Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Clive?
Clive
a
Clive
View Results

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

Real hurthling! posted:

Plague tale is like playing a naughty dog game but it feels like poo poo to do anything

This is right. I found the gameplay pretty bad actually.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fix
Jul 26, 2005

NEWT THE MOON

Sakurazuka posted:

Had one of those, they were the future lol

I think I might still have one in storage.

Casnorf
Jun 14, 2002

Never drive a car when you're a fish
clik of death

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

NO MERCY, ONLY PAIN :black101:

drat, the memories this image invokes

The Saddest Rhino
Apr 29, 2009

Put it all together.
Solve the world.
One conversation at a time.

Morpheus posted:

Man, Korean horror can be so weird sometimes. Currently watching this now, and it's got a great sense of creepy dread and horror but at the same time the police force of the town are like the three stooges and the main character is like someone torn out of a comedy who wakes up from nightmares flailing like a baby that's throwing a tantrum (maybe this changes further in, I'm about 45 min through)

You should watch memories of murder if you haven't because the police in that movie (a serial murderer mystery based on a real case which was at the time unsolved) are even worse

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0n_HQwQU8ls

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

fridge corn posted:

drat, the memories this image invokes

Could fit so many more SNES ROMS on those

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
Hardware virus lol

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

It’s funny that the ubiquitous save icon image is still a floppy disk, which is itself an anachronism, because it’s not an actual floppy.

Cowman
Feb 14, 2006

Beware the Cow

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=up863eQKGUI

Baggot
Sep 9, 2009

Hail to the King, baby.

We had a Jaz drive on the old family Macintosh Performa (I think). It could hold an insane 2GB per disk! How are you ever going to fill that up?? I played so many Mac games and demos off that thing.

acksplode
May 17, 2004

A little behind the scenes film trivia: Due to regulations, nearly anything racist in a movie was added during post production by a specialized racism machine. It ADR'ed half the lines in Pulp Fiction. Older analogue models could apply various colors of face, which became a bit of a lost art after the transition to digital production. It's the unsung hero behind Mickey Rooney's performance in Breakfast at Tiffany's. The concept was pioneered when Birth of a Nation used a primitive form of mocap to superimpose klansmen over horses. Strict export controls make it a felony to share complete machines or even details and schematics with Italy.

Hector Delgado
Sep 23, 2007

Time for shore leave!!
Callisto Protocol has been canceled for release in Japan because they refuse to censor some stuff.
I'd put a link up but I have no idea how to with this Google News app, sorry.

butt dickus
Jul 7, 2007

top ten juiced up coaches
and the top ten juiced up players

exquisite tea posted:

It’s funny that the ubiquitous save icon image is still a floppy disk, which is itself an anachronism, because it’s not an actual floppy.
the disk itself is floppy, the case isn't

Baggot
Sep 9, 2009

Hail to the King, baby.

acksplode posted:

A little behind the scenes film trivia: Due to regulations, nearly anything racist in a movie was added during post production by a specialized racism machine. It ADR'ed half the lines in Pulp Fiction. Older analogue models could apply various colors of face, which became a bit of a lost art after the transition to digital production. It's the unsung hero behind Mickey Rooney's performance in Breakfast at Tiffany's. The concept was pioneered when Birth of a Nation used a primitive form of mocap to superimpose klansmen over horses. Strict export controls make it a felony to share complete machines or even details and schematics with Italy.

That machine's name? Albert Einstein??

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005
Probation
Can't post for 4 hours!
The problem with plague tale 2 imo is that I think a lot of us cut the first one some slack for being this surprise underdog game by a smaller dev, but you’d still expect a sequel to be a big improvement and it just doesn’t feel like it is. It’s not bad but I’m not willing to grade it on a sliding scale anymore either and I feel like the gameplay is pretty clunky and the performance is rougher than it has Any reason to be.

Casnorf
Jun 14, 2002

acksplode posted:

I appreciate you, my friend.

Fix
Jul 26, 2005

NEWT THE MOON

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N2ZZlIMdavM

Upcoming rogue lite mode for Hitman 3 looks crazy good.

