Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Vitamean
May 31, 2012

a cartoon duck posted:

arguably rear end is probably the best place to learn healer right now, given the bite-sized lengths of fights...

Definitely feeling this for any job you have that you want to learn. Even if you're not clearing, having a place for learning a job you have at cap that's between "hit a striking dummy" and "run an 8 man" is fantastic. You have to meet the minimum item level obviously, but three friends and a gear requirement as a shorter hurdle than seven friends, in my opinion.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Thundarr
Dec 24, 2002

Seeing Google ad buys again from somebody advertising Ultimate clears. I thought the last time somebody did that, they were quickly found out and megadunked by SE for their efforts. Or maybe I'm just conflating it with that very poorly thought out billboard early in the summer.

Vitamean
May 31, 2012

lol I thought it was weird browsing youtube last night and seeing an rmt ad

pulled it up again just right now too

Orcs and Ostriches
Aug 26, 2010

The Great Twist
Was there actually any verifiable fallout from the billboard?

hopeandjoy
Nov 28, 2014

Orcs and Ostriches posted:

Was there actually any verifiable fallout from the billboard?

I don’t think so. The same FC is now hosting a giveaway for a large house on Crystal so they have most definitely learned nothing at least.

Pigbuster
Sep 12, 2010

Fun Shoe
https://twitter.com/Braemha/status/1585043491100688384

When. We cannot allow a Lenovo laptop emote gap!

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!
They should actually do an emote that only works when you're sitting at a table where you pull out a laptop and keep typing on it until you move or cancel it.

GloomMouse
Mar 6, 2007

Macaluso posted:

They should actually do an emote that only works when you're sitting at a table where you pull out a laptop and keep typing on it until you move or cancel it.

This is a great idea

Ape Has Killed Ape
Sep 15, 2005

Just make the tomestone emote do that if you're sitting.

Zomborgon
Feb 19, 2014

I don't even want to see what happens if you gain CHIM outside of a pre-coded system.

I do with /tomestone was continuous, for use when waiting for pulls

Doomykins
Jun 28, 2008

Didn't you mean to ask about flowers?
5.5 spoilers: oh my goodness Estinien meeting Alisae and G'raha. :allears: If this was a single player JRPG I know what goofy moron crew I'd be rolling with as my party. Oh sweet Tiamat came back! Also I can't tell if Estinien is fantastic or awful at his job or even both. He sure is cool though.

"Perhaps we could swap tales over a pot of Tataru's tea?"
"And be indebted to her for the leaves and hot water?" hahahahahahahaha! Bro just flies away on Tiamat like he's the protagonist.. drat, Estinien is cool.

drat Paglth'an is cool. And hey, story closure with Tiamat, who was just kind of an interesting side bit of lore way back in HW?! This game rules. And hey, this dungeon is tying in all the beastman storylines again with the kobolds helping us fight and the amalj'aa fighting beside us. This story rules. And man is Square showing off their sheer years of experience in nailing visuals. Even if FF14 might be a bit dated in some aspects... well, art direction is king and Square has been leading the field since FF7, if not earlier if you got that real retro grognard taste, like me, heh. Loved fighting the war machine as the second boss, I hope EW is full of insane Garlemald tech bosses. FF games with tech bosses always nail 'em.

OH NHAAMA CREEPY POD PEOPLE TOWER! THE FLOOR IS CREEPY FLESH!! MY INSTINCTS ARE TELLING ME THE ENEMY AND DUNGEON DESIGNS IN END WALKER... ARE GONNA BE REALLY COOL!!!

heh heh get hosed Fandaniel, broke your dragon in a dungeon, not even a trial fight. ... oh no, Alphinaud's surrogate big bro! :ohdear: Aww shucks, I've thought of Estenien as a Scion since like the end of Stormblood but this scene where he joins formally is super touching. Alphinaud has come a LONG way from my gut reaction in ARR of "oh here's the character I dislike by design alone." :laffo:

Hahahahaha oh my goodness at Zenos' weapon scene. :allears: Mmm more cool story. Going to the moon with my catboyfriend soon, no doubt. It's getting Final Fantasy as hell in here. Gotta go to nerd town and punch stacks of books first I guess... pfft, Sharlaya and me the epitome of the "idiot from the Steppes" xaela player.

