Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

fez_machine
Nov 27, 2004
Yu Ishino has a documentary airing soon about his transition

https://twitter.com/n_docu/status/1583370624491061248

There's an article/interview out about the documentary https://news.mynavi.jp/article/20221022-ishinoyu/

Here's a DeepL translation. Content Warning for Japanese attitudes to transpeople although it's generally very positive and supportive.

quote:

Interview with Yui Ishino
From Female to Male...Thoughts on Kimura Hana, a close friend, behind the decision.

NTV's documentary program "NNN Document '22" (every Sunday from 24:55) will air "Watashi kara boku ni naru: ex-women's pro-wrestler's determination: 600 days of close contact" on the 23rd. The film follows Yukari Ishino, a former women's pro-wrestler who used to wrestle under the ring name "Kagetsu," as she decides to undergo gender reassignment surgery to live a second life as a man named "Yuu Ishino" with no regrets.

Conventional documentaries on transgender people (people whose mind and body do not match) tend to focus on how society accepts them, but this program goes one step further and shows how one person's hope to become a man was fulfilled. The documentary, however, takes it one step further and depicts how one man moved forward by fulfilling his wish to become a man.

The story was closely followed by director Yusuke Namba (TV Tokyo Productions). We asked him about what he saw through his feelings for his friend Hana Kimura, who was behind his decision to undergo the surgery, and what he wanted to convey through Mr. Ishino's appearance.

Loved for his natural cheerfulness

D. Namba was introduced to Mr. Ishino by an acquaintance who had connections in the pro wrestling world. "He was wearing a T-shirt and shorts, and I thought he looked like a boy with a hint of cuteness," he said of his impression at the time.

He was introduced to us because Mr. Ishino wanted to help people with similar problems by communicating his action of changing his gender. Namba D. started the close contact with her, saying, "I felt that she had something strong in her and became very interested in her.

Mr. Ishino's motivation to become a man is pure: "I want to be cooler" and "I want to be popular. I think he had a hidden complex from his childhood, but when he met pro wrestling, he was able to release it and experienced the joy of showing his coolness. I imagine that this is the aesthetic of the "man" in Mr. Ishino.

What I sense in Mr. Ishino is a natural brightness. He has a charming personality, and even after coming out, he still blends in at work. "My bosses and seniors love her, saying that she is like a ray of light shining through," I learned through the interview that this brightness was inherited from his parents.

Documentaries on transgender people often depict the struggles of the family, but in Ms. Ishino's case, the family was understanding from the beginning and accepted our close-up interview. A funny scene in which Mr. Ishino's parents named his new name after his male counterpart appeared in the documentary: "Mr. Ishino said that he thought his father and mother's family was ideal and he respected them, so he asked them to name him, thinking that he had received a second life from them. His parents also named him as if he were their new son, and I felt a great love between father and son," he says.

I will live my life without regrets for Ms. ■Hana's sake.

One of the major elements of the program is the story of the woman's wrestling friend Hana Kimura, who took her own life after being slandered on social networking sites.

She said, "After I quit wrestling, I was determined to live quietly away from the world of professional wrestling. About a year after I quit, I received an offer from Hana's mother, Kyoko Kimura, to compete in her memorial match, but if I were to enter the ring again, I would have to build up my body because there would be a blank period. She was very worried because she felt that if she was going to compete, she couldn't embarrass herself in front of Hana.

Still, he decided to compete for the sake of his late ally. This also encouraged her to undergo gender reassignment surgery.

I think she had been planning to undergo the surgery for a long time, but she felt it was difficult to live as a woman, and Hana-san's death made her realize that she had a lot to live up to. Ms. Ishino's motto is "I want to live without regrets," but I think Hana-san may have left behind some regrets. That is why he decided to change his gender and live his life as he did in order to live without regrets for Hana-san.

During the month leading up to Hana-san's memorial match, I heard that it was very hard for him to lose weight and build up his body, but he was supported by the hope that he could become a man after the surgery he underwent one week after the match. So you worked hard for Hana-san and for yourself. I was hit pretty hard in the match and my body was in shambles, but when I saw him the next day, he was smiling. I was impressed when he said, "Until yesterday, it was for Hana, but now it's a stage for my life, so I'm looking forward to it.

Mr. Ishino underwent surgery, changed his family register, and became a man in both name and reality. Immediately after the surgery, she showed her breast that had been removed to D. Namba, who was holding a camera, without hesitation. I wanted to show them in public anyway," she said. I think it was a symbolic gesture of, "This is a man! As the program progressed, the way his muscles were attached changed drastically.

In addition to these outward appearances, his inner life also changed dramatically. "I feel like I have a lot of hope now that I'm a man, and I'm willing to do everything! The brightness that I had in the past has increased even more.

In the latter half of the program, the viewer forgets that she was once a woman, and the program becomes a documentary about a man taking a new path: first time in a suit, first time in a men's locker room, first time stripping, first time drinking with men, first time job interview...and the viewer forgets all about being a woman. I want the viewer to pay attention to the freshness of a man who has turned 30 and is experiencing his second adolescence. I wanted to show the freshness and honesty of a man entering the male-dominated world, which we had also almost forgotten.

■Message from Hana Kimura's mother: "Be absolutely confident.

There is a scene in which Kyoko Kimura, enjoying yakiniku together after her surgery, says to Ms. Ishino, "Even if most of you are good people, just a few percent of you are heartless, and you can be bitterly gouged (in the heart), so I want you to have absolute confidence in yourself while thinking about how to defend yourself in case you are hurt by such hurt. These weighty words, linked to his daughter, Hana-san, are extremely persuasive advice.

