Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.

Asproigerosis posted:

I cannot loving wait to watch a player drop dead on the field after an aneurysm blows out/they dissect all the vessels after a high force impact. I am astounded.

I can wait for that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

SKELITON_BRINGING_U_ON.GIF
It rocks that this guy has the ear of virtually everyone in the leauge.

https://twitter.com/AdamSchefter/status/1585507810263154688

He's also dumb as poo poo.

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.

Hot Diggity! posted:

The Bucs have been absorbed into the person of Brady.

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?

Hot Diggity! posted:

Ha! In a normal season the Bucs try to avoid a 3 game losing streak multiple times a season.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Hot Diggity! posted:

Other way around. Schefter is doing Brady PR.

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!
I'm hearing that Matt Ryan was the Colts starter for 28 weeks and 3 days. Someone do the math on that.

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

Impossibly Perfect Sphere posted:

I'm hearing that Matt Ryan was the Colts starter for 28 weeks and 3 days. Someone do the math on that.

The Colts traded for Ryan on March 21st, 2022, and benched him on October 24th. 217 days is 31 weeks exactly.

Shinji2015
Aug 31, 2007
Keen on the hygiene and on the mission like a super technician.

SKULL.GIF posted:

The Colts traded for Ryan on March 21st, 2022, and benched him on October 24th. 217 days is 31 weeks exactly.

lol

Matt Ryan will never escape the combination of 28 and 3. He's going to die on March 28th, somehow, man is cursed

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

Derpmph trial star reporter!

Hot Diggity! posted:

Tampa Bay Buccaneers, a franchise known for never losing 3 consecutive games long before Brady showed up lol

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.
Trying to work out the fun math in my head how you’ll have 4-12 seasons without a three game losing streak.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Maybe they mean home losses?

Because they lost 4 in a row the year before they got Brady. There was a bye in the middle there, so maybe that's not consecutive at which point you have to go to the year before where they lost 3 in a row, beat the Browns in OT then immediately lost 4 in a row... then won 2 before losing another 4 in a row

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

SKELITON_BRINGING_U_ON.GIF

Kalli posted:

Maybe they mean home losses?

Because they lost 4 in a row the year before they got Brady. There was a bye in the middle there, so maybe that's not consecutive at which point you have to go to the year before where they lost 3 in a row, beat the Browns in OT then immediately lost 4 in a row... then won 2 before losing another 4 in a row

They started 2013 0-8 lmao

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?
True Bucs fans don't even blink at a 3 game losing streak.

https://twitter.com/TampaBayTre/status/1585590972771180544?s=20&t=m2dDECO9yEM5RUzd9BpWBA

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

The guy can't even get on the field he's so injured. A 3rd??
https://twitter.com/Connor_J_Hughes/status/1585670435777159170
https://twitter.com/AdamSchefter/status/1585671078340354050

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

Diva Cupcake posted:

The guy can't even get on the field he's so injured. A 3rd??
https://twitter.com/Connor_J_Hughes/status/1585670435777159170

It's a very late 3rd but yeah.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Also wanna see those conditions.

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?
That's a great return for Toney.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
Huh, I kinda liked Toney as a prospect.

Everything since he became a pro and not a prospect has been very bad though.

Kalli posted:

Also wanna see those conditions.

And this yeah. If it's conditional on him being actually good in some way I'm fine with it.

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

Kadarius Toney was one of the most exciting players I ever saw at Florida, and I once watched a serial killer play TE

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

Wild. Hasn’t he basically not played a down this year because he hurt one hammy, got healthy, then immediately pulled his other hammy? Seems like a lot to take a flyer on a dude with recurring soft tissue problems.

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

You're all garbage, back up the truck BACK IT UP!
How deep in the dog house was he that the drat Giants traded him? Not like they're loaded at receiver

Nov 6, 2002

No way the Giants see a 3rd.

Ramrod Hotshot
May 30, 2003

This is going to be a fun Thursday night. Peak performance clownball.

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

Ches Neckbeard posted:

How deep in the dog house was he that the drat Giants traded him? Not like they're loaded at receiver
He's perpetually injured and also a shithead. For the Giants to trade him after a year when they don't even have WRs kinda speaks volumes.