Casnorf
Jun 14, 2002

Fix posted:

i am super jazzed for roguelite rear end in a top hat sandbox ye

JollyBoyJohn
Feb 13, 2019

For Real!
Rouge like hitman is a good sounding combination

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007
I appreciate Plague Tale continuing to do its own thing and haven’t encountered many performance issues, but the progression is “looser” in a way that isn’t entirely to its benefit. the first game had you methodically expanding your tools and abilities so the curve was very gentle unless you hopelessly screwed yourself by not sufficiently upgrading the sling before a certain endgame sequence. Requiem blows out your skill set way faster, which keeps you from accidentally hobbling yourself, but the extra options can make the combat feel clumsy in the heat of the moment

that being said, the stealth sections often give you the option to just book it like mad to the exit if you think you’ve put enough distance between yourself and whoever might spot you, which is always nice

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

Haven't really had any gameplay issues with Plague Tale on Normal. I appreciate that getting spotted is no longer instadeath and that Amicia has a few ways to fight back or re-enter stealth. You don't even have to be particularly elegant about it if you run far enough.

crime fighting hog
Jun 29, 2006

I only pray, Heaven knows when to lift you out

History Comes Inside! posted:

It’s both, he wore the “I hate everybody” sign for some shots and in others a blank sign covered in tracking markers was used so they could add the slurs in post.

Edit: at the bottom here you can see he’s wearing the I hate everybody sign in front of the camera as they film rather than the tracking one

Not to continue the derail but Die Hard 3 is one of my favorite movies and I never knew this. Wow!

crime fighting hog
Jun 29, 2006

I only pray, Heaven knows when to lift you out

mcmagic posted:

This is right. I found the gameplay pretty bad actually.

I enjoyed it but never finished, I wonder if the sequel is worth trying though.

Morpheus
Apr 18, 2008

My favourite little monsters

Fix posted:

Rogueman 47 looks good but if I know how I play this sort of stuff I'm going to play it as someone whose entire goal is to find the good weapons to squirrel them away in my hideout forever, never taking them anywhere I could lose them.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

I *think* you keep weapons you buy, you only lose stuff for the current run, and only if you fail?

Morpheus
Apr 18, 2008

My favourite little monsters

Arist posted:

I *think* you keep weapons you buy, you only lose stuff for the current run, and only if you fail?

If you fail in a missions, you lose anything you have 'equipped', which I assume if everything you have on you in the mission.

acksplode
May 17, 2004

I can't believe they're giving Freelancer away for free, I would've happily paid a few bucks for it. The amount of content in Hitman 3 is ridiculous and IOI is just stuffing in more. The madmen

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003
I would love a remastered version of Freelancer the game. I spent so many hours with that.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

SMH at everyone ITT falling for the astroturfed Anti-Bloober propaganda being promoted by Disney employed wrecker Robert 'Bobvids' Videos

Jimbot
Jul 22, 2008

https://twitter.com/tomwarren/status/1585624500523397120

Bleh, this sucks.

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

VideoGames posted:

I would love a remastered version of Freelancer the game. I spent so many hours with that.

Careful that’s how you get Star Citizen

Phenotype
Jul 24, 2007

You must defeat Sheng Long to stand a chance.

Still trucking through God of War, and I still have no idea where the hype comes from. This is a decent game, sure, but it's a solid 85, with way too many weird and poorly-thought-out mechanics to get any higher.

I have never once gotten away from feeling like I'm on very strict rails. I got through Alfheim, and hey, the dwarfs gave me some sidequests, and Boy tells me like 3 times that maybe we should go exploring! Except that this game is terrified to let you think that it's an open world game, so even the "exploring" bits feel heavily linear. I can set out in the boat to explore a circular lake, but I can only get off the boat at a handful of explicit docks. And each dock is attached to what amounts to a small, isolated platform that doesn't lead anywhere else, so you light the torch and fight a handful of enemies and then go back to the boat because you've done all that's there. The two sidequests for the dwarfs were just small dungeons attached to a couple of the docks, so by the time I'd made a circle around the lake, I was now Done With Exploring and there was nothing else to do but proceed with the main quest.