D. Namba, who was watching the scene, said, "I don't want Ms. Ishino to feel the same way because I have experienced it myself the most. There may be many opinions, but I felt the message that she should not be defeated.

This program was produced with the hope of encouraging those who are struggling to take the first step toward coming out or undergoing surgery. She said, "What I was always conscious of was the desire to appeal to transgender people just like myself by showing the positive image of Ms. Ishino. He also said, "If you are going to make a decision, it is better to make it while you are young," and through Mr. Ishino, I wanted to create a program that would give strength to those who have complexes," he emphasizes.

The more cheerful and confident Mr. Ishino is now as a man, he should give transgender people and sexual minorities alike the courage to move forward.

Mr. Ishino is really positive and doesn't get depressed. Even when I thought, 'This is going to be a tough interview...,' he always ends it with a smile on his face and moves on to the next step. I thought he was a really wonderful person," he said. He continued, "He seems to have many more things he wants to do, so if I have a chance to interview him, I would like to follow up on them.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

That part about his parents giving him his new name and accepting him as their new son was just beautiful :shobon:

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

HAYATO vs Ishikawa was rad, hope the handsome lad gets some gold sooner rather than later

TIL he used to have some real crazy hair, almost a discount Tanahashi

For reference, here is his current look

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

For anyone sick & depraved enough to care, the finals of the Zero1 junior tournament are available to watch

https://vk.com/wall-4499945_23234

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

Much appreciated, i'll definitely be checking out the top two matches

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

I think I also want to see the first 2 matches. Takaiwa vs Niki sounds good fun.

Bonk
Aug 4, 2002

Douche Baggins

forkboy84 posted:

GLEAT G Prowrestling Ver.36
Umeda Sky Building Stellar Hall, Osaka
Keiichi Sato & Oji Shiiba vs Shigehiro Irie & Soma Watanabe
Jun Tonsho vs T-Hawk
UWF Rules: Minoru Tanaka & Yu Iizuka vs Seichi Ikemoto & Takanori Ito
UWF Rules: Maya Fukuda vs Mika Iwata
Quiet Storm vs Tetsuya Izuchi
CIMA, Kaz Hayashi & Michiko Miyagi vs BULK Orchestra (Check Shimatani & Ryuichi Kawakami) & Kyoko Inoue
Kaito Ishida & Ryuichi Kawakami vs Stronghearts (El Lindaman & Issei Onitsuka)
This was taped the other night (so avoid Cagematch spoilers), premiering here tonight/morning.

Takanori Ito had a positive antigen test, so he's out of the UWF tag and replaced with Tetsuya Izuchi pulling double-duty. He tweeted that he's feeling OK so it doesn't seem serious.

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

I had missed that Oji Shiiba is in 60 Seconds now, and then in the opening promo Kaito Ishida came out in a BULK Orchestra shirt so I guess he's with them. Needs to BULK up though

Bonk
Aug 4, 2002

Douche Baggins
Check Shimatani proves that you can be smol and still be BULK.

fez_machine
Nov 27, 2004
Good news
https://twitter.com/DramaticDDT/status/1585223477942194177

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

SCHEDULE! One show anyone on here is likely to watch on Saturday is weirdly quiet. Instead everyone is running Sunday. Fun stuff from All Japan, almost fun from 2AW until they ruin it by booking Joji Otani, an interim tag title in GLEAT while Hayato Tamura is out with an injury, baller sounding Freedoms Tag Title match, & the start of the D-Ou Grand Prix. New Japan are running Osaka EDION #2 this week before going to #1 the following Saturday, slightly weird to see them there, but this is the 2nd time this year.

29/10/2022, Saturday

12:30pm JST/2:30pm AEDT/4:30am BST/11:30pm EDT/8:30pm PDT

Tokyo Joshi Pro The Mountain Top 2022
EDION Arena #2, Osaka
Nao Kakuta & Yoshiko Hasegawa vs Raku & Yuki Aino
Juria Nagano & Miyu Yamashita vs Kaya Toribami & Mahiro Kiryu
Haruna Neko, Mizuki & Suzume vs Hyper Misao, Pom Harajuku & Shoko Nakajima
Arisu Endo & Hikari Noa vs Rika Tatsumi & Yuki Arai
Maki Itoh & Yuki Kamifuku vs Willow Nightingale & Yuka Sakazaki
International Princess Title: Miu Watanabe(c) vs Moka Miyamoto
Live on Wrestle Universe

Also shows from Ice Ribbon, Dragongate & 666

30/10/2022, Sunday

12pm JST/2pm AEDT/4am BST/11pm EDT/8pm PDT

All Japan #ajpw Halloween MANIAx
Shin-Kiba 1stRING, Tokyo
Hokuto Omori vs Yusuke Kodama
Naoya Nomura vs Yuma Anzai
Atsuki Aoyagi & Yuma Aoyagi vs Kento Miyahara & Rising HAYATO
Gungnir of Anarchy (Ryuki Hona & Shotaro Ashino) vs Masao Inoue & Takao Omori
Jake Lee, Ryo Inoue & Shuji Ishikawa vs Voodoo Murders (Jun Saito, Rei Saito & Suwama)
Black Menso-re vs Izanagi
GAORA TV Title: Toshizo(c) vs Masao Hanabata (former Seigo Tachibana who has apparently changed his name?)
All Asia Tag Team Titles: Evolution (Dan Tamura & Hikaru Sato)(c) vs WWE Losers (TAJIRI & Yoshitatsu)
Live on AJPW TV

