Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

rotor
Jun 11, 2001

classic case of pineapple on pizzadog derangement syndrome

Achmed Jones posted:

you certainly have Bad Posts Syndrome, maybe it spread

AJ, how could you do this to me when I am at my most vulnerable?!? Have you no goodness in your heart??

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Truman Peyote
Oct 11, 2006

a friend of mine got food poisoning and reported experiencing "his first adult vom." very impressive imo

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

Rotors got the bubbleguts

Cold on a Cob
Feb 6, 2006

i've seen so much, i'm going blind
and i'm brain dead virtually

College Slice

rotor posted:

AJ, how could you do this to me when I am at my most vulnerable?!? Have you no goodness in your heart??

for real this reminds me how i've started to really notice how getting older can harden your heart and i'm doing my best to not just go with that

metaphorically though also literally i guess

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

Truman Peyote posted:

a friend of mine got food poisoning and reported experiencing "his first adult vom." very impressive imo

wtf

Stringent
Dec 22, 2004

image text goes here

rotor posted:

probably just too young to have it happen to them. sit back and wait, father time has your revenge in hand.

Cold on a Cob
Feb 6, 2006

College Slice

Truman Peyote posted:

how???

i had food poisoning this week and for once i didn't actually vomit, not that there was anything left to come up after 16 hours of toilet destruction

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

He must have just turned 18

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

OFFICIAL #1 GNOME FAN

Binary Badger posted:

Yeah, it's this or hemp seed oil. They both have a smell but the hemp isn't as strong.

fwiw they have some balms that are chock full of thc at the dispensary and they're amazing. they don't get you high at all but whatever you rub it on just sort of melts

some of them smell vaguely weedy but unless you get the obviously weed-branded poo poo it generally doesn't. ime most of them barely smell like anything at all

e: idk if they're local brands (iirc ny stuff has to be made here), but mary's, etain and columbia care are all really good. they're extremely effective and don't smell weedy at all

Beeftweeter fucked around with this message at 17:38 on Oct 27, 2022

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

Truman Peyote posted:

i have yarfed exactly twice since college

Cold on a Cob
Feb 6, 2006

College Slice
i don't even remember all the times i've barfed since college

i do remember the last time though, when i got gastroenteritis in new zealand. this eventually lead to me learning adults don't eat applesauce there and they don't have pepto bismol

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

wtf I couldn't even count the number of times I've yaked this year

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

My body slams that eject button on my guts when I get migraines

Truman Peyote
Oct 11, 2006

PokeJoe posted:

He must have just turned 18

36 i think. he's very sporty and fit and has a pretty good diet so it's probably down to general health

rotor
Jun 11, 2001

classic case of pineapple on pizzadog derangement syndrome

graph posted:

i have yarfed exactly twice since college

my body has very clear ideas on what it does and does not want inside it and is more than willing to back those ideas up with action.

Achmed Jones
Oct 16, 2004

rotor posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PO_d169ibZ8

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

OFFICIAL #1 GNOME FAN
i think the only times i've puked since i turned 18 was when i had covid and after drinking whole milk. it's probably a combo of lactose intolerance and the fat

i don't really get nausea much thankfully. i've only thrown up from drinking alcohol once and i was underage

Roosevelt
Jul 18, 2009

Tony Pizzuto Says Hello

Cold on a Cob posted:

i don't even remember all the times i've barfed since college

i do remember the last time though, when i got gastroenteritis in new zealand. this eventually lead to me learning adults don't eat applesauce there and they don't have pepto bismol

i got gastroenteritis on the morning of the 6 hour car ride home from utah after a liver transplant. that's all i'm going to say about that.

NoneMoreNegative
Jul 20, 2000
GOTH FASCISTIC
PAIN
MASTER

shit wizard dad

S'funny, I've done my share of alcohol-related pukes from late-teens through to last year, but I never got a food-related puking until just a couple years back; I don't know for sure what it was (I suspect some pistachios that were a bit mouldered) but I never want that again, that sudden all-over sweat, the body temperature dropping like a rock, weak legs. Luckily for me my toilet is close enough to my bath that I can sit and lean, no time to find a bucket. Talk about feeling like a blown-out windsock afterwards, 100% empty of any contents.

outhole surfer
Mar 18, 2003

i have cyclic vomiting syndrome, so i'm right there with pokejoe. i've puked a minimum of 100 times this year

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

i carry an anti-emetic in a little pill capsule on my keychain these days

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

i get a little surprise puke every week or so, just like the burp equivalent of following through on a fart

outhole surfer
Mar 18, 2003

phenergan is about the only thing that does the job for me, and since i can't take it orally, i can't really take it in public even if I carried it with me.