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret

Grittybeard posted:

Huh, I kinda liked Toney as a prospect.

Everything since he became a pro and not a prospect has been very bad though.

And this yeah. If it's conditional on him being actually good in some way I'm fine with it.

He had like two good games last year, one of which he got ejected from for throwing a punch at some Dallas DB (He should have been praised for that IMO - gently caress the Cowboys), and then he got hurt. I think there also may have been something with him not respecting Joe Judge or Jason Garrett, not that they deserved any respect, which got him in trouble.

Either way, based solely on those two games, if he ever gets healthy he’d be good for KC.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Diva Cupcake posted:

He's perpetually injured and also a shithead. For the Giants to trade him after a year when they don't even have WRs kinda speaks volumes.

Veach likes to take potshots at high draft picks who flamed out, and it mostly doesn't work but sometimes it kinda works?

You can imagine the guy being good if you want to. I don't know.

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal
Suck it Up and Keep Wrestling
I picked Kadarius Toney to the Chiefs in the goon mock draft

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

Grittybeard posted:

Veach likes to take potshots at high draft picks who flamed out, and it mostly doesn't work but sometimes it kinda works?

You can imagine the guy being good if you want to. I don't know.
Yeah if you can squint hard and give him Wolverine hamstrings like Russ you can see an exciting player in the Chiefs offense.

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?

Ramrod Hotshot posted:

This is going to be a fun Thursday night. Peak performance clownball.

No. No it's not. At least from the Bucs side, it's just boring bad football. Not even the entertaining bad football we had when Jameis was slinging Pick 6's every other drive.

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?

Impossibly Perfect Sphere posted:

No way the Giants see a 3rd.

https://twitter.com/MySportsUpdate/status/1585674495775440899?s=20&t=m2dDECO9yEM5RUzd9BpWBA

xbilkis
Apr 11, 2005

god qb
me
jay hova
I think those reporters are saying conditional when they mean compensational? Other reports are saying it’s one of the picks the Chiefs got for the Bears hiring Poles

Toney showed flashes when he was healthy and getting reps but that was literally like…two games? Lol

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Well that trade went from oh interesting to ewww pretty quick

Nov 6, 2002

that's highway robbery

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Ah, well, I welcome our new Kadarius Toney franchise player who will definitely not be a problem in any way.

Rookie contract is a good deal, at least they can cut their losses if what we all expect happens.

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?

Grittybeard posted:

Ah, well, I welcome our new Kadarius Toney franchise player who will definitely not be a problem in any way.

Rookie contract is a good deal, at least they can cut their losses if what we all expect happens.

Yeah, he's super cheap (His salary and cap hit for the next 3 years is: 2022: $784K, 2023: $1.907M, 2024: $2.531M) and the Chiefs apparently had an extra third round pick.

Also,

https://twitter.com/Underdog__NFL/status/1585671190995009536?s=20&t=m2dDECO9yEM5RUzd9BpWBA

really queer Christmas
Apr 22, 2014

I know the chiefs didn't have the best receiver corps but like drat, they still had the #1 offense in the league and pat mahomes. Do you really need to trade for a receiver?

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

I mean they need to keep up with the Bills and Eagles, so yeah, they can afford to spend a late day 2 pick on a WR.

Now that WR is definitely... a choice.

c'mon Chiefs, we had this Nelson Aghalor right here, could've saved you a pick!

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

They must hate Skyy Moore.

Nov 6, 2002

Kalli posted:

I mean they need to keep up with the Bills and Eagles, so yeah, they can afford to spend a late day 2 pick on a WR.

Now that WR is definitely... a choice.

c'mon Chiefs, we had this Nelson Aghalor right here, could've saved you a pick!

You're telling me Bill wouldn't have been willing to deal Bourne? The Chiefs could have actually done something with that guy unlike big brained Matt Patricia.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

sportsgenius86 posted:

They must hate Skyy Moore.

Have you seen the man's decisions returning punts?

He's actually been fine on regular offense mostly I guess when he gets in there, although not a difference maker yet. Andy doesn't trust and is not a fan of rookie receivers in general to be fair for whatever reason.