1pm JST/3pm AEDT/5am BST/12am EDT/9pm PDT

2AW GRAND SLAM in TKP Garden City
TKP Garden City, Chiba
Chojin Yusha G Valion & Kotaro Yoshino vs THE RULE (Naka Shuma & Takuma Joshiba)
Ayame Sasamura vs Yuna Mizumori
BUG's Mutation (CHANGO & Chicharito Shoki) vs Joji Otani & Kaji Tomato
Ayato Yoshida, Kyu Mogami & Shu Asakawa vs Ayumu Honda, Kunio Toshima & Shiori Asahi
2AW Tag Team Titles: Koen (Takuro Niki & Tatsuya Hanami)(c) vs Daiju Wakamatsu & Taishi Takizawa
2AW Openweight Title: Kengo Mashimo(c) vs Hayato Mashita
It'll show up on NicoNico some time & hopefully someone pirates it, idk

DDT Hiroshi Yamato 15th Anniversary ~ Kimi No Wa Pro Wrestling Festa
Kimitsu Shiritsu Shuto Junior High School Gymnasium, Kimitsu
Hideki Okatani vs Takeshi Masada
Kazuki Hirata & Naoshi Sano vs Pheromones (Danshoku Dieno & Yuki Iino)
Chris Brookes & Yuya Koroku vs Kuishinbo Kamen & Makoto Oishi
HARASHIMA & Yukio Sakaguchi vs Yuji Hino & Yusuke Okada
Antonio Honda & Saki Akai vs SAKI & Shunma Katsumata
37KAMIINA (MAO, Toi Kojima & Yuki Ueno) vs DAMNATION TA (Daisuke Sasaki, KANON & MJ Paul)
Burning (Jun Akiyama & Tetsuya Endo) & Hiroshi Yamato vs Harimao (Kazusada Higuchi, Naomi Yoshimura & Yuki Ishida)
Uploaded later to Wrestle Universe

Stardom Goddesses of Stardom Tag League Night 2
Big Palette Fukushima, Koriyama
Lady C vs Mai Sakurai vs Momo Kohgo
Mafia Belle (Giulia & Thekla) vs Maihime (Himeka & Maika) vs meltear (Natsupoi & Tam Nakano)
God's Eye (Ami Sourei, MIRAI & Syuri) vs Oedo Tai (Momo Watanabe, Rina & Starlight Kid)
Tag League Blue Block: BMI2000 (Natsuko Tora & Ruaka) vs wing gori (Hanan & Saya Iida
Tag League Blue Block: 02line (AZM & Miyu Amasaki) vs FWC (Hazuki & Koguma)
Tag League Red Block: AphroditE (Saya Kamitani & Utami Hayashishita) vs We Love Tokyo Sports (Fukigen Death & Saki Kashima)
Show presumably uploaded to Stardom World

2pm JST/4pm AEDT/6am BST/1am EDT/10pm PDT

GLEAT G Prowrestling Ver.37
ii-one Stadium, Sapporo
60 Seconds (Keiichi Sato & Tetsuya Izuchi) vs Check Shimatani & Hartley Jackson
UWF Rules: Maya Fukuda vs Michiko Miyagi
Minoru Tanaka & Soma Watanabe vs Noriyuki Yoshida & Yu Iizuka
Jun Tonsho vs Kaito Ishida
Stronghearts (El Lindaman & Issei Onitsuka) vs Masato Kamino & Takanori Ito
G-Infinity Interim Tag Team Titles: Coelacanths (CIMA & Kaz Hayashi) vs Stronghearts (Shigehiro Irie & T-Hawk)
Uploaded to Youtube later

4pm JST/6pm AEDT/8am BST/3am EDT/12am PDT

Pro Wrestling NOAH Ariake Triumph - The Return - Pro Wrestling Love Forever Vol.3
Ariake Arena
Daishi Ozawa vs Kai Fujimura
Alejandro, Extreme Tiger & Shuhei Taniguchi vs Kongo (Hajime Ohara, Manabu Soya & Shuji Kondo)
Daiki Inaba & YO-HEY vs Dante Leon & Jack Morris
Los Perros del Mal de Japon (Eita, NOSAWA & Super Crazy) vs Stinger (Chris Ridgeway & Yoshinari Ogawa) & Yasutaka Yano
El Hijo del Dr Wagner Jr & Hideki Suzuki vs Masa Kitamiya & Masato Tanaka
GHC Junior Heavyweight Tag Team Titles: Atsushi Kotoge & Seiki Yoshioka(c) vs Kongo (Hi69 & Tadasuke)
GHC Junior Heavyweight Title: HAYATA(c) vs Ninja Mack
GHC Tag Team Titles: Satoshi Kojima & Takashi Sugiura vs Kongo (Katsuhiko Nakajima & Kenoh)
GBH (Togi Makabe & Tomoaki Honma) & Hiroshi Tanahashi vs Keiji Mutoh, Naomichi Marufuji & Yoshiki Inamura
GHC Heavyweight Title: Kaito Kiyomiya(c) vs Kazuyuki Fujita
Live on Wrestle Universe

Sendai Girls BIG SHOW In Niigata
Niigata City Gymnasium, Niigata
Ai Houzan vs Yurika Oka
Aiger vs Alexander Otsuka vs X
Amazon & Hiroyo Matsumoto vs Aoi & Maria
Manami & Ryo Mizunami vs Red Energy (Mika Iwata & Miyuki Takase)
DASH Chisako vs Mayumi Ozaki
Aja Kong & ASUKA vs Team 200kg (Chihiro Hashimoto & Yuu)
I'm assuming this will show up on Youtube, keep an eye on the Women's Wrestling thread