Thought I might blitz through my last 5 or so quests real quick but lol at doing anything real quick in MSQ. I guess this weekend I lose my sprout. I like it though, it's mine. This is the end of the Shadowbringer patch content so I can only assume "many cutscenes will play in sequence" will precede poo poo hitting the fan. :3:

Leaving off with the start of The Company We Keep. 3 quests to go and I can play the actual game...

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

Weekly raid report: we made it to P5S enrage, 17%. We've lost a couple of folks (one to a new baby, the other to a muscle injury that makes it difficult to go for even half an hour without resting, ne of the big ones in the back that you forget is there until it siezes up, he's recovering but slowly) so PF searching takes up some of our limited time, but that's the nature of the game. Not consistently getting to the end yet (a flub on Devour can cascade really easily) but it's nice to see progress.

Interestingly, for healing done we all parsed 90+ (my bard was a 100-parse) which if I understand what counts for that means that we're nailing our defensive cooldowns. Probably also that most of the people parsing are so good they don't need to hit them. If everyone's geared enough to take 10% less damage for example, they're gonna have 10% less healing done with the same cooldowns.

Bruceski fucked around with this message at 03:32 on Oct 28, 2022

Mordiceius
Nov 10, 2007

If you think calling me names is gonna get a rise out me, think again. I like my life as an idiot!
At this point, I think I'm ready to declare 6.2 as the best patch in FFXIV's history. Literally every feature of it has been great!

Main story? Fantastic
Raid story? Super interesting
Raid fights? Cool af
MSQ Trial? My favorite ever in the game
Island Sanctuary? A great side activity with amazing future potential
Variant Dungeons? Another incredible feature that I can't wait to see expanded
Criterion Dungeons? A welcome addition
Omicron Trible Quests? Some of the best writing in the game

Has there been any other patch that has brought this much in a single patch and had it all be good?

Rap Game Goku
Apr 2, 2008

Word to your moms, I came to drop spirit bombs

Macaluso posted:

They can start by making /read and /tomestone continuous.

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream
Criterion dungeons blind with half my savage static has been my absolute favorite thing I've done inthis game.

Complexity of movement of a tougher EX but fast and with fewer people is basically perfect.

Regalingualius
Jan 7, 2012

We gazed into the eyes of madness... And all we found was horny.

Did something happen with the Island Sanctuary discord? I just noticed that I'm no longer in it.

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream

Regalingualius posted:

Did something happen with the Island Sanctuary discord? I just noticed that I'm no longer in it.

It got deleted cause an admin was a weirdo so all the people that did the actual data crunching just made a new one.

Thundarr
Dec 24, 2002

Huh. I don't appear to be in it either. It would be pretty annoying if they just kicked a bunch of accounts just because they don't participate in whatever chatting happens on that server.

e: oh. I guess that's also a thing that happens with a lot of Discords.

Hogama
Sep 3, 2011

Regalingualius posted:

https://www.reddit.com/r/ffxiv/comments/yfanvg/island_sanctuary_workshop_overseas_casuals/

quote:

Unfortunately, the owner of Poking Paradise has been routinely taking it upon themselves to claim ownership of each of our projects with the reasoning that the development discussion was done on the Poking Paradise server. So, we have unanimously decided to create a new server! It will host the spreadsheet, Mienna's plugin, all future research, Workshop Recommendations, and a unique view into our website development.
Basically they moved to a new discord.

Regalingualius
Jan 7, 2012

ZenMasterBullshit posted:

It got deleted cause an admin was a weirdo so all the people that did the actual data crunching just made a new one.

Happen to have a link handy to the replacement, or is it still a WIP?

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice

Mordiceius posted:

At this point, I think I'm ready to declare 6.2 as the best patch in FFXIV's history. Literally every feature of it has been great!

Main story? Fantastic
Raid fights? Cool af

Has there been any other patch that has brought this much in a single patch and had it all be good?

2.1 added housing and roulettes

e: and party finder

Hogama
Sep 3, 2011

Regalingualius posted:

https://discord.gg/overseascasuals
They don't have a spreadsheet ready yet but they do still have a recommendations channel.

