Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ad by Khad
Jul 25, 2007

Human Garbage
Watch me try to laugh this title off like the dickbag I am.

I also hang out with racists.
a public ledger where the mods got rid of you last time by blanking out your posts

easiest 51% attack i ever did see

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tango alpha delta
Sep 9, 2011

Ask me about my wealthy lifestyle and passive income! I love bragging about my wealth to my lessers! My opinions are more valid because I have more money than you! Stealing the fruits of the labor of the working class is okay, so long as you don't do it using crypto. More money = better than!
oh, hey seraph84 is posting again. i'm pleased i was able to get under your skin. I'll treasure the custom title you spent money on for me for ever and ever!

tango alpha delta fucked around with this message at 07:31 on Oct 27, 2022

Rexxed
May 1, 2010

Dis is amazing!
I gotta try dis!

I laughed at the second account with almost the same name purchased two days after the first account, and then a custom avatar that's a fake probe so it won't get hammered right away, I guess? You didn't do the avatar right, though, so it's really obvious.

Papa Was A Video Toaster
Jan 9, 2011

Nobel Prize for ban evasion

Hodl my dognl
Oct 27, 2022

by Pragmatica

tango alpha delta posted:

oh, hey seraph84 is posting again. i'm pleased i was able to get under your skin. I'll treasure the custom title you spent money on for me for ever and ever!
You pretend to hate me but its obvious to everyone you're obsessed with me.

You = https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WqSTXuJeTks

I'm Britney.

Hodl my dognl
Oct 27, 2022

by Pragmatica
Being a goon celeb is so loving fun. Ya'll should try it.

Oh wait, you're not interesting enough.

GOTTEM!

Hodl my dognl
Oct 27, 2022

by Pragmatica
gently caress i forgot to namaste

my bad guys

syntaxfunction
Oct 27, 2010
So after the jump bitcoin is down 57% again today. This is a stable not-money, I see.

Edit: Not 57% lol, I didn't read chart right. But I thought it went to the moon again but it's still around USD$20k?

Hodl my dognl
Oct 27, 2022

by Pragmatica

syntaxfunction posted:

So after the jump bitcoin is down 57% again today. This is a stable not-money, I see.

Edit: Not 57% lol, I didn't read chart right. But I thought it went to the moon again but it's still around USD$20k?
20k is the moon. remember there are plenty of people who bought in at pennies or one dollar, or $15 / each

we're going for the center of the universe

syntaxfunction
Oct 27, 2010

Hodl my dognl posted:

20k is the moon. remember there are plenty of people who bought in at pennies or one dollar, or $15 / each

Wasn't it way higher before tho? Or did the moon sink? What's going on there? $20k doesn't sound as high as $65k but numbers are weird in cryptoworld.

Hodl my dognl
Oct 27, 2022

by Pragmatica

syntaxfunction posted:

Wasn't it way higher before tho? Or did the moon sink? What's going on there? $20k doesn't sound as high as $65k but numbers are weird in cryptoworld.
20k = moon
60k = Mercury
100k = Jupiter
250k = the sun
500k = galactic singularity
1 mil = universal singularity

syntaxfunction
Oct 27, 2010
Doesn't that mean Bitcoin is getting worse? Number go down mean worse?

The Bible
May 8, 2010

Hodl my dognl posted:

20k = moon
60k = Mercury
100k = Jupiter
250k = the sun
500k = galactic singularity
1 mil = universal singularity

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y7pz7CqWTMs

Hodl my dognl
Oct 27, 2022

by Pragmatica

syntaxfunction posted:

Doesn't that mean Bitcoin is getting worse? Number go down mean worse?
yes but number no go down, number up

bitcoin better, bitcoin always better

e: single block, no chain? It break, hacker get the money, apes lose everything.

But many blocks? BLOCKS TOGETHER STRONG

Hodl my dognl fucked around with this message at 08:17 on Oct 27, 2022

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.
Stop giving the weirdo the attention he craves you idiots

King Carnivore
Dec 17, 2007

Graveyard Disciple

Hodl my dognl
Oct 27, 2022

by Pragmatica

kirbysuperstar posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fibDNwF8bjs&t=205s

(USER WAS PERMABANNED FOR THIS POST)

CaptainSarcastic
Jul 6, 2013

kirbysuperstar posted:

Yeah, unfortunately I was busy earlier and didn't see that he was posting or I would've probed him ASAP. Seraph isn't really fun anymore, just kind of sad.

I figure having Seraph show up again is yet another thing we can blame Elon Musk for.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
Buttcoin

Strong Sauce
Jul 2, 2003

You know I am not really your father.

if you're wondering what happened.

https://twitter.com/RealWillyBot/status/1584989847327936513

tehinternet
Feb 14, 2005

Semantically, "you" is both singular and plural, though syntactically it is always plural. It always takes a verb form that originally marked the word as plural.

Also, there is no plural when the context is an argument with an individual rather than a group. Somfin shouldn't put words in my mouth.

lmao surprise

Somfin
Oct 25, 2010

In my🦚 experience🛠️ the big things🌑 don't teach you anything🤷‍♀️.