5:30pm JST/7:30pm AEDT/9:30am BST/4:30am EDT/1:30am PDT

Pro Wrestling FREEDOMS Kariya Freedom Plan
Kariya City Industrial Centre, Kariya
Dyna Mido & GENTARO vs Kengo Takai & Takaya Shibayama
Dragon Libre & Shinya Ishida vs Konaka & Mataro Aoki
Bunkhouse Scramble Deathmatch: Gunso & Toshiyuki Sakuda vs Kamui & Michio Kageyama
Weapon Deathmatch: Masashi Takeda vs Yusaku Ito
Hardcore Match: ERE (Dobunezumi Fukki, Drew Parker & Violento Jack) vs Minoru Fujita, Takashi Sasaki & Rina Yamashita
KING of FREEDOM World Tag Team Titles: Soul Meat (Tomoya Hirata & Toru Sugiura)(c) vs Daisuke Masoka & Jun Kasai

6:30pm JST/8:30pm AEDT/10:30am BST/5:30am EDT/2:30am PDT

New Japan Battle Autumn Night 12
Makuhari Messe International Conference Hall 1, Chiba
DOUKI vs Kosei Fujita
Great O Khan & Jeff Cobb vs Ryohei Oiwa & Yuto Nakashima
Dick Togo & EVIL vs Hikuleo & Master Wato
Alex Zayne, David FInlay & Tiger Mask vs Taichi, TAKA Michinoku & Zack Sabre Jr
El Desperado & Yoshinobu Kanemaru vs Gedo & Taiji Ishimori
BUSHI, Hiromu Takahashi, Tetsuya Naito & Titán vs Aaron Henare, Francesco Akira, Gideon Grey & TJP
NJPW World TV Title Tournament Quarter Final: Ren Narita vs Toru Yano
NJPW World TV Title Tournament Quarter Final: KENTA vs SANADA
Live on NJPW World

Also shows from Zero1, Actwres girlZ, Ice Ribbon, Wave, Secret Base, Diana, Dradition, Kyushu Pro, Osaka Pro, Ehime Pro, BJW, Dragongate & JWP

31/10/2022, Monday

Only YMZ

1/11/2022, Tuesday

6:30pm JST/8:30pm AEDT/10:30am BST/5:30am EDT/2:30am PDT

DDT D-Ou Grand Prix Opening Night
Korakuen Hall, Tokyo
Kazuki Hirata, Makoto Oishi & Toru Owashi vs Pheromones (Danshoku Dieno, Koju Takeda & Yuki Iino)
Hideki Okatani, Yuki Ishida & Yusuke Okada vs Kazuma Sumi, Shunma Katsumata & Toi Kojima
Damnation TA (Daisuke Sasaki & MJ Paul) vs Joey Janela & Yukio Sakaguchi
HARASHIMA & Jun Akiyama vs Takeshi Masada & Yuya Koroku
D-Ou GP A Block: Tetsuya Endo vs Yuki Ueno
D-Ou GP A Block: Naomi Yoshimura vs RSP
D-Ou GP B Block: KANON vs Kazusada Higuchi
D-Ou GP B Block: Yuji Hino vs Yukio Naya
D-Ou GP B Block: Chris Brookes vs MAO
Live on Wrestle Universe

2/11/2022, Wednesday

Only BJW

3/11/2022, Thursday, Culture Day

12:30pm JST/2:30pm AEDT/4:30am BST/11:30pm EDT/8:30pm PDT

Ganbare Pro Dirty Hero
Radiant Hall, Yokohama
Tsuyoshi Okada vs Yuki Kanzaki
HARUKAZE & Yumehito Imanari vs Ken Ohka & YuuRI
Moeka Haruhi & Willow Nightingale vs Yoshiko Hasegawa & Yuna Manase
Kouki Iwasaki vs Shinichiro Tominaga
Keisuke Ishii & Soma Takao vs Mizuki Watase & Toi Kojima
Spirit of Ganbare World Openweight Title: Hartley Jackson(c) vs Shuichiro Katsumura
Live on Wrestle Universe

3pm JST/5pm AEDT/7am BST/2am EDT/11pm PDT

Pro Wrestling NOAH Sunny Voyage[/b]
Kira Messe, Numazu
Card TBA

4pm JST/6pm AEDT/8am BST/3am EDT/12am PDT

Stardom Hiroshima Goddess Festival
Sun Plaza Hall, Hiroshima
Donna Del Mondo (Giulia, Mai Sakurai & Thekla) vs God's Eye (Ami Sourei, Konami & MIRAI)
Tag Gauntlet: AZM & Miyu Amasaki vs Hazuki & Koguma vs Lady C & Waka Tsukiyama vs Momo Kohgo & Saya Iida vs Ruaka & Saki Kashima
Himeka vs Yuna Mizumori
Alpha Female vs Mayu Iwatani
Natsuko Tora vs Utami Hayashishita
Goddess of Stardom Titles: meltear (Natsupoi & Tam Nakano)(c) vs Black Desire (Momo Watanabe & Starlight Kid)
Wonder of Stardom Title: Saya Kamitani(c) vs Mina Shirakawa
World of Stardom Title: Syuri(c) vs Maika

