Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Gracious/Glorious are really annoying

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Bayo 3 release week hoipe.

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

I got the tude now posted:

I agree w most of this. It’s more reaction based than the 3rd person action I’m usually into but it’s still cool. Replaying the gimmick missions again on a higher difficulty is fail as gently caress tho.

iirc the gimmicks aren't to bad just too long, like the space harrier one.nothing is as terrible as the zaxxon tributes from wonderful 101. the REAL bad stuff is insta dying on a qte at the end of a boss.

I got the tude now
Jul 22, 2007

mysterious loyall X posted:

iirc the gimmicks aren't to bad just too long, like the space harrier one.nothing is as terrible as the zaxxon tributes from wonderful 101. the REAL bad stuff is insta dying on a qte at the end of a boss.

I lose track of where your post ends and sig begins 100% of t he time

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

I got the tude now posted:

I lose track of where your post ends and sig begins 100% of t he time

i jhave sigs off

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

43) TimeSplitters: Future Perfect

Plebian Parasite
Oct 12, 2012

83) Outcore

Of all the games I've played this year, this was one of them

Martman
Nov 20, 2006

The Forgotten City

Glad I remembered to finish this before it leaves game pass in a few days. It's really good about making your discoveries feel impactful. sometimes mystery/puzzle games frustrate me 'cause I'll think I figured something out but the game doesn't think I did it in the right way; but this game was really good about making sure your new information would help you without feeling like you're railroaded to the solution.

There are a couple weird little dialogue tree instances where it feels like save scumming is the best solution, but in a time loop game that's not the worst thing and it never messed up any later interactions so I didn't really mind.

bump_fn
Apr 12, 2004

two of them
valkyrie elysium

pretty big meh. action was decent enough but it felt like the first half or third of a full game. only four einherjar? wtf. and the world was just so empty which like ok it’s the end of the world but still. disappointing.

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

1. Tell Me Why
  2. Vampire Survivors
  3. SteamWorld Quest: Hand of Gilgamech
  4. Elden Ring
  5. Diablo III: Reaper of Souls
  6. Xenoblade Chronicles 2
  7. Shadow Complex Remastered
  8. Xenoblade Chronicles 3
  9. OMORI

I feel like I have to say a few things first: I'm not a huge fan of Earthbound's gameplay, or indie Earthbound-likes for that matter, but this game kicked rear end. I was pretty drawn in from the jump, good music, great atmosphere, great story & characters, and even the combat was pretty good. I liked passing to ppl etc. all that poo poo. Didn't cry but came close.

4.5/5

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

21. Timesplitters: Future Perfect

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

1. Tell Me Why
  2. Vampire Survivors
  4. Elden Ring
  9. OMORI

I feel like I have to say a few things first: I'm not a huge fan of Earthbound's gameplay, or indie Earthbound-likes for that matter, but this game kicked rear end. I was pretty drawn in from the jump, good music, great atmosphere, great story & characters, and even the combat was pretty good. I liked passing to ppl etc. all that poo poo. Didn't cry but came close.

4.5/5

hell yeah. assuming you got the good ending?

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

symbolic posted:

21. Timesplitters: Future Perfect

hell yeah. assuming you got the good ending?

yup

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Beacon Pines

heehee
Sep 5, 2012

haha wow i cant believe how lucky we got to win :D
Bacon Pancakes

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011
Beacon St John

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

1. Tell Me Why
  2. Vampire Survivors
  4. Elden Ring
  9. OMORI

4.5/5

drat, i really ought to play it

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up
Xenoblade Chronicles: Definitive Edition

completed every single quest i could find except the one where two women characters have to be good friends

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

ArfJason posted:

Beacon St John

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

elf help book posted:

completed every single quest i could find except the one where two women characters have to be good friends

Lol

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

elf help book posted:

lol

Arch Nemesis
Mar 27, 2007

35. Celeste - farewell complete, all red strawberries, 14 gold strawberries + the moonberry

Incredible game. One of my top platformers ever. The movement is perfect, stage design is tight, the learning curve is good and the challenges are fun.

Martman
Nov 20, 2006

Arch Nemesis posted:

35. Celeste - farewell complete, all red strawberries, 14 gold strawberries + the moonberry

Incredible game. One of my top platformers ever. The movement is perfect, stage design is tight, the learning curve is good and the challenges are fun.
It's an incredible game. The night Farewell came out I thought it would just be a casual DLC I could dip into it at like 11pm and ended up finishing it at like 7am even though I had poo poo to do that day, it was insane.