Also the monster AI is just lacking. Essentially, the enemies don't care what the other enemies are doing, so you can literally have three elves swooping at you with their spears just a second or two apart. I fought two of the Revenants at one point, and they both ended up close together at one point, and it became unbelievably frustrating -- Boy would make one vulnerable with his arrows and then the other one would start sweeping waves of poison at me making it impossible to close in and attack the vulnerable one. The only way to fix that seemed to be to run in and try to get one of them to follow me somewhere else, so they weren't providing perfect cover for eachother anymore. Just felt very janky -- I know that even in Elden Ring, they sync the enemies AI to some degree so that sort of thing doesn't happen.

And the item shop. Good god. I don't know how they managed to make that many distinct options for buying and upgrading different items, and made every single choice somehow feel bad. And they love to tease you with the Upgrade Weapon option, but that's basically just a story gate, since it requires a unique item that's only come from progressing the campaign so far. So I've got like 10k experience saved up waiting, because I've only got a level 3 axe and I've bought literally every move I think I'd ever use from the first 3 tiers.

Agh sorry this is so long. I just played another long session last night and every time I touch this game I'm just baffled at some of the decisions they've made.

bows1
May 16, 2004

Chill, whale, chill
Banshees of Inisherin was very good and very funny.

Brightman
Feb 24, 2005

I've seen fun you people wouldn't believe.
Tiki torches on fire off the summit of Kilauea.
I watched disco balls glitter in the dark near the Brandenburg Gate.
All those moments will be lost in time, like crowds in rain.

Time to sleep.

acksplode posted:

I can't believe they're giving Freelancer away for free, I would've happily paid a few bucks for it. The amount of content in Hitman 3 is ridiculous and IOI is just stuffing in more. The madmen

Hitman 3 was the highest rated and best selling entry, exceeding their expectations, so I think they might have decided to make stuff free that otherwise would've been paid dlc. So good on them for not being greedy I guess.

It really is a lot when you have all the past content of the trilogy integrated into it. It's freaking great.

Shrecknet
Jan 2, 2005

how long are you supposed to give a game to "click" with you?

Vampire Swansong I am 30m into the tutorial and I am just bored to teaaars. maybe because I've played and ran the ttrpg for decades but it's just so bland and I'm being hand-held so much

Casnorf
Jun 14, 2002

Morpheus posted:

Rogueman 47 looks good but if I know how I play this sort of stuff I'm going to play it as someone whose entire goal is to find the good weapons to squirrel them away in my hideout forever, never taking them anywhere I could lose them.

In the words of the great philosopher, Davinius Byrnes "Nothing was lost; everything's free."

Casnorf
Jun 14, 2002

skip the tutorial

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

I MAY LOOK LIKE SHIT BUT IM ALSO DUMB AS FUCK

veni veni veni posted:

The problem with plague tale 2 imo is that I think a lot of us cut the first one some slack for being this surprise underdog game by a smaller dev, but you’d still expect a sequel to be a big improvement and it just doesn’t feel like it is. It’s not bad but I’m not willing to grade it on a sliding scale anymore either and I feel like the gameplay is pretty clunky and the performance is rougher than it has Any reason to be.

It needs a performance patch for sure, but a lot of its design seems like a natural evolution to me. I dunno, feels like a very ambitious AA game to me.

exquisite tea posted:

Haven't really had any gameplay issues with Plague Tale on Normal. I appreciate that getting spotted is no longer instadeath and that Amicia has a few ways to fight back or re-enter stealth. You don't even have to be particularly elegant about it if you run far enough.

Yeah, the encounters feel like they can be approached in a variety of ways now, and I'm really trying to leave as few bodies on the floor as possible.

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

I believe Emmanuelle is shit, though Emmanuelle 2, Emmanuelle '77 and Goodbye, Emmanuelle may be very good movies.

Fix posted:

That looks sick, gonna have to get on this new trilogy finally

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bows1
May 16, 2004

Chill, whale, chill

Bringing this back cause fuckin lol