5pm JST/7pm AEDT/9am BST/4am EDT/1am PDT

DDT D-ou Grand Prix Night 2
Radiant Hall, Yokohama
Burning (Jun Akiyama, Yusuke Okada & Yuya Koroku) vs Soma Takao, Takeshi Masada & Toi Kojima
CDK (Chris Brookes & Masahiro Takanashi) & RSP vs Harimao (Kazusada Higuchi, Naomi Yoshimura & Yuki Ishida)
Blindfold Breastfold Tag Deathmatch: Antonio Honda & Shunma Katsumata vs HARASHIMA & Kazuki Hirata
D-Ou GP A Block: Joey Janela vs Yuki Ueno
D-Ou GP A Block: Daisuke Sasaki vs Tetsuya Endo
D-Ou GP B Block: KANON vs Yuji Hino
D-Ou GP B Block: MAO vs Yukio Naya
Live on Wrestle Universe

6pm JST/8pm AEDT/10am BST/5am EDT/2am PDT

New Japan Battle Autumn Night 15
EDION Arena #2, Osaka
Card TBA
Live on NJPW World

Also shows from Secret Base, Zero1, Kyushu Pro, Dragongate, BJW & Dove Pro

4/11/2022, Friday

Shows from Dragongate, BJW, JTO & Marvelous

Bonk
Aug 4, 2002

Douche Baggins
I'm curious about KAZMA's status. He hasn't been on the last couple GLEAT cards, and they pretty much hotshotted the tag belts off of him with that BULK vs BULK angle. I know he's been a freelancer for a long time, but he's showing up more in 2AW lately so I wonder if he's moving on.

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Bonk posted:

I'm curious about KAZMA's status. He hasn't been on the last couple GLEAT cards, and they pretty much hotshotted the tag belts off of him with that BULK vs BULK angle. I know he's been a freelancer for a long time, but he's showing up more in 2AW lately so I wonder if he's moving on.

What I heard is he's just having a break. Where I heard that I've no memory but I'm 99% sure I didn't just make it up in a fever Dream.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Gonna sit around fuming waiting to hear if NOAH hosed up and put the title back on Fujita, or if they just hosed up by having Kiyomiya win but look like a loser doing so :mad:

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

The clocks went back an hour in the UK which means all the times for the timezone I live in are wrong on the schedule.

That's clever

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

Bless both Japan and Perth for not doing daylight savings, always know they're one hour ahead of me

Stall_19
Jan 2, 2013

Prodigy of Victor von Doom
https://twitter.com/noah_ghc/status/1586634322374971392/photo/1

I'm sorry what??

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

It's like goldy or bronzy, but made of iron.

Very weird to see, and I guarantee this wouldn't have happened under Vince.

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

Lamuella posted:

Very weird to see, and I guarantee this wouldn't have happened under Vince.

They sent KENTA to NOAH under Vince

Stall_19
Jan 2, 2013

Prodigy of Victor von Doom
So Noah sells out Budokan right? What is the value of Shinsuke in Japan in 2022? Especially in that match.

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

GEORGE W BUSHI posted:

They sent KENTA to NOAH under Vince

Wasn't that when they were looking at buying NOAH as the base for NXT Japan?

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

forkboy84 posted:

Wasn't that when they were looking at buying NOAH as the base for NXT Japan?

Yeah, the speculation this time is that Mutoh will go into the WWE HOF next year

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Stall_19 posted:

So Noah sells out Budokan right? What is the value of Shinsuke in Japan in 2022? Especially in that match.

Well I'm mostly basing this on a feeling, but I'm fairly certain all of Japan would collectively jump in front of a bullet for Shinsuke Nakamura.

Edit: Oh poo poo, I wonder if they'll play his New Japan theme!?!

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

It's like goldy or bronzy, but made of iron.

Hayata has a fractured elbow. https://twitter.com/Hi5ame/status/1586720119417339905?t=_OeVQjBA9jwir1rnk44aGg&s=19

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

Jerusalem posted:

Well I'm mostly basing this on a feeling, but I'm fairly certain all of Japan would collectively jump in front of a bullet for Shinsuke Nakamura.

One can hope, it's a great theme

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

Tajiri and Yoshitatsu are tag champions in the year 2022, lol

Dancing Peasant
Jul 19, 2003

All this for stealing a piece of bread? :waycool:

If you’re wondering how that happened, it most likely came from this spot:

https://twitter.com/PuroresuFlow/status/1586675719622606848?s=20&t=RkZJbqy-chFYn7Fpc_IoFg

Dishwasher
Dec 5, 2006

Congratulations on not getting fit in 2011!

Space Flying Tiger Bomb :aaaaa:

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SRGpVFGX3Pc

GLEAT G Prowrestling Ver.37 airs tomorrow 11am UK time.

Lily Catts
Oct 17, 2012

Show me the way to you
(Heavy Metal)

Jerusalem posted:

well they played his WWE theme during the teaser. bigger likelihood is he gets "Audio muted due to copyright reasons" UNLESS Abema shovels a lot of money into licensing it. I mean, they could play Ultimo Dragon's entrance theme when his home promotion's streaming service couldn't (thanks GAORA).

IceAgeComing
Jan 29, 2013

pretty fucking embarrassing to watch
Wouldn't shock me if they're using the same excuse that UFC use to avoid licensing (basically that its incidental arena audio; and that means its fair game); that's what the big sports broadcasters generally do.

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

I think Abema just have a lot of stuff licensed and usually get stuff licensed for CyberFight promotions. They might already even have it for Chinsuke's DDT appearances anyway.