Oneiros
Jan 12, 2007

Regalingualius posted:

it's the same people as the old one except the discord admin who threw a tantrum and nuked their server

Regalingualius
Jan 7, 2012

Hogama posted:

They don't have a spreadsheet ready yet but they do still have a recommendations channel.

Oneiros posted:

it's the same people as the old one except the discord admin who threw a tantrum and nuked their server

Thanks!

Sounds like a royal pain in the rear end for everyone; I hate when server politics that I couldn’t give less of a gently caress about derail things as dramatically as… this, apparently.

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

After a Speaker vote, you may be entitled to a valuable coupon or voucher!

Mordiceius posted:

Main story? Fantastic
Raid fights? Cool af

In a certain sense, 2.1?

Mordiceius
Nov 10, 2007

If you think calling me names is gonna get a rise out me, think again. I like my life as an idiot!

Nessus posted:

In a certain sense, 2.1?

I mean, I think 2.1 added some good core features, but I wouldn't say that every single feature of the patch was as high of quality - especially the MSQ.

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

After a Speaker vote, you may be entitled to a valuable coupon or voucher!

Mordiceius posted:

I mean, I think 2.1 added some good core features, but I wouldn't say that every single feature of the patch was as high of quality - especially the MSQ.
Oh yes, I'm being highfalutin - there was the real possibility the game would crash and burn in which case there would have not been story patches, just maybe a couple of cleanup patches and then shutting it down.

Vitamean
May 31, 2012

what's with this month and discord admin melties

Dareon
Apr 6, 2009

by vyelkin

Vitamean posted:

Mercury is retrograde.

(As good an explanation as any)

Dareon
Apr 6, 2009

by vyelkin
Also I'm a little ways into Stormblood, just hit the first fight with Zenos, and there's some messaging that could be very easily spun by the Alliance/Resistance.

Behold, the broken blade of Zenos, blunted on the Warrior of Light as he drives back the invader! The viceroy flees, his slaughter of innocents foiled, Flame General Raubahn, the Bull of Ala Mhigo, graciously allows Zenos' retreat with the words "There has been enough death today!"

Scions do not hire me, I would be a terrible PR man.

Fiye
Nov 23, 2021

No one can hide anything from me.
Your heart is in plain sight to me.

Vitamean posted:

Stuff that's been brewing behind the scenes for years. PrimalForays always dealt with splinter stuff and the poking island discord admin is also the person who runs centurio hunts and programs Sonar which should really explain a lot.

Zeruel
Mar 27, 2010

Alert: bad post spotted.
Just realised 2 TT cards are locked behind Bloodsword Dwarves, rank 8, not rank 7. :negative:

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

Feels good to do all reclears in 1 night. I'll enjoy having my weekend back finally...

Doomykins
Jun 28, 2008

Didn't you mean to ask about flowers?

Zeruel posted:

Just realised 2 TT cards are locked behind Bloodsword Dwarves, rank 8, not rank 7. :negative:

Me but doing quests for the bug people in HW and the NPC still telling me "we're far too busy for card games, go pick up more sticks."

TheWorldsaStage
Sep 10, 2020

Fiye posted:

Stuff that's been brewing behind the scenes for years. PrimalForays always dealt with splinter stuff and the poking island discord admin is also the person who runs centurio hunts and programs Sonar which should really explain a lot.

I understood centurio hunts from this but that's it

Zeruel
Mar 27, 2010

Alert: bad post spotted.
i feel like an absolute casual when exposed to all this information which is flying over my head.

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness

Zeruel posted:

yes they are!

if it's any consolation, you get the Omicron card at literally one rank past joining (but it's not for the buttered toast mount so it doesn't really matter... yet?)

hazardousmouse
Dec 17, 2010
interesting, omicron quest we're not given the option to consult our expert on dragon grief, Tiamat?

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

hazardousmouse posted:

interesting, omicron quest we're not given the option to consult our expert on dragon grief, Tiamat?

Do we even know where she is?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

W.T. Fits
Apr 21, 2010

Ready to Poyozo Dance all over your face.

Electric Phantasm posted:

Do we even know where she is?

Didn't patch 5.5 have something about her heading to Merycidia to check on the state of things there after clearing the dungeon?