackchamber
Jan 25, 2005

Neo Rasa posted:

With all the things this show has touched on I could see him going the mass shooter route when whatever he tries next also fails.

Yeah, I laughed at his pitch to be an ISB 'asset' based on how fast he found Andor. You had one good description and that wouldn't have been enough if it hadn't been for a jealous dick calling up the tip line and ratting him out. And I'm sure the ISB has both on file already now.

Wonder what he's going to do now. File the report and become Keef's cellie.

Cinta is still best rebel.

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

I did appreciate that the biggest tryhard of them all was slapped down by the other biggest tryhard on the show

Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

Something has to pull him back into the plot proper one way or the other. I really think someone has to find the his serial numbered gat.

The case Crime Case Andor left on Naimos is just a Loot Box of hitherto unfired chekov's guns.

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

I would imagine he eventually is going to get back to that case

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sash!
Mar 16, 2001

Blackchamber posted:

Yeah, I laughed at his pitch to be an ISB 'asset' based on how fast he found Andor. You had one good description and that wouldn't have been enough if it hadn't been for a jealous dick calling up the tip line and ratting him out. And I'm sure the ISB has both on file already now.

His logic was hilarious

He literally says "I work at Heathrow as a customs agent and I saw Alexander Petrov walk by, ergo I should work for MI5."

Pretty sure these are different skillsets bud.