Funnily enough when they air NJPW, there's a few themes they don't have licensed (Taichi, KENTA) that NJPW does, but they do play Makabe and Dick Togo's theme. Togo still uses Insane in the Membrane for his rare singles appearances

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

I didn't mean to finish this today, I was just starting it while I had half an hour to kill before going to watch GLEAT & then oops. Some interesting stuff this week: D-Ou GP continues in DDT, New Japan have a decent looking card in Osaka, Freedoms hold the 1st 2 rounds of a tournament to crown their inaugural junior champ, Dragon Gate have one of their big 5 shows, Gate of Destiny which is stacked with big title matches, NOAH go to Korakuen & run a show that's basically all title matches. But I think the show I'm most intrigued by is Dragongate & NOAH COLLIDING in Korakuen Hall next Friday. There's some DG guys vs NOAH guys matches, some DG & NOAH faces vs DG & NOAH faces, potentially the most exciting thing for me is the first match from the artist formally known as Haoh since losing a loser leaves NOAH match in June to Tadasuke. And I guess Haoh did leave, & AMASUKA enters. I'd been wondering what he was doing next as I hadn't seen his name crop up anywhere & I guess the answer is he had a break & is back in NOAH, which is cool by me because he's one of the better juniors they have. And that Kaito/Yoshioka vs Kenoh/Minoura match is tasty as hell. Unfortunately I'm not sure the DG & NOAH fanbases are as excited for this show as I am, shame really. I can't really imagine who the X is against Ichikawa, but I'm sure it'll be hilarious because Konomama Ichikawa is the best comedy wrestler.

5/11/2022, Saturday

12:30pm JST/2:30pm AEDT/3:30am GMT/11:30pm EDT/8:30pm PDT

DDT D-ou Grand Prix Show 3
Radiant Hall, Yokohama
Antonio Honda & Disaster Box (Kazuki Hirata & Toru Owashi) vs Pheromones (Danshoku Dieno, Yuki Iino & Yumehito Imanari)
Kazuma Sumi & Shunma Katsumata vs Yusuke Okada & Yuya Koroku
Akito, HARASHIMA, Makoto Oishi & Sanshiro Takagi vs Hideki Okatani, Takeshi Masada, Toi Kojima & Yuki Ishida
D-Ou GP A Block: Daisuke Sasaki vs RSP
D-Ou GP A Block: Joey Janela vs Naomi Yoshimura
D-Ou GP B Block: KANON vs MAO
Live on Wrestle Universe

1pm JST/3pm AEDT/4am GMT/12am EDT/9pm PDT

Stardom Goddesses of Stardom Tag League Night 3
Nara Convention Centre, Nara
Saya Iida vs Starlight Kid
Cosmic Angels (Natsupoi, Tam Nakano & Waka Tsukiyama) vs Queen's Quest (AZM, Lady C & Miyu Amasaki)
Donna Del Mondo (Himeka, Mai Sakurai & Maika) vs Oedo Tai (Momo Watanabe, Natsuko Tora & Saki Kashima)
Tag League Blue Block: 7Up (Nanae Takahashi & Yuu) vs The New Eras (Ami Sourei & MIRAI)
Tag League Blue Block: FWC (Hazuki & Koguma) vs KaWild Venus (Mina Shirakawa & SAKI)
Tag League Red Block: Karate Brave (Syuri & Tomoka Inaba) vs Mafia Bella (Giulia & Thekla)
Tag League Red Block: AphroditE (Saya Kamitani & Utami Hayashishita) vs Peach☆Rock (Mayu Iwatani & Momo Kohgo)

5pm JST/7pm AEDT/8am GMT/4am EDT/1am PDT

DDT D-Out Grand Prix Show 4
Radiant Hall, Yokohama
37KAMIINA (MAO, Shunma Katsumata & Toi Kojima) & Takeshi Masada vs HARASHIMA, Jun Akiyama, Soma Takao & Yukio Naya
Damnation TA (Daisuke Sasaki & MJ Paul) vs Harimao (Naomi Yoshimura & Yuki Ishida
3 vs 2 Handicap Match: Eruption (Hideki Okatani & Saki Akai) & Kazuki Hirata vs Gota Ihashi & Pokotan
D-Ou GP A Block: Joey Janela vs Tetsuya Endo
D-Ou GP A Block: RSP vs Yuki Ueno
D-Ou GP B Block: Kazusada Higuchi vs Yuji Hino
D-Ou GP B Block: Chris Brookes vs KANON
Live on Wrestle Universe

New Japan Battle Autumn Night 16
EDION Arena, Osaka
IWGP Junior Heavyweight Tag Team Titles
United Empire (Francesco Akira & TJP)(c) vs LIJ (BUSHI & Titán)
Alex Zayne, David Finlay, Hiroshi Tanahashi & Toru Yano vs United Empire (Aaron Henare, Gideon Grey, Kyle Fletcher & Mark Davis)
Hikuleo vs Yujiro Takahashi
NJPW World TV Title Tournament Semi-Final: Ren Narita vs SANADA
NJPW World TV Title Tournament Semi-Final: EVIL vs Zack Sabre Jr
Incredible Parejas Match: El Desperado, Hiromu Takahashi, Master Wato & Taiji Ishimori vs TBC
Bullet Club (Jay White & KENTA) vs Kazuchika Okada & Tama Tonga
IWGP Tag Team Titles: FTR (Cash Wheeler & Dax Harwood)(c) vs United Empire (Great O-Khan & Jeff Cobb)
IWGP US Heavyweight Title: Will Ospreay(c) vs Tetsuya Naito
Live on NJPW World