Nap Ghost
One of the recurring traits of folks who get super into crypto is that they are deeply insecure about their lack of technical knowledge in the field. They're easily swayed by anyone telling them what they already want to believe and therefore end up believing some incredibly stupid things, and they lack the breadth of understanding necessary to detect bullshit.

coolusername
Aug 23, 2011

cooltitletext
:c00lbutt:

quote:

I took out a 40k loan to buy bitcoin last year he is how it’s going:

Okay guys so last year as some of you might remember I took out a 40k loan to buy bitcoin here is an update on how it’s going.

Obviously first off I have to eat a bit of humble pie… yes I was one of those dudes who thought it was going to go to 200k and obviously it didn’t it went the other way.

However, instead of sulking and beating myself up I got back to the fiat mine. I run my own business and put all the time I could into that to try and pay off my loan asap. What ended up happening which was a blessing in disguise was that for the last 12 months my business has never performed better. This has allowed me to finally pay off the loan and be debt free with my bitcoin loan.

Now what did I learn? That it is never as good as it seems and never as bad as it seems. I’ve learnt that hard work trumps all and that you really have to put everything into something if you want it to succeed. By being forced in a way to work my butt off to pay off the loan I have reached a new limit with my business and realised in some way what my true potential could be and I intend to keep pushing that limit.

Some here might call me an idiot and that’s fine however I wouldn’t change it for the world as I learnt some very valuable lessons which I am extremely grateful for.

Will I consider another bitcoin loan? Yes quite possibly but certainly not doing a bull run 😂 thanks for reading legends :)

Ps: My conviction for bitcoin has never been stronger 💪

:colbert:

quote:

So you learned absolutely nothing from this lol.

If you had saved the $40k instead or even DCA into BTC over this period, you could have acquired significantly more BTC.

Crime on a Dime
Nov 28, 2006

deep dish peat moss posted:

If you look at that account's followers it's like 60% blatant bots, 30% accounts that do nothing but retweet and are probably bots, and 10% people who do nothing but post tweets of their NFTs (also probably bots). They had to have known what to expect.

e: lol, the actual studio that made those NFTs isn't doing much better with its tweets:

https://twitter.com/OnChainStudios

Their most-liked tweets are all unboxing videos of their NFTs coming out of lootboxes

e: Sure enough, the unboxing seems to be what their fans are into:
https://twitter.com/durkle_eth/status/1580737536032317441

This world is wild and dumb. This is what the kids growing up obsessed with unboxing videos are doing with their trust funds.

I appreciate the link.. every account that account is quoting etc, straight into my block script

cinnamon rollout
Jun 12, 2001

The early bird gets the worm
How am I surprised every time seraph scrapes ten dollars together to go on an unhinged rant here. it gets me every time.

King Carnivore
Dec 17, 2007

Graveyard Disciple
The bitcoin billionaire splurged 20 bux this time. He registered two accounts with almost identical names. Less than 1 hour between his first post in this thread and his placeholder probe. :10bux: :10bux: well spent!

Also this is good for bitcoin.

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

its not about the money. it's about sendiing a message

King Carnivore
Dec 17, 2007

Graveyard Disciple
and that message is *~~~fartz~~~*

DAD LOST MY IPOD
Feb 3, 2012

Fats Dominar is on the case

everything dumps

Hodl my dongl
Oct 25, 2022

by Pragmatica

That DICK! posted:

its not about the money. it's about sendiing a message
:cheerdoge:

Hodl my dongl
Oct 25, 2022

by Pragmatica
How did I go to bed, sleep 8 hours, wake up and :justpost:

Lmao these mods are circus clowns in a prius. They used to be so quick on the draw.

I can't believe this fake probe av actually worked. Best $5 I ever spent. Not counting btc purchases obviously.

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

still gay rights and smoke weed every day

Somfin posted:

One of the recurring traits of folks who get super into crypto is that they are deeply insecure about their lack of technical knowledge in the field. They're easily swayed by anyone telling them what they already want to believe and therefore end up believing some incredibly stupid things, and they lack the breadth of understanding necessary to detect bullshit.

correct, it's like if boomers were involved in a PDF conversion scam.

The Pirate Captain
Jun 6, 2006

Avast ye lubbers, lest ye be scuppered!
Seraph has a humiliation fetish, it all makes sense.

tehinternet
Feb 14, 2005

Semantically, "you" is both singular and plural, though syntactically it is always plural. It always takes a verb form that originally marked the word as plural.

Also, there is no plural when the context is an argument with an individual rather than a group. Somfin shouldn't put words in my mouth.

The Pirate Captain posted:

Seraph has a humiliation fetish, it all makes sense.

not emptyquoting

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

you could probably write an academic paper on the direct relationship between bitcoin being up and the rate of seraph account reregs

Serious_Cyclone
Oct 25, 2017

I appreciate your patience, this is a tricky maneuver
I missed an entire seraph timelord regeneration, darn.

Crime on a Dime
Nov 28, 2006
let's encourage this guy by mentioning him

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

Crime on a Dime posted:

let's encourage this guy by mentioning him

it's adorable you think if we don't mention him he'll go away

vortmax
Sep 24, 2008

In meteorology, vorticity often refers to a measurement of the spin of horizontally flowing air about a vertical axis.

Hodl my dognl posted:

For the record, there is no center of the universe

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zokari
Jul 23, 2007

wait so now crypto people are excited about 20k? i thought that used to be the floor