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

OFFICIAL #1 GNOME FAN

nudgenudgetilt posted:

phenergan is about the only thing that does the job for me, and since i can't take it orally, i can't really take it in public even if I carried it with me.

eugh, i had bronchitis a lot as a kid so i can sort of relate

they have oral dissolvable thc pills here, plus some alcohol-based tinctures. like i said i don't really get nausea, but i know its an antiemetic. nothing like that helps either?

outhole surfer
Mar 18, 2003

thc *may* actually be part of the problem.

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

OFFICIAL #1 GNOME FAN

nudgenudgetilt posted:

thc *may* actually be part of the problem.

yeah i've seen anecdotal evidence about that too. hm :smith:

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

EVERY MORNING I WAKE UP AND OPEN PALM SLAM A WHITE WHALE INTO THE PEQUOD. IT'S HELL'S HEART AND RIGHT THEN AND THERE I STRIKE AT THEE ALONGSIDE WITH THE MAIN CHARACTER, ISHMAEL.
other day, pulled a shoulder muscle in my sleep. ruined my week

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.
i hosed up my back good enough to get a toradol shot today. it still hurts.

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

OFFICIAL #1 GNOME FAN
both of those suck :(

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

nudgenudgetilt posted:

i have cyclic vomiting syndrome, so i'm right there with pokejoe. i've puked a minimum of 100 times this year

:pwn:

i sincerely i hope your situation improves or can be improved

outhole surfer
Mar 18, 2003

graph posted:

:pwn:

i sincerely i hope your situation improves or can be improved

yeah, it's really all on me. i need to stop being a two decade older version of hbag and get my stress, drug use, diet, and sleep cycle all under control.

axolotl farmer
May 17, 2007

Now I'm going to sing the Perry Mason theme

PokeJoe posted:

My body slams that eject button on my guts when I get migraines

:same:

rarely barf from migraines since I too always carry around a set of Ipuprofen and Metclopramide pills.

migraine barfs are extra awful since there’s no relief. the nausea is still there as well as the gnomes trying to pry apart my cranium with very small and very sharp crowbars.

MononcQc
May 29, 2007

people were discussing the Simpsons at work yesterday and one of our youngest coworkers just said “oh I don’t really watch media from the 2000s” and all the 90s kids and a bunch of the older ones disintegrated

Tankakern
Jul 25, 2007

lol

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.
they're only two decades off! that's close, right?

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.
the simpsons tv show is almost as old as homer.

homer is 36, btw.

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slægt skal følge slægters gang

MononcQc posted:

people were discussing the Simpsons at work yesterday and one of our youngest coworkers just said “oh I don’t really watch media from the 2000s” and all the 90s kids and a bunch of the older ones disintegrated

:ohno:

Trig Discipline
Jun 3, 2008

Please leave the room if you think this might offend you.
Grimey Drawer

Stringent posted:

just got back from ishigaki yesterday.

didn't get to go snorkling but i did ride in one of the glass bottom boats from kabira.

was absolutely gutted at all the coral that died this summer, i hope somehow someday it can come back.

went during a new moon though, so i got to wade out, lay in the water and stare at the milky way, all immortal beloved style.

oh yeah it got properly thrashed by a storm very recently, right? drat.

the coral will recover over the next few years, if it's just storm damage. i've seen that happen here in okinawa and in curacao a bunch of times.

Trig Discipline
Jun 3, 2008

Please leave the room if you think this might offend you.
Grimey Drawer
in the past thirty years i have puked twice

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
once I spewed after drinking some cactus juice. tbf that poo poo is gross

if you’ve got bubble guts tho that’s a sign you’ve been neglecting your recreational loperamide