6pm JST/8pm AEDT/9am GMT/5am EDT/2am PDT

Dragongate Gate of Evolution Night 2
Sambo Hall, Kobe
Eita vs Super Shenlong
Ishin Iihashi & M3K (Mochizuki Jr, Susumu Mochizuki & Yasushi Kanda) vs Punch Tominaga, Ryu Fude, Shachihoko Boy & Konomama Ichikawa
Mondai Ryu & Takashi Yoshida vs Natural Vibes (Kzy & U-T)
Royal Sambo: Ben-K vs BIG BOSS Shimizu vs BxB Hulk vs Diamante vs Dragon Dia vs Kaita Nagano vs Kota Minoura vs Madoka Kikuta vs Minorita vs Strong Machine J
Don Fujii, Genki Horiguchi & Shuji Kondo vs Fung Fu Masters (Ho Ho Lun, Jacky Funky Kamei & Jason Lee
KAI vs Masaaki Mochizuki
High-End (Dragon Kid & YAMATO) vs HYO & Yuki Yoshioka
Live on DG Network

Also shows from Ice Ribbon & Michinoku Pro

6/11/2022, Sunday

12:30pm JST/2:30pm AEST/3:30am GMT/11:30pm EST/8:30pm PST

Tokyo Joshi Pro Autumn Tour '22
Ryogoku KFC Hall, Tokyo
Pom Harajuku vs Yuki Kamifuku
Hikari Noa vs Kaya Toribami
Arisu Endo & Moka Miyamoto vs Raku & Yuki Aino
Haruna Neko vs Rika Tatsumi
121000000 (Maki Itoh & Miyu Yamashita) & Hyper Misao vs Magical Sugar Rabbits (Mizuki & Yuka Sakazaki) & Mahiro Kiryu
Miu Watanabe & Suzume vs Shoko Nakajima & Willow Nightingale
Live on Wrestle Universe

3:30pm JST/5:30pm AEST/5:30am GMT/2:30am EST/11:30pm PST

DDT Rojo Pro Wrestling In Shingashi Exciting Festival
Shingashi Station West Exit, Saitama
Falls Count Anywhere: HARASHIMA vs Makoto Oishi vs Nabe Yakan vs Shunma Katsumata

5pm JST/7pm AEST/8am GMT/4am EST/1am PST

Stardom Goddesses of Stardom Tag League Night 4
Messe Wing Mie Exihibition Hall, Tsu
Saki Kashima vs Saya Iida
Cosmic Angels (Mina Shirakawa & Waka Tsukiyama) vs Queen's Quest (Miyu Amasaki & Saya Kamitani)
Maihime (Himeka & Maika) vs The New Eras (Ami Sourei & MIRAI) vs Queen's Quest (AZM & Utami Hayashishita)
Tag League Blue Block: BMI2000 (Natsuko Tora & Ruaka) vs FWC (Hazuki & Koguma)
Tag League Blue Block: Karate Brave (Syuri & Tomoka Inaba) vs meltear (Natsupoi & Tam Nakano)
Tag League Red Block: Mafia Bella (Giulia & Thekla) vs My Fair Lady (Lady C & Mai Sakurai)
Tag League Red Block: Black Desire (Momo Watanabe & Starlight Kid) vs Peach☆Rock (Mayu Iwatani & Momo Kohgo)

5:30pm JST/7:30pm AEST/8:30am GMT/4:30am EST/1:30am PST

Dragongate The Gate of Destiny
EDION Arena, Osaka
Don Fujii, Naruki Doi, Shuji Kondo & Ultimo Dragon vs Natural Vibes (Jacky Funky Kamei, Jason Lee, Kzy & U-T)
Genki Horiguchi & Kaito Nagano vs Ishin Iihashi & Yasushi Kanda
Gurukun Mask, Konomama Ichikawa, Mondai Ryu & Shachihoko Boy vs Ho Ho Lun, Punch Tominaga, Takashi Yoshida & Yosuke Santa Maria
Gold Class (Ben-K & Kota Minoura) vs Z-Brats (BxB Hulk & Diamante)
Eita vs Takuma Fujiwara
Open The Twin Gate Titles: D'courage (Dragon Dia & Madoka Kikuta)(c) vs Natural Vibes (BIG BOSS Shimizu & Strong Machine J)
Open The Brave Gate Title: HYO(c) vs Dragon Kid
Open The Triangle Gate Titles: M3K (Masaaki Mochizuki, Mochizuki Jr & Susumu Mochizuki)(c) vs Z-Brats (KAI, Masked Z & Shun Skywalker)
Open The Dream Gate Title: Yuki Yoshioka(c) vs YAMATO
Live on DG Network

6:30pm JST/8:30pm AEST/9am GMT/5:30am EST/2:30am PST

Big Japan Saikyo Tag League
Korakuen Hall, Tokyo
Brahman Kei & Brahman Shu vs Koju Takeda & Tatsuhiko Yoshino
Daichi Hashimoto & Kazumi Kikuta vs Ryota Hama & Yasufumi Nakanoue
Abdullah Kobayashi, Jaki Numazawa & Ryuji Ito vs Kankuro Hoshino, Kazuki Hashimoto & Yuichi Taniguchi
Saikyo Tag League B Block: Daisuke Sekimoto & Kazumasa Yoshida vs Kaji Tomato & Kota Sekifuda
Saikyo Tag League A Block: Masashi Takeda & Takumi Tsukamoto vs Shigehiro Irie & Yuya Aoki
Astronauts (Fuminori Abe & Takuya Nomura) vs Hikaru Sato & Takuho Kato
Saikyo Tag League B Block: Masked GO!GOGO & Masaya Takahashi vs Yankee Two Kenju (Isami Kodaka & Yuko Miyamoto)
Live on NicoNico & LineLive