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

elf help book posted:

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up

☝️☝️☝️

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

Arch Nemesis posted:

I mever finished the expansion thing because I didnt like futzing with the jellyfish. Oops.

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

final fantasy 1 - final fantasy origins edition. still a fun game, lot of neat stuff. last dungeon sucks but thats fine

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

resident evil 7. cool game, really spooky. the family was 100% th best part, the molded were kind of lame enemies nd eveline was kinda just the f.e.a.r. kid. also it's weird that there wasn't a final confrontation with lucas, wanted to blow that assholes head off

Punished Chuck
Dec 27, 2010

Fungah! posted:

resident evil 7. cool game, really spooky. the family was 100% th best part, the molded were kind of lame enemies nd eveline was kinda just the f.e.a.r. kid. also it's weird that there wasn't a final confrontation with lucas, wanted to blow that assholes head off

You can in the Chris Redfield DLC

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

Chuck Buried Treasure posted:

You can in the Chris Redfield DLC

ahhh ok, i figured it ws that or zoe dlc. speaking of, fuckin sucks to be zoe

absolutely anything
Dec 28, 2006

~As for dreams, she has enough and more to spare~
the chris dlc isnt very good but end of zoe is 100% worth playing

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

absolutely anything posted:

This, but the Chris DLC is at least worth playing for the Lucas stuff

copy
Jul 26, 2007

absolutely anything posted:

Pablo Nergigante posted:

This, but the Chris DLC is at least worth playing for the Lucas stuff

went on a re7 spree last year and beat the end of zoe dlc like 7 or 8 times. it's so fun. made me feel like if that old xbox game Breakdown was way easier to get into

and yeah absolutely play the chris one at least once

absolutely anything
Dec 28, 2006

~As for dreams, she has enough and more to spare~

copy posted:

went on a re7 spree last year and beat the end of zoe dlc like 7 or 8 times. it's so fun. made me feel like if that old xbox game Breakdown was way easier to get into

and yeah absolutely play the chris one at least once

ya its very breakdown, it rules

my morning jackass
Aug 24, 2009

OoT 3D - basically the same as the original, but the small QoL improvements make this the definitive way to play this game. The improved textures and lighting are really nice, especially in the final confrontation with ganondorf. The water temple isn’t annoying as gently caress anymore. The dungeons are unique and creative. The world is still fun and exciting to explore. The perfect game, really.

I had not played through OoT in it’s entirety for probably 2 decades and it’s amazing how well this game has aged.

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012
Final Fantasy Tactics: War of the Lions - really good, even with the silly script change. I do like Tactics Ogre better, partly because I liked the plot and characters better and you get to use more units in battle, and partly because FFT having no progression gating on jobs/abilities means I can't resist grinding for a bit early and then for the last like 1/4 of the game having the same set jobs and no new abilities to learn. SRPGs rule, I'm glad they're getting a little more popular again.

Arch Nemesis
Mar 27, 2007

sourdough posted:

Final Fantasy Tactics: War of the Lions - really good, even with the silly script change. I do like Tactics Ogre better, partly because I liked the plot and characters better and you get to use more units in battle, and partly because FFT having no progression gating on jobs/abilities means I can't resist grinding for a bit early and then for the last like 1/4 of the game having the same set jobs and no new abilities to learn. SRPGs rule, I'm glad they're getting a little more popular again.

FFT is probably a top 10 for me but I haven't played WotL. Need to try it at some point. Cheers on the win :cheers:

my morning jackass
Aug 24, 2009

sourdough posted:

You pretty much have to grind for calculator because they are so weak before you get a whole lot of jp, and they gain it so slowly due to their abysmal speed.

Did you play on iOS or something else?

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012

my morning jackass posted:

You pretty much have to grind for calculator because they are so weak before you get a whole lot of jp, and they gain it so slowly due to their abysmal speed.

Did you play on iOS or something else?

I didn't end up using a calculator (arithmetician lol), I felt a little stretched thin on abilities with only 5 units already, though I kept steal on one and only used it a few times. Also geomancer ended up being one I doubled up on just cause it was really versatile + had the reaction ability.

I started it on vita awhile ago right after finishing tactics ogre but didn't get far, now I have a steam deck and am just using it to play through psp and psx games lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Arrhythmia
Jul 22, 2011
Typing of the Dead