Also shows from Osaka Pro, Ice Ribbon, Wave, DIE, Doutonbori Pro & Oz Academy

7/11/2022, Monday

Only YMZ

8/11/2022, Tuesday

Only BASARA

9/11/2022, Wednesday

Dragongate Gate of Evolution Night 3
Korakuen Hall, Tokyo
Card TBA
Live on DG Network

7pm JST/9pm AEST/10am GMT/6am EST/3am PST

Battle For The Freedoms Junior Title
Shin-Kiba 1stRING, Tokyo
King of Freedom World Junior Heavyweight Title Tournament 1st Round: Mataro Aoki vs Rekka
King of Freedom World Junior Heavyweight Title Tournament 1st Round: Kamui vs Yusaku Ito
King of Freedom World Junior Heavyweight Title Tournament 1st Round: Brahman Kei vs Jun Masaoka
King of Freedom World Junior Heavyweight Title Tournament 1st Round: Dragon Libre vs Leo Isaka
Hardcore Match: ERE (Drew Parker, Dobunezumi Fukki, Toshiyuki Sakuda & Violento Jack) vs Daisuke Masaoka, Jun Kasai, Masashi Takeda & Rina Yamashita
King of Freedom World Junior Heavyweight Title Tournament Semi-Final: Aoki/Rekka vs Ito/Kamui
King of Freedom World Junior Heavyweight Title Tournament Semi-Final: Isaka/Libre vs Kei/Masaoka
I assume it'll be on NicoNico

10/11/2022, Thursday

Pro Wrestling NOAH GLOBAL 2days Global Honoured Crown
Korakuen Hall, Tokyo
Daishi Ozawa & Yasutaka Yano vs Kai Fujimura & Yoshiki Inamura
GHC Junior Heavyweight Tag Team Titles: Atsushi Kotoge & Seiki Yoshioka(c) vs Kongo (Hajime Ohara & Shuji Kondo)
GHC Junior Heavyweight Title: Ninja Mack(c) vs Dante Leon
GHC Tag Team Titles: Satoshi Kojima & Takashi Sugiura(c) vs Akitoshi Saito & Mohammed Yone
GHC National Title: Masakatsu Funaki vs El Hijo del Dr Wagner Jr
GHC Heavyweight Title: Kaito Kiyomiya(c) vs Timothy Thatcher
Live on Wrestle Universe

Also shows from Dragongate, Actwres girlZ & Ryukyu Dragon Pro

11/11/2022, Friday

Pro Wrestling NOAH & Dragongate GLOBAL 2days Global Dream
Korakuen Hall, Tokyo
Kai Fujimura, Yasutaka Yano & Yoshiki Inamura vs Madoka Kikuta, Mochizuki Jr & Ryu Fuda
Seiki Yoshioka vs YAMATO
Alejandro, Dragon Kid, Dragon Dia, Extreme Tiger & Ninja Mack vs Kongo (Hajime Ohara & Hi69) & Z-Brats (BxB Hulk, Diamante & HYO)
Genki Horiguchi, NOSAWA & Ryo Saito vs Natural Vibes (Jacky Funky Kamei & Kzy) & YO-HEY
Kaito Kiyomiya & Yuki Yoshioka vs Kenoh & Kota Minoura
AMAKUSA & Takumka Fujiwara vs Shun Skywalker & Tadasuke
Konomama Ichikawa vs X
Atsushi Kotoge, Dante Leon & Yosuke Santa Maria vs Natural Vibes (Jason Lee, Strong Machine J & U-T)
Live on Wrestle Universe

Also a show from Zero1

Bonk
Aug 4, 2002

Douche Baggins

forkboy84 posted:

Konomama Ichikawa vs X
I'm so glad they remembered to continue the X series. The match this summer was hilarious. I never thought I'd see Keiji Muto have to sell a Kancho.

Lily Catts
Oct 17, 2012

Show me the way to you
(Heavy Metal)
Who are the Xs that Konomama Ichikawa have faced already? I remember seeing him against Yoshiaki Fujiwara. Checked Cagematch and apparently there's a lot (Uncle Jun, Kensuke Sasaki, Yuji Nagata, even Masakatsu Funaki). I wonder who he's facing in NOAH this time.

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Lily Catts posted:

Who are the Xs that Konomama Ichikawa have faced already? I remember seeing him against Yoshiaki Fujiwara. Checked Cagematch and apparently there's a lot (Uncle Jun, Kensuke Sasaki, Yuji Nagata, even Masakatsu Funaki). I wonder who he's facing in NOAH this time.

I kind of like the idea of him vs Ogawa but probably not. Sugiura isn't on the show?

Bonk
Aug 4, 2002

Douche Baggins
The numbering is a little weird because they've done two full Bosou 10 Match Series (one in Toryumon in 2000-2002, and one in pre-split Dragon Gate 2007-2009), but they've also had a few non-numbered spinoffs against Masashi Aoyagi in 2011, Atsushi Onita in 2012, and Yoshiaki Fujiwara in 2013.

The one with Muto at Kobe World this year started a new 10x series, so this NOAHxDG show will have Match #2 in the 3rd numbered 10x series.

Dimebags Brain
Feb 18, 2013

So is the DG/Noah joint show only on Wrestle Universe? I can't watch it on the DG Network?

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Dimebags Brain posted:

So is the DG/Noah joint show only on Wrestle Universe? I can't watch it on the DG Network?

Looks that way. If you can wait a day or two I'd imagine it'll be available on VK or somewhere grey Market tube site and I'll post because not everyone is a sicko with the many wrestling service subs

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dimebags Brain
Feb 18, 2013

drat, that’s a shame :(

I think the X for that Stalker match